Page 43 of 253 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boxor HD

Thanks

Default Call me pretty baby!
    So I have been working on a quick little lockscreen for this theme, because this theme is simple amazing!!!

Here it is

This image is to show where the weather icon will appear...

Now why isnt it centered? because it looks nicer to me off center look below

It still needs alot of work, but this is what I did on my lunch break, which is almost up!

I need to make the text at the bottom look nicer, maybe a little less white and more gray. Change the text-shadow to a darker color, and decrease hot big it is, other small tweaks!!!
    Last edited by mouse0270; 05-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mouse0270 For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (05-09-2011), falcon212 (05-09-2011)

Default A Philosophical post
    First, to make DreamBoard the default theme, I need three things
    1. Access to spotlight or some way to search with the same depth as spotlight
    2. more than three folders/menus. I need some way to use folders, like in ios 4
    3. Voice Activator (Jailbreak tweak) does not work under Dreamboard. So I cannot hold down the home button and then launch programs inside Dreamboard.

Second, why I like Boxor HD
    1. Great division of apps: The apps I use multiple times a day get a large icon. The apps I use weekly or multiple times a month get put in a menu and everything else is stuck in All Apps. This, of course, leads to the "out of sight, out of mind" methodology. Apps that only exist in the center folder are rarely used for two reasons: 1) the menu is slow and clunky; and 2) because it is alphabetical I must remember the name of the app
    2. It is beautiful. This theme makes my iphone look like something very different, which is cool and radical.
    3. It is smooth. Except for the "apps" folder, everything is quick and smooth

So, I think Dreamboard and Boxor HD can take over if it adds search and speeds up the "apps" folder

Thanks for everything

Antidup
    Last edited by antiduplicity; 05-09-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: voice activator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiduplicity View Post
    First, to make DreamBoard the default theme, I need two things

1. Great division of apps: The apps I use multiple times a day get a large icon. The apps I use weekly or multiple times a month get put in a menu and everything else is stuck in All Apps. This, of course, leads to the "out of sight, out of mind" methodology. Apps that only exist in the center folder are rarely used for two reasons: 1) the menu is slow and clunky; and 2) because it is alphabetical I must remember the name of the app
    2. It is beautiful. This theme makes my iphone look like something very different, which is cool and radical.

So, I think Dreamboard and Boxor HD can take over if it adds search and speeds up the "apps" folder

Thanks for everything

Antidup
    1.) I wish dreamboard would support the spotlight search, but sadly it doesnt

2.) I don't see a clever way of making more folders, I guess you could have it so that as your scroll left and right, so do the choices at the top, giving you as many folders as you have pages times 3

Quote Originally Posted by mouse0270 View Post
    So I have been working on a quick little lockscreen for this theme, because this theme is simple amazing!!!

Here it is

This image is to show where the weather icon will appear...

Now why isnt it centered? because it looks nicer to me off center look below

It still needs alot of work, but this is what I did on my lunch break, which is almost up!

I need to make the text at the bottom look nicer, maybe a little less white and more gray. Change the text-shadow to a darker color, and decrease hot big it is, other small tweaks!!!

lol very pretty, but looks a lil too much like Typophone 4
    with none of the boxor signature flavor, still looks sick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace256 View Post

Whats Typophone 4? link please...

I know, I only have a 30 minute lunch break.

I am going to change the way the text shows up.

Even working on a small script so that the weather icon shows up in a random spot every time it changes. that way you wont have the same icon in the same spot every single time. I little randomness can breath life into you.

Look awesome mouse0770 ! hehe finish it and let us see it

Quote Originally Posted by antiduplicity View Post
    First, to make DreamBoard the default theme, I need two things

Thanks for everything

Antidup
    Hi man, just like @mouse0270, spotlight function will pretty much depend on the creator of DreamBoard

regarding the apps folder, the new beta has already tackle this to make it MUCH MUCH smoothe, you just have to update to the latest DreamBoard BETA, make sure you set permission to Cache folde rinside BoxorHD to 777 or Read Write Execute. And when you choosing BoxorHD, tap "Cache Icon" it will process in awhile, but after that, Apps folder has no lag, AT ALL hope it helps

Even working on a small script so that the weather icon shows up in a random spot every time it changes. that way you wont have the same icon in the same spot every single time. I little randomness can breath life into you.
    omg dude, stop creating awesomnes ! haha can't wait till u finish that up, I'm goin to sleep now, I'll try to finish my lockscreen by tmro

Thanks

So the the lockscreen which sounds cooler:

Random - A script generates a random point and places the center of the image at the center of that point, can be anywhere at the top of screen at any time.

By Hour - Basically in the morning it would be on the left side of the screen, mid day it would be center and at night it would be on the right side of the screen?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mouse0270 For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (05-09-2011)

can someone help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berto01 View Post
    can someone help me?
    With?

k, I'm mad.
    What am I doing wrong here?
    Jailbreak iPod with greenpois0n, install dreamboard, copy/paste BoxorHD to DreamBoard folder on iPod, apply BoxorHD, iPod freezes gets stuck in a bootloop, have to do a restore.
    This is the third time. If I can't get help with this, I want my money back, this is getting a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by duval67; 05-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duval67 View Post
    k, I'm mad.
    What am I doing wrong here?
    Jailbreak iPod with greenpois0n, install dreamboard, copy/paste BoxorHD to DreamBoard folder on iPod, apply BoxorHD, iPod freezes, have to do a restore.
    This is the third time. If I can't get help with this, I want my money back, this is getting a bit ridiculous.
    Few questions.

1.) What version of an iPod do you have?
    2.) Does this only happen with the BoXorHD theme or every dreamboard them? Download and install this one and see if it happens as well on this theme Another Dreamboard Theme

Few questions.

1.) What version of an iPod do you have?
    2.) Does this only happen with the BoXorHD theme or every dreamboard them? Download and install this one and see if it happens as well on this theme Another Dreamboard Theme
    It's a second generation, so I assume it may be a RAM problem. Though, the VERY first time I downloaded and installed dreamboard, I got it to run, so I dunno.
    I'll give that theme a try in a minute, currently restoring. Again.

Thanks

Please try the spend theme, if so it's a ram issue. I can strip out sone of the more ram heavy stuff and send you a modified plist file

That'd be great, thankyou.
    Just installing cydia and such again, I'll know how it goes in a few minutes.

http://ihackthatifone.com/wp-content...n8-d2wh6o9.jpg
    btw mouse sry if it sounds like im critizing you, cos im actually speechless by ur additions, i was just noticing similarities

P.S. when i meant sick in my previous post it was a compliment, by i love the idea of the sun movin across the lockscreen
    Last edited by ace256; 05-09-2011 at 03:14 PM.

That theme works just fine, quite smoothly too.

Thanks

http://ihackthatifone.com/wp-content...n8-d2wh6o9.jpg
    btw mouse sry if it sounds like im critizing you, cos im actually speechless by ur additions, i was just noticing similarities

P.S. other then randomness wat abb if the script makes the sun move from left to right as the day progresses? or is tht too much? rather 4 main points of the day
    dawn
    noon
    afternoon
    evening
    I didn't think you were "attacking" me. I am sure I have seen the lockscreen before. I didnt mean to take their idea, and from the screenshot I feel safe that I didn't. I would prefer if people point out that something I am working on looks way to close to something, it allows me to change things up, no one likes a copy.

as for the second part of your post

Random - A script generates a random point and places the center of the image at the center of that point, can be anywhere at the top of screen at any time.

By Hour - Basically in the morning it would be on the left side of the screen, mid day it would be center and at night it would be on the right side of the screen?
    I asked to see if anyone else would like that. So I am assuming your my first vote for Hourly. haha, sorry if that sounded mean, wasnt trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by duval67 View Post
    That theme works just fine, quite smoothly too.
    Please email me your plist.

email: [email protected]

I am at work so I wont get to it for an hour or so. Please be patient.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mouse0270 For This Useful Post:

ace256 (05-09-2011), markito979 (05-09-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cafini8ted's Avatar
    Thanks

Donated - well worth the price - but gave you some more - hope it helps

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cafini8ted For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (05-09-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

How on earth does that look like typophone4? Possibly the same font but that's all resemblance I can see.

Lockscreen looks awesome for a 30 minute job!

by hour way better!

Page 43 of 253 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 53 93 143 ... LastLast