+ Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gyro HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
thank you so much im not complaining but where did the numbers go just wondering
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you so much im not complaining but where did the numbers go just wondering

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldesaster View Post
    Great Theme, but without any support from the developer its not easy to get this up and running..

i also can't get the weather widget to work..

my workaround is to display the default endroid weather widget within gyro HD which also looks great...

scan the Gyro HD.plist for "widget" und you will find the entry for the weather (not for weather setting).. replace it with..

<string>/DreamBoard/Endroid/Widgets/HTC/Widget.html</string>

I did this and the default weather widget remains... What could I be doing wrong?

Also, can anyone help with getting the badges to work?

I followed the directions to a T and they never show up.

Also, I am killing myself trying to get these badges to work:

is this not the right formwat?

<dict>
    <key>BundleID</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    <key>Frame</key>
    <string>360,298,0,9000</string>
    <key>LabelStyle</key>
    <dict>
    <key>labelFontSize</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelHeight</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelWidth</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>AppIcon</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    </array>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>82</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>105</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>428</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>307</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/Gyro HD/Images/Apps/Mail.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>Button</string>
    </dict>
    I thought at one point I could see the badge but it was 'behind' the mail picture and only slightly visible out of the top of the image but now I cant see it at all.

I'd REALLY like to get these working if someone can help
    Last edited by jmflu; 12-04-2011 at 04:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Old thread I know, but just wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to make another facebook-like widget for either before all the others or after. I can make it appear like to where I can see it but it stops me from scrolling to it. It just wants to jump back. It basically needs another page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks(:

Nevermind, figured it out!
    Last edited by brtnshrdr; 12-28-2011 at 11:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How to make the left mini facebook works? Im using now the Gyro HD 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brtnshrdr View Post
    Old thread I know, but just wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to make another facebook-like widget for either before all the others or after. I can make it appear like to where I can see it but it stops me from scrolling to it. It just wants to jump back. It basically needs another page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks(:

Nevermind, figured it out!

Can you share how you created a new page?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone know how to open a safari bookmark as an app in gyro HD? trying to get a quick way to launch gizmodo and some other websites....

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badking333 View Post
    i have placed the weather widget correctly but i need help positioning it thanks for all the helpAttachment 555584
    I am dying to know what weather widget that is and where to get it. Please hook me up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone else know where i can find a weather widget with a forecast to plugin. I found the HTC Weather HD lockscreen but I don't know how or what to change to make it work.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Question Facebook Widget
    Does anyone have any code/changes that they could share to get rid of the redundant and useless Facebook widget and add something more useful to that screen like some additional icons etc. If someone could share what needs to be done I'd love to give it a try editing it because the Facebook widget is pretty useless.

Also, i note that there's a lot of weather files in the folder but they are not getting used. Many people have asked the same question but there's been no real answers (other than using the Endroid weather which I don't like because the moon/sun spoil the look and feel of this theme). Has anyone got a solution to get the weather files displaying more than just clouds?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdsmyth View Post
    Does anyone have any code/changes that they could share to get rid of the redundant and useless Facebook widget and add something more useful to that screen like some additional icons etc. If someone could share what needs to be done I'd love to give it a try editing it because the Facebook widget is pretty useless.
    I'm not a code guy but I changed facebook for one this forum. If you go into the widgets folder then Facebook folder then into widget.html and change the address from facebook to whatever site you want. easy and effective.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks, I noticed that after playing around with it but its a good suggestion.

And if anyone has a clean plist file that they could send me that would be great because the one that comes with the theme is an absolute mess. I'm having a hell of time trying to make my way through it because there's things in there that just are not used AT ALL. I mean seriously, I'm starting to regret spending money on this because its such a mess and so difficult to navigate to make changes. It's still a great theme its just a pity the developer didn't clean everything up before they released it to the world. I really don't want to buy any more themes if this is the standard that I can expect.
    Last edited by bdsmyth; 01-29-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Launch Settings
    Does anyone know how to find out what settings to use for applications to launch in the plist. For example "com.apple.MobileAddressBook" will launch the address book, but if I have a different application how do I know what launch settings to use to add it to the plist. Is there a way to find that out via file? Can someone help?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to find out what settings to use for applications to launch in the plist. For example "com.apple.MobileAddressBook" will launch the address book, but if I have a different application how do I know what launch settings to use to add it to the plist. Is there a way to find that out via file? Can someone help?

Thanks!
    Never mind, I found it pretty much staring me in the face. So after a couple of days, pages added, Icons redone and we are good to go. The only thing I'm looking for now is a better weather widget (or a tip for how to use the Endroid one without the sun/moon icons showing up).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really dig this theme. Just wanted to show my personalization.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gyro HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327931420.253166.jpg   Gyro HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327931431.638565.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a question.... how can I make one of the icons on the main screen launch an app drawer. I'm using the gyro hd 2 theme, but to me the code looks pretty much identical to the first gyro hd. The theme is nice but its silly that the app drawer is buried 1 swipe and 3 clicks away.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As for the code below, I found that this puts the badge notifications BEHIND the icons, does anyone know how to bring this to the front? I noticed this when i adjusted the x value. I could see the little red between 2 icons.
    <dict>
    <key>BundleID</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    <key>Frame</key>
    <string>450,305,0,9000</string>
    <key>LabelStyle</key>
    <dict>
    <key>labelFontSize</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelHeight</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelWidth</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelX</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>labelY</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>AppIcon</string>
    </dict>

EDIT:
    I figured it out.....The following code allows you to have the badge on top. Replace the bundle id with what your working on and use X and Y for position.

<dict>
    <key>BundleID</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilephone</string>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>12</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>455</integer>
    <key>IconHeight</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>IconWidth</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Masked</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>AppIcon</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>Phone1</string>
    </dict>
    Last edited by dudemaaan; 01-30-2012 at 07:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SO confused
    This theme is hands down +100 better than anything else out there. Am curious though.... When I load it up, where did all my games go? Where is my access to twitter?

I am a complete nebie so please go easy. Can someone give me a runthrough? I want to remove some of the icons and add my own to apps I use the most but have no idea how to do this. Also, the weather app shows Salt Lake City but I live in Sydney Australia. There seems to be nothing in the weather app itself to change this.

Any help would be much appreciated. =)
    And thanks for not having a go at the newbie LOL

Kirby

P.S. So I gather from reading even more into this that I need to change the codes, ok... HOW? =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I can get some badges to show properly but others is a no go. Plus the badges will still show when you click on the more apps so it's not ideal...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well I've at last figured out how to add my own icons, edit the plist and do everything I wanted to do to get this theme the way I wanted it. It took some time getting there but the effort was worth it. For reference I'm using "Gyro HD 2" it doesn't seem to have any problems with badges that the previous theme had, and the weather seems to be working correctly. At first I thought like everyone I was seeing clouds but we had a thunderstorm here today and the weather updated with lightening and rain which looked great. Here's some screen shots of where I am at the moment but I am going to add another 3 screens later, just working on the icons now. Happy to help anyone walk through the changes I made you can mail me at "bdsmyth AT hotmail DOT com" and I'll do what I can. Thanks for the feedback to those that replied to my own questions!

Attachment 563398Gyro HD-img_0250.pngGyro HD-img_0254.png

You need to install iFile. For your location: start iFile naviate to / there should be a dream board shortcut there. Click on it and go into the Gyro HD directory. Go into Widgets. Go into Weather. Click on locationHere.js and select "Text Viewer". Then click Edit. The first line in this file contains the location in quotes "81174" or something like that. Change that to your location which you can find at Weather Location Codes/IDs save it. Then click on Done. Go back to Widgets and repeat this for the same file in Weather1. Save it. Then respring and you should have the correct location set. Hope that helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyAtwood View Post
    This theme is hands down +100 better than anything else out there. Am curious though.... When I load it up, where did all my games go? Where is my access to twitter?

I am a complete nebie so please go easy. Can someone give me a runthrough? I want to remove some of the icons and add my own to apps I use the most but have no idea how to do this. Also, the weather app shows Salt Lake City but I live in Sydney Australia. There seems to be nothing in the weather app itself to change this.

Any help would be much appreciated. =)
    And thanks for not having a go at the newbie LOL

Kirby

P.S. So I gather from reading even more into this that I need to change the codes, ok... HOW? =(

You need to install iFile. For your location: start iFile naviate to / there should be a dream board shortcut there. Click on it and go into the Gyro HD directory. Go into Widgets. Go into Weather. Click on locationHere.js and select "Text Viewer". Then click Edit. The first line in this file contains the location in quotes "81174" or something like that. Change that to your location which you can find at Weather Location Codes/IDs save it. Then click on Done. Go back to Widgets and repeat this for the same file in Weather1. Save it. Then respring and you should have the correct location set. Hope that helps!!
    Last edited by bdsmyth; 01-31-2012 at 05:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I've at last figured out how to add my own icons, edit the plist and do everything I wanted to do to get this theme the way I wanted it. It took some time getting there but the effort was worth it. For reference I'm using "Gyro HD 2" it doesn't seem to have any problems with badges that the previous theme had, and the weather seems to be working correctly. At first I thought like everyone I was seeing clouds but we had a thunderstorm here today and the weather updated with lightening and rain which looked great. Here's some screen shots of where I am at the moment but I am going to add another 3 screens later, just working on the icons now. Happy to help anyone walk through the changes I made you can mail me at "bdsmyth AT hotmail DOT com" and I'll do what I can. Thanks for the feedback to those that replied to my ow!
    I have gyro hd and gyro hd 2. The second one does seem a little more finished. Did you get badges to work on the large scrolling icons? Such as email, app store and cydia? I only got it to work with the stationary icons. (phone, bitesms and the small icons in the app categories)

On a side note I found that the weather widget supports hi, low and humidity. The CSS style sheet uniaw.css needs to be edited and positioned so that it shows up. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it.