Page 201 of 217 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191199200201202203 211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4322

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppleCORE HD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_Phone View Post

I always look for a solution for the badge icon in the doch that are not print (Mail and SMS)
    Nobody can help me ?
    I try other dreamboard theme and it's works. I don't understand what happend.

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    That was something I played around with in the earlier days, but then gave up in favour of having 3 banners in that area instead. I figured if I wanted that small sliding tile option I could just as easily switch to the original app in dreamboard
    could you teach me how to do this? having lists of wallpaper to choose would look a lot more fantastic than the "change wallpaper" button, or is that very complicated to teach?

thanks very much for help~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to btso For This Useful Post:

Hosko817 (06-30-2011)

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by btso View Post
    could you teach me how to do this? having lists of wallpaper to choose would look a lot more fantastic than the "change wallpaper" button, or is that very complicated to teach?

It would be awesome if there were a separate "widgets and mods" thread where people can post/share their creations with instructions. Great way for the master modders/tweakers to show off their skills in one place and also a great learning area for a lot of us less experienced at making larger changes. wall papers and icons are a quick learn for the most part but a lot of the great tweaks leave myself and others lost or with a black screen It is kinda selfish for me to suggest as Its more work for the ones who know how, but it may cut down on a lot of the redundancy in the general theme threads. Just thinking out loud, Ill get off of my soapbox now

ah, you meant the wallpaper selection, not the small tiles on the springboard?

youd have to copy that part of code from the old appleweb theme and replace whats in the current one in the wallpaper section. BUt the idea of the current one, as i understand it, is that the images are loaded dynamically when selected. in the old one they were all there all the time to choose from which means higher memory usage.

Edit+ and im not sure its something thats easy to "teach". i learnt it myself just from looking at the plists, playing around with stuff, getting lots of black screens etc. So im not sure i can "teach". i can look at how i did it and "tell", but just looking at the last few pages where Luc posted instructions for incorporating the lockscreen, a lot of folks have problems. The way to "learn" is to play around with it and then ask for help on specific issues. in my opinion the way to "learn" is not to just copy code. thats not learning, its asking someone to do it for you (which is all good by the way if that person is willing and has the time), but it doesnt put you in a position to be able to do more in future. ie its not learning. i had no idea that lockscreens could be incorporated until Luc showed us how to do it. but know that i know its possible im playing around with stuff and seeing what i can do. all without any experience at all in coding.
    i guess what im saying is i dont know how to "teach" other than say its up to you learn about plists and what the different commands etc are doing. and come back with specific questions. im a "teacher" by profession by the way, and thats what i always tell my students. go away and learn, dont be scared to try stuff (just make sure you backup first), and come to me with specific problems if and when you are sure youve exhausted your own potential first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosko817 View Post
    It would be awesome if there were a separate "widgets and mods" thread where people can post/share their creations with instructions. Great way for the master modders/tweakers to show off their skills in one place and also a great learning area for a lot of us less experienced at making larger changes. wall papers and icons are a quick learn for the most part but a lot of the great tweaks leave myself and others lost or with a black screen It is kinda selfish for me to suggest as Its more work for the ones who know how, but it may cut down on a lot of the redundancy in the general theme threads. Just thinking out loud, Ill get off of my soapbox now
    thats not a soapbox dude, its a good idea.
    Last edited by marko111; 06-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marko111 For This Useful Post:

LuCiFeRkO (06-30-2011)

ah, you meant the wallpaper selection, not the small tiles on the springboard?

youd have to copy that part of code from the old appleweb theme and replace whats in the current one in the wallpaper section. BUt the idea of the current one, as i understand it......
    Thanks so much, that's really true, i'm new to coding too and i now understand part of the meaning of codes in plist. Learning is fun and customizing my own style of applecore HD is interesting.

So, the appleweb stuff will have larger memory usage, I wouldn't mind using more ram to have a more beautiful ram, if that "larger" is meaning 10-20MB more~ too much may really affect normal use, it won't use up more than 20MB right?

by the way, I'm still looking through the threads to search for any idea of letting notification badges to show in the quicklaunch, I've seen that's working in others' posts but I've no idea how to make it. Do you or anyone knows how?

I think notification badges couldn't appear in the dock / banner, but at least in the quicklaunch area would be good, at least I won't missed so much calls and messages =P

Thanks so much, that's really true, i'm new to coding too and i now understand part of the meaning of codes in plist. Learning is fun and customizing my own style of applecore HD is interesting.

So, the appleweb stuff will have larger memory usage, I wouldn't mind using more ram to have a more beautiful ram, if that "larger" is meaning 10-20MB more~ too much may really affect normal use, it won't use up more than 20MB right?

by the way, I'm still looking through the threads to search for any idea of letting notification badges to show in the quicklaunch, I've seen that's working in others' posts but I've no idea how to make it. Do you or anyone knows how?

I think notification badges couldn't appear in the dock / banner, but at least in the quicklaunch area would be good, at least I won't missed so much calls and messages =P
    not sure how much more memory. youd really have to try the old wallpaper section in the new plist and see how it works. i dont know exaclty how to do that, but im sure it would take quite a bit of fiddling around as the 2 plists are set up entirely different.
    i dont think badges work in the submenus, but can on individual apps. ie if you have just the "phone" app in your quicklaunch area rather than the "phones" submenu. theres a tutorial on here somewhere for doing it, it needs you to not only play around with the plist but also, i believe, replace the icon in the original apps folder. the tutorial is somewhere in this thread.

May i please have some banners.
    1. Liveprofile
    2. CrossWalk
    3. BofA
    4. AT&T
    5. Tweetbot

Thanks
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

not sure how much more memory. youd really have to try the old wallpaper section in the new plist and see how it works. i dont know exaclty how to do that, but im sure it would take quite a bit of fiddling around as the 2 plists are set up entirely different.
    i dont think badges work in the submenus, but can on individual apps. ie if you have just the "phone" app in your quicklaunch area rather than the "phones" submenu. theres a tutorial on here somewhere for doing it, it needs you to not only play around with the plist but also, i believe, replace the icon in the original apps folder. the tutorial is somewhere in this thread.
    I've tried many times using the old wallpaper section to replace the new one, but still can't get it worked

under the "wallpaper thumbnail are", I replace all the codes with the old one

then I noticed there's another part called "BGs & FUNCTIONS" which are also related to the wallpaper, so I replace with the old one as well, in the new one, the original code is:

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1.0</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>480</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>320</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>nothing</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>ImageView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>bg</string>
    </dict>

Actually i dunno what this part means, If i delete it and replace with same part of the old one, it will go to safe mode when i touch the weather setting. But if I don't delete it, just copying the old one and place it under this code, the weather setting becomes normal.

However, in either ways, I still can't see anything the wallpaper section, no couples of wallpaper thumbnail, just an empty box. A bit frustrated but still trying to get it worked, do you have any idea what should i do?

I've tried many times using the old wallpaper section to replace the new one, but still can't get it worked

under the "wallpaper thumbnail are", I replace all the codes with the old one

then I noticed there's another part called "BGs & FUNCTIONS" which are also related to the wallpaper, so I replace with the old one as well, in the new one, the original code is:

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1.0</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>480</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>320</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>nothing</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>bg</string>
    </dict>

Actually i dunno what this part means, If i delete it and replace with same part of the old one, it will go to safe mode when i touch the weather setting. But if I don't delete it, just copying the old one and place it under this code, the weather setting becomes normal.

However, in either ways, I still can't see anything the wallpaper section, no couples of wallpaper thumbnail, just an empty box. A bit frustrated but still trying to get it worked, do you have any idea what should i do?
    bro, i just had a quick look at it. its not something i would be happy taking on without having more time to look into it. its not jsut replacing code, i reckon you got delete all the getvar stuff in applecore that pulls a wallpaper when you choose it, as well as deleting the onload command for the wall etc. i had a quick go and copying and pasting some stuff but just got the black screen of death. to be perfectly frank, id stick with core as it is and if you want to see the wallpapers switch back to version 1. using dreamboard

EDIT: ok, here ya go. its not as difficult as i thought.

im assuming you DO have the original v1 of this theme (the original AppleCore HD) AND AppleCore HD V2 right????

if so i can tell you how to do it.

Last edited by marko111; 07-01-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've not used this theme for a while but I've started to again. My problem is that since the update of dreamboard, it no longer has the edit function so I cant sort my apps out into the folders, is there anyway round this?

Ok, heres what you goona have to do if you wanna have the old wallpaper thumbnails from AppleCore HD in V2 instead of the wallpaper selector.

1. Go in to the original AppleCore HD plist and find the section that deals with WallpaperBack and Wallpaper Area. It comes directly after
    <string>QuicklaunchBackDark</string>
    </dict>

and begins with

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>ClipToBounds</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ContentHeight</key>
    <integer>59</integer>
    <key>ContentWidth</key>
    <integer>900</integer>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>59</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>6</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>149</integer>
    <key>HorizontalScrollBars</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Paging</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ScrollingEnabled</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Subviews</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>show Wallpaper1</string>
    <string>hide Wallpaper2</string>
    <string>hide Wallpaper3</string>
    <string>hide Wallpaper4</string>

Copy all of that right down to and including

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>70</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>302</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>5</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>140</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/AppleCORE HD/Images/WallpaperBack.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>WallpaperBack</string>
    </dict>

2. Now go in to AppleCore HD V2 plist and find the same area. its still after
    <string>QuicklaunchBack</string>
    </dict>
    but this time begins with
    <dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>ClipToBounds</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ContentHeight</key>
    <integer>59</integer>
    <key>ContentWidth</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>59</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>6</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>149</integer>
    <key>HorizontalScrollBars</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Paging</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ScrollingEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Subviews</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>setvar get var wall - 1 wall</string>

and goes down to

<key>Image</key>
    <string>nothing</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>WallpaperBack</string>
    </dict>

Delete all of that and paste in what you copied from the first version

NOW

3. Go back to the original file, and down towards the bottom find the area that begins

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>480</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>320</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/AppleCORE HD/Wallpaper/BG.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>Wallpaper1</string>
    </dict>

copy all of this down to

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>0.0</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>480</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>320</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/AppleCORE HD/Wallpaper/BG20.jpg</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>WallpaperXXXX</string>
    </dict>

where XXX is however many walls you had. i think the default was about 13 but id fiddled with mine so it was saying Wallpaper20 or something

4. Go back to your AppleCore V2 plist, and down at the bottom just after
    <string>WeatherSetter</string>
    </dict>
    and before <key> Onload</key> youll find a section that reads

<dict>
    <key>Alpha</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>480</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>320</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>nothing</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>bg</string>
    </dict>
    </array>

Leave this intact, but between the final </dict> and </array> paste in everything that you just copied from the other file. Just make sure that after this original </dict> your new pasted part begins with a <dict> and finishes with a </dict> before the final </array>

5. Still in your V2 file, go back to the top where the functions are and delete the entire section for loading walls
    from
    <key>loadwall</key>
    <array>
    <string>get var wall = 1 ? set image Wallpaper/wall1.jpg bg NO : nothing</string>

down to and including

<string>get var wall = 31 ? set image Wallpaper/wall006.jpg bg NO : nothing</string>
    <string>savevar</string>
    </array>

Again, you may not have 31 options in there as i had added more. just delete what you got down to and including </array>

6. Final step.
    Look in all of the other functions <key>loadBanner</key> <key>loadDate</key> etc

you probly have lines that include "set image Wallpaper/wallXXX.jpg bg NO," without the quotes. i think you will need to delete those (not the entire functions, just the bit in quotes above) otherwise it will try and revert to them when you toggle anything.

Finally, all of the above assumes that you still have the old AppleCore in your dreamboard folder, because its pointing to the original folders for these wallpapers. If you havent got it, and you want to put the wallpaper images directly in to AppleCore HD V2 you can put them wherever you want but you will have to change all of the paths in the above to point to the right folders.

Have fun. And BACKUP first!!!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marko111 For This Useful Post:

AuStynburg (07-02-2011), btso (07-01-2011), gre13 (09-10-2011), LuCiFeRkO (07-01-2011), WhyNotCallMeRo (07-01-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,128 Posts

Good help marko111

Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    I've not used this theme for a while but I've started to again. My problem is that since the update of dreamboard, it no longer has the edit function so I cant sort my apps out into the folders, is there anyway round this?
    Open the dreamboard app., press and hold your finger over the theme you want to edit until the edit option pops up. If you just press the theme like in the older versions it just opens theme.

Does anyone kno why I cant get rid of the icon label on the dock for mail when I turn it into a direct shortcut with a badge?

it's working now! Thank you very much marko111~

i think it uses about 20MB more than the originial for 14 wallpapers, but it looks great, really awesome!

again thank you so much for your help!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to btso For This Useful Post:

marko111 (07-02-2011)

it's working now! Thank you very much marko111~

i think it uses about 20MB more than the originial for 14 wallpapers, but it looks great, really awesome!

again thank you so much for your help!
    no worries bro. glad to help

Thanks

Can't figure out why this wont work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 648 Posts

Can't figure out why this wont work.
    I assume you're talking about the alt keyboard area button? It's an image based KB but is using system generated text for the buttons. He set it up for an add on KB, like emoticons or whatever. Since you aren't using one it looks off because the standard layout is 1 button there. It can be fixed but would need to photoshop that button area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kr0NiK View Post
    I assume you're talking about the alt keyboard area button? It's an image based KB but is using system generated text for the buttons. He set it up for an add on KB, like emoticons or whatever. Since you aren't using one it looks off because the standard layout is 1 button there. It can be fixed but would need to photoshop that button area.
    If I just install emoticons app will it work it self out? Ps using mmi app so I have to say thanks the old fashion way
    Last edited by Hosko817; 07-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 648 Posts

If I just install emoticons app will it work it self out? Ps using mmi app so I have to say thanks the old fashion way
    Yes emoticons or any KB add on that uses a globe will line it up for you. np, hope it works out.

Page 201 of 217 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191199200201202203 211 ... LastLast