Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Theme Tool] Icon Thief

1.2 has been released, feel free test it out and let me know of features you may recommend.

No bugs reported so far, which is a good sign! Next release I'll add options to collect only stock app icons and cydia icons, ignoring iTunes apps, and an option to grab launch images.

update fixed my problem
    this is the most useful app ever and i highly recomend it
    it would be cool if it could grab all cydia settings icons and bundles!
    thanks
    no more searching for bundle or icon names

Quote Originally Posted by mkeric1 View Post
    update fixed my problem
    this is the most useful app ever and i highly recomend it
    it would be cool if it could grab all cydia settings icons and bundles!
    thanks
    no more searching for bundle or icon names
    I'm not sure I know which settings icons you mean. Where do they show up on the phone?

it craches on my ipod touch 2g mc. but that might be because im on 4.2.1, or that i don't have arm7

Can i suggest that when it grabs the artwork files that it renames them a jpg rather than pngs as Photoshop can open them when rebamed as pngs

[QUOTE=PhAzE Variance;6150992]I'm not sure I know which settings icons you mean. Where do they show up on the phone?[/

QUOTE]
    when you go into settings it lists all the native then cydia settings

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    Can i suggest that when it grabs the artwork files that it renames them a jpg rather than pngs as Photoshop can open them when rebamed as pngs
    Oh ya that's easy to change. I'll do that in the next release because I think they are native jpg files instead of LNG anyways.

[QUOTE=mkeric1;6152224]
    Quote Originally Posted by PhAzE Variance View Post
    I'm not sure I know which settings icons you mean. Where do they show up on the phone?[/

QUOTE]
    when you go into settings it lists all the native then cydia settings
    I'll have a look as to where those are stored and put an option button to grab those as well. (I forgot about those)
    Last edited by PhAzE Variance; 07-22-2011 at 04:29 PM.

haha i made something like this! but it was from the command line... urs is much more useful :/ o well

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-3...made-easy.html

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    haha i made something like this! but it was from the command line... urs is much more useful :/ o well

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-3...made-easy.html
    Actually, it was your script that inspired me to learn Xcode and objective-c programming so I could make this as easy for end users as possible! I couldn't use command line scripts in this so i had to research pretty hard on how to find and collect all the pieces. You were definitely the pioneer in automating icon collection for iPhone.

cool glad i inspired you one day ill learn xcode too.... maybe

Thanks

WOW! Super Nice works like a charm!! Kudos to you my friend Saves "BUNDLES" of time!!

Thanks!

Coming in the next update (nearly finished) are options to:
    - select the sizes of icons to collect (ie: Standard-57x57, HD-114x114, Small-29x29, SmallHD-58x58, etc)
    - collect the SBSettings default theme
    - collect only the default iphone icons and the Cydia icons (skipping iTunes icons)
    - collect default launch images for apps
    - collect icons from the 'preferences' app
    - artwork images will save as JPG instead of PNG (since they are actually JPG files on the device)

It also has a new method of locating the application icons, so it should be faster as well. With these options in place, this app will be the best app available to collect icons without manually searching for them!

Version 1.3 has been released on Cydia! huge imrpvoements and many new options for collecting icons based on specific sizes! Check it out and let me know if there are problems.

Any testers on the latest version? For those who collect icons manually, the new additional options will greatly improve the icon collection process.

I'm extremely novice at this, but is it possible to use icon thief to get icons from a dreamboard theme, and use them for a different winterboard theme? Thanks.

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 652 Posts

Some one should make an app the can compile .artwork file from uiimages so you can swap .artwork files so your ui is always themed

This tool looks awesome, but fails to launch in iOS 5.0. Hopefully this will be updated soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanGFX View Post
    This tool looks awesome, but fails to launch in iOS 5.0. Hopefully this will be updated soon...
    Yup, crashes on launch in iOS 5

Duplicate post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast