+ Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gyro HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Thank you wnfaknd. Your suggestion worked like a charm. Anyone wanting to change the weather from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Gyro HD 2.2 just follow his advice: Under the City
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you wnfaknd. Your suggestion worked like a charm. Anyone wanting to change the weather from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Gyro HD 2.2 just follow his advice:

Under the City folder, edit the function.js file. You will see a line that reads url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p=";
    Change the f&p to c&p.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default New Animations for Gyro HD 2
    I've started working on some new animations for Gyro HD 2. So far I've added

partly_cloudy : this animation shows a few clouds and a reduced sun that appears in the background (i.e low intensity)
    light_rain : this animation shows a few clouds and some light rain.

I'm slowly going to work through the ones that I've seen mostly here first like Thunderstorm, Heavy Rain etc but if anyone has any suggestions that they want to see let me know. Once I've got the ones I want done which will take about a week I'll post the files here with instructions for what to do to change them over.

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is great!
    How about some night animations? Something that actually shows the moon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looking forward to your weather animations.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default New Animations
    Well for those that want them here's the first changes to the animations. They include new/revised

sun (which has the sun at 100%)
    moon (which has the moon at 100%)
    fair_day (which has the sun at 70%)
    fair_night (which has the moon at 70%)
    light_rain (partial clouds and light rain)
    partly_cloudy_day (partial clouds and sun at 60%)
    partly_cloudy_night (partial clouds and moon at 60%)

The are all in the attached "animations 2.zip file". I've also redone the sun and moon PNG files as I didn't like the ones that came with the pack. You can do your own and replace them if you want to or overwrite them with the original ones that's your choice.

Once you have the folder, unzipped it, and SSHed it to your LAW folder you will need to edit the "functions.js" file.

Simply change the wording in the appropriate spot to one of the above. For example Light Rain is position 11. So counting from 0 I'll go through until i find it. It's currently set to "rain" and I'll change that to "light_rain" (note the underscores). You can do a search for all the Yahoo Condition codes to see what they are and how they relate to whats in functions.js. You can't miss the part to change in functions.js its pretty obvious. Just search for rain and you should find it straight away.

For reference I'm using an iPhone 4S and these are displaying fine on my phone so if you have any problems and you are using an older model then you know why.

ALWAYS remember to backup your files before you begin changing them just in case.

Enjoy!Animations 2.zip

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default New Animations - Take 2
    For some reason I can't seem to upload the screen shots or new animations. So I guess I've either reached my limit or there's something wrong.

mostly_cloudy_day
    mostly_cloudy_night
    thunder
    thunderstorm

are all done so if you want them then drop me a message with an email address. Mostly cloudy day screen shot below as it appears on my phone.

Gyro HD-img_0343.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wnfaknd View Post
    Here you go.
    Attachment 565028

Thanks Barry! that did the trick

Davis,
    Under the City folder, edit the function.js file. You will see a line that reads url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p=";
    Change the f&p to c&p.
    I havent tested this, but I think this is how to do it.
    Hey I just got this theme and my banner icon pics look different. I would like mine to look like that. Could you explain how you got yours to look that way? Thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Barry! it looks awesome! I'll message you with my email address

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Animations Sent
    Hey Wnfaknd, I've sent the files to you. enjoy. Can you see if you can add them to here as well as for some reason I still can't. Oh, and remember to edit your functions.JS file.

Cheers!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Animations & Icon Pack
    For some reason I haven't been able to upload the animations and icon pack I use so I've put them elsewhere on the internet. You can find them under the iPhoneStuff on my blog (bottom right of the screen) which is below. I've also put up a couple of pictures so that you can see the difference between the day and night versions (those that have them). Enjoy!!

www.barrysmyth.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the help.

Just a quick question, how do i set a day and night wallpaper?

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi Arpeggi, I've replied to you message.

Regards
    Barry

My iPhone is a Part of Me idle0095's Avatar
    Thanks

Gyro HD 2 is out but I cant seem to get the day and night wallpaper and my weather isnt animated. How do I fix this? The theme says it comes with how to's but there isnt any.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdsmyth View Post
    Hi Arpeggi, I've replied to you message.

Regards
    Barry
    Thank you very much!

Also, I've created 3 pages of apps but the funny thing is on my third page, the icon on the top left is not functioning when i press it.. the rest of all the other applications are working fine. Any idea what happened there?
    Last edited by arpeggi; 02-23-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had the same issue on the 3rd page, but it is actually working. try pressing more to the right hand side of the icon and you should find the app will launch, at least that worked for me :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post
    Gyro HD 2 is out but I cant seem to get the day and night wallpaper and my weather isnt animated. How do I fix this? The theme says it comes with how to's but there isnt any.
    There is no option for day and night wallpaper. That was removed as it never really worked for anyone i know. For the animations you need to make sure you set your zip code. Just search for weather codes and enter your city to find out what cose to use. If you've done that already and its still not working then replace the animations with my updated versions and that should sort it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same issue on the 3rd page, but it is actually working. try pressing more to the right hand side of the icon and you should find the app will launch, at least that worked for me :-)
    Yea, its harder to press for that particular icon than the rest. I've had a 4th page and everything works seamlessly..

Thanks once again.

Well for those that want them here's the first changes to the animations. They include new/revised

sun (which has the sun at 100%)
    moon (which has the moon at 100%)
    fair_day (which has the sun at 70%)
    fair_night (which has the moon at 70%)
    light_rain (partial clouds and light rain)
    partly_cloudy_day (partial clouds and sun at 60%)
    partly_cloudy_night (partial clouds and moon at 60%)

The are all in the attached "animations 2.zip file". I've also redone the sun and moon PNG files as I didn't like the ones that came with the pack. You can do your own and replace them if you want to or overwrite them with the original ones that's your choice.

Once you have the folder, unzipped it, and SSHed it to your LAW folder you will need to edit the "functions.js" file.

Simply change the wording in the appropriate spot to one of the above. For example Light Rain is position 11. So counting from 0 I'll go through until i find it. It's currently set to "rain" and I'll change that to "light_rain" (note the underscores). You can do a search for all the Yahoo Condition codes to see what they are and how they relate to whats in functions.js. You can't miss the part to change in functions.js its pretty obvious. Just search for rain and you should find it straight away.

For reference I'm using an iPhone 4S and these are displaying fine on my phone so if you have any problems and you are using an older model then you know why.

ALWAYS remember to backup your files before you begin changing them just in case.

Enjoy!Attachment 566739

Hi,

I don't get what you mean by editing the functions.js

Is this the portion to edit?
    Code:
    function dealWithWeather(obj){

var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","rain","rain","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","rain","rain","snow","snow","rain","snow","rain","rain","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","fog","fog","fog","fog","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","sun","sun","moon","sun","rain","sun","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","snow","snow","snow","cloud","thunderstorm","snow","thunderstorm","blank"];

document.getElementById("animationFrame").src="Animations/"+Conditions[obj.icon]+".html";

localStorage.setItem("cacheanimation", ("Animations/"+Conditions[obj.icon]+".html"));

}
    How do i check light_rain is at what position?
    Last edited by arpeggi; 02-23-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi arpeggi,

Yes, that's the right part of the "functions.js" to edit. Just search on the net for "yahoo condition codes" and you'll get a list. Each one of the yahoo condition codes corresponds to one in functions.js and the count starts from zero.

Example: Yahoo condition code 0 = Tornodo. This corresponds to the first item in the list which is Thunderstorm for example. Just count your way through them and change the one you want in functions.js to the weather.html file. (e.g. position 11 is light rain, so change that from "rain" which it is currently to "light_rain".

Hope that helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could the GYRO HD users out there please post their icon folders on the forum.

I have some pretty good icons for my GYRO HD theme but I've added some more pages and need some more icons. It's always nice when you can just change hte icon for an app and give it a different look.

In my icon folder I have icons for Gyro HD (white) and original. But I prefer Gyro HD (white). I also don't have many icons with the shadow added to them bc I don't prefer the fake looking photoshop shadow that some icons have added to them.

I'm looking for icons (preferably for gyro (white)) for the following applications:

MLB At Bat
    University of Georgia Sports
    Tiger Woods Golf
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Bank of America
    Key Ring (if you haven't heard of it, check it out. It's an awesome app that lets you put all your barcode scanners in your phone so you can take them off your keyring).
    Pandora
    ShopSavvy
    Mortal Kombat
    Weather +
    AroundMe

So please post your icon folders on here and if you know how to make these icons and are good at it, please help me out with the ones above.

thanks alot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi arpeggi,

Yes, that's the right part of the "functions.js" to edit. Just search on the net for "yahoo condition codes" and you'll get a list. Each one of the yahoo condition codes corresponds to one in functions.js and the count starts from zero.

Example: Yahoo condition code 0 = Tornodo. This corresponds to the first item in the list which is Thunderstorm for example. Just count your way through them and change the one you want in functions.js to the weather.html file. (e.g. position 11 is light rain, so change that from "rain" which it is currently to "light_rain".

Hope that helps!
    Hi,

I understood most of what you said until the "Just count your way through them and change the one you want in functions.js to the weather.html file." And how is position 11 light rain? The yahoo codes isn't showing light rain to be in position 11.

I do not have any weather.html file too. Am i being noob here? Pardon for my ignorance.