+ Reply
Page 1 of 142 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dream

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Ladies and Gentlemen, from my last theme DeZire I present to you Dream Like a Dream... the way YOU want it. I thought of that phrase the day I sat
    Theme Creator
    Thanks

Talking Dream
    Ladies and Gentlemen, from my last theme DeZire I present to you

Dream

Like a Dream... the way YOU want it.

I thought of that phrase the day I sat down and said, "How can I make DeZire even better?" and for the rest of the time making this theme I had that one objective in mind.

Creating a theme that not only pushed the bar visually, but allowed FULL CUSTOMIZATION for the user - Having WHICH icons you want WHERE you want!

ICONS FOR THEME DEAL

Ok everyone I have a deal for you! If you want the theme for FREE when it is released you can do the following (trust me it is so easy =):
    • Create 50 Icons that AREN'T on the Icons List
    • Create both HD (320x206) and SD (160x103) versions
    • Submit in a zip for me to check and you'll be added on the "Icon Creators List"
    • Make sure to include a text file with the icons you created!
    • The zip should be named as follows "yourname - howmanyicons.zip"
    On release (and afterwards) I will send an email to those on the "Icon Creators List" and they will be able to download Dream for FREE!

Note: The checking process ensures the icons are acceptable for release (not stretched images, good composition, suits nicely with the theme, etc) AND ensures the 50 you submit have not been made already*.

*There maybe a situation in which the "Icon List" is not updated when more than one person is making icons simultaneously and more than one person submits icons that were not on the list. IMPORTANT: I will accept whoever submitted first and notify the other person that the icon was already made.

Also to help with making the SD icons, search "imageresize" on mmi and look for the thread talking about resizing images from iphone 4 (link doesn't work for some reason). Credits to Kevin

Please watch the last video in this post for details.

ONE MORE THING!

Make CERTAIN the name of the icons you make:
    • Are named EXACTLY (case sensitive, include/don't include spaces, include symbols if needed) as they appear when you go to Editing Mode in DreamBoard and choose from the list!!! - see video below!!
    • For HD Icons (320x206) include "@2x" before ".png" (Sample... "[email protected]")
    • For SD Icons (160x103) DO NOT include "@2x" (Sample... "Mail.png")

Icon Creators List

• Aenima133
    • 1wildcat1
    • winfis
    • dudeski
    • RokinDeez
    • emre71
    • markpaulk
    • PathKiller29
    • Salander85
    • Whosiao
    • Noober.info
    • thething869

Now thanks to kuanyu...

AUTO CREATE PERFECT DREAM ICONS MAC(UPDATED)
    This Tweak will auto Create Dream Icon, All you'll need is the App Images, the apps name, and a Brain to think (lol)
    In this update, you shall no longer worry about making unacceptable icons, cause in this update, it will auto resize/recenter the app's image. Small chances that you would create a fail icon.
    Find All your App Images Here: iExtract - iTunes App Artwork Extractor
    Please Read Instruction File in Download!
    DOWNLOAD: AutoCreate Dream.zip

And now thanks to TH3KANGST3R...

AUTO CREATE PERFECT DREAM ICONS FOR WINDOWS(UPDATED)
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z3dt4h1990x1c7

Main Features:

1. SETUP MENU

Dream comes with a fully integrated Setup Menu from which you can choose:
    • How many pages you want
    • The titles for each page

The Setup Menu can be accessed instantly from the theme so you can keep Dream the way YOU want. Want one giant page of scrolling icons? Or maybe ten pages for all your different categories? You choose!

2. INSTANT ACCESS TO EDITING MODE

Along side the Setup Menu you can quickly enter Editing Mode and position your icons where you want with ease.

3. UNIQUE LOCKSCREEN

Another thing you will notice about Dream is its rather unique lockscreen. The way it works is simple, slide the key into the lock then tap the lock (I added nice help tips for those who don't get it).

4. 30 HANDPICKED WALLPAPERS

I spent A LOT of time going through wallpapers (over a thousand) to find a nice collection of wallpapers.
    There are 6 schemes (Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow, Green, Black) - lol the teaser says 5 - 10 wallpapers in each.
    Each wallpaper is panoramic and scrolls with the icons.

5. NEW STYLE OF THE CLASSIC DEZIRE ICONS

Dream uses the same style of icons as the DeZire icons with a fresh look.
    Here is a video on how to create your own using Photoshop (remember to add "@2x" before ".png" if you are using a Retina Display device).

Download PSD file here: Icons.psd

For the Icon Modders:

NOW ALL THANKS TO VOLTAGExDT

Dream Icons Web Album

Enjoy!

Note: Small bug, when u save the image if it has a space in name it saves it as john_doe. Will get this fixed.

NOW ALL THANKS TO Kuanyu

Dream How To Guide + FAQs

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dream-preview-image-2-sd.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by unoimkll; 07-25-2011 at 05:47 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (09-10-2011), PathKiller29 (07-21-2011), whosiao (09-10-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude this is so sweet man im going to attempt to make some icons for this theme!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rokindeez For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-07-2011)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Thank you very much rokindeez, tell me if you need anything for the icons. You shall me the first on the glorified Icon Creator List.

Thank you again =]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are there any page indicators or folders? Looks awesome. I'm impressed. Love the setup menu. What's the eta and price on this?

And also. Will there be a UI? Or do we just use DeZire?
    Last edited by Aenima133; 07-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

- Thank you
    - No page indicators
    - There is a folder at the bottom of each page
    - eta = ready for release (JUST NEED ICONS) - I have gone through A **** TON of testing
    - price will be 2.99
    - deZire ui

Also if anyone is interested line count for the plist is 95082, it was a headache and a half

8. The Following User Says Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

whosiao (09-10-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    - Thank you
    - No page indicators
    - There is a folder at the bottom of each page
    - eta = ready for release (JUST NEED ICONS) - I have gone through A **** TON of testing
    - price will be 2.99
    - deZire ui

Also if anyone is interested line count for the plist is 95082, it was a headache and a half
    Awesome. Also. Just icons, right? No widgets or anything? Sorry for all the questions. Lol. If there's a video, I didn't see cuz I'm on my phone. Also. So I'd have buy dezire as well to get the UI or does it come with it?

I'd help you with icons, but I suck at Photoshop.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 07-07-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Dont mind the questions, fire away =]

- No widgets (ill be honest, there nice for a while then they are annoying, waste of space, ram/battery eaters MY OPINION. THATS NOT TO SAY I WONT ADD ANY IN FUTURE UPDATES)
    - Icons take literally NO PHOTOSHOP SKILLS. It takes 1 minute TOTAL to make an icon.
    - Also there are THREE vids lol

also i WILL ADD dezire UI for this BUT i dont know how. Can anyone tell me how to add winterboard images to a dreamboard theme

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dont mind the questions, fire away =]

- No widgets (ill be honest, there nice for a while then they are annoying, waste of space, ram/battery eaters MY OPINION. THATS NOT TO SAY I WONT ADD ANY IN FUTURE UPDATES)
    - Icons take literally NO PHOTOSHOP SKILLS. It takes 1 minute TOTAL to make an icon.
    - Also there are THREE vids lol

also i WILL ADD dezire UI for this BUT i dont know how. Can anyone tell me how to add winterboard images to a dreamboard theme
    Yeah I understand what you mean by that, I'm just so used to them i guess. I really loved the DeZire widget.

I might give a shot.

And i'm my computer now so i have watched the vids. This looks awesome. I'll have to scrounge up $3 for this. Currently broke. haha

Also, sorry for sounding like a broken record, but any possibility of like a legacy DeZire DB theme? I'm sorry i keep asking, but ever since Angrypigs got canned, I've been dying for one.

OH and about the DeZire UI, usually that's done with WB as far as like SMS, Safari, iPod, Status Bar, Etc. Dreamboard can only do Springboard and Lockscreen. Hope that's what you were asking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Man this looks sick! I'm getting tired of buying all these awesome dreamboard themes. But I just can't resist! This one is definitly going to be one of my main dreamboard themes. Great job bro!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swol_je For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-07-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What icons do you have or need? lol. I don't want make a bunch of icons you don't need. or already have.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Yeh if there was a way you could join a winterboard them and a dreamboard theme in one package.

I may do a sort of icons for theme trade for some people, but still not sure =]

As for a DeZire DB port. Short answer: not any time soon. Long answer: I could, it isn't hard but I won't have time so please don't get your hopes up. I have less than ten days before uni starts again and I think making a new theme was a better use of my time than just a DB port. Sorry to disappoint =[

I'll whip up an icons list now. WAIT actually in the psd file you can download it has all the icons I have already made. (ill still make the list though)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Samberg865's Avatar
    Thanks

If we build enough icons, could we get it free? Some of us have no PayPal.

Thanks

Did you already make a dreamboard icon? If not: here. Also two tweet bot icons. Also the creeps, Deathworm

unoimkll : What do you think about the icons?

Edit: Named all appname@2x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dream-creeps-2x.png   Dream-tweetbot-2x.png   Dream-deathworm-2x.png   Dream-dreamboard-2x.png   Dream-tweetbotalt-2x.png  
    Last edited by rokindeez; 07-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rokindeez For This Useful Post:

AWin (07-07-2011), unoimkll (07-07-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeh if there was a way you could join a winterboard them and a dreamboard theme in one package.

I may do a sort of icons for theme trade for some people, but still not sure =]

As for a DeZire DB port. Short answer: not any time soon. Long answer: I could, it isn't hard but I won't have time so please don't get your hopes up. I have less than ten days before uni starts again and I think making a new theme was a better use of my time than just a DB port. Sorry to disappoint =[

I'll whip up an icons list now. WAIT actually in the psd file you can download it has all the icons I have already made. (ill still make the list though)
    What do you mean by one package?

Hmm. I could totally be interested in a icons for theme trade. hahaha.

And that's cool. Not holding my breath or nothing, just would really like it. And yes i totally agree as far as better use of time. This looks amazing.

And i just noticed that in the .psd. lol Sorry for asking. Should've looked first.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-07-2011)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

That was quick! Thank you good sir

I just uploaded the Icons List so you can know what has been made already. Make sure you include "@2x" if you are making the HD Retina versions (dw about SD I can convert them later)

By one package, I mean on cydia if you buy Dream you get the dreamboard springboard/lockscreen/icons AS WELL AS the winterboard UI and app skins... know what i mean?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just uploaded the Icons List so you can know what has been made already. Make sure you include "@2x" if you are making the HD Retina versions (dw about SD I can convert them later)

By one package, I mean on cydia if you buy Dream you get the dreamboard springboard/lockscreen/icons AS WELL AS the winterboard UI and app skins... know what i mean?
    Ah. I'm not 100% sure how cydia works, but i do know it's possible to make a .deb to recieve both DB theme and WB theme. I'm not sure what is required to submit something to cydia though. Sorry i can't help really.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Samberg865's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess not.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I'll look into it =]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'll look into it =]
    ok. Hope you can figure it out. Basically just send it to different file locations. Other themes have done it. Like how they send perpage files to perpage but also have the winterboard themes in the right spot.

Should start on icons tonight. I need my other computer. This one doesn't have PS.

Thanks

Thanks. I'm 17 and have a lot of free time this summer so I can probably make a good deal of icons.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to rokindeez For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-07-2011)