+ Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gyro HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by dudemaaan I have gyro hd and gyro hd 2. The second one does seem a little more finished. Did you get badges to work on the large
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemaaan View Post
    I have gyro hd and gyro hd 2. The second one does seem a little more finished. Did you get badges to work on the large scrolling icons? Such as email, app store and cydia? I only got it to work with the stationary icons. (phone, bitesms and the small icons in the app categories)

On a side note I found that the weather widget supports hi, low and humidity. The CSS style sheet uniaw.css needs to be edited and positioned so that it shows up. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it.
    To be honest I've never been a fan of badges so have looked into them that much on this theme. Most times I have them disabled anyway. Kudos on the style sheet as well, I'll have to look into that too. Any chance you could attached your one on here to save me some time :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

UniAW.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by bdsmyth View Post
    To be honest I've never been a fan of badges so have looked into them that much on this theme. Most times I have them disabled anyway. Kudos on the style sheet as well, I'll have to look into that too. Any chance you could attached your one on here to save me some time :-)
    Here is a screen shot of the widget with my css file. Also attached is my modified file. Text is a little bigger and hi and low are colored red and blue. If you open the file in a text editor (i like notepad++) you can see how easy it is to adjust the colors font and position to whatever you like.

Care to share how to add additional pages? I probably only want one added page otherwise it will get too confusing. I know in the endroid theme you just increase a couple numbers in the P list by 320 to add additional pages. I imagine it's probably similar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gyro HD-img_0202.png  
    Last edited by dudemaaan; 01-31-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yes, and thanks. I'll pull together how to add a page part and send it too you when i get home later

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Attachment 563538

Here is a screen shot of the widget with my css file. Also attached is my modified file. Text is a little bigger and hi and low are colored red and blue. If you open the file in a text editor (i like notepad++) you can see how easy it is to adjust the colors font and position to whatever you like.

Care to share how to add additional pages? I probably only want one added page otherwise it will get too confusing. I know in the endroid theme you just increase a couple numbers in the P list by 320 to add additional pages. I imagine it's probably similar.
    OK, I'm attaching my one plist file. In there I've added comments at key points with hopefully a good enough explanation for you to work with, if you have any questions let me know. There are 6 key comments labelled PART1 to PART6 so you can search for those and find the same points in your own plist file where you'll need to make the changes. You can compare this file to the screen shots I posted previously as a reference point if you need to. And before you start make a copy of your own plist file just in case.

Gyro HD 2 EXAMPLE.plist.zip

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Weather Widget (CSS File Update)
    Thanks dudemaaan for the pointers, it was enough to get me going and sort out the CSS file for the weather widget to get everything displayed the way I want it. I'm posting that CSS here in case you want to grab it. For what you don't want to display just enter the line "display: none;" without the quotes as the last line for the section you don't want. So if you don't want humidity for example just add this line immediately below the "text shadow" line in the humidity section. Copy the CSS file into the WEATHER and WEATHER1 directories.

There's a screen shot here so you can see what it looks like for reference.

UniAW.css.zip

Gyro HD-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default plist file?
    Attachment 563538

Hey Dudemaaaan, would you mind sharing your gyro hd.plist file with us?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Attachment 563538

Dudemaan, i used your css file but I still dont get the temperature, name, hi or low. I get nothing. Just the sun or clouds.
    Is there anything else I need to do other than change the css?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks dudemaaan for the pointers, it was enough to get me going and sort out the CSS file for the weather widget to get everything displayed the way I want it. I'm posting that CSS here in case you want to grab it. For what you don't want to display just enter the line "display: none;" without the quotes as the last line for the section you don't want. So if you don't want humidity for example just add this line immediately below the "text shadow" line in the humidity section. Copy the CSS file into the WEATHER and WEATHER1 directories.

There's a screen shot here so you can see what it looks like for reference.

Attachment 563620

Attachment 563621
    bdsmyth,
    I copied your plist and css. I was able to get the third page of icons and badges seem to work on the lower, not movable icons, such as phone, messages, ipod... However the badge is just a plain number. Am i missing icons for the badge numbers somewhere?
    Also the weather widget still only shows the clouds or sun. It does not show the city, temperature, humidity... no text at all.
    What could i be doing wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Confusion with versions
    I think some of the confusion with this them is due to its versioning.
    Make sure you know what you are buying and make sure you know if you are getting answers that relate to one or the other version.
    There are two major releases it seems.
    Gyro HD (version 2)
    Gyro HD 2 (version 1)
    Last edited by wnfaknd; 02-02-2012 at 09:30 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you bdsmyth.
    I think i have it all set to how I like it. The only thing missing is badges on the email icon.
    I can't seem to figure that one out...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wnfaknd View Post
    Thank you bdsmyth.
    I think i have it all set to how I like it. The only thing missing is badges on the email icon.
    I can't seem to figure that one out...
    I had that working and then removed it (not a fan of badges) but i'll go back and send you the details on what to do later tonight

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi wnfaknd, this is taken from a post by user "eltoro5" earlier in this forum which is the one I used and it worked fine.

In your plist locate the strings of app you want to badge as shown in example below.

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    </array>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>82</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>105</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>323</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>307</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/Gyro HD/Images/Apps/Mail.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>Button</string>
    </dict>

Now add the following lines (in red) before the previous lines, do the same for all aps you want badged, just change ap command (in blue) and location numbers (explained below)

<dict>
    <key>BundleID</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    <key>Frame</key>
    <string>360,298,0,9000</string>
    <key>LabelStyle</key>
    <dict>
    <key>labelFontSize</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelHeight</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelWidth</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>AppIcon</string>
    </dict>

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    </array>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>82</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>105</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>323</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>307</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/Gyro HD/Images/Apps/Mail.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>Button</string>
    </dict>

As for positioning of badge, this line represents it <string>360,298,0,9000</string> first number 360 is "x" - left & right, second 298 is "y" - up & down. Just change in small increments until you find position you like. You can use any badge image from other themes, just copy "badge.png" & "[email protected]" into Gyro's Images folder

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WTF badges! Got the placement to work but what the hell with the name of the application. Gyro HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1328428697.667097.jpg

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XGueroX View Post
    WTF badges! Got the placement to work but what the hell with the name of the application. Attachment 564301
    Not sure i understand what you mean

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for responding. If you look at my previous screenshot, I managed to get the badge to work for the AppStore. But right under (on top of the weather icon) appeared the words app store. How do I get rid of that?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XGueroX View Post
    Thanks for responding. If you look at my previous screenshot, I managed to get the badge to work for the AppStore. But right under (on top of the weather icon) appeared the words app store. How do I get rid of that?
    ah ok, I see what you mean. I don't have that problem so maybe you can upload you plist file here and I'll take a look at it and see if there's anything different to mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ah ok, I see what you mean. I don't have that problem so maybe you can upload you plist file here and I'll take a look at it and see if there's anything different to mine.
    Here is the section that's kicking my A**. I know that placement is off. I just want to get rid of the app name.

Code:
    <dict>
    	<key>BundleID</key>
    	<string>com.apple.AppStore</string>
    	<key>FrameHeight</key>
    	<integer>1</integer>
    	<key>FrameWidth</key>
    	<integer>1</integer>
    	<key>FrameX</key>
    	<integer>2065</integer>
    	<key>FrameY</key>
    	<integer>30</integer>
    	<key>IconHeight</key>
    	<integer>0</integer>
    	<key>IconWidth</key>
    	<integer>0</integer>
    	<key>Masked</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>ViewType</key>
    	<string>AppIcon</string>
    	<key>id</key>
    	<string>BiteSMS1</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    	<key>Actions</key>
    	<array>
    		<string>launch com.apple.AppStore</string>
    	</array>
    	<key>FrameHeight</key>
    	<integer>82</integer>
    	<key>FrameWidth</key>
    	<integer>105</integer>
    	<key>FrameX</key>
    	<integer>2028</integer>
    	<key>FrameY</key>
    	<integer>23</integer>
    	<key>Image</key>
    	<string>/DreamBoard/Gyro HD 2/Images/Apps/AppStore.png</string>
    	<key>ViewType</key>
    	<string>Button</string>
    </dict>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys, I just had a quick question:

I just recently downloaded the Gyro 2 HD theme from cydia and I love it. But when I go into the app drawer in the sub menus of Apps/Settings/Games not all my applications show up here. How do I add applications to these folders?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In the theme switcher screen press and hold the Gyro preview until a menu pops up. Press the edit button. Once in the theme bring up the app drawer. all of the space should be editable now. once your done press the home buttom and you're done.