Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASED] MarioBrOS by Verizoniphone4_help (Winterboard & more)

My iPhone is a Part of Me jonkjon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    AT&T or verizon? The Verizon carrier bundle I have (4.2.7) is missing some coding, which I can't get the carrier.plist to replace the default one through Winterboard. The Verizon carrier symbol takes some ssh work as described in the extra folders in the download. If it's the AT&T one I'd love your help to solve the problem, As I just don't have a way to trouble shoot it myself.
    It's the Verizon one. Just won't change for me.....again, i am using 4.2.6
    "I own this block now!"-unknown Buuf gangster

Ok verizon is super tricky, first since i think you have a good working knowledge of your iphone's filing system go to the zepplin folder (verizon's carrier bundle) and look for any image files.

IF it does have them (which I imagine it doesn't) Then go into the carrier.plist in the MarioBrOS extras folder and change the name to the existing image file's name. Then you can change the image files located in the MarioBrOS package into a correctly named winterboard folder (i think you know how to find this name too, if not let me know), with the correct names to replace the existing ones in the zepplin (verizon carrier bundle) folder.

IF it doesn't have the image files. Remember that the image files and the carrier.plist has (in my experience anyways) to be hard copied into your filing system (into that zepplin folder). Make sure to rename your old carrier.plist, although this .plist is remade a LOT.

Once you've done this I had to RESTART my phone. If this doesn't work try restarting without the winterboard theme applied then apply after the restart.

If you get it working here are some cautions!!!!

1. If you update your carrier settings - it will reset the carrier.plist and you'll have to do this process over.

2. If you RESTART your iPhone - it will reset the carrier.plist and you'll have to do this process over.

These items make it very frustrating and cumbersome to actually get an image there >.< right now I use fake carrier since I RESTART all the time for Cydia updates and to test this theme's updates before I launch them.

Lastly, This HAS put my phone into safe mode before, so don't freak if this happens, just replace the modified carrier.plist with the old one and RESTART.

I hope updating to iOS5 will eliminate this stupidness and allow us Verizon users a way to edit the image there. Good luck! Please let me know if you ahve done this yet as I can redo it on my phone to make sure the instructions are complete (I wrote them from memory).

[RELEASED] v 3.2.5

1. Added solution for issues w/ black backgrounds on Customized Apple App Store Apps

2. Added 20 redone/updated icons & status bar images (new Safari, iPod, & Twitter Icon)

3. Fixed more Icon size differences

4. Fixed UIImages file path to the "more correct" path

5. Themed setting~iphone.string for settings app & localizable.strings for iPod app & bar images for iPod app (facebook page)

6. Completely themed Mail.app & Compass.app

7. Themed Anyattach, Firewall IP, & AdBlocker tweaks (Cydia, All Free)

Hey I want to say first off thanks for this Theme my girlfriend absolutely LOVES it and it is by far the best and most extensive Mario Theme around.

The only thing is there are few Icons I want to change around to better fit her lay out and well I can not for the life of me find a .Zip/Rar file of this Theme, as I like to Ssh them and I dont seem to see it on the OP. I cant just copy it from my phone to desktop without everything turning black, I even downloaded Cyder and tried to unpack the deb but still have the same problems of all black everything but a few of the icons.

If there is anyway you can direct me to a .zip/.rar so I dont have everything come up black it would be much appreciated.

Again thanks man by far without a doubt best Mario Theme on the net, you have talent and dedication, I know how time consuming making themes are I mess with the Buuf Theme and personalize it let alone start from scratch. Much Props!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daciple View Post
    Hey I want to say first off thanks for this Theme my girlfriend absolutely LOVES it and it is by far the best and most extensive Mario Theme around.

The only thing is there are few Icons I want to change around to better fit her lay out and well I can not for the life of me find a .Zip/Rar file of this Theme, as I like to Ssh them and I dont seem to see it on the OP. I cant just copy it from my phone to desktop without everything turning black, I even downloaded Cyder and tried to unpack the deb but still have the same problems of all black everything but a few of the icons.

If there is anyway you can direct me to a .zip/.rar so I dont have everything come up black it would be much appreciated.

Again thanks man by far without a doubt best Mario Theme on the net, you have talent and dedication, I know how time consuming making themes are I mess with the Buuf Theme and personalize it let alone start from scratch. Much Props!!!!
    Thank you very much for the praise It took me quite a while to figure out all the tricks but it's actually not that hard once you get a helping hand and some of the themers here and on MacThemes Forums are very helpful and knowledgeable!

Ok for the files on the facebook page I made for the App I list every package separately from Cydia so if someone wanted they could install by hand via iFile or another program. It isn't a deb file just the contents that would have to be unzipped and put in the right spot.

The i4 retina version of this theme didn't seem to get a correct upgrade like the 3G & 3GS did to v 3.2.6 so I would advise before modification waiting for me to release that (it fixes the missing ringtones and the wallpaper issue.).

For the black files that's nothing wrong with the files it is because they are "optiomized" to the apple iPhone's image file format. Apple decided to put some coding before and after the file name which if not removed renders the photo unreadable by every other program (iFile can look at them because it understands this coding.). Anyways some programmers have made a tool to undo this. I can do two things for you.

1. post a zip file for you that is of the 3.2.6 version and you can manually install.
    2. post a link of the .exe that removes the apple coding so you can see and edit any picture in the theme (winterboard can re-encode them by selecting optimize theme in the winterboard settings).
    3. Post a link with my private version of this theme. It contains some things I didn't release to Cydia and some extra files or files missing such as strings files which I hard copied to my iPhone. These pictures are NOT apple coded (black).
    4. Wait for the Cydia update v 3.2.6 for the i4 and then use #2

Remember, I stuck a TON of extra icons in the Cydia package that can be accessed and applied to get things exactly like the screenshots (which are more thorough on my app's facebook page). Just look in the folder via iFile or something.

Here's the facebook link.

and here's a link to a nominations page for i4 retina themes if you like it i'd appreciate a nomination

Thanks again for your comment and your praise!

v 3.2.6 link from mediafire

.exe to undo the black and other useful programs
    *fixed this URL

private version of the theme
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 11-06-2011 at 04:54 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Daciple (11-02-2011)

WOW, I wasnt expecting such a quick and through response, THANKS MAN!!!

I think I can figure everything out with the links you gave me, I appreciate all the help, Im gonna prob just check out the private and zip version and tweek what little bit to personalize it but thanks so much for that exe link, that is gonna help me massively with the other Themes Im building with the Buuf stuff. They get all black too but if that is the problem as you listed then you just made my life a billion times easier!!!

For all your hard work on the Theme and moreover your awesome help to me specifically Ima hafta to donate to the cause, it wont be much cuz Im broke but dude you deserve it. I also nominated you at that link, IDK if there is anything official I should do if so let me know, just gave you props and put up your link here.

Thanks again man you rock, God Bless!!!!

PS.

The .exe to change th black Icons works like a Charm THANKS, but the other two files dont work, says shortcut cant be found. I dont think I need them the other program remedies everything but might wanna check the plist and Iconoclasm just to make sure you packed them correctly.

Thanks again my friend!!!
    Last edited by Daciple; 11-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Ha, ha yes that was my bad. Must have grabbe te shortcut not the actual .exe, thank for the heads up and the donation. I just remembered and hope you already figured it out. The .exe the fixes the pictures you jut drag and drop the black images on it, it's not a program you can open or anything (took me a few min to realize that te first time.). And feel free to suggest things! Always looking for more to theme! Remeber to look in the packages extra folder (only in the CYDIA version as my private version has it all hard copied into the phone. ). They have complete instructions which someone of your experience could easily implement good luck and enjoy! -sent from my iPhone

Or u can dl the v 3.2.6 from the link two posts ago and extract the extras folder
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 11-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Daciple (11-03-2011)

[RELEASED] v 3.2.6

-fixed the wallpaper not showing and the ringtones not being installed

also the URL link has been fixed two posts ago thanks Daciple
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 11-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Daciple (11-03-2011)

Yea I had figured the normalizer out pretty quickly, now I can see everything so I can mod them and what not Thanks Again.

Also I def found your instructions useful, I was going about different ways to Mod Icons, and back in the day I had come across the solution you wrote out, but I got out of the JB Scene for like 1 1/2 yrs and that was the way I used to do it. Nice to have that method spelled out for me again it comes in handy.

The only thing I have noticed which may be purposefully that hasnt been Themed yet in this package is the Battery. I dont see it Themed in any of the Screen Shots in fact its not even there lol. Again I have a feeling that this was done purposefully, but so my Girl could have a visible battery I just moved my Buuf Files into a Battery Theme and installed it on Winterboard. In case you dont know which files (but considering your extensive knowledge I assume you really do know) I am speaking about they are these:

Black_BatteryDrainingBG
    Black_BatteryDrainingBG@2x

Black_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsides@2x

Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow
    Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow@2x

Silver_BatteryDrainingBG
    Silver_BatteryDrainingBG@2x

Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides@2x

Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow
    Silver_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow@2x

Again I assume that you purposefully choose to have a blank battery and just use #'s, but if you havent and you make a cool Themed Mario Battery I would love to try it out. The one from Buuf doesnt distract as it is greenish but you can tell its not Custom to Mario. She really doesnt care but Im pretty dag on Anal about my Themes lol Spend Hrs tweeking them to get them just right.

As for what else is really helping me that I credit you for is simply by dissecting your Theme and looking at everything you are Customizing, when I see the Files I can then change them on my Theme. To give you an example, in the Buuf Themes I have, none of them have changed the Bar Icons for the Media Player, they were stock. Well I didnt know what the File names were that I need to Create to change it in my Theme or the Size but then I saw it in your Theme and the Size and I was able to pick a Buuf type of Icon then Scale it and change it in my Theme.

This is basically how I have been learning to do everything, just simply by being a Copy Cat lol, I didnt have any previous experience in any Artworking Program, but these Themes and my insane Anal Tendencies are starting to force me to learn a bit. I dont have Photoshop just Gimp and that program works fine for what I do which is just Mod others already existing Work to tweek them for my Themes. I can only imagine the amount of time it takes to create original pieces as it is taking quite a bit to simply Mod a few to fit Themes.

One last thing, just giving a heads up, lol you didnt fix the link they are all now just shortcuts lol you even took the Normalizer out, but I think I can Google the other 2 programs and check them out. IDK what Iconoclast is used for, but with the Strings, I just took one from a Theme and manually changed them. Mine arent nearly as extensive as yours, me and my girl get a kick at reading what you wrote, like the Spam Messages that had me weak.

Anyways Much Props and Thanks again God Bless!!!

Yes, you guessed it! I found the battery symbol and the battery % to be redundent so I picked the one i liked better (%). Also, I couldn't think of a good way to theme this icon - though I could do like a growing tube or a chain of fireballs, idk. Also, the image files for the battery were "Themed" and by that I mean I made them transparent But if you wanted to change this just find the files inside my theme and put something in them! I would highly suggest if you like the theme to make a seperate package and use the winterboard function of overlaying as you described, this way you can get any more updates I do (but I don't plan on doing any, concentrating on iOS 5).

Your welcome for the "help" but really I encourage people "copy cat-ing" as this makes new and better themes! In reality I just copy cat-ed apple so, eh.

Gimp works well, I just have photoshop so i like it better.

Thanks for the heads up I'll repackage and actually test this time instead of just assuming (stupid home pc).

Also on the battery icon I found that if I had a missed call, alarm on, music playing, missed text, etc any more than about 3-4 status icons "on" they'd get messed up, due to space constraints. I did make the status bar icons slightly bigger than apple made theirs so to help this removing the battery icon made more space.

Also, I'm glad you noticed the .strings humor! I made this for myself so you will find some foul language and a bit of an attitude. I figured if your old enough to jailbreak your iPhone and know what that means your old enough for the mild language I went quite far with the strings and if you install the ones in the extra package as well it covers a LOT of what a user interacts with on a daily basis. Also, check out the compass. I realized I don't have a screenshot of it in either of the Cydia packages (something I prob won't due since I already have so many screenshots). But it is themed and if you check out the facebook pictures you'll see almost everything Glad you both enjoy and for themeing I just spent hours pouring through my iPhone's file system poking around and finding the files and .strings files I wanted to theme. If you ever have a themeing question you can ask me for sure I'd be more than happy to answer if I know, and know people who can answer what I can't.

Lastly, I can always use a good tester and if your up for it I'll shoot you beta's of my themes, I usually get to most of it and now have a i4 and i4s but always good to have another pair of eyes.

-noah

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Daciple (11-03-2011)

Yea Ive noticed that if I have a bunch of things at once they get squished, but I usually dont have more than like 3 at a time going on.

The ideas you had for a battery are pretty dope tho, if you made one let me know, Im gonna sub this thread to stay up with whatever new things you do. After reading your ideas one popped in my head, a play on the fire ball idea, which would be somehow have Bowser breathing fire and that is the flame gets lower as the battery drains. I have no clue if that is even possible but just a thought lol.

Yea the language doesnt bother me, lol Im old I use it all the time, but the ones I seen werent too crass anyhow, maybe your private ones were a bit more crass but I havent ssh that one, still have the Cydia one in there with a few of my Tweeks on it.

As far as beta testing for you SURE Id be honored man, Idk exactly how much help I would be and Im still on 4.3.3/4.3.5 atm, waiting until JB unteathered and winterboard is fully stable before bothering to upgrade. Plus I am just now getting my Themes to how I want them and I know the UG will mean redoing 1/2 the stuff lol

In fact I had to DG winterboard cuz its screwing up my phone, like I couldnt get it to Auto Spring and change any themes, it happened on my girls phone as well, so it will prob be a min before I go to 5. Still if you want me to check things when I do UG or even now Id be happy when I have the chances and time to look over things and give feedback here and there for you!!!

Just send me a PM if they can do that on this site or let me know a good contact email and Ill email you from my private email. Dont wanna post it cuz well you know lol

Anyhow keep up the good work bro and if I have any questions or concerns about Theming Ill def be hitting you up I appreciate the time you have taken to help me out!!!

Be well and God Bless!!!

lol well i replied yesterday but it looks like modmyi didn't like it anyways i was saying mainly

awesome i'll keep you in mind

I'm not yet on iOS5 myself but have my 4s waiting patiently

another idea might be mario in a frog suit with bubbles

and remember that sometimes ideas for status bar images are limited by their size (it's a very small space and things can get fuzzy)
    also about1/4th of the people who use MarioBrOS as their main theme are on 3G & 3GS so their images are even worse. Thus, I try to pick more simplistic versions of icons when at all possible, but that doesn't rule these ideas out just make sure you remember when your themeing how things will look before you spend hours creating them :P (I have tons of images that just didn't pan out).

I'll throw something together to work these ideas over the weekend or next weekend, pending how busy I am.

thanks again!

another idea might be mario in a frog suit with bubbles
    Haha thats dope I just told my girl and she said aww thatd be cute.

I understand that the images would have to be small thats why I was saying IF it were even possible cuz I figured the small size of the battery would make it difficult. Im sure it would be much worse for the 3GS since its 1/2 the size.

No rush tho man take your time or if your busy dont even worry about it, like I said I got a battery up there for her atm and she isnt at all like me lol She is just happy how it is. Nehow have a great happy and safe weekend, talk to ya later!!!

ok working on the battery icons, the fire one is a bit rough but i'll test it out in a bit. the Link to the useful programs should work now! i fixed it again.

-as my cat says there, i fixed it - again

Cool Thxz for the update, no rush on the Batteries take your time.

Yea the Zip works fine now that string editor will def be of use, I prob wont be using the Iconoclast program, it keeps crashing for some reason but after looking up what it does I personally wouldnt use it. I like to have full screens of normal rows of Icons, the only thing I like different is the 5 at the bottom.

Rite now on my Buuf Theme Im just working on making Custom Load Screens for all my Apps, passes the time. The only thing that annoys me is that I dont have all my Icons at 512x512 which fits the Load Screen Background so I have to resize them from 128x128 so they look blurry. Its not that big of a deal they still look decent but its not Pro like the Loaders that come with the Theme.

Oh well, lol what can you do.

Anyways take your time no rush and just glad that you were even willing to take the time to contemplate it let alone doing it, Good Luck, take care and God Bless my friend!!!

Well i made up the fireball battery theme but can't get the images to work >.> Yes the are longer than the original image but that's shouldn't matter, and I've resized it to the original size and that doesn't matter. The flame keeps getting put at the end of the body. Anyways here's the zip and If i figure out awesome but I figure i'd give you the artwork. Included is a .psd and the .pngs i made from that. The .psd pixel size is 40x70 though the original size of the battery is close to 40x40, so I adjusted the .png's after I made them from the .psd.
    Attached Files Attached Files

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Daciple (11-23-2011)

Thanks man we appreciate it, Ill be DL and checking them out tonight!!!

I've also tried having the background image (the koopa in every image (the draining, low , etc) This gave the same effect, except with the separated (the zip in the above post) way it shows only the flame for fully charged. SO i've tried it both ways and really have no idea where to go from here. If we can figure this out i'll develop the artwork for the mario frog one as well.

IDK if it would make a difference but what about flipping the images, so Koopa faces left instead of right?

I doubt it would do anything but since the Images are always showing up on Koopas butt maybe that would make it look better lol IDK tho I havent had time to really look into it with the Holidays but Ill mess with it this week see if I can help ya, if we can get it to work it will be really dope!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daciple View Post
    IDK if it would make a difference but what about flipping the images, so Koopa faces left instead of right?

I doubt it would do anything but since the Images are always showing up on Koopas butt maybe that would make it look better lol IDK tho I havent had time to really look into it with the Holidays but Ill mess with it this week see if I can help ya, if we can get it to work it will be really dope!!!
    lol I just read this message now that i'm redoing the theme for iOS 5.

The iOS first plug version 5.0.0 is released as a separate package and will be updated "soon". I never though of switching the imaged and that might just work as now that I'm back at it, it seems to place the small flame and medium flame at the same part of his butt every time. Anyways thanks for this idea that took me almost 6 months to read O.o

And for you daciple please visit the app's facebook page and if your interested pm me through there to help with the beta testing of the next iOS5 release. (need a ton of help cause i only have 2 CDMA phones and no 3G or 3GS devices.

[RELEASED] v 5.0.0

**separate package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12