+ Reply
Page 100 of 130 FirstFirst ... 50 909899100101102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2599

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Themes With Dreamboard

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Mr. Russian Yep this took me like 30 minutes to get like 4 badges looking right. A lot of testing. Hey just quick tip for anyone take
    My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    Yep this took me like 30 minutes to get like 4 badges looking right. A lot of testing.
    Hey just quick tip for anyone take a screenshot and use photoshop to reference the pixel x,y. I use this all the time it has helped me out a ton

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noelbob For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (11-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    Hey just quick tip for anyone take a screenshot and use photoshop to reference the pixel x,y. I use this all the time it has helped me out a ton
    Or use log. The thing with the badges is that its not one to one. For some reason, I had to move my badge 10px left. My frame width went from 75 to 169, then my x value went from 0 to -37.5 . I dont think Photoshop can calculate that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

I did that with all of the images but the badge placements were very off. It's weird.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

I got a question. Can i use the Endroid widget but change the images? Cause like, im getting tired of looking at HTML code and not knowing wtf im looking for. . Dam Zip Code junk. So, like for Darkstar HMMod widget, can i just change the images and the stuff in there with the one of Endroid? Or it just won't work tht way?

Like, i jsut figured out i can replace the Weather SEttings widget from Endroid to an image of a button i want and place it in the theme. But can i do that with an actual widget from winterboard?
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 11-09-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrightDealer View Post
    I got a question. Can i use the Endroid widget but change the images? Cause like, im getting tired of looking at HTML code and not knowing wtf im looking for. . Dam Zip Code junk. So, like for Darkstar HMMod widget, can i just change the images and the stuff in there with the one of Endroid? Or it just won't work tht way?

Like, i jsut figured out i can replace the Weather SEttings widget from Endroid to an image of a button i want and place it in the theme. But can i do that with an actual widget from winterboard?
    I know what's wrong. Your theme, which is a port of a winterboard theme, uses HTML designed for winterboard. There's your problem. The HTML that your theme uses isn't interactive, or the settings for it set interactively, as winterboard doesn't support it. This is why people have to go and change the locations manually. Endroid, on the other hand, is set interactively, through the advwebview, and because Wynd is so damn clever, it is saved in a database, which his weather HTML reads from. So, unless your good enough at HTML to actually get your widgets to access and store data in databases, what you're trying to do wont be possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooris View Post
    I know what's wrong. Your theme, which is a port of a winterboard theme, uses HTML designed for winterboard. There's your problem. The HTML that your theme uses isn't interactive, or the settings for it set interactively, as winterboard doesn't support it. This is why people have to go and change the locations manually. Endroid, on the other hand, is set interactively, through the advwebview, and because Wynd is so damn clever, it is saved in a database, which his weather HTML reads from. So, unless your good enough at HTML to actually get your widgets to access and store data in databases, what you're trying to do wont be possible.
    FML...alright, i tried. So, the ppl can jsut set up the Zip Code manually...I did ma best. T_T Dam HTML crap...i'd learn it, but thats work and im too lazy to do it now. ... ... ...

I was wondering now. Do i actually have to re write the coding to access the database? I learned from someone tht if u change the "locale" in the widget to the one Endroid has it might work...
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 11-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks

FML...alright, i tried. So, the ppl can jsut set up the Zip Code manually...I did ma best. T_T Dam HTML crap...i'd learn it, but thats work and im too lazy to do it now. ... ... ...

I was wondering now. Do i actually have to re write the coding to access the database? I learned from someone tht if u change the "locale" in the widget to the one Endroid has it might work...
    Not possible...I spent so much time figuring out how the weather thing worked when it first came out, since the "z" on the keyboard that wynd made didn't work, and I badly wanted weather for my itouch. I figured out all the parts, but how it accesses the databases i still have no clue.

Thanks

Not possible...I spent so much time figuring out how the weather thing worked when it first came out, since the "z" on the keyboard that wynd made didn't work, and I badly wanted weather for my itouch. I figured out all the parts, but how it accesses the databases i still have no clue.
    Hmm, but can't i still replace the images with that of the Endroid's one? just using the same way he did his? Would be possible tho right. Just change the images, but keeping the coding the same from the Endroid

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I figured it out but still need the day to see if I can get it working right

11. The Following User Says Thank You to noelbob For This Useful Post:

FrightDealer (11-09-2011)

Thanks

Hey I figured it out but still need the day to see if I can get it working right
    NP, im testing it out myself with the help of GaN-MaN's Dusk XTreme theme. Its actually pretty thorough. Since he has more than one widget, its setup differently, i can use this, but with the six i got, hopefully i can get it working

Thanks

How do you create Icon masks? Do you just create a square according to the biggest dimension of your icons then create the shape you want inside this square?

Thanks

How do you create Icon masks? Do you just create a square according to the biggest dimension of your icons then create the shape you want inside this square?
    Basically
    Windows Vista

Thanks

I give up on trying to figure out the dang Widget stuff...T_T.

Anyone know a HTML code that makes the default of the widget locale to the one set on your idevice?

Thanks

Basically
    Does it mask icons in the icons folder?

Thanks

Does it mask icons in the icons folder?
    No I don't think so
    Windows Vista

Thanks

Icon mask. Ok, basically what it is...its the form in which the picture of the app (without the icon overlay) will appear. So if u want an icon mask 40 x 40, the image of the app will be confined in tht space. If u want the mask to be 100 x 100, the the image of the app will stretch out to fit tht dimension. The icon overlay is the actual design u want around ur icon. Icon shadow...no use for it rlly.

Hope this helps

@Mr.Russian

Sorry about not letting u beta the 3.0 of darkstar. Its released now, had to leave early so i just released it. Sorry again. And i saw the articla about ya! Pretty cool! Keep the work going. Also, do u still wanna continue the "project" we talked about
    Last edited by FrightDealer; 11-10-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks

Icon mask. Ok, basically what it is...its the form in which the picture of the app (without the icon overlay) will appear. So if u want an icon mask 40 x 40, the image of the app will be confined in tht space. If u want the mask to be 100 x 100, the the image of the app will stretch out to fit tht dimension. The icon overlay is the actual design u want around ur icon. Icon shadow...no use for it rlly.

Hope this helps

@Mr.Russian

Sorry about not letting u beta the 3.0 of darkstar. Its released now, had to leave early so i just released it. Sorry again. And i saw the articla about ya! Pretty cool! Keep the work going. Also, do u still wanna continue the "project" we talked about
    Yeah sure and that's no problem. Where did you release darkstar 3.0 I can't seem to find it
    Windows Vista

Thanks

Yeah sure and that's no problem. Where did you release darkstar 3.0 I can't seem to find it
    Its on my site. Thats where (from now on) im going post all the download links

Thanks

Its on my site. Thats where (from now on) im going post all the download links
    Oh ok cool thanks
    Windows Vista

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey ya guys, Anybody know if Dreamboard has been confirmed to be working well with IOS5?