Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me scarflaire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarlu View Post
    Guys,

I am having a weird issue with Dreamboard. Somehow, after my theme as been loaded for a while I find some icons not launching the right app. Example, I click on the ModMyI app but it launches the SMS apps.

I thought it could be a layer issue but there is no SMS icons in the under layer (at that spot). If I reprsing, everything comes back to normal.

Anyone has had this issue?
    No issues here, at least none for my themes or a few others. I don't have yours so I can't say if it's only your theme having this.

Thanks

PhanaticD

in your Tutorial you explain Show/Hide as
    <string>hide <id> NO</string>
    <string>show <id> NO</string>

Why do you add the NO?
    I don't believe YES/NO apply on show/hide like they do on setx.
    At least I didn't see any changes on my end

As for my incorrect app issue. I'm not sure what happened. Thank you all very much for your feedback. If I find anything I'll let you know.
    Last edited by TheWarlu; 04-10-2011 at 11:52 AM.

uhmmm yeah i havent actually tested that yet i was just assuming a bit lol and just so u know its no longer setx its 'set x', the setx still works but not right with animations

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    uhmmm yeah i havent actually tested that yet i was just assuming a bit lol and just so u know its no longer setx its 'set x', the setx still works but not right with animations
    yeah I know.

I guess i'm used to the "old" commands... looool

lol o boy =P haha i wonder what next? if statements and loops? haha

lol o boy =P haha i wonder what next? if statements and loops? haha
    i'd actually like some if statements

Thanks

I would too. :-)

Instead of calling a bunch of toggles or hide, especially with menu, you could call them only if needed. Although i'm unsure what would take less processing time, the IF or the action...

Question:

I know the AppGrid viewtype is now linked with the UserInteraction / ToggleInteraction to save memory. Do you know if this is true for other views? Should I set everything <false> and only change then to True when I call them?
    Last edited by TheWarlu; 04-10-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

toggle interaction? i thought it was just toggle in general? either way i dont think it makes much of a difference for smaller thing, but when u have large widgets or allapp grids then yea u might want to

Thanks

toggle interaction? i thought it was just toggle in general? either way i dont think it makes much of a difference for smaller thing, but when u have large widgets or allapp grids then yea u might want to
    Well my tests were:
    From all 3 layers (appgrid, appoverlay,appbg), remove Toggle and ToggleInteraction
    Add UserInteraction. Set to False
    Call 3 layers with a show + set UserInteration to ON for the grid. My memory went from 200 to 120MB (after scrolling down my list).
    Hide all 3 layers. Memory came back to 200.

This being said I have also found out that if you set UserInteraction to TRUE by default and only show/hide the grid you don't regain your memory.

On the other hand if you set UserInteraction to TRUE by default and instead of hide you set UserInteraction to NO. The icon grid dissapears and your regain your memory.

So there is definitely something going on with the AppGrid view and the UserInteraction ON or OFF in regards to loading/unloading of the RAM.

And I can also confirm that hide/show actions are related to UserInteraction vs. Toggle action which is related to Toggle/ToggleInteraction.

EDIT:
    After adding icons to all my folders my RAM went from 250-200MB. I tried to put all the folders UserInteraction to false. Still at 200MB so it seems only the "AppGrid" view is affected by this.

I would hope Wynd will add another way of loading/unloading... or maybe I have just too many icons :-(
    Last edited by TheWarlu; 04-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

@TheWarlu i would like to ask more about what i was saying on the other thred.
    are you willing to help me out?
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    @TheWarlu i would like to ask more about what i was saying on the other thred.
    are you willing to help me out?
    sure

Thanks

sure
    how about i pm you about this?
    as i'll be posting images. dont wanna clutter this thread with my cr*p.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Well my tests were:
    From all 3 layers (appgrid, appoverlay,appbg), remove Toggle and ToggleInteraction
    Add UserInteraction. Set to False
    Call 3 layers with a show + set UserInteration to ON for the grid. My memory went from 200 to 120MB (after scrolling down my list).
    Hide all 3 layers. Memory came back to 200.

This being said I have also found out that if you set UserInteraction to TRUE by default and only show/hide the grid you don't regain your memory.

On the other hand if you set UserInteraction to TRUE by default and instead of hide you set UserInteraction to NO. The icon grid dissapears and your regain your memory.

So there is definitely something going on with the AppGrid view and the UserInteraction ON or OFF in regards to loading/unloading of the RAM.

And I can also confirm that hide/show actions are related to UserInteraction vs. Toggle action which is related to Toggle/ToggleInteraction.

EDIT:
    After adding icons to all my folders my RAM went from 250-200MB. I tried to put all the folders UserInteraction to false. Still at 200MB so it seems only the "AppGrid" view is affected by this.

I would hope Wynd will add another way of loading/unloading... or maybe I have just too many icons :-(
    lol wow i am now confused haha. i dont even get why there is a userinteraction thing anyway.. you can either touch it and it does something or not?? maybe since u have tested it make a list of what gives back/uses memory on the all app grid

@angrypig post it in here that what this thread is for

Thanks

<UserInteraction> is used by default (from what I understand) to enable/disable if the layer will interact with touch. i'm sure you got that part. It is the same thing for ToggleInteraction but Toggleinteraction only react on the <Toggle> action.

This beind said it seems that for the AppGrid view to work, it needs to have User or Toggle Interaction set to True. If it's not, it won't load/display anything.

In the basic setup, the AppGrid view has userInteraction to false but has ToggleInteraction to True. Since Wynd used the Toggle command to display it then everything is working. You Toggle ON, it loads the grid and display it (takes RAM). You Toggle Off, it hides the grid (release RAM).

What I found that is interesting is that it is not the show/hide/toggle that actually takes and release the RAM it is the Interaction portion.

Thus. Using SHOW to display the AppGrid won't display anything until you "Set userInteraction YES appGrid". Then it will load/display and use RAM.

I hope it makes more sense :-)

ok yeah i think i get it, so when you toggle the grid, it basically sets the userinteraction to on. but if you just 'show'ed it nothing would happen?

UNLESS you had userinteraction set to on by default, then showed it, then it would show the grid. but this method takes up ram ALL the time while the first method takes up ram only when toggled.

HOWEVER you can work around this by manually using a action to turn userinteraction also at the same time showing

so (setuserinteraction true + show app grid) == toggle

correct?

Thanks

Yup.. you got it exactly right.
    Because Toggle action is associated with 2 entries (Toggle and ToggleInteraction) is does both in one command.

I will add that it seems if I SHOW and SET UserInteraction to ON, the grid displays but I only need HIDE to release the RAM. On the other hand, If UserInteraction was set to True to start with and I use Show/Hide it will not release the Ram but I can simply use Set UserInteraction to NO without using HIDE and it will hide the grid and release the RAM.

Maybe I can set Alpha to 1, and only use Set UserInteraction ON/OFF to display the grid.

I really hope that Wynd allows to edit the Grid or apply the same loading/unloading in other view cuz using grid instead of normal icons for all the icons/folders in my theme I saved 50-75MB of RAM (loading them only 1 at a time) and over 100k in size for my plist (which text wise is a lot) and makes it a lot easier to go through. It does take a "little" (0.5 sec) to load my folder but i'll put some animation and it should be seemless.

yea that would be great, maybe next update i hope.. ill ask him next time hes on but he rarely answers me i dont get whats up with that. either way the appgrid also doesnt allow for custom size icons either

Thanks

yeah, he is probably very busy with the Store. I also wanted to check with him if I could have permission to mod his HTC Clock and distribute it in my theme.

BTW,
    I'm not sure you need to put all that UserInteraction vs RAM detail in the Tutorial :-P.. hehehe

lol maybe i will maybe i wont =P man this must be really confusing to learn from nothing for newbs .. yea about that tutoriall my domain expired >.< i just renewed it tho and the web link should work in a couple days at most

Thanks

yeah,

Dreamboard: Advanced Theming by Advanced Themers for Advanced Themes..
    loool.

honestly people will get it soon enough. And with some good tutorials like what you are working on it will help. That is also why I wanted to share my findings. With the Themes we can do with Dreamboard, we need to understand how to manage Ram, especially for 3GS users.

EDIT:
    Woot.. my 100th post.. loooool..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWarlu For This Useful Post:

PhanaticD (04-11-2011)

Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast