+ Reply
Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dream

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
This theme looks great! Really eye appealing but I do have to say it just feels like something is missing, I can't quite figure out what yet lol Originally Posted
    Thanks

This theme looks great! Really eye appealing but I do have to say it just feels like something is missing, I can't quite figure out what yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    Also Blue, with your DB port for Evolution HD did you manage to include the UI from the winterboard version WITH the DB version you get on Cydia. (i.e. get the DB version and all the UI is included)? I would like to do the same with DeZire but not sure how to package the contents for submission.

Cheers in advance =]
    if you package it all into a .deb file that will make it all install in the proper locations rather than a .zip just unpacking them and you having to manually move theme to the proper location
    Last edited by Moose0704; 07-08-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeh I should have been clearer, but I initially thought you were asking can you use the same images (i.e. find the image i used for the icons on the net and use that for the Dream icons). I wasn't considering using the actual icons at the time.

And trust me I know how it feels to not notice something only to finally realize when you have spent hours working with it. When I was making the bottom folder buttons I accidentally left the icons layers on so there was a ever so faint shadow on the top. Really doesn't help being a perfectionist either.

Speaking of which, I am on the hunt to sort out those icon badges.
    It's cool. Just tell me which ones i need to redo so I can get this theme. I need this theme. lol I'll work for hours more to get it.

And about the icon badges, I don't believe they can be moved if it is an icon editable in edit mode. that's just where they fall. About the same place it would if a normal sized icon would put there.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    This theme looks great! Really eye appealing but I do have to say it just feels like something is missing, I can't quite figure out what yet lol

if you package it all into a .deb file that will make it all install in the proper locations rather than a .zip just unpacking them and you having to manually move theme to the proper location
    Cool so it is possible, guess I'll need to look for how to create deb files then.

About the feeling that something is missing. I do actually know how you feel. The aim behind Dream is to have people come over to DB and stay here. There are many people that love DB and its possibilities and jump on it the first thing they could, I know I did! =] But some other people (my bro actually raised this point early on in development) that not everyone wants to fiddle with plist files, have widgets they don't actually use and just eat battery/ram, or even change the way they use their iphones (note how successful full UI themes are because they keep the ios functionality but give it a fresh new look).

As I mentioned earlier, I aimed for Dream to be a theme people stick with not only for its visuals but also its simple and effective functionality. So yes, I can totally justify what you are feeling, but in turn I must say it did not go without thought.

=]

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    It's cool. Just tell me which ones i need to redo so I can get this theme. I need this theme. lol I'll work for hours more to get it.

And about the icon badges, I don't believe they can be moved if it is an icon editable in edit mode. that's just where they fall. About the same place it would if a normal sized icon would put there.
    I'll see what I can do about the badges.

Also few pointers for the icons:
    - redo list is attached
    - make sure you zoom in when you position the image so that you don't leave a line of pixels from the image underneath showing. (Look at the final fantasy icon as an example)
    - also please use a txt file for the icons list (just helps consistency)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by unoimkll; 07-08-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Cool so it is possible, guess I'll need to look for how to create deb files then.

About the feeling that something is missing. I do actually know how you feel. The aim behind Dream is to have people come over to DB and stay here. There are many people that love DB and its possibilities and jump on it the first thing they could, I know I did! =] But some other people (my bro actually raised this point early on in development) that not everyone wants to fiddle with plist files, have widgets they don't actually use and just eat battery/ram, or even change the way they use their iphones (note how successful full UI themes are because they keep the ios functionality but give it a fresh new look).

As I mentioned earlier, I aimed for Dream to be a theme people stick with not only for its visuals but also its simple and effective functionality. So yes, I can totally justify what you are feeling, but in turn I must say it did not go without thought.

=]

- redo list is attached
    - make sure you zoom in when you position the image so that you don't leave a line of pixels from the image underneath showing. (Look at the final fantasy icon as an example)
    Ok. I appreciate the criticism. And I understand why i would need to redo the ones I took from dezire. but not all of these are like that. Almost half of these i found the image on google. So i'm curious to know what's wrong.

And i can't figure out how to remove the images already there and still show the one i added.....

Ok. So i counted 13 icons that i made, that I'd like to know what's wrong with them...Final Fantasy III i saw, but these i don't see...
    Last edited by Aenima133; 07-08-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

You can count on me making some icons, that some people might have forgotten! I will make mostly games, but i will add some other ones i know of and use!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Thanks

=]

- redo list is attached
    I totally understand what your saying and that is a great idea!! And you will probably bring over those that have questioned DB and now can use it without those things, so this is pretty much an SD version of DB themes cause I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and have never had the issues with eating ram, so this version would be best for say iPod touches or older iPhones to also be able to enjoy DB, so major kudos to you for allowing many more to experience what we are all experiencing

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (07-08-2011), unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    You can count on me making some icons, that some people might have forgotten! I will make mostly games, but i will add some other ones i know of and use!
    Champ status!

Also just finished recording the hardest fail of a tutorial/guide video ever. It will take ages to upload, I hope if anything you get a laugh out of it but it does cover all the basis for the Icons for Theme Deal (if you hang in there) =]

Thanks

Champ status!

Also just finished recording the hardest fail of a tutorial/guide video ever. It will take ages to upload, I hope if anything you get a laugh out of it but it does cover all the basis for the Icons for Theme Deal (if you hang in there) =]
    SWEET! I got champ status from a themer! COOOOOOLZ. Well, i got 15 of the 50 done. Some are actually games that people forget about! I would tell you which, but i don't want people ending up using them, submitting first and me having to redo another game! but unoimkl, i am doing my best with these icons, especially since my PS skillz are terrible!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hey unoimkll. I completed the redos of the ones i took from dezire. but i would like you resubmit ones on the redo list. Cuz i can't find anything wrong and i got the image straight from google, not another icon. Could you spread some light?

And when i'm done redoing my icons, Do i upload a brand new package, or just my redone ones?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Where's unoimkll? i need answers so i know what to do. I want to be ahead of the curve so i don't have to worry about people already making icons i made..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (07-08-2011)

Thanks

Where's unoimkll? i need answers so i know what to do. I want to be ahead of the curve so i don't have to worry about people already making icons i made..
    That depends on who finished sending it to him... But my icons are realllllllyy different...so yea, idc who turns in first

Done...Finished all 100 icons! 50 HD and SD! Took time man...
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 07-08-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    That depends on who finished sending it to him... But my icons are realllllllyy different...so yea, idc who turns in first
    The reason I'm worrying about it is because if I send it 50 original icons, both HD and SD, then he'll send me the theme for free. and I'm super broke. So this is all i got. lol

Theme Creator
    Thanks

HELLO,

@Aenima just send what you think is fine and I'll provide a description for those that I need redone. Thats the easiest

Also, its 4:30am in Aus why arent i sleeping? lol

Just a heads up you will be very surprised how picky i am 0.o

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

Aenima133 (07-08-2011), FrightDealer (07-08-2011)

Thanks

HELLO,

@Aenima just send what you think is fine and I'll provide a description for those that I need redone. Thats the easiest

i finished them also, should i PM u the link? Or post it live here? That way, mayb if you don't like some, others might...Your call

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

HELLO,

OK, these are the ones I don't see anything wrong with, And i also redid the other 22, So do you want me to just wait until they are all done and repackage or just post them now, and then the rest later, or what? youre call.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 07-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 51 Icons I made HD
    Hi these are 51 Icons that i made. These are all HD at the moment and will convert them to SD later

8tracks
    A Monster Ate My Homework
    Air Penguin
    Angry Birds Rio
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Army of Darkness Defense
    Articles
    Deathworm
    DoodleGrub
    DreamBoard
    Epic War TD
    Find My iPhone
    Flick Golf
    Four Square
    Geo Defense
    Gravity Guy
    GyroSynth
    Hipstamatic
    I am T-Pain
    iMovie
    Instagram
    Kindle
    LaDiDa
    Lamebook
    Localscope
    modmyi
    Monopoly
    Myspace
    NBA Jam
    Nike + iPod
    Nike+ GPS
    NinJump Deluxe
    PhotoStudio
    Pocket God
    Photoshop Express
    Real Racing 2
    ScoreCenter
    Scrabble
    Skyfire
    Awesome Solitaire
    Songkick
    Starbucks
    Tap Tap Revenge 4
    The Creeps
    The Sims 3
    Google Translate
    Tweetbot
    Tweetbot alt
    Wallpapers HD
    Word Lens
    Yelp
    Zapd
    Last edited by rokindeez; 07-10-2011 at 01:49 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rokindeez For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

OK, these are the ones I don't see anything wrong with, And i also redid the other 22, So do you want me to just wait until they are all done and repackage or just post them now, and then the rest later, or what? youre call.
    Ok this is embarrassing. I specifically recall thinking these were good. Maybe half way along the line I forgot I was sending you the bad list and not the good list. MY APOLOGIES!!

If the others are fine send them my way

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not going to sleep until I make this guy 100% with my icons....

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (07-08-2011), unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Looking forward to this theme, looks really good.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to skiptowncat For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-08-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok. Here's My "Redone" Icons. Hope they work. You will notice they look the same, but i found the image on google instead of copying your icons. HOpe you like.

Oh Crap..I still have to make SD icons for the redos..

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Aenima133 For This Useful Post:

unoimkll (07-08-2011)