Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130
Results 2,581 to 2,599 of 2599

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard

The id AND the very first "key" must also match.

So going off your example, you might want to change the IDs of your smaller wheel and also the "Key" at the top to match. Therefore, changing those 4 things should fix your problem.

By the way, that's a very cool concept! I have a question for you~ a theme that I released also has a rotating wheel. However it spins very awkwardly, sometimes spinning the opposite direction than the finger is dragging. Its basically the only bug in the theme. If you have it working well, would you consider sharing that code so I can patch my theme, with credit to you? The theme in question is iATS Alien by the way.

I imagine you'll have another problem on your hands, though, because those frames are going to overlap each other. I imagine only the top wheel will work, but maybe I'm wrong?

I also came on here to post my current, most brilliant solution to the AppIcon issue I pointed out (heavy sarcasm). Until a real solution is posted, I'm stretching the artwork height of my icons by 2px. Actually looks much better than doing nothing... but definitely not the correct solution.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

I PM'd ya. Thx!

Thanks

OK, I changed it from:

<key>AnimatedBackground</key>
    <dict>
    <key>A-ElseAnimatedWheels</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>680</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>680</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>120</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>-90</integer>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground/MainBackground.html</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>WebView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>AnimatedBackground</string>
    </dict>
    <key>AnimatedBackground2</key>
    <dict>
    <key>A-ElseAnimatedWheels2</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>680</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>680</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>120</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>-90</integer>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground/MainBackground2.html</string>
    <key>UserInteraction</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>WebView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>AnimatedBackground2</string>
    </dict>

To:

<key>AnimatedWWheel</key>
    <dict>
    <key>A-ElseAnimatedWheels</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>-170</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>-52</integer>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackground.html</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>WebView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>AnimatedWWheel</string>
    </dict>
    <key>AnimatedWWheel2</key>
    <dict>
    <string></string>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>300</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>-170</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>-52</integer>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackground2.html</string>
    <key>UserInteraction</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>WebView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>AnimatedWWheel2</string>
    </dict>

And added it to the Plist (kept original code for the Big Wheel).

And now I don't have the large wheel over the app grid but have a small wheel just above it on the right. I hope I'm doing this right. Your PM (Altiod) helped and I hope I interpreted it correctly. Man, I'm such a dummy!

... 30 Minutes later.....

HA! I think I figured it out. You can't have more than 1 Webview per page. So, I think I will turn the "Animated Wheel" into an animated gif and set it as an AppIcon. Whatya think? That way, you can open the weather from the widget and still have the animation. Only thing is the RAM usage. Currently, I have about 220Mb RAM left with ipod playing and chat open.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 01-24-2013 at 04:51 AM. Reason: double post

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-24-2013)

You can definitely have more than one webview per page!

Instead of an animated gif you could have it a non-interactive widget that consists of a rotating png image. Above that set a transparent button that launches the Weather app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-24-2013), gdd2010 (01-24-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

@gdd2010 try making new html files by renaming the two files below for the AnimatedWWheel and AnimatedWWheel2
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackground.html</string>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackground2.html</string>

it could be an issue with the widgets having the same html files

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noelbob For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-25-2013), gdd2010 (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Well, tried that too Bob and still have the one small wheel. Do I perhaps need to change
    <key>A-ElseAnimatedWheels2</key> to something else for the smaller wheels as well? I even set the HTML file for the widget to something else too.
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackgroundB.html</string>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>/$ROOT/Widgets/AnimatedBackground2/MainBackground2B.html</string>

This has promise. Just really bugging me that it isn't working as I have read in the wiki, it should be.

*scrathes head

I found an error in my html file for the large wheels... they were set to 300px by 300 px as well. But now I don't have the small wheel at all.

*Banged head against wall... cleaned up blood and brains

I think I need to add something to this, no?

<key>Onload</key>
    <array>
    <string>function LoadWidgetLabels</string>
    <string>function LoadWidgets</string>
    <string>function CallMainMenu</string>
    <string>function ScrollMainMenu</string>
    </array>
    <key>Variables</key>
    <dict>
    <key>AnimatedBackgroundON</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>AppGridON</key>
    <string>0</string>
    <key>MenuID</key>
    <string>0</string>
    <key>MiniScrollerON</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>WeatherWidgetON</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>WidgetLabelsON</key>
    <string>1</string>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

like: <key>AnimatedWWheelON</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>AnimatedWWheel2ON</key>
    <string>1</string>

hope I dont annoy you guys... hehe.
    Last edited by gdd2010; 01-24-2013 at 11:49 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-25-2013)

1. For those Dynamic Views, each "View" needs to have its own unique "id", AND the first <key> in the View needs to have the same string used in the id.

example:
    <dict>.....</dict>
    <key>.....</key>
    <string>......</string>
    ...etc...
    <key>id</key>
    <string>A-ElseAnimatedWheels2</string>

2. Make sure that if you change the name of anything, that you also change the name where it is referenced! None of the Dynamic Views just appear or load without being called in by a Function

3. Onload sets the initial variables upon entering the theme for the first time only. When you do something that changes a variable, that new variable should be saved when you exit/re-enter the theme (so long as the proper permissions are set for the changes to be saved).

Here's an example of how a variable works:
    <key>Edit</key>
    <array>
    <string>get.vars.Edit = 1 ? startediting : stopediting</string>
    <string>get.vars.Edit = 1 ? views.EditImage.image = /Images/EditButtonStop.png : views.EditImage.image = /Images/EditButton.png</string>
    <string>savevar</string>
    </array>

This is built as a function. However the action that is performed depends on what variable is current set. So somewhere in my MainView I have this:

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>get.vars.Edit = 0 ? vars.Edit = 1 : vars.Edit = 0</string>
    <string>function Edit</string>
    </array> ......etc

and in OnLoad I have this:

<key>Onload</key>
    <array>
    <string>vars.Edit = 0</string>
    </array>

So the initial value for Edit is 0. When the button is touched that changes the variation from 0 to 1 and executes "Edit"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-25-2013)

Thanks

Okay, part 1... I got that, no problem. I think the issue is that there is a selection in the theme to turn the animation on/off -> that works fine for the large wheel where the app grid is.
    I'm thinking I have to create that as well. This theme is insane, and here I am wanting to add features and theme the UI as you did in iSTSAlien (great work, btw!)
    Last edited by gdd2010; 01-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-25-2013)

I'm trying to do something seemingly simple, but I just keep getting errors.

I want to have a button that, whenever pressed, it will rotate a view by 90 degrees.

This is the function assigned to my button which I believe should work... but isn't:

<string>get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation ? gt= 0 : views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation = get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation + 90 : nothing</string>

The error that appears is:
    Invalid Getter, no such value:
    get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation

Anyone know how I can accomplish this? What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: This also doesn't work

<string>views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation = get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation + 90</string>
    Last edited by altoiddealer; 02-23-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Hey guys, I'm trying to make three folders in my theme, but for whatever reason the app icons can't be bigger than 118x118 (or 59x59 for non-retina devices), even though on the main screen I can make them whatever size I want.

Anyone know how to surpass the 118x118 limit inside of folders? And yes, I tried typing random big numbers into the IconWidth and IconHeight area, but it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Heznarrt View Post
    Hey guys, I'm trying to make three folders in my theme, but for whatever reason the app icons can't be bigger than 118x118 (or 59x59 for non-retina devices), even though on the main screen I can make them whatever size I want.

Anyone know how to surpass the 118x118 limit inside of folders? And yes, I tried typing random big numbers into the IconWidth and IconHeight area, but it didn't help.
    What do you mean by inside of folders? I believe all "views" in Dreamboard can support an image that acts as an App launcher.

Set your view as a "Button", specify the image you want to use, and assign the function "launch xxxxxx".

...You are using custom images for these apps, right? The 118x118 icons would look horrible scaled up. I don't know if you can set a larger size than 118x118 without using custom app icons.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-22-2013)

I'm making custom icons, all at 160x160 (the size of my main page icons). I want the same size for my folders. Below this post I have pictures of my main page, and one of the 4 folders, to give a better example.

Main Screen:
    Folder Screen: -img_1579.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1580.png  
    Last edited by Heznarrt; 05-21-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Having trouble getting the Main Screen image to show, have to click on attached thumbnails, sorry.

hi all! thanx for the tutorial first of all! i am new at theming and didnt really see my question in FAQ's so i thought id ask....i have a theme i currently thru winterboard & habe dl'd from themeit...BUT would like to customize it a lil bit more & wondered if its possible to just copy the theme files from ifile to dreamboard?! any help is appreciated & anxious to get this started!

Quote Originally Posted by 69Boots10 View Post
    hi all! thanx for the tutorial first of all! i am new at theming and didnt really see my question in FAQ's so i thought id ask....i have a theme i currently thru winterboard & habe dl'd from themeit...BUT would like to customize it a lil bit more & wondered if its possible to just copy the theme files from ifile to dreamboard?! any help is appreciated & anxious to get this started!
    To start off, you can always move your WinterBoard theme icons to an existing DreamBoard theme with the layout you like.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    I'm trying to do something seemingly simple, but I just keep getting errors.

I want to have a button that, whenever pressed, it will rotate a view by 90 degrees.

This is the function assigned to my button which I believe should work... but isn't:

get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation ? gt= 0 : views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation = get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation + 90 : nothing

The error that appears is:
    Invalid Getter, no such value:
    get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation

Anyone know how I can accomplish this? What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: This also doesn't work

views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation = get.views.ThingIwantRotated.rotation + 90
    Isn't it (rotate) rather than (rotation)? As fr as i'm reading it, the first statement should function properly. Though i've barely used the rotate function

EDIT

Did not notice how old this post was. Lol

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-03-2013)

is it possible to use webclips in dreamboard? or is there a way to make a icon that when clicked on opens a specific url?

Small question with big potential, how would one go about implementing application controls such as getting spotify/music album art, position or sending play/pause/next commands?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemeifyoucan View Post
    is it possible to use webclips in dreamboard? or is there a way to make a icon that when clicked on opens a specific url?
    Yes, using a webview either hidden offscreen or embedded in a dynamic view. Full details here:

https://code.google.com/p/dreamboard/wiki/WebView

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarazil For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-25-2013)

I've been looking at Dreamboard for creating a theme for myself which I may release to public. I have many ideas and I'm unsure as how to approach this in DB. I'm familiar with plist editing however, I've looked at themes/tweaks such as NextGenUI (very well done) and Convergence (a lockscreen tweak). NGUI used to dependant on DB but that is currently not the case. Now, I'm wondering how this is possible? I'm also assuming that Convergence also does not rely on DB.

Are there limitations in creating DB themes (ie. animations)? Would I be able to create something as extensive as NGUI or Convergence with DB? This will be my first time creating a theme. Fortunately, I am experienced in Graphic Design so graphics are definitely not an issue for me.

Thanks, guys.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ExtraFoods For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-04-2014)

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130