Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-15-2011, 03:18 PM #1361Donation
Donation number : 8J227168CA178971R
Spend : 3$50
My email : [email protected]
Thanks you for great theme
09-15-2011, 03:31 PM #1362
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM #1363
09-15-2011, 03:44 PM #1364
Sucks to be SirTim right now. I wanna know why the link isn't posted anywhere online yet? It takes all of two seconds to set up paypal to respond with a link. On the other hand it's only 3.50 and I'm sure that theme will be downloadable every soon enough. No biggie
09-15-2011, 04:23 PM #1365
I miss my link too :-(
Order No.: 8WB109597D381333F
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM #1366
Donation number 10V82849J6336723H, waitin' for link!
09-15-2011, 05:03 PM #1367Not received the beta version
I paid on Tuesday, and still haven't received the beta. Anyone else in the same boat?
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM #1368
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM #1369
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM #1370
There are many people who think that this theme is a FAKE, and this something we really don't want to think. But there have been some facts that have pointed to that this is a fake. Whether this is a fake or not SirTimothy1 certainly has made us think that this actually is not real. And here are the facts that have been brought up that proves the fact that it might be fake:
- SirTimothy1 has said that he will send us an email AFTER he has gotten the payment.. why? Everybody knows that when you
sell and music album, indie game or an iphone theme via Paypal you can automate a premade message with a link to the buyer, so they customer can download the file directly after the payment. Why hasn't SirTimothy1 done this? because the theme does not exist?
- SirTimothy1 has not given us any iOS or iPhone version requirements in the description. This theme is probably only designed for the retrina display, that is the iPhone 4. and will probably only work on a 4.x.x version of iOS. And SirTimothy1 has NOT given us any heads up on this, so many people are paying for a theme that will not work on thereiphones. Maybe it will work on all versions, but why not mention this in the description? Maybe because the theme does not eist?
- This is a beta version. And a beta is something a developer releases so the users can test the product or in this case a theme for bugs and report them. But SirTimothy1 has not mentioned this. Or given us any email to report bugs. Why not?
- People are talking about why the beta is more expensive the the final version? Normally the beta is cheaper than the final version. But not in this case? One person said that its about trust from the developer. Its sounds more authentic and trustworthy that the developer is making a real product if the deliberately says that we are paying more than we have to. This makes people this its real.
- People are saying that SirTimothy1 cant send us the theme because he doesn't have the time because he just have started college. Some think that this is not a good excuse. Why not wait if he doesn't have the time? Or why not release it before a weekend when we knows that he will have hundreds of mail waiting for him? Why did not SirTimothy1 just add a link to the message that we receives when paying with paypal, that way he doesn't have to answer any emails! Maybe because the theme does not exist?
- Has he mentioned that you need a jailborken iphone? This might not be clear to all users. Also he has not posted any instructions on how to install it. Is it manual or from a repo? Are the instructions included in the file? you must give us some information before we donate a payment!
These are facts. But it doesn't mean that the theme is fake. But you can say that SirTimothy1 really have made us think twice
The Following User Says Thank You to Swampy80 For This Useful Post:
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM #1371
09-15-2011, 05:45 PM #1372misleading
what are you talking about? this sounds more like advertisement of the Tehme Outlet than detailed solution.
Two things we know:
• this is not the Tehme Outlet, so why we'd need to leave our trusted source to access something so obviously riddled with issues seems off.
• We've already clarified there is no email sent from paypal. You are talking about a completely separate situation.
I smell traffic ploy that went viral.
09-15-2011, 05:47 PM #1373
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. But there's some reliable people on youtube who have this. So though I don't think it's fake, I think there's something fishy going on.
09-15-2011, 06:00 PM #1374
I know I am a new user here. I followed the link from Gizmodo. I, like many others, click the pay now button thinking I would get it after I paid. This was yesterday.
Today, I read a page back that if I went to Cydia, entered netdesigns.com/cydia/repo as a source and went through the Theme Outlet to get this. Yes, I paid a second time. And yes, I did get it through the means I just described.
Oh, I am disputing the original payment since I received no service.
Last edited by FnMag; 09-15-2011 at 06:09 PM.
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM #1375
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM #1376
09-15-2011, 07:14 PM #1377
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM #1378
A series of fortunate and thus unfortunate events!
While it is incredible that SirTimothy has received the response he did for this theme, it is unfortunate he didn't have a better method for dealing with the delivery. As the coverage from Giz, LH, AppAdvice Daily and many other tech sites increases, unfortunately he is becoming more and more behind. Being a college student myself and also a developer I can completely relate to his time issues, but I also know how important it is to deliver product to the client in a timely manner.
YES, he should have had a better system to deal with the link sending. YES, he should have more clearly explained how the releases worked(beta vs final) for pricing. YES, he should have considered the amazing and overwhelming response he would see, but then again, so should we all. If the product is truly as beautiful as the videos and reviews that currently exist show, then we should all be willing to wait a brief moment.
That said, I myself, personally have about 3-5 days I'm willing to wait before action on my part. What I have decided and what I recommend to you all, give the guy time to catch up on the email requests and if he doesn't get to you fast enough, buy it a second time on the Theme Outlet. It NEVER hurts for indie developers to have a little extra cash, and honestly if most of us are rocking jailbroken iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pros and other sweet gadgets, what's another 4-5 bucks? Give the guy a shot and if you really can't stand waiting buy it through the immediately deliverable method, but don't doubt and dog the guy when it remains to be seen if he won't deliver.
Just my two cents.
09-15-2011, 08:15 PM #1379
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksonaudio For This Useful Post:
09-15-2011, 08:49 PM #1380
Last edited by Broomhead; 09-15-2011 at 09:32 PM.