+ Reply
Page 10 of 418 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Ive attached a working copy of my os7.dylib. maybe you can try this one. OS7.rar (sorry that I had to zip the file, seems the only way i could upload
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive attached a working copy of my os7.dylib. maybe you can try this one.

OS7.rar

(sorry that I had to zip the file, seems the only way i could upload it)
    Last edited by bcscustom; 08-24-2011 at 07:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@bcscustom thanks, I'll try that one. So I replace the dylib, and then what do I do? Respring/reboot?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric323 View Post
    @bcscustom thanks, I'll try that one. So I replace the dylib, and then what do I do? Respring/reboot?
    should just be able to reboot... its working if your pin/unpin is white. Double check to see if you have 2 background.png's where I said in my previous post. If you dont have a background behind the tiles try adding one of your own to library/os7/ folder, and name it background.png . the one in images is for the tile backgrounds. Hope this helps....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    should just be able to reboot... its working if your pin/unpin is white. Double check to see if you have 2 background.png's where I said in my previous post. If you dont have a background behind the tiles try adding one of your own to library/os7/ folder, and name it background.png . the one in images is for the tile backgrounds. Hope this helps....
    The pin menu is now white, like the theme is (it's not centered on the screen though, it's on the bottom.) The background works as well.

Never mind, fixed the pin screen. Thanks.

Thanks

The pin menu is now white, like the theme is (it's not centered on the screen though, it's on the bottom.) The background works as well.
    Whew, Glad you got it running. I have found out by reading multiple forums and through my own experimentation that sometimes starting from scratch is the best way to debug. A clean start helps tremendously. Did you have to add your own background image for behind the tiles?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Whew, Glad you got it running. I have found out by reading multiple forums and through my own experimentation that sometimes starting from scratch is the best way to debug. A clean start helps tremendously. Did you have to add your own background image for behind the tiles?
    I did, since there was none either linked with the dylib or auto-created. But it kinda looks ugly as a background, any recommendations?

Oh, and just out of curiosity, has Wynd given up on the original OS7? Whatever happened to him adding spotlight support?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Alaric323;6205311]I did, since there was none either linked with the dylib or auto-created. But it kinda looks ugly as a background, any recommendations?

Thats a personal preference. not sure what your taste in os7 flavor is going to be. did you see my post with the gold theme mod a few pages back?
    That one option.... ive seen transparent icons, blue, orange... all choice u have with this theme, thanks to all the modder out there.. once you find your flavor im sure you will find a cool background to match, now that you know where to put it. Have fun with this theme. I sure do...
    Last edited by bcscustom; 08-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=bcscustom;6205314]
    I did, since there was none either linked with the dylib or auto-created. But it kinda looks ugly as a background, any recommendations?

Thats a personal preference. not sure what your taste in os7 flavor is going to be. did you see my post with the gold theme mod a few pages back?
    That one option.... ive seen transparent icons, blue, orange... all choice u have with this theme thanks to all the modder out there.. once you find your flavor im sure you will find a cool background to match now that you know where to put it. Have fun with this theme. I sure do...
    Alright, thanks. I noticed that most of the mods (like tile backgrounds) on the main mod thread aren't retina-compatible...

Thanks

They should be just add @2x after Background like [email protected] and your good to go..
    Last edited by Jdot1224; 08-24-2011 at 01:10 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Delete your tile background in your os7 images folder. It looks pretty smexy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Hmm..I just don't see how that would help. OS7 for DB has three things. The .dylib, OS7 theme folder, and the OS7 Libraries folder to hold your tiles. The last two i have in the right places and right permissions. I know this for fact. I replaced the .dylib. I don't see where the problem is....
    After thinking about it, the reason for reinstalling is that maybe the older versions do not have everything matching in the folders to the new version, example, maybe background.png is Backgroung.PNG, or the dylilb file is looking at a different location. Subtile changes like that will cause your theme not to work. The issue you said you have seems to result from the dylib not finding your icon overlays, masks, or backgrounds in the Library/OS7/Images/ folder. See, I can duplicate your issue by removing the icons in the app selection side just by removing the IconMask.png in the images folder and on the tiles side by removing the BigIconMask.png, IconOverlay.png and Background.png. So Im thinking broken links referenced from the dylib file to the Library/OS7/ Folder. OS7 doesnt have a wallpaper by default, so when you applied your theme it just looked black because the icons were not showing up. Thats also why you have text and no icons on the App selection side. So thats why I recommend to delete anything OS7 on your device and install using the cydia version. You can backup your tiles folder if you have tiles you wanted to keep then replace them once you get OS7 up and running. Just try it, Ive seen many peoples problems go away when they do that, just like Alaric323 did a few post back. Worst thing that can happen is that it dont work and you wasted 10 minutes, best thing is that it does.. Good luck
    Last edited by bcscustom; 08-24-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks

That's a twitter app called Maha. It's a great app for those that use twitter check it out on the App Store...You can customize everything.. anyway guys lets leave the thread open for new OS7 features and or issues with the new dylib..

My iPhone is a Part of Me ilovemyiPhone4's Avatar
    Thanks

Well this theme is by far my fav....waiting to see more updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    What do we name the wallpaper image?
    I guess we'll have to use SBSettings to quit background running app/s
    I believe Background.png Place in the OS7 folder, not under Tiles or Images.

Thanks

Is there a color keyboard that goes with this theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifones View Post
    Is there a color keyboard that goes with this theme?
    Check the OS7 mods thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-new-skins-themes-launches/750527-mods-os7-w-live-tiles.html <---- link
    Last edited by CCoops11; 08-25-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCoops11 View Post
    Check the OS7 mods thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-new-skins-themes-launches/750527-mods-os7-w-live-tiles.html <---- link
    I checked tge entire thread but there was no color keyboard. There was a guy who had one and told me about it and showed me the screenshots but was unwilling to share. There is only an iacces but Iam running 4.2.6 Verizon and I guess that won't work with iacces that Iam aware of. I'd love to be able to get the iaccess one ported to ckb or something similar.

Thanks

Relax bro, go to the color keyboard website and download the macbook pro one. Its all white but it has rounded corners. You need a separate plist to make the rounded keys squared. send me your email and ill send it to you.

Thanks

Alrighty there computer experts, do I have a question for you! Is there a way to make live tiles "live" only when the display is focused on them?