Page 50 of 777 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 15539

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iNitsua Z Twilight 3volution ~ K.Nitsua & Barsoverbeats

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Okay. Here's the problem:

If the theme were to remain at all the default icons being custom-made and the rest of the icons being auto-create (AppStore icons), then there is no problem.

The problem is if one were to make a custom Twitter icon, placing that custom twitter icon into the theme (no matter what theme folder it may be in) subjects it to the complicated mask that I've made for the auto-create icons, making a pretty crappy looking "custom" icon.

So if I were to stop here, and only allow the default icons be custom made and the rest being auto-created, then there is no problem....

HOWEVER.... I wanted to make MORE custom icons, even for the AppStore apps... I also wanted to make an easy template for you guys to use to make your OWN custom icons and bring about some community-based activity... If we goes this route in the current direction we are in, it will not work... doesn't matter whether you are on iOS4 or iOS5... this has not been possible for a very long time (since SummerBoard features became obsolete in iOS4 on 4th gen iDevices).

The ONLY solution to this problem is branching the theme into two SEPARATE themes: Standard and Pro. Standard will be completely pictured based icons. Pro version be SOLELY custom-made icons, meaning that the auto-create feature will not work with the Pro version. However, the pro version will grow as the database for custom-made icons grow.

Now, keep this in mind as well... this will DOUBLE my work; because not only will I have to be making separate graphics and managing separate packages, I will surely double the amount of support due to emails and posts of people who don't understand why the auto-create icons do not work in the PRO version.

So let me bring it to you guys, how should I go about this? Two separate themes? A "PRO" add-on? If there is a "PRO" add-on, should it be a paid add-on?... Be honest with me guys, and put yourself in my shoes... in the shoes of a guy who is completely EXHAUSTED at the moment, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    hit it on the nail =) ios5 doesnt use shadow
    The color modding technique in this theme doesn't affect the "snag"... it works completely on both iOS4 and iOS5 flawlessly.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 06-23-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-24-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Two separate themes sound good imo .

2 separate themes! This theme WILL be a hit anyhow.

Could of sworn themes Like Oasis have custom Twitter,Facebook Icons Ask June (JunesiPhone) or Brian (FlybriTn ) I tried to do it but ran into same problem so have no idea.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-24-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Okay. Here's the problem:

If the theme were to remain at all the default icons being custom-made and the rest of the icons being auto-create (AppStore icons), then there is no problem.

The problem is if one were to make a custom Twitter icon, placing that custom twitter icon into the theme (no matter what theme folder it may be in) subjects it to the complicated mask that I've made for the auto-create icons, making a pretty crappy looking "custom" icon.

So if I were to stop here, and only allow the default icons be custom made and the rest being auto-created, then there is no problem....

HOWEVER.... I wanted to make MORE custom icons, even for the AppStore apps... I also wanted to make an easy template for you guys to use to make your OWN custom icons and bring about some community-based activity... If we goes this route in the current direction we are in, it will not work... doesn't matter whether you are on iOS4 or iOS5... this has not been possible for a very long time (since SummerBoard features became obsolete in iOS4 on 4th gen iDevices).

The ONLY solution to this problem is branching the theme into two SEPARATE themes: Standard and Pro. Standard will be completely pictured based icons. Pro version be SOLELY custom-made icons, meaning that the auto-create feature will not work with the Pro version. However, the pro version will grow as the database for custom-made icons grow.

Now, keep this in mind as well... this will DOUBLE my work; because not only will I have to be making separate graphics and managing separate packages, I will surely double the amount of support due to emails and posts of people who don't understand why the auto-create icons do not work in the PRO version.

So let me bring it to you guys, how should I go about this? Two separate themes? A "PRO" add-on? If there is a "PRO" add-on, should it be a paid add-on?... Be honest with me guys, and put yourself in my shoes... in the shoes of a guy who is completely EXHAUSTED at the moment, lol.

The color modding technique in this theme doesn't affect the "snag"... it works completely on both iOS4 and iOS5 flawlessly.
    I say do the main theme as picture icons only. Do an "add-on" for the custom icons that consists of only the icons. "We" the community can add to this to save you some work and you can add the best custom icons added on the thread to the theme.

Should the add on be paid? No

Or have i totally missed the point?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-24-2011), stratnik (06-23-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    I say do the main theme as picture icons only. Do an "add-on" for the custom icons that consists of only the icons. "We" the community can add to this to save you some work and you can add the best custom icons added on the thread to the theme.

Should the add on be paid? No

Or have i totally missed the point?
    I agree with Paul on the paid add on aspect as a no however that may be cause I sent upwards on the $3.49 which honestly I think quite a few on here have. At least I hope they did provided it was feasible for them.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011), DrAgNbOi (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-24-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

so when is the beta 2 nite or 2 morrow,thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T76 For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011)

And also Darkness is around here so he is good for about a 100 icons a day....Ivan could theme the whole AppStore library alone :P

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011), DA_GHOST (06-23-2011), DrAgNbOi (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), stratnik (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I agree with Paul on the paid add on aspect as a no however that may be cause I sent upwards on the $3.49 which honestly I think quite a few on here have. At least I hope they did provided it was feasible for them.
    Yeah i paid 5x that.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    And also Darkness is around here so he is good for about a 100 icons a day....Ivan could theme the whole AppStore library alone :P
    i agree hahaha

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DA_GHOST For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

agree with Paul and Durben....

....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    Yeah i paid 5x that.....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DefJammable For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011)

So the issue is you cant make custom icons for some App Store icons and use auto create for the rest? Hmm. I think E is for Ezra uses custom app store icons along with auto create. At least the facebook icon is customized. Maybe ask for help from the creators of that theme?

If not, I'd do the standard free theme with just a few things in it, like auto create and maybe 1 or 2 skinned apps, lockscreen being the themes wallpaper and the default slider. Then the pro version with custom icons, the rest of the apps that you want to skin skinned, a keyboard, lockscreen with customized slider and sbsettings themed. Only problem is the custom icons would create a ton of work with having to constantly update the package with sets of icons once you've created them.

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,069 Posts

how about this as a resolve...the beta tester can get the 2nd package for free but when its live on cydia they pay...jsut like you did with the grid series?

This helps the fact most of us beta testers pay above the price because we appreciate your work and the cydia guys who just pay the price stipulated can pay again for the addon

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jokerg7 For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), Darka5sa5sin (06-23-2011), DevouredDreams (06-23-2011), DrAgNbOi (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), jayeshb (06-23-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Agree with gaBzii

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raaj FX For This Useful Post:

bombmom (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), jokerg7 (06-23-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by gaBzii View Post
    how about this as a resolve...the beta tester can get the 2nd package for free but when its live on cydia they pay...jsut like you did with the grid series?

This helps the fact most of us beta testers pay above the price because we appreciate your work and the cydia guys who just pay the price stipulated can pay again for the addon
    +1

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DefJammable For This Useful Post:

jokerg7 (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DicHertz1 View Post
    Agree with gaBzii
    +1

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

jokerg7 (06-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by gaBzii View Post

Bingo, I know a lot of guys chipped in $5, some $10, I threw $20 towards ya because I know you're working your @ss off and everything you do is totally worth it.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DicHertz1 View Post
    Agree with gaBzii
    does it 'hert' to say that

sorry been waiting to use that one

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jokerg7 For This Useful Post:

Raaj FX (06-23-2011)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Beta testers will already receive both packages if we go that route, maybe I should have clarified that, lol.

I'm talking about what to do in Cydia.
    #eli7e revived me

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (06-23-2011), It's Mi (06-26-2011), The_Durben (06-23-2011)

Page 50 of 777 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast