Page 89 of 130 FirstFirst ... 39 798788899091 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2599

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard

@fright Hmmm interesting I did not know there was a pagin/scrolll setting for appgrids (don't recall it in the wiki)

Thanks - will try it out

@freedom That would make it so all the apps display within 1 page right? if I only had a few

Edit: so the paging and scrolling works, though I have yet to figure out how to get it to scroll sideways, instead of locking it.

A couple other questions:

I'm assuming dreamboard doesn't support categories/folders? Is there a page to see what plans are made for Dreamboard in the future? such as support for holding down icons to delete or something like that
    Last edited by Raeki; 09-20-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    @fright Hmmm interesting I did not know there was a pagin/scrolll setting for appgrids (don't recall it in the wiki)

Thanks - will try it out

@freedom That would make it so all the apps display within 1 page right? if I only had a few

Edit: so the paging and scrolling works, though I have yet to figure out how to get it to scroll sideways, instead of locking it.

A couple other questions:

I'm assuming dreamboard doesn't support categories/folders? Is there a page to see what plans are made for Dreamboard in the future? such as support for holding down icons to delete or something like that
    For appgrid there are many features. So, you want it to scroll sideways? Ok, so do you want all your apps to show in that menu? Just put <key>ScrollingEnabled</key> to <true/> and <key>HorizantalScrollBars</key> to <true/>. I think it is that way. idk, ive only had it scroll up and down, not sideways. .

As for the supporting for Categories.Folder.....u mean lik putting a bunch of icons into a folder lik in 4.x.x? That is impossible. And moving icons by holding it down, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    u can only put a array of app bundle id strings
    I quite dont understand your saying....So i cannot put BundleID in App array?

no u can only put bundle id as strings u cant add dict tags and stuff

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (09-21-2011)

Oh haha sorry about that, I was basing myself totally off the wiki, which didn't show those features. So I gues I should leave a comment or can I update it?

post in this thread i will see it sooner. Just write a post of what you would like to see added

I set horizontal scrollbars to true but the theme still only scrolls up and down,

<key>Paging</key><true/>
    <key>ScrollingEnabled</key><true/>
    <key>HorizontalScrollBars</key><true/>

@Raeki Try this, it's what I used to rotate my scrollview.
    Code:
    <key>Rotation</key>  <integer>90</integer>
    Your scrollview should now be scrolling left to right. This might work for an AppGrid as well, although I haven't tried that.

Thanks

no u can only put bundle id as strings u cant add dict tags and stuff
    Dammit....so how would i make it a scrollview?? ......Oh well. Thanks bro!

U dont need to rotate to scroll left to right. Ill update the wiki with everythong i know on the subject later today

If you want to change the direction a appgrid scrolls put PageGapY and PageGapX into it. If you want it to scroll up and down chande the y if you want it to scroll left and right change the x

Thanks

My problem now....the theme doesnt show up on Dreamboard....What could be wrong??

PageGap worked best for me. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    My problem now....the theme doesnt show up on Dreamboard....What could be wrong??
    Make sure the info.plist is right
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang I missed a bunch
    @Frightdealer try making a new folder and move everything into it

i helped fright dealer he is good now

also just added this to the wiki.. first update in a long time sorry, kinda hoped it would be more of a community effort.

appgrid_scrollview - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 09-21-2011 at 09:07 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

i helped fright dealer he is good now
    Cool man I havent seen you on here in a while Ive been doing my best to help everyone out but I dont know everything Im glad you back helping out

oh I didnt realize you wanted the community the edit and add to it Ill help where I can
    Last edited by noelbob; 09-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.

well as far as providing examples and tutorials of stuff they find while workin on themes

Here is a repost (so it includes a full list of the problems and answers I had, to help other sfor reference if needed)

Hello, a while ago I made a theme for iOS3, but didn't work with iOS4 because it really needed per-page wallpapers. After learning that Dreamboard can do that , I've decided to try to pick it up. I'm a 7th grader and have not really had any programming or such experience, so it takes a lot of time (endless trial and error). Bare with me, sorry in advance if these things are real stupid >.<

I'm making progress as I go, but as I'm working with an iPod 2g, well let's just say it makes the trial and error even longer. I'll update questions as I go along, and hopefully the answers will help others in the future. I've bolded the ones I'm still working on, so if you're reading it and can help it'd be greatly appreciated

1. How do I work per-paged wallpapers?
    - I made a 3520 width image (320 * 11), put it in a 3520 wide imageview, and put that in a 3520 scroll view with the frame set at 320 (width), so that it would page

2. How does spotlight fit in?
    - Dreamboard doesn't support it; it simply does not exist

3. I got the wallpaper to work, but that's all it shows; no apps. Is there a way to keep the original appgrid and dock? Or do I have to specifically create them (appgrids)?
    - Everything must be remade; appgrids must all be manually defined

4. How does layering work? In the mainview, if something is listed first is it displayed on the top or the bottom?
    - Whatever is listed on top is displayed on top

5. Is there any step-by-step guides for Dreamboard, like "How to do X with the lockscreen"? Seeing as it's a really powerful platform (the best themes I've seen are for Dreamboard) I find it weird that there isn't much information on it. While the wiki is nice, it's definitely confusing and heavy for a student like me.
    - The wiki is it for now

6. Dreamboard keeps crashing on launch.
    - I had set Dreamboard as a dock item in Sbsettings before I had an appgrid on my theme. It seems that doesn't work; so you'll need to rename/delete the theme each time and respring, and re-set the theme if you don't have an app grid.

7. Is dreamboard/plists case sensitive?
    *Note* If you're getting the "black screen of death", I find it helps to use the iFile property list viewer to find problems
    Yes

8. What are the default dimensions for an appgrid (like in the default "theme")? Like if I wanted my appgrid to look "unchanged" what should the values be (i'm playing around but I think there might be a bug (or I'm doing something wrong)... will keep you guys updated)

9. In my appgrid (ripped off the example here AppGrid - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting ), there's no "hold to delete" or "hold to wiggle/rearange" type thing. Is there a way to take the default app grid outline (how the user had apps arranged pre-themee)? Sorry if these last few questions haven't been clear :/
    All appgrids must be manually created

10. Is there a way to change it so that the app grid doesn't scroll vertically, but pages sideways? I would look at a few other themes but Cydia doesn't work on my iPod at the moment >.<
    Set PageGapX to 0 and PageGapY to 320
    Other keys not included in the wiki are scrolling (<key>ScrollingEnabled</key><true/>), paging, and rotation (<key>Rotate</key><integer>90</integer>).

11. How to I set a function for when an app is opened? "actions are statements that can be executed when pressing a button, scrolling, on theme load, or after opening an app in a appgrid" from Actions_Definition - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting at the top

12. How do I trigger a messagebox? Like when setting the weather widget in Endroid. Does Dreamboard use a certain type of coding that I'm missing out on...?

13. How do I find the bundle identifier for something? Like for the custom apps array, I want the voice memos app but since my 3GS is broken (and I tried googling it) I can't find the bundle name :/

Part of the reason why I state questions that I can/will test myself is to help others who may be learning dreamboard from scratch too.

Again, any help is appreciated. Sorry if things are really trivial :/ I hope it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    Here is a repost (so it includes a full list of the problems and answers I had, to help other sfor reference if needed)

Hello, a while ago I made a theme for iOS3, but didn't work with iOS4 because it really needed per-page wallpapers. After learning that Dreamboard can do that , I've decided to try to pick it up. I'm a 7th grader and have not really had any programming or such experience, so it takes a lot of time (endless trial and error). Bare with me, sorry in advance if these things are real stupid >.<

I'm making progress as I go, but as I'm working with an iPod 2g, well let's just say it makes the trial and error even longer. I'll update questions as I go along, and hopefully the answers will help others in the future. I've bolded the ones I'm still working on, so if you're reading it and can help it'd be greatly appreciated

1. How do I work per-paged wallpapers?
    - I made a 3520 width image (320 * 11), put it in a 3520 wide imageview, and put that in a 3520 scroll view with the frame set at 320 (width), so that it would page

2. How does spotlight fit in?
    - Dreamboard doesn't support it; it simply does not exist

3. I got the wallpaper to work, but that's all it shows; no apps. Is there a way to keep the original appgrid and dock? Or do I have to specifically create them (appgrids)?
    - Everything must be remade; appgrids must all be manually defined

4. How does layering work? In the mainview, if something is listed first is it displayed on the top or the bottom?
    - Whatever is listed on top is displayed on top

5. Is there any step-by-step guides for Dreamboard, like "How to do X with the lockscreen"? Seeing as it's a really powerful platform (the best themes I've seen are for Dreamboard) I find it weird that there isn't much information on it. While the wiki is nice, it's definitely confusing and heavy for a student like me.
    - The wiki is it for now

6. Dreamboard keeps crashing on launch.
    - I had set Dreamboard as a dock item in Sbsettings before I had an appgrid on my theme. It seems that doesn't work; so you'll need to rename/delete the theme each time and respring, and re-set the theme if you don't have an app grid.

7. Is dreamboard/plists case sensitive?
    *Note* If you're getting the "black screen of death", I find it helps to use the iFile property list viewer to find problems
    Yes

8. What are the default dimensions for an appgrid (like in the default "theme")? Like if I wanted my appgrid to look "unchanged" what should the values be (i'm playing around but I think there might be a bug (or I'm doing something wrong)... will keep you guys updated)

9. In my appgrid (ripped off the example here AppGrid - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting ), there's no "hold to delete" or "hold to wiggle/rearange" type thing. Is there a way to take the default app grid outline (how the user had apps arranged pre-themee)? Sorry if these last few questions haven't been clear :/
    All appgrids must be manually created

10. Is there a way to change it so that the app grid doesn't scroll vertically, but pages sideways? I would look at a few other themes but Cydia doesn't work on my iPod at the moment >.<
    Set PageGapX to 0 and PageGapY to 320
    Other keys not included in the wiki are scrolling (<key>ScrollingEnabled</key><true/>), paging, and rotation (<key>Rotate</key><integer>90</integer>).

11. How to I set a function for when an app is opened? "actions are statements that can be executed when pressing a button, scrolling, on theme load, or after opening an app in a appgrid" from Actions_Definition - dreamboard - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting at the top

12. How do I trigger a messagebox? Like when setting the weather widget in Endroid. Does Dreamboard use a certain type of coding that I'm missing out on...?

13. How do I find the bundle identifier for something? Like for the custom apps array, I want the voice memos app but since my 3GS is broken (and I tried googling it) I can't find the bundle name :/

Part of the reason why I state questions that I can/will test myself is to help others who may be learning dreamboard from scratch too.

Again, any help is appreciated. Sorry if things are really trivial :/ I hope it's okay.
    Add an action array on the app\grid - there is no way to make functions for individual apps.

The message box or text box is dependant on HTML - you need to code a text field that requires text input. This needs to be in an AdvWebView.

You can find the the bundle identifier by going into edit mode for Endroid and editing an icon - then you can just look at whichever app you have. Otherwise Appinfo is good for apps you have. Or search here for you dont have. CFBundleIdentifer Database

Page 89 of 130 FirstFirst ... 39 798788899091 99 ... LastLast