Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [DB] Aero

Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    This probably isn't related but just to be sure, do you already have a folder in your dreamboard directory called Aero.
    No.
    'Problems encountered /library/themes/Aero.theme/
    Dock02x.png'

Hmm... what happens when you delete the Aero.theme folder, respring and retry?

There is no folder to delete, no folders are created... just left with the deb file, and error message 256.

So the permissions setting is not saving for me. It gives me an error message saying, "File attributes could not be changed or only partially". Why is it saying that?

iMary

Quote Originally Posted by amitaf View Post
    There is no folder to delete, no folders are created... just left with the deb file, and error message 256.
    that dpkg error means you already have it installed and ready. Uninstall the theme through cydia, then try again.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseDegenerate For This Useful Post:

amitaf (04-30-2011)

There is no Aero theme in cydia to uninstall

That's what I thought Jesse. I think I hit a 256 error once when I the same Directory already created. Most likely from Rain too!

Back in subject, did you try what Scar said?

finally if you are sure you don't have AERO in these areas:
    1) DB directory
    2) WB directory
    3) Cydia
    then pm Scar and see if he can send you the files without Deb install.

More work for both him and you but if the above has been checked then I dunno what else to suggest.

Pii

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pii For This Useful Post:

amitaf (04-30-2011)

Thanks for all your help. I just sent a PM as you suggested.
    I have had no problems installing deb files before this one. Really frustrating not knowing the exact problem... And not having the theme.
    Last edited by amitaf; 04-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.

This is very frustrating. =(

I cant edit anything on the theme. I place my files and save and they dont. I SSHed the db file, hit installer and I am getting an error message telling me i need "superuser privilages" to download it and it doesnt download. Anyone know why?

iMary

Quote Originally Posted by maryBABY2626 View Post

I cant edit anything on the theme. I place my files and save and they dont. I SSHed the db file, hit installer and I am getting an error message telling me i need "superuser privilages" to download it and it doesnt download. Anyone know why?
    are you installing through the command line? try a sudo?
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

What do you mean? =/

iMary

Thanks for all your help. I just sent a PM as you suggested.
    I have had no problems installing deb files before this one. Really frustrating not knowing the exact problem... And not having the theme.
    No problem fella. I can imagine how it feels trying a ton of stuff and still not being able to resolve the issue.

Scar is a top bloke and I have seen him go out of his way to help people. He will help.

He may ask you try more things but thats going to be for the the good of deb installations going forward. Technically there should be a reason why you get the error and it baffles people why it won't work.

Don't worry he will ensure you are looked after once he gets himself online. Just be conscious that people aren't always available 24/7.

Hold out for a but longer: AERO is indeed lovely!

Pii

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pii For This Useful Post:

amitaf (04-30-2011), scarflaire (04-30-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Laurabourgeois's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys , if there is someone post all his mods and icons for this theme ?? I just want to see , YOUR mods and i want finding desktop icons and dock icons . Thanks at all .

Not quite my area of knowledge but maybe uninstall and reisnatll.

Failing that try manually amending permissions to ensure you have privileges. It's usually the same sort of stuff. Match it against the other ones.

Usually it's just doing Read, Write, Execute on the main folder and setting hierarchy on when you do it. Ultimately the plist needs to be R,W,E ( or something like that).

Pii

I tried to make those changes but still nothing. I am removing it and going to reinstall it. Let me see if that works.

iMary

Do that and if it still fails confirm permissions for Ownership and Access Permissions for:
    1) AERO folder
    2) AERO plist
    3) Current plist

I or someone else can match it against ours.

Good luck
    Pii

Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Do that and if it still fails confirm permissions for Ownership and Access Permissions for:
    1) AERO folder
    2) AERO plist
    3) Current plist

I or someone else can match it against ours.

Good luck
    Pii
    Can you or someone post a screen shot on what the setting should be? i thought the ownership was to be set to mobile and mobile... and its not letting me on either of those section you stated.

iMary

What do you mean not letting you? Are you using file? If so then I thought the blue arrow would give you options and there you can chose permissions.

The reason I asked you to state your was so that others can help out in case I was wrong.

Also you need to help us to help you

My AERO folder settings. I don't think I amended anything so this was done by the deb install
    EDIT: Screenshot removed
    Last edited by Pii; 04-30-2011 at 07:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, I'll gonna ask you questions based on the posts you've given me so far.. bear with me while I try to find the problem before I resort to sending the unpackaged files (which will be much MUCH bigger)

No.
    'Problems encountered /library/themes/Aero.theme/
    Dock02x.png'
    Do you have WinterBoard installed? It sounds like a partial install with the DB side and it errors out on WB theme installation.

So the permissions setting is not saving for me. It gives me an error message saying, "File attributes could not be changed or only partially". Why is it saying that?
    What are you trying to do when you get that error message?

Can you or someone post a screen shot on what the setting should be? i thought the ownership was to be set to mobile and mobile... and its not letting me on either of those section you stated.
    Permissions should already be preserved in the deb file.

Note: my internet is acting up right now so replies may be delayed

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast