+ Reply
Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2599

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by StaticFX ok, another question.... before i get to far into this idea.... can you trigger an animation of some kind to occur before the unlock? meaning, you
    My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    ok, another question....
    before i get to far into this idea....

can you trigger an animation of some kind to occur before the unlock?
    meaning, you tap a button, some animation happens, then it unlocks?
    Well it depends on the animation. A simple animation is deffinetly possible like a simple rotate or slide but I'm not sure if more complex is possible but it could be with an HTML widget of some kind

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just can't figure out how to string navigon to an icon.
    It keeps giving me zero result.

I use <string>com.navigon.NavigonEurope</string> in everyplace it should be, but it won't work.
    And yes, it's a legal version and yes i rebooted after changing the strings in ifile.

Doe anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong here?

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there a more basic example of the plists?

i think i am grasping the ideas behind it, but there are so many parts in the sample (for endroid)
    how about one with just a homescreen and lockscreen? lol

if not, i'll just keep plugging away

EDIT: oops... apparently its really important to at least have a dreamboard button link in your homescreen.
    I just wanted to see if i could get the wallpaper to show, and now i cant change it back!

reinstalling DB works..

why doesnt dreamboard show in the app switcher? and what code do i need to put a simple button on with a dreamboard launcher?
    Last edited by StaticFX; 01-31-2012 at 12:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
    How you did it? You used dynamic views for everything. lol
    Actually I only used dynamic views for a few images and app grids

SERIOUSLY, I think people shouldn't ask dumb questions like how to make a button, we are not here to tech you how to make a theme but how to fix things or do some harder stuff. USE GOOGLE AND OTHER SIMPLE THEMES TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO! SERIOUSLY
    Last edited by Mr. Russian; 01-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Russian For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (01-31-2012)

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post

SERIOUSLY, I think people shouldn't ask dumb questions like how to make a button, we are not here to tech you how to make a theme but how to fix things or do some harder stuff. USE GOOGLE AND OTHER SIMPLE THEMES TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO! SERIOUSLY
    Calm down man. You have to also see it from the side of the beginner. Remember when you first started out? If it wasn't for PhanaticD having that patience, you wouldn't have learned how to do what you do now! ... I know i wouldn't. Phanatic took his time to break things down for me, explain each piece. I owe all my themes to him and even my knowledge on it!

So be a little considerate on the beginners. These people can become amazing themers one day, can't deny them the simple help of learning from scratch right? lol. Not going against you, but i'm viewing this from both sides. I understand you are a themer with much experience, as well as Me, Freedom7, and noelbob. We aren't in the mood for simple and (stupid) questions like what you said, but...we owe it to ourselves and others to help the beginners...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-31-2012), kuanyu (01-31-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    Calm down man. You have to also see it from the side of the beginner. Remember when you first started out? If it wasn't for PhanaticD having that patience, you wouldn't have learned how to do what you do now! ... I know i wouldn't. Phanatic took his time to break things down for me, explain each piece. I owe all my themes to him and even my knowledge on it!

So be a little considerate on the beginners. These people can become amazing themers one day, can't deny them the simple help of learning from scratch right? lol. Not going against you, but i'm viewing this from both sides. I understand you are a themer with much experience, as well as Me, Freedom7, and noelbob. We aren't in the mood for simple and (stupid) questions like what you said, but...we owe it to ourselves and others to help the beginners...
    Exactly we have to see it from the beginner's point of view and be willing to help them.

@Mr.Russian besides I thought you were done with db? Are you working on another theme? That would be so awesome!

@StatixFX Sorry for the delay bro. Your question is that you want to know how to code a button so that it launches Dreamboard? If so just use

launch com.wynd.dreamboard

as the action for your button.
    Last edited by BadJ3d1; 01-31-2012 at 05:08 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
    Exactly we have to see it from the beginner's point of view and be willing to help them.

@Mr.Russian besides I thought you were done with db? Are you working on another theme? That would be so awesome!

@StatixFX Sorry for the delay bro. Your question is that you want to know how to code a button so that it launches Dreamboard? If so just use

launch com.wynd.dreamboard

as the action for your button.
    lol. Always getting my back bro!

@Russ1an - Wait, you are out of DB??? I thought this whole time you were working on a new theme!! .. WTF! ... *bangs head on desk*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    lol. Always getting my back bro!

@Russ1an - Wait, you are out of DB??? I thought this whole time you were working on a new theme!! .. WTF! ... *bangs head on desk*
    No problem dude. I thought he said he was done. Maybe I misunderstood. Lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@ StatixFX check out my iTunes theme and FrightDealers D-con 6 theme they are more basic and easier to understand.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to noelbob For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

@Freedom & Fright - THANK YOU.
    ok.. so at the very least i need a button for the dreamboard app.

the other question is, is there a more simple theme to take a look at? or a few that have like one element to each?
    the endriod theme is a rather complex one to start the breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post

@ Mr. Russian - im glad you werent trying to learn how to theme for blackberry... you would have gotten very little help from anyone with that kind of attitude. I am in no way a beginner to themes - its just been a long time since i have done it for an apple product. Back when i was creating themes for the iPod Touch 2g... i even created an entire app to help ANYONE create themes for winterboard by just pointing to the image and selecting where it goes.
    (found an old screenshot from iFans! lol)

i have made tons of complex themes for blackberry as well... so really, hold your comments about people you dont know.
    Everyone is a beginner at some point.

if you could be so kind as to POINT ME to some simple themes that i could look at.... I didnt see any when using google.
    Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StaticFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PollPixx View Post
    just can't figure out how to string navigon to an icon.
    It keeps giving me zero result.

I use com.navigon.NavigonEurope in everyplace it should be, but it won't work.
    And yes, it's a legal version and yes i rebooted after changing the strings in ifile.

Doe anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong here?
    It sounds like the it may be the wrong string (but it could be right) I would go into edit mode and when you place an icon it says the string below it use that to double check. If it is right then post the code for the button

@StatixFX yeah start with those themes and that would be a good start and they are free so they are perfect for learning
    Last edited by noelbob; 01-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

@Freedom & Fright - THANK YOU.
    ok.. so at the very least i need a button for the dreamboard app.

the other question is, is there a more simple theme to take a look at? or a few that have like one element to each?
    the endriod theme is a rather complex one to start the breakdown.

@ Mr. Russian - im glad you werent trying to learn how to theme for blackberry... you would have gotten very little help from anyone with that kind of attitude. I am in no way a beginner to themes - its just been a long time since i have done it for an apple product. Back when i was creating themes for the iPod Touch 2g... i even created an entire app to help ANYONE create themes for winterboard by just pointing to the image and selecting where it goes.

i have made tons of complex themes for blackberry as well... so really, hold your comments about people you dont know.
    Everyone is a beginner at some point.

if you could be so kind as to POINT ME to some simple themes that i could look at.... I didnt see any when using google.
    Thanks!
    Endroid...iPrinted...Simplicity...etc.

These are simple themes, and in Endroid I'm pretty sure that theres some commentary.

The best way I PERSONALLY think to learn is to mod/customise an existing theme by trial 'n error, and asking the theme creator themselves for commentary and help. Then you understand. Nest is to make an Endroid based them through modding.

Really, honestly, every theme is really simple. Process is something like:

Button (for dreamboard, so you dont get stuck in dreamboard)
    \/
    Scrollview
    \/
    More buttons
    \/
    Imageviews
    \/
    More scrollviews
    \/
    settings menu
    \/
    Graphics
    \/
    Conversion to dynamic views.

Thanks

@kooris What are you doing on this thread man? Had a change of heart about db? lol

Back when i was creating themes for the iPod Touch 2g... i even created an entire app to help ANYONE create themes for winterboard by just pointing to the image and selecting where it goes.
    Whoa! Are you the guy who created iDesigner?
    Last edited by BadJ3d1; 01-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it really that easy to make a theme? I'm new completely to this and want to make myself a Metro 8 UI for the iPad. I saw inside the OS7 folder, that its a .dylib what exactly is this? Oh, and a question. I read somewhere a sentence which i loosely remember: "Making dylib knowledge is the same as making-an-app knowledge". does that mean I need to know some programming things to make a theme like OS7?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a noobish post and I hope i can get at least some constructive answers.
    Link

Green Apple
    Thanks

nope. mine was this one...

Need testers... [BETA] Theme Creator | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

(which i must pat my own back.. was created 6 months prior to iDesigner.. LOL)

@link - yes... for DreamBoard you will need to learn programming to some extent. the more complex, the more you need to learn.
    Last edited by StaticFX; 01-31-2012 at 06:45 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StaticFX For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-31-2012), FrightDealer (01-31-2012)

Thanks

@linkandzelda Don't worry about whether your questions are noobish bro. Everyone is a noob at something at some point in their life. Here is a link to the Dreamboard wiki which should give you a pretty good explanation of how to theme with Dreamboard. There is also a sample tutorial located there. If you need anymore help, feel free to post any further questions you have here. Introduction - dreamboard - Welcome - DreamBoard Open Source Files and Hosting - Google Project Hosting
    Last edited by BadJ3d1; 01-31-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    Is it really that easy to make a theme? I'm new completely to this and want to make myself a Metro 8 UI for the iPad. I saw inside the OS7 folder, that its a .dylib what exactly is this? Oh, and a question. I read somewhere a sentence which i loosely remember: "Making dylib knowledge is the same as making-an-app knowledge". does that mean I need to know some programming things to make a theme like OS7?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a noobish post and I hope i can get at least some constructive answers.
    Link
    Unfortunately os7 runs completely different from all other dreamboard themes and I'm not good with that at all hopefully some one can help but its quite different

Thanks

nope. mine was this one...

Need testers... [BETA] Theme Creator | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

(which i must pat my own back.. was created 6 months prior to iDesigner.. LOL)

@link - yes... for DreamBoard you will need to learn programming to some extent. the more complex, the more you need to learn.

WOAH MAN! You also did Blackberry themeing?? Nice man, You get VERY little help in there... i learned from a friend, but never got to make one, i got me an iPod, i started Dreamboard instead of Winterboard.

If you need some easy themes to follow, like NoelBob said, Use My "D-Con 6" theme or Noelbob's "iTunes" theme. Those two as easier than Endroid Really. I created D-Con 6 as a noobish attempt to theme! lol. But it helps new ppl find the coding, gain the knowledge, and build on it. Basics are the essential, once those are done, you can see the possibilities of this platform! If you want a deeper explanation, email me - [email protected] i will help you out, no matter how simple or hard it is! lol.

As for making a button to the Dreamboard app, that, you will have to do on your own. Search on google for tutorials on making buttons the way you want. What i do, is i make the edges to the box of the icon i want to make, then keep deleting parts so it looks technologic, and then add some Blending options! lol. That's how i made the frames around my theme pics in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

Link
    Making themes are never "easy". If you have experience they are easy, but if you are starting out...boy is it hard. For Dreamboard, you will need to know a bit of coding, whether it be C++, C#, HTML, or XML. Either one of those will give you a good idea of how it is. The coding is in XML, so it differs from the others, but it is the simplist in my opinion. I know all the languages, but XML is the easiest. You can't get lost! that's for sure. Anything you need, email me at the same Email address in red..
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 01-31-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i got the button - although its not pretty (just temp)

I will check out D-Con 6 THANKS Fright!

i got the button - although its not pretty (just temp)

I will check out D-Con 6 THANKS Fright!
    Last edited by StaticFX; 01-31-2012 at 07:14 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to StaticFX For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow guys thanks for the head start! Now I can take a look at the Wiki and produce some kind of basic theme! Just before I got and start, I have one question. Theoretically I thought of the parts my theme will need and all it is, static images on a scrolling left area. Just that will do me. I just thought of OS7 as it's the same sort of look as I would get. Before I ask too many things I'll give it a try and see. Thanks!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-31-2012), FrightDealer (01-31-2012)