+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech ColorKeyboard [Release]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hey j will there be an update for the CK theme to support the dictation key.
    Thanks

Hey j will there be an update for the CK theme to support the dictation key.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 845 Posts

It really needs to be updated. My buddy Phatmartino cracked the code to the new keyboard - it's going to take 108 separate keyboard images, lol.

That's like 5x more images than the original. It's such a daunting proposition, especially since it's a free theme.

Thanks for the reminder - I've been thinking about how I'm going to do it, but I just need to sit down and grok it out.

Thanks

Lol well hopefully you get time to work on it

Thanks

Default Ntech Color Keyboard 2.0

Version 2.0 has been uploaded and is pending release on Cydia!

(a small error has been corrected, bringing the new version up to 2.1)

Ntech ColorKeyboard 2.0 Change Log:

• Jointly developed by myself and Phatmartino!
    • Now fully compatible with iPhone 4S!
    • Version 2.0 uses an almost entirely new method to display the keyboard. Version 1.0 only used 30 images - version 2.0 uses 108!
    • Now included are separate image frames for the dictation function, which works great with my Neurotech Siri theme
    • Other changes include subtle graphical alterations to some of the lines and the delete button. Basically the only things that have remained untouched are the popup keys

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

aciadgnuh (06-02-2013), lao3hero (06-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 3,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

Version 2.0 has been uploaded and is pending release on Cydia!

(a small error has been corrected, bringing the new version up to 2.1)

Ntech ColorKeyboard 2.0 Change Log:

• Jointly developed by myself and Phatmartino!
    • Now fully compatible with iPhone 4S!
    • Version 2.0 uses an almost entirely new method to display the keyboard. Version 1.0 only used 30 images - version 2.0 uses 108!
    • Now included are separate image frames for the dictation function, which works great with my Neurotech Siri theme
    • Other changes include subtle graphical alterations to some of the lines and the delete button. Basically the only things that have remained untouched are the popup keys

Impressive

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hate to be a pain (considering I already posted this on Jahooba's Twitter page), but if somebody could perhaps help me out with this issue, I'd be very appreciative.

Every time I try to download the Neurotech ColorKeyboard theme I'm met with a size mismatch error. I've tried the following: restarting Cydia, restarting my phone, reinstalling ColorKeyboard, reinstalling the modmyi repository, and trying to download the theme via WiFi. Nothing has worked. I've been told that resetting the phone completely could fix this, but I'd rather not have to reset and re-jailbreak unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone run across this before?

I've also submitted feedback directly to (what I assume is) modmyi via the Cydia page for Neurotech ColorKeyboard and gotten no response.

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shapterjm View Post
    Every time I try to download the Neurotech ColorKeyboard theme I'm met with a size mismatch error. I've tried the following: restarting Cydia, restarting my phone, reinstalling ColorKeyboard, reinstalling the modmyi repository, and trying to download the theme via WiFi. Nothing has worked. I've been told that resetting the phone completely could fix this, but I'd rather not have to reset and re-jailbreak unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone run across this before?

Hey, unfortunately I don't have any answers that will solve the problem for you, but figured I'd let you know that I've at least been hearing about it a lot. I haven't experienced it myself, but I have a few packages on Cydia and have received several email/thread/post reports of this happening. The first few I got, I didn't have the packages in question actually installed on my phone (on iOS 5.1.1), so I immediately tried downloading to see for myself (via "4G" not WiFi), and haven't had the Size Mismatch problem yet. I also tried altoiddealer's Aliens CK which was reported to have the same issue, as well as Neurotech CK as soon as I saw your post. All worked with no problem...

One of the users who experienced the problem with one of my packages, without even batting an eye, restored, re-jailbroke, and didn't have the problem any more.

That's easier said than done for most of us of course, and I've looked into it a bit online and have found a lot of reports, supposed fixes, and totally mixed results. Plenty claim that restoring/re-jailbreaking did nothing.

I admittedly haven't been able to confirm iOS versions or device types for almost any of what I've heard about somehow, I'm wondering if there's an issue now if you're pre 5.1.1?

Post again of you would and include your device and iOS version...

May help to start narrowing it down...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Post again of you would and include your device and iOS version...

May help to start narrowing it down...
    Sorry, I thought I had included that I've got an iPhone 4s running 5.1.1. Any other information that might be helpful?

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shapterjm View Post
    Sorry, I thought I had included that I've got an iPhone 4s running 5.1.1. Any other information that might be helpful?
    Hmm... I'm almost more puzzled.

I've seen mention of, like you stated, removing the offending repo and then adding it again, and one post mentioned going to:

/var/lib/apt/lists/

....and deleting the package lists with the offending repo's name in it...

Looking into that location on my device (4s-5.1.1), there's also a folder called "partial" which also has lists from the repos you have installed.

If you remove the Modmyi repo in Cydia, try checking to see if any of those lists are still present in those physical locations.

If any are still present after the repo is removed, I can't see the harm
    in deleting those lists, and then trying to re-install the repo in Cydia.

Feel free to post again if any lists do remain before actually deleting anything, though I can't see it causing a problem, I also can't say for sure that it won't... Maybe someone with more general knowledge about this stuff will happen by...

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the tech support, Phat!

I've seen size-mismatch errors on two occasions: when installing on top of files that already exist (or files that are improperly uninstalled), and when the repo is down for updates.

Have you poked around and deleted stuff from Cydia in your iOS file system recently? Do you have any mods that installed that may be conflicting with Ntech CK? Have you manually deleted files, folders, or lists in the file system?

There's also an error when you try to install the keyboard when running a pirated version of Color Keyboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Have you poked around and deleted stuff from Cydia in your iOS file system recently? Do you have any mods that installed that may be conflicting with Ntech CK? Have you manually deleted files, folders, or lists in the file system?

There's also an error when you try to install the keyboard when running a pirated version of Color Keyboard.

As a general rule, I try not to mess around with any system files I do have iFile downloaded and I have looked at a few files (I thought I might try my hand at manually replacing a few icons at one point) but I never messed with anything. I did check those lists after deleting modmyi repo and it looks like it fully deleted. I just reinstalled it and tried the keyboard one more time--no luck.

I don't pirate good things from Cydia :-p

Edit: I do have a few files in /var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/ColorKeyboard/Themes called "Phatmartino_Brown_G1", etc....where'd those come from? Could those be the files that are interfering with my download? I don't remember downloading them specifically.
    Last edited by shapterjm; 07-29-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks

Is Neurotech CK showing up in your Cydia install list?

Are there any Neurotech CK files in Library/Colorkeyboard/Themes, or Library/Colorkeyboard/Popups?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, it's not in the install list. I don't see any Neurotech CK files in either of those directories, either.

Thanks

Here's the manual download. Simple put the files in your device as per the folder tree. You sound pretty good with computers, but if you have problems let me know!

Ntech CK 2.1.zip

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lasiaf (07-30-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It worked! I got everything working, finally! I'm actually rather impressed with myself...I've never used OpenSSH before (don't worry, I made a more secure password). Thanks so much for the help!
    Last edited by shapterjm; 07-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak? GIRLSONPOLAROID's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh yes please.. AZERTY version !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,265 Times in 3,826 Posts

With what Jay found out from your last post on Neuro HD, I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    With what Jay found out from your last post on Neuro HD, I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you.
    It's all good - the Ntech color keyboard is free

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-18-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks alot Jahooba. your theme is terrific^^can i have some more wallpapers and thanks again^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aciadgnuh View Post
    thanks alot Jahooba. your theme is terrific^^can i have some more wallpapers and thanks again^^
    Thanks! I have a new wallpaper sketched out and ready to be made, but I'm working on a little something else at the moment.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-02-2013)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345