Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gyro HD

Bdsmyth, thanks for your info.
    I was about to start working on the plist when i realized that a new version of Gyro HD 2 is out, which will surely add to the confusion of versions.
    So Gyro HD 2 v2.0 came out last night.
    It addresses the weather problems everyone seems to be having as well as badges.

XGueroX, assuming that you purchased HD 2, a new version just came out that fixes the badges problem. Its free on cydia.

Yeah i downloaded v2.0 last night and i'm working through it now. Lots of changes as you've mentioned.

i downloaded it too and it broke my weather. Im thinking maybe it was because the theme was selected when i downloaded it so im redownloading it to see if that fixes it..

Still not working bleh
    Last edited by dudemaaan; 02-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Default Gyro HD 2 V2.0 - Problems
    Well I've been playing around with the latest version of Gyro HD 2 and while on the surface it looks good I've a few problems that I'm not sure if anyone else has.

1) the icon mask/shadow is not being applied
    2) when you setup your icons under Apps/Settings/Games it doesn't seem to save them. They're there as long as you are in breadboard but once you exit and go back in they have disappeared. I also note that no "current.plist" file is not getting created.

Anyone have the same problem or is it just me?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by dudemaaan View Post
    i downloaded it too and it broke my weather. Im thinking maybe it was because the theme was selected when i downloaded it so im redownloading it to see if that fixes it..

Still not working bleh
    Completely uninstall all parts of the previous Gyro. Go straight into the Dreamboard directory and delete the Gyro 2 HD folder. Then go back to cydia and install.

Ok, managed to reset everything and its working fine again. Back to 7 screens with all my icons etc. That said for the fun of it I set the location to somewhere in Egypt to see what "sunny" looks like, have to say it looked like "fog" so I still think this weather isn't setup right either. If anyone has any thoughts on that let me know. I remember there was something about it before in terms of what the placement for each of the weather settings was in the weather file, I'll have to go back and search for it i think.

Anyway, alls good. Everything works so far.

Default Yahoo obj.icon return codes
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the return codes for yahoos obj.icon that is used to set the weather animation. They are different depending on what country you are in so I need to edit the "function.js" file so that they are correct for my country. For example if I lived in egypt (which I've used for testing) I can have Sandstorms etc. So I'm pretty certain that they animation issues people have had in the past are not because its not working (it is) its that yahoos obj.icon is returning a code that may be translated to "cloudy" for example. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that right, but basically each country seems to have a unique set of codes that yahoo weather returns. You need to know what those are and then map them to the correct animation for you country.

Ok, back to the plot. Does anyone know what where I can get them?

The only thing that I'm missing is the hi/low temperature and humidity. The new version doesnt seem to be using the UniAW.css anymore so not sure how to make it happen now.

Thanks! deleting everything fixed it. My Facebook widget dOesnt work though. Just shows a black screen, the twitter one works. I looked at the Facebook widget files in ifile and they look correct so idk. I like the badges in this version, much better.

Fixed my Facebook I had to change the link, I used google, respring then changed it back respring.

Also I found the style sheet for the weather. It's under the folder city and the CSS file is style.css. I haven't played with it yet but pretty sure it's the correct one.

I anyone else having trouble with the new version. The theme loads fine bu when i try to respring with sbsettings it freezes. and not just while in the theme, when I am in other themes also. as soon as i delete it the respring function works fine.

XGX, no i havent had that problem.

Dudemaan, thanks for the info. i added Hi/Low and the date to the screen.
    I'd like to add the time as well, but I think the code might be missing on the function.js? despite it being on the css.
    If i could add the time, I think i would get rid of the top info bar and have more room for icons and what not....
    Maybe also add the battery somehow...

dudemaan, im having the same problem with facebook. just a blank screen. the only thing i messed around was with the css file for the weather in the city folder. Twitter works, but FB does not.

Hmmm, never mind. FB is back again... weird
    Last edited by wnfaknd; 02-07-2012 at 11:52 PM.

@wnfaknd

What was the tip for the weather High/Low for version 2?

I've tried everything, editing the CSS file, playing with the JS script that pulls down the yahoo weather etc. I got it working that way but for some reason it wasn't refreshing so I guess what I did broke the cache function so I'm back to square one.

Regards
    Barry

on the city folder, edit the CSS. As you can see in there, all of the info is already there, clock, temp, city, desc, amp, etc. Its just that the author placed everything except city and temp off the screen.
    What I did is copied the same code from City to the other parts and adjust the pixel settings.
    For example, this is what I have for city, date and desc:
    #city{
    position:absolute;
    font-size: 18px;
    z-index:1;
    top:140px;
    left:5px;
    }
    #date{
    top:120px;
    }
    #desc{
    font-size: 15px;
    top:142px;
    left:170px;
    }

This is how i placed Hi/Low, though i might change it to be next to the temp.

#high{
    text-align:left;
    font-size: 14px;
    color: #FF0000;
    top:0px;
    left:280px;
    }
    #low{
    color: #0000FF;
    top:13px;
    }

By the way, I've noticed that no matter how sunny it is, the sun never shows up on the animated weather. Just no clouds or little clouds. Rain and other stuff seems to be working fine. Its just the sun that never shows up.
    Other Dreamboard themes work just fine such as Endroid.

I also never see the moon at night...
    Last edited by wnfaknd; 02-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.

GYRO HD 2 MASTERBOHLI MOD NOW IN CYDIA!!!! (8 Pages instead of 2)
    add my REPO: cydia.myrepospace.com/MasterBohli/
    & download it!!!
    All my Packages, Tweaks & Themes are tested on 5.0.1 (iPhone 3gs - 4s)
    -img_0067.png
    Requires:
    Dreamboard & Tweak "no status" ( hides the status bar on homescreen / cydia free insanelyi repo)
    (recommended tweak install: speed intensifier (cydia free insanelyi repo)
    Set the weather via ifile in var/mobile/library/DreamBoard/Gyro HD2/Widgets/Weather

In this awesome mod by masterb you have 8 pages:
    1 fotos, camera, snapseed
    Clock, whatsapp, safari
    2 facebook, twitter, protube
    Mail, settings, line
    3 cydia, dreamboard, appstore
    **********, ifile, winterboard
    4 remote, mix.dj, itunes
    Beatmaker2, youtube, calender
    5 soul calibur, infinity blade 2, modern combat3
    Pvz, temple run, doodle
    6 angry birds, bejeweled 2, pang
    Puss in boots, gamecenter, cut the rope
    7 sbb, search.ch, calculator
    Maps, weather, shazam
    8 imovie, notes, slowmotion
    Numbers, keynotes, pages

(... over 100 icons more in this package... Change and rearange by yourself with ifile - go to Dreamboard/GyroHD2/Images/Apps
    all icon notification badges working
    Tutorials (read all 13 Pages):
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...1-gyro-hd.html

The older version Gyro HD does show the animation of the sun and what not, but the code is so different than HD2 that im not sure how to merge it

I had changed the weather from Fahrenheit to Celcius using Gyro HD 2 by editing the .plist file, but can't figure out how to do it for Gyro HD 2.2 . Any ideas how to change this?

Quote Originally Posted by wnfaknd View Post
    on the city folder, edit the CSS. As you can see in there, all of the info is already there, clock, temp, city, desc, amp, etc. Its just that the author placed everything except city and temp off the screen.
    What I did is copied the same code from City to the other parts and adjust the pixel settings.
    For example, this is what I have for city, date and desc:
    #city{
    top:140px;
    }
    #date{
    top:120px;
    }
    #desc{
    font-size: 15px;
    top:142px;
    left:170px;
    }

This is how i placed Hi/Low, though i might change it to be next to the temp.

#high{
    color: #FF0000;
    top:0px;
    }
    #low{
    color: #0000FF;
    top:13px;
    }

By the way, I've noticed that no matter how sunny it is, the sun never shows up on the animated weather. Just no clouds or little clouds. Rain and other stuff seems to be working fine. Its just the sun that never shows up.
    Other Dreamboard themes work just fine such as Endroid.

I also never see the moon at night...
    Could u upload your style.css and post a screen shot? I have so many projects I don't have time to tweak individual files all the time.

@wnfaknd

Interestingly the change to the CSS file doesn't work for me at all. I've tried that before and thought I was missing something but not the case so I've no idea what. I guess I'm just going to have to play around with it a little more.

I did get the sun to show on a clear day. If you look to the animations folder your notice there's no sun.html. Just copy one of the others say fog.html, rename it and edit it so that the HTML points to the sun animation directory, the correct CSS and PNG files. That said, when you get to see it on the screen it just sits there not doing much so I'm not sure if the animation css file is actually correct, but at least you see the sun.

Here you go.
    -img_2019.png

Quote Originally Posted by bdsmyth View Post
    @wnfaknd

Interestingly the change to the CSS file doesn't work for me at all. I've tried that before and thought I was missing something but not the case so I've no idea what. I guess I'm just going to have to play around with it a little more.

I did get the sun to show on a clear day. If you look to the animations folder your notice there's no sun.html. Just copy one of the others say fog.html, rename it and edit it so that the HTML points to the sun animation directory, the correct CSS and PNG files. That said, when you get to see it on the screen it just sits there not doing much so I'm not sure if the animation css file is actually correct, but at least you see the sun.

Thanks Barry! that did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by DavisGnarr View Post
    I had changed the weather from Fahrenheit to Celcius using Gyro HD 2 by editing the .plist file, but can't figure out how to do it for Gyro HD 2.2 . Any ideas how to change this?
    Davis,
    Under the City folder, edit the function.js file. You will see a line that reads url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p=";
    Change the f&p to c&p.
    I havent tested this, but I think this is how to do it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wnfaknd; 02-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wnfaknd For This Useful Post:

DavisGnarr (02-08-2012)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast