+ Reply
Page 101 of 278 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5549

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Osmium [Themeit&Cydia Release]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
man its quiet in here
...
  1. #2001
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    man its quiet in here

  2. #2002
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    man its quiet in here
    I think mmi has changed a fair bit in the last few months. The flood of dreamboard 'themes' and ports has diluted where people are posting. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of people who used to post quite often either dont post anymore or only do rarely.

    Mmi had a really different feel from even a few months ago.. not sure why exactly apart from the vast number of new threads.

    I'm sure once this gets released it will liven the thread back up again


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011)

  4. #2003
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    I think mmi has changed a fair bit in the last few months. The flood of dreamboard 'themes' and ports has diluted where people are posting. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of people who used to post quite often either dont post anymore or only do rarely.

    Mmi had a really different feel from even a few months ago.. not sure why exactly apart from the vast number of new threads.

    I'm sure once this gets released it will liven the thread back up again


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    yeah you got a point mate how are you my friend?

    your right mmi is nothing like it used to be i remember threads like xhd and twilught moving so fast there was like 10 posts at once and if your post wasnt caught straight away you had to repost because the thread moved so fast peeps never saw your request!!!

    i miss those days

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-02-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011), Waverley73 (05-01-2011)

  6. #2004
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    yeah you got a point mate how are you my friend?

    your right mmi is nothing like it used to be i remember threads like xhd and twilught moving so fast there was like 10 posts at once and if your post wasnt caught straight away you had to repost because the thread moved so fast peeps never saw your request!!!

    i miss those days
    Yeah, I'm good bro - busy but good.

    I think there's a few things going on with MMI.

    - The flooding of dreamboard mods/'themes'/ports is spreading people thin. I find it interesting seeing dreamboard doesn't do anything with the UI and just really dresses the springboard up.

    - The real big hitters like Zausser, K-Nitsua and Bars are all MIA for reasons I don't know.

    - I have noticed in many other theme's threads that the theme creators just go awol without telling anyone why (wihtout even dropping a quick post to say I'm a bit busy or whatever). Coop, you're awesome at keeping ppl up-to-date with what you're up to and whether you're working on something or busy or whatever. I have noticed in LOTS of other threads that the creator just stops posting leaving a lot of people wondering whats happening with the theme. I believe this leads to people just drifting away from MMI because they have no idea whether the theme they are following will even get finished / get an update etc. Again, this doesn't apply to you Coop because you are always posting here and people always know where you are at - credit to you bro.

    Anyway, looking forward to the release of this mate.

    BTW. Can't wait to make some complex calculations on that scientific calc you've been working on bro.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-01-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011)

  8. #2005
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    Yeah, I'm good bro - busy but good.

    I think there's a few things going on with MMI.

    - The flooding of dreamboard mods/'themes'/ports is spreading people thin. I find it interesting seeing dreamboard doesn't do anything with the UI and just really dresses the springboard up.

    - The real big hitters like Zausser, K-Nitsua and Bars are all MIA for reasons I don't know.

    - I have noticed in many other theme's threads that the theme creators just go awol without telling anyone why (wihtout even dropping a quick post to say I'm a bit busy or whatever). Coop, you're awesome at keeping ppl up-to-date with what you're up to and whether you're working on something or busy or whatever. I have noticed in LOTS of other threads that the creator just stops posting leaving a lot of people wondering whats happening with the theme. I believe this leads to people just drifting away from MMI because they have no idea whether the theme they are following will even get finished / get an update etc. Again, this doesn't apply to you Coop because you are always posting here and people always know where you are at - credit to you bro.

    Anyway, looking forward to the release of this mate.

    BTW. Can't wait to make some complex calculations on that scientific calc you've been working on bro.
    thanks bro im evening planning on a revisit to angled hd to give it some love although not the greatest but a paid theme non the less

    osmium will be above and beyond when im done with it

    i think its important to keep people up to date at the end of the day its all about good customer service thats what i do in my real job it gets pounded into me all the time lol

    and although your all my friends on here you are still paying customers to a service i am providing so its only right you stay in the know and i feel bad when i dont always hit what im going to say i do but i do try hard when i can

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-02-2011), Waverley73 (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-01-2011)

  10. #2006
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    thanks bro im evening planning on a revisit to angled hd to give it some love although not the greatest but a paid theme non the less

    osmium will be above and beyond when im done with it

    i think its important to keep people up to date at the end of the day its all about good customer service thats what i do in my real job it gets pounded into me all the time lol

    and although your all my friends on here you are still paying customers to a service i am providing so its only right you stay in the know and i feel bad when i dont always hit what im going to say i do but i do try hard when i can
    Dude, you have nothing to worry about - you're one of the best at keep people up-to-date with your progess. Besides, Osmium is so good people will wait for it man.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  12. #2007
    "Master of Beta" bostonguy3737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    2,258
    Thanks
    3,378
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,378 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    yeah you got a point mate how are you my friend?

    your right mmi is nothing like it used to be i remember threads like xhd and twilught moving so fast there was like 10 posts at once and if your post wasnt caught straight away you had to repost because the thread moved so fast peeps never saw your request!!!

    i miss those days
    yea you guys are both right. I think it's fragmentation within the community. I always looked at mmi as the "go to" place for all things iphone especially themes. Now everyone has there own blogs and forums and repos, it just kind of spreads everyone out I think. To be honest I like the good ol days better just cause I get to lazy to have to check 10 different sites plus I miss the camaraderie which seems to have faded a bit also........

    "We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

    Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-01-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011)

  14. #2008
    Master Color Modder 88hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    2,240
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Guys if you think about it, a lot of the main contributors to themes like twilight and elite pro have either made their own theme or have been banned. That alone is going to make a huge dent in the traffic on a thread. A lot of times I'll just check in and not post if I don't have anything relevant to say. The traffic is still here, it's just spread out over many awesome themes! Oh and someone said some thing about Z being gone, spoke with him yesterday, he just needed some family time and will return shortly. That is one dude I can't knock. With the amount of QUALITY themes he has cranked out, he deserves to bow out for a bit once in a while. Coop, your doing awesome btw!
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-01-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  16. #2009
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Guys if you think about it, a lot of the main contributors to themes like twilight and elite pro have either made their own theme or have been banned. That alone is going to make a huge dent in the traffic on a thread. A lot of times I'll just check in and not post if I don't have anything relevant to say. The traffic is still here, it's just spread out over many awesome themes! Oh and someone said some thing about Z being gone, spoke with him yesterday, he just needed some family time and will return shortly. That is one dude I can't knock. With the amount of QUALITY themes he has cranked out, he deserves to bow out for a bit once in a while. Coop, your doing awesome btw!

    thanks man im just getting the final build into folders ready for the final build email guys then ill build it ready for themeit release

    your right man there is def the traffic

    and yeah i spoke to z as well
    real life is always more important and that guy works some crazy hours and yeah puts out the best themes on mmi with out a doubt

    anyway email soon guys

    and nick we need to look into some stuff once this out

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  18. #2010
    Master Color Modder 88hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    2,240
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    thanks man im just getting the final build into folders ready for the final build email guys then ill build it ready for themeit release

    your right man there is def the traffic

    and yeah i spoke to z as well
    real life is always more important and that guy works some crazy hours and yeah puts out the best themes on mmi with out a doubt

    anyway email soon guys

    and nick we need to look into some stuff once this out
    Definitely, you know how to get a hold of me. I just miss the days when different groups of people almost took different shifts on the threads. Location based obviously, was always fun to wake up and look through the ten pages I missed.
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    bostonguy3737 (05-01-2011), Coop2009 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011)

  20. #2011
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Definitely, you know how to get a hold of me. I just miss the days when different groups of people almost took different shifts on the threads. Location based obviously, was always fun to wake up and look through the ten pages I missed.

    of course and thanks dude!!!! im on week of work

    as its 1:30am still going strong lol

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    Waverley73 (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  22. #2012
    Master Color Modder 88hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    2,240
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Get some rest dude! Finish it up tomorrow, we'll still be here.
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-02-2011), Waverley73 (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  24. #2013
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Guys if you think about it, a lot of the main contributors to themes like twilight and elite pro have either made their own theme or have been banned. That alone is going to make a huge dent in the traffic on a thread. A lot of times I'll just check in and not post if I don't have anything relevant to say. The traffic is still here, it's just spread out over many awesome themes! Oh and someone said some thing about Z being gone, spoke with him yesterday, he just needed some family time and will return shortly. That is one dude I can't knock. With the amount of QUALITY themes he has cranked out, he deserves to bow out for a bit once in a while. Coop, your doing awesome btw!
    Hey Nick,

    I hope it didn't seen like I was knocking Z or K or Bars. In that point I just wanted to illustrate that 3 of the most influentual (and best) themers aren't on here as much as they used to be - I didn't know the reasons, and don't really need to know the reasons - I'm sure they all have lives. Their threads always turn into moster threads for good reason - the quality is amazing, they are well known and respected themers and that draws people from everywhere.

    I hold Z and his work in the highest regard - when ZTwilight hit it blew my mind what a theme could make your phone look like.

    My comment about the lack of progress updates or check in posts was a very broad, general statement not directed any any particular themer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    of course and thanks dude!!!! im on week of work

    as its 1:30am still going strong lol
    Dude, I've seen you working on your theme here at 2.30am a few times, you've got another hour or so yet.
    Last edited by Waverley73; 05-01-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), bostonguy3737 (05-01-2011), Coop2009 (05-01-2011), Darrenrooster (05-18-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  26. #2014
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Get some rest dude! Finish it up tomorrow, we'll still be here.
    lol just zipping it now then upload then email then sleep lol

    themeit tomorrow

    then i can relax just a little lol and think about extras and more stuff for this cool theme!!!!!!!!

    so true dude lol

    70mb man lol
    Last edited by Coop2009; 05-01-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), bostonguy3737 (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-02-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-02-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  28. #2015
    Master Color Modder 88hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    2,240
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    Hey Nick,

    I hope it didn't seen like I was knocking Z or K or Bars. In that point I just wanted to illustrate that 3 of the most influentual (and best) themers aren't on here as much as they used to be - I didn't know the reasons, and don't really need to know the reasons - I'm sure they all have lives. Their threads always turn into moster threads for good reason - the quality is amazing, they are well known and respected themers and that draws people from everywhere.

    I hold Z and his work in the highest regard - when ZTwilight hit it blew my mind what a theme could make your phone look like.

    My comment about the lack of progress updates or check in posts was a very broad, general statement not directed any any particular themer.



    Dude, I've seen you working on your theme here at 2.30am a few times, you've got another hour or so yet.
    Glen,I know what you were getting after, I was just throwing it out there. I know bars is also working on something... I agree with you on the whole dreamboard thing. Not quite sure what the craze is about? Fast theme switching yes, but all user customizing is almost thrown out the window. I thought a big part of why we do this is so our phones don't look like everyone elses?
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    bostonguy3737 (05-01-2011)

  30. #2016
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Get some rest dude! Finish it up tomorrow, we'll still be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Glen,I know what you were getting after, I was just throwing it out there. I know bars is also working on something... I agree with you on the whole dreamboard thing. Not quite sure what the craze is about? Fast theme switching yes, but all user customizing is almost thrown out the window. I thought a big part of why we do this is so our phones don't look like everyone elses?

    yeah man your right

    they our phones but with db you cant really change anything i like winterboard with backboard is good enough you know

    when saurik gets round to updating wb that will be all cool aswell

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  32. #2017
    "Master of Beta" bostonguy3737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    2,258
    Thanks
    3,378
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,378 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    Hey Nick,

    I hope it didn't seen like I was knocking Z or K or Bars. In that point I just wanted to illustrate that 3 of the most influentual (and best) themers aren't on here as much as they used to be - I didn't know the reasons, and don't really need to know the reasons - I'm sure they all have lives. Their threads always turn into moster threads for good reason - the quality is amazing, they are well known and respected themers and that draws people from everywhere.

    I hold Z and his work in the highest regard - when ZTwilight hit it blew my mind what a theme could make your phone look like.

    My comment about the lack of progress updates or check in posts was a very broad, general statement not directed any any particular themer.



    Dude, I've seen you working on your theme here at 2.30am a few times, you've got another hour or so yet.



    Yea no doubt with those 3 on hiatus it takes on a different pace......and to add a bit of hype I think we will be hearing from Bars very soon as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    yeah man your right

    they our phones but with db you cant really change anything i like winterboard with backboard is good enough you know

    when saurik gets round to updating wb that will be all cool aswell
    totally agree, have no need for dreamboard and to be honest it makes it look more like android stuff than iphone which has NO appeal for me.
    Last edited by bostonguy3737; 05-01-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    "We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), Coop2009 (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  34. #2018
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy3737 View Post
    Yea no doubt with those 3 on hiatus it takes on a different pace......and to add a bit of hype I think we will be hearing from Bars very soon as well



    totally agree, have no need for dreamboard and to be honest it makes it look more like android stuff than iphone which has NO appeal for me.

    ill push as far as an inav style which for eg the zui one looks sweet

    but i think thats it and yeah i wanna have an iphone not android if i wanted that i would be an android lol

    but thats life i think instead of adding a prefix mmi should split this forum into dreamboard and winterboard i have noticed that there is so many db now that winterboard themes are starting to get lost and the db themes are just wb themes change to work on db

    ok im of to bed its 2:20 am here emails sent enjoy if anyone aint got it please let me know

    take care and gd night
    Last edited by Coop2009; 05-01-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    chelsea.tone (05-02-2011), Darrenrooster (05-18-2011), It's Mi (05-02-2011), Pinoy (05-02-2011), superouse (05-02-2011), Waverley73 (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  36. #2019
    "Master of Beta" bostonguy3737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    2,258
    Thanks
    3,378
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,378 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    ill push as far as an inav style which for eg the zui one looks sweet

    but i think thats it and yeah i wanna have an iphone not android if i wanted that i would be an android lol

    but thats life i think instead of adding a prefix mmi should split this forum into dreamboard and winterboard i have noticed that there is so many db now that winterboard themes are starting to get lost and the db themes are just wb themes change to work on db
    yea totally agree Coop, I think now that some are trying to charge for winterboard themes ported to dreamboard its setting a really bad example and just adds fuel to the fire if you know what i mean.......

    "We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

    88hurst (05-01-2011), Coop2009 (05-01-2011), Pinoy (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

  38. #2020
    Master Color Modder 88hurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    2,240
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Thanks for the update coop!
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    Pinoy (05-01-2011), wirral59 (05-02-2011)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts