Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard
09-20-2011, 06:43 PM #1761
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM #1762
@fright Hmmm interesting I did not know there was a pagin/scrolll setting for appgrids (don't recall it in the wiki)
Thanks - will try it out
@freedom That would make it so all the apps display within 1 page right? if I only had a few
Edit: so the paging and scrolling works, though I have yet to figure out how to get it to scroll sideways, instead of locking it.
A couple other questions:
I'm assuming dreamboard doesn't support categories/folders? Is there a page to see what plans are made for Dreamboard in the future? such as support for holding down icons to delete or something like that
Last edited by Raeki; 09-20-2011 at 06:56 PM.
09-20-2011, 07:02 PM #1763
As for the supporting for Categories.Folder.....u mean lik putting a bunch of icons into a folder lik in 4.x.x? That is impossible. And moving icons by holding it down, not yet.
09-20-2011, 07:04 PM #1764
The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:
09-20-2011, 07:09 PM #1765
Oh haha sorry about that, I was basing myself totally off the wiki, which didn't show those features. So I gues I should leave a comment or can I update it?
09-20-2011, 07:11 PM #1766
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM #1767
I set horizontal scrollbars to true but the theme still only scrolls up and down,
09-21-2011, 05:40 AM #1768
09-21-2011, 05:51 AM #1769
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM #1770
U dont need to rotate to scroll left to right. Ill update the wiki with everythong i know on the subject later today
09-21-2011, 08:43 AM #1771
If you want to change the direction a appgrid scrolls put PageGapY and PageGapX into it. If you want it to scroll up and down chande the y if you want it to scroll left and right change the x
09-21-2011, 02:15 PM #1772
09-21-2011, 05:59 PM #1773
PageGap worked best for me. Thanks
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM #1774
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM #1775
Dang I missed a bunch
@Frightdealer try making a new folder and move everything into it
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM #1776
i helped fright dealer he is good now
also just added this to the wiki.. first update in a long time sorry, kinda hoped it would be more of a community effort.
appgrid_scrollview - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting
09-21-2011, 09:08 PM #1777
Last edited by noelbob; 09-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM #1778
09-22-2011, 12:33 AM #1779
Here is a repost (so it includes a full list of the problems and answers I had, to help other sfor reference if needed)
Hello, a while ago I made a theme for iOS3, but didn't work with iOS4 because it really needed per-page wallpapers. After learning that Dreamboard can do that , I've decided to try to pick it up. I'm a 7th grader and have not really had any programming or such experience, so it takes a lot of time (endless trial and error). Bare with me, sorry in advance if these things are real stupid >.<
I'm making progress as I go, but as I'm working with an iPod 2g, well let's just say it makes the trial and error even longer. I'll update questions as I go along, and hopefully the answers will help others in the future. I've bolded the ones I'm still working on, so if you're reading it and can help it'd be greatly appreciated
1. How do I work per-paged wallpapers?
- I made a 3520 width image (320 * 11), put it in a 3520 wide imageview, and put that in a 3520 scroll view with the frame set at 320 (width), so that it would page
2. How does spotlight fit in?
- Dreamboard doesn't support it; it simply does not exist
3. I got the wallpaper to work, but that's all it shows; no apps. Is there a way to keep the original appgrid and dock? Or do I have to specifically create them (appgrids)?
- Everything must be remade; appgrids must all be manually defined
4. How does layering work? In the mainview, if something is listed first is it displayed on the top or the bottom?
- Whatever is listed on top is displayed on top
5. Is there any step-by-step guides for Dreamboard, like "How to do X with the lockscreen"? Seeing as it's a really powerful platform (the best themes I've seen are for Dreamboard) I find it weird that there isn't much information on it. While the wiki is nice, it's definitely confusing and heavy for a student like me.
- The wiki is it for now
6. Dreamboard keeps crashing on launch.
- I had set Dreamboard as a dock item in Sbsettings before I had an appgrid on my theme. It seems that doesn't work; so you'll need to rename/delete the theme each time and respring, and re-set the theme if you don't have an app grid.
7. Is dreamboard/plists case sensitive?
*Note* If you're getting the "black screen of death", I find it helps to use the iFile property list viewer to find problems
8. What are the default dimensions for an appgrid (like in the default "theme")? Like if I wanted my appgrid to look "unchanged" what should the values be (i'm playing around but I think there might be a bug (or I'm doing something wrong)... will keep you guys updated)
9. In my appgrid (ripped off the example here AppGrid - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting ), there's no "hold to delete" or "hold to wiggle/rearange" type thing. Is there a way to take the default app grid outline (how the user had apps arranged pre-themee)? Sorry if these last few questions haven't been clear :/
All appgrids must be manually created
10. Is there a way to change it so that the app grid doesn't scroll vertically, but pages sideways? I would look at a few other themes but Cydia doesn't work on my iPod at the moment >.<
Set PageGapX to 0 and PageGapY to 320
Other keys not included in the wiki are scrolling (<key>ScrollingEnabled</key><true/>), paging, and rotation (<key>Rotate</key><integer>90</integer>).
11. How to I set a function for when an app is opened? "actions are statements that can be executed when pressing a button, scrolling, on theme load, or after opening an app in a appgrid" from Actions_Definition - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting at the top
12. How do I trigger a messagebox? Like when setting the weather widget in Endroid. Does Dreamboard use a certain type of coding that I'm missing out on...?
13. How do I find the bundle identifier for something? Like for the custom apps array, I want the voice memos app but since my 3GS is broken (and I tried googling it) I can't find the bundle name :/
Part of the reason why I state questions that I can/will test myself is to help others who may be learning dreamboard from scratch too.
Again, any help is appreciated. Sorry if things are really trivial :/ I hope it's okay.
09-22-2011, 01:41 AM #1780
The message box or text box is dependant on HTML - you need to code a text field that requires text input. This needs to be in an AdvWebView.
You can find the the bundle identifier by going into edit mode for Endroid and editing an icon - then you can just look at whichever app you have. Otherwise Appinfo is good for apps you have. Or search here for you dont have. CFBundleIdentifer Database