Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release: FoundForGood89's "Etched Glass"

Default Release: FoundForGood89's "Etched Glass"
    Presenting FoundForGood89's "Etched Glass"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNcAImz7Xuo]YouTube - Presenting: Etched Glass: Who knew perfection could be beaten?[/ame]

Available now in Beta. Full version coming soon!

Hey guys. Help spread the word by nominating Etched Glass for Cydia's Featured Theme

Description:

Who knew perfection could be beaten?

Presenting Chapter 2 in the iDevice Theming store by FoundForGood89: The brand new theme "Etched Glass". This amazing new theme uses transparent class images to take full advantage of the amazing weather widgets provided. Using a modded combination of "Engraved Wood"s unique fullscreen weather widgets and Ian Nicoll's revolutionary UniAW animated weather widgets, I have created a unique and amazing theme. Never need to look out of a window again with this animated weather widget with over 30 unique forecasts! Not to mention the beautiful glassy feel of this ideal theme for any user!
    Purchase Locations:
    HD Version Available on...
    -The ModMyI repo in Cydia
    -iThemeSky (clickable Link)
    SD Version live in Cydia. Coming soon to iThemeSky
    Both versions coming soon to ThemeIt

Screenshots:

Components:

Etched Glass: the main theme.

5 Weather widgets including:
    -Etched Glass LS AniWW (lockscreen with weather animations; made for both Lockinfo and non-Lockinfo users)
    -Etched Glass HS AniWW*(lockscreen with weather animations)
    -Etched Glass HS WW
    -Etched Glass LS WW for lockinfo
    -Etched Glass LS WW

Etched Glass Extras- includes:
    -perpagehtml files
    -fonts
    -open notifier customizations
    -iconoclasm layout

2 icon sets:
    -Etched Glass Masked Icon Set
    -Etched Glass Original Icon Set

Etched Glass SBSettings

Etched Glass Loaders (coming soon)
    Features:

-5 different weather widgets!: -homescreen animated WW
    -lockscreen animated WW (for both lockinfo and non-lockinfo users),
    -homescreen non-animated WW,
    -lockscreen non-animated WW for lockinfo
    -lockscreen non-animated WW for those not using lockinfo
    -glass icons for all stock icons (more to come)
    -glassy masking for all appstore apps!
    -perpagehtml customization for fluid movement of pages and spotlight customization
    -flashing page indicators
    -Basic UI Interface: more to come
    -SpringJump ready
    -Optimized for Folder Enhancer, Iconoclasm, and Shrink
    -Each page can hold 11 icons and each folder page can hold up to 20 icons!

More features to come in subsequent updates.
    Change Log:

3/10/11: Submitted Beta Release v0.9

3/20/11: v0.95
    -UIImages addition
    -adjust default WW refresh rate to 5min rather than 1
    -adjust LS clock position
    -adjust clouds presence
    -Page indicator shift fix
    -separated icons into new addon (Original icons)
    -created new addon with AppStore masked stock/Cydia icons (masked icons
    -Phone app themed
    -added alternative layout for messages (original saved)
    -SBSettings addon
    -loaders layout
    -added no lockinfo clock stylesheet to LS AniWW
    -added a no page indicator option to perpagehtmls
    -FAQ section to forum
    -icon making videos on forum
    -Icons small by default
    Installation Videos:

Part 1:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r93kZ-OWFOU]YouTube - Etched Glass: Installation Instructions Pt 1 of 3[/ame]

Part 2:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3M5duR_CoY]YouTube - Etched Glass: Installation Instructions Pt 2 of 3[/ame]

Part 3:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlD09ZZIMd0]YouTube - Etched Glass: Installation Instructions Pt 3 of 3[/ame]

Woops: Part 4:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH5hxh4yTPw[/ame]

FAQ
    1) What iDevice software is needed to get the most of the Etched Glass Theme?
    -The Paid "Required" (but not dependent) software for Etched Glass is Shrink , Iconoclasm, Folder Enhancer, and Gridlock (iBlanks should work but is not tested). These apps/tweaks are pricy, but are commonly used for themeing iDevices, and will definitely be continuously used over the course of Winterboard theme development. You would not need to pay for these each time you bought a new theme that needed them.
    -The Free "Required" software is SpringJumps, PerPageHTML (PerPageHTML + should work but is untested), and Winterboard.
    -The "Optional" (themed but not necessary for full use of the theme) software is Lockinfo, iAcces, and OpenNotifier (free)
    -I recommend buying iFiles aswell for easier installation. The option to SSH into the phone is also adaquit....
    -To get the Five Day Weather Forcast, you must have Lockinfo and must download the extra plugin "Weather Plugin for Lockinfo" from Cydia

2) Before I enable the theme, how should I layout my pages and applications?
    -This is best displayed in installation video 1. Essentially, the theme is equipped to use 5 (4 and 6 are also possible, but I have only made a limited number of SpringJumps icons so far) SpringJump icons placed in the iDevice Dock. Each page layout contains a slot for 1 large icon (the main app for that page (ex. phone in the screenshots), followed by 2 rows of 5 icons. The 2 rows of five can be apps or folders, while the Large icons and the Dock are not recommended to be Folders. Within folders, each page is equipped with a 5x4 (20 icon total) layout.

3) How do I install?
    -Use the 4 installation videos provided on this page.

4) There are so many Weather Widgets! What Weather Widgets should I download?
    -There are a total of 5 weather widgets. Each individual only needs two, based on what features they wish to have. To make it easy, I have identified here which of the five are needed for each situation (iThemeSky users can delete un-needed WW's)
    --If you want to have Animated Weather Widgets on both the lock screen and the Homescreen, use "HD Etched Glass HS AniWW" and "HD Etched Glass LS AniWW"
    --If you want to have Animated Weather Widgets on the lock screen only, use "HD Etched Glass HS WW" and "HD Etched Glass LS AniWW"
    --If you want to have Animated Weather Widgets on the Homescreen only, and ARE using Lockinfo, use "HD Etched Glass HS AniWW" and "HD Etched Glass LS WW for LI"
    --If you don't want to use Animated Weather Widgets at all, and ARE using Lockinfo, use "HD Etched Glass HS WW" and "HD Etched Glass LS WW for LI"
    --If you want to have Animated Weather Widgets on the Homescreen only, and ARE NOT using Lockinfo, use "HD Etched Glass HS AniWW" and "HD Etched Glass LS WW"
    --If you don't want to use Animated Weather Widgets at all, and ARE NOT using Lockinfo, use "HD Etched Glass HS WW" and "HD Etched Glass LS WW"

5) I have a box for Lockinfo on my Lockscreen when I start up "HD Etched Glass LS AniWW, but I don't use Lockinfo. How do I get rid of it?
    -To change from Lockinfo Mode to Non-Lockinfo mode with the Animated LS WW, open iFiles. Navigate to "/var/stash/theme.xxx/EG Lock Weather++(@2x).theme/Widgets/UniAW/" In this location there are three ".png" files. Find and delete "HomeBackground.png". Then find "HomeBackground_noLI.png" and rename it "HomeBackground.png" by removing the "_noLI" portion of its name. Then simply respring.

6) Where can I find my Location code (if using a zip code is not an option)
    -step 1: go to Yahoo! Weather - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News
    -step 2: look up you location using the "Enter City or Zip Code" Bar
    -step 3: after having found your location, look for an orange button along the right side of the page with the letters "RSS" in it. Press it.
    -step 4: After the page is loaded, look at the URL bar. at the very end, it will have a sequence that looks like this: "p=_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _%...". The gap of 8 digits is equal to your location code. enter those 8 digits into the theme. See how to put your location codes in below...

7) How do I set my location code?
    -There are several files that need to be modified to set your location code, dependent on which WW's you have. Below will display each.
    -ALL USERS: all users much change the location code in each page of the perpageHTML widgets. To do this, after having moved the perpageHTML pages from the Extras theme (see installation videos if this hasn't been done yet), navigate to "/var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/Configs/" Open the "Weather-Config.js" file. Look for the line near the top stating "var locale = "30033" and replace the 30033 with your desired location code. NOTE THAT I USED "X" TO REPRESENT ALL 5 PAGES! THIS STEP MUST BEEN DONE FOR EACH PAGE SEPRATELY AS THEY DO NOT RELY ON EACH OTHER!
    -For those using the Animated WW's, navigate to "/var/stash/theme.xxx/EG ("Lock" if LS) [email protected]/Widgets/UniAW/" and open "locationHere.js". Look for the line near the top stating "var locale = "30033" and replace the 30033 with your desired location code.
    -For those with Non-Animated WW's, navigate to "/var/stash/theme.xxx/EG ("Lock" if LS) Weather ("LI" if the LI LS WW)@2x.theme/Widgets/Configs/" and open "Weather-Config.js". Look for the line near the top stating "var locale = "30033" and replace the 30033 with your desired location code.

8) How do I change the fahrenheit to celsius?
    -To do this, after having moved the perpageHTML pages from the Extras theme (see installation videos if this hasn't been done yet), navigate to "/var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/Configs/" Open the "Weather-Config.js" file. Look for the line near the top stating "var isCelsius = false" and change false to true. NOTE THAT I USED "X" TO REPRESENT ALL 5 PAGES! THIS STEP MUST BEEN DONE FOR EACH PAGE SEPRATELY AS THEY DO NOT RELY ON EACH OTHER!

9) My page indicators aren't lining up with the five page indentations. How do I fix this?
    -I still have not found the reason for this bug. However, I have created a fix for those who are experiencing this problem. Please follow the steps below: navigate to "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/PageIndicator/Private/" Find and delete the file "Animation.css". Then find the file "Animation.shift.css" and rename it to "Animation.css" removing the ".shift" from it. NOTE THAT I USED "X" TO REPRESENT ALL 5 PAGES! THIS STEP MUST BEEN DONE FOR EACH PAGE SEPRATELY AS THEY DO NOT RELY ON EACH OTHER!

10) I don't like the Page Indicators. How Do I turn them off?
    UPDATED WITH FIX 3/22/11. There were some problems with this feature in 0.95. I have 2 explanations now: one for v0.95 and one for 1.0 and above once its live:
    ---v0.95---
    Part 1) Navigate to var/mobile/library/perpagehtml/. There will b 5 EG pages. Go to EG PageX (1-5) /weather/ and press the weather.html and use the text editor.
    In the file, if you scroll down to the very bottom, should be a line that says <object data="../PageIndicator/Page.HTML"...etc etc...</object>
    You want to delete that whole section. DONT delete the </body></HTML> at the bottom though.
    Do this for all 5 pages. If after a respring you don't see an effect, uninstall PerPageHTML, reinstall it, and reenable each page through it.
    Part 2) Download the attachment "Wallpaper.noPI.png" below. navigate to "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/" and find the "Wallpaper.png" file. Delete it. Now take the newly downloaded "Wallpaper.noPI.png" file and rename it "Wallpaper.png". Paste it into the "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/" location (where the old one was).
    Do this for ALL 5 pages
    ---v1.0 and above---
    Part 1) Follow the steps below: navigate to "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/Weather/" Find and delete the file "Weather.html". Then find the file "Weather.noPI.html" and rename it to "Weather.html" removing the ".noPI" from it.
    Part 2) navigate to "var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/EG-PageX/" and find the "Wallpaper.png" file. Delete it, and rename the "Wallpaper.noPI.png" file to "Wallpaper.png".
    NOTE THAT I USED "X" TO REPRESENT ALL 5 PAGES! THIS STEP MUST BEEN DONE FOR EACH PAGE SEPARATELY AS THEY DO NOT RELY ON EACH OTHER!

11) I do not see the "Large" and "Small" Folders from the installation video that contains the Large and Small Icons. Where are they?
    -That was a glitch on my part where I forgot to include them in v0.9 beta. This will be fixed in v0.95.

12) I no longer have any icons in the theme. Where did they go?
    -I have decided to make two Icon sets for the theme. They are now both separate downloads. The first is "HD Etched Glass Original Icon Set". These are the icons that were originally included in the theme. The second is "HD Etched Glass Masked Icon Set". These are stock and cydia icons themed to look like the Appstore Masks. Because the Masked icon set is easier to make, I recommend using it until I find time to make more Original Icon set icons which are far harder. AGAIN both icon sets are now ADDONS so you can find them in Cydia after v0.95 is released.

13) How can I make my own Icons?
    -Below is 2 videos for making icons for each icon set. Please post your work here so everyone can enjoy it :-)

14) How should I request new Icons for SpringJumps or other Applications?
    -Easy! You have two options: you can request theme on this forum or by emailing me at [email protected]. Regardless of where you place the request, it is REQUIRED that you do two things: 1-Give the EXACT name of the Application on the springboard (not required for SpringJumps icons; screenshots of apps with labels are adaquit replacements) and 2-Provide either a description of the desired icon or if it is modeled off an Existing icon, a 512x512 px copy of the original icon artwork.

15) How can I support this theme and your work?
    -In Lots of ways: Tell your friends; advertise it on Twitter and Facebook, Make Icons for the theme and post them here; Support users having trouble by helping them on this forum; Donate (contact me with how to do so); recommend this theme for Cydia's Featured Theme Section, Recommend this theme for MMI's Theme of the Month/Year; Like the youtube videos; and Rate the Forum with 5 stars

16) How do I change the icons from their small to their large versions?
    -To change an icon from the default small to the large icon, first figure out which Icon you want enlarged. Then navigate to "/var/stash/theme.xxx/EG __(original or masked)__ Icon Set(@2x).theme/Icons/Large/". Find the large icon you desire (for the masked icon set, AppStore icons may need to be made still). Copy it and go back one folder (to the "Icons" folder), and paste it there (this may overlap an existing icon: that's fine). Then just respring and you should be good to go.

17) My springjump icons are no longer matching their Labels and linking pages. How do I fix that?
    These steps are a little complicated so stay with me...
    Heres wat u wanna do:*
    1) list your desired order of icons on dock vertically on a piece of paper
    2) Go in the springjumps app and rename each page back to their original # names (0-4 with 0 the first. 1 the second and so on)
    3) go back to the springboard (respring if necessary) where your dock icons should now have names 0-4 but not necessarily in that order.
    4) in a second row next to your first on your paper, list the order of #'s in your dock. For instance if it goes 3,4,2,1,0 from left to right across ur dock, write that vertically next to your first column so that 3 would line up with your first desired icon, 4 with your second, etc etc. These desired icons are now matched with their corresponding page #..
    5) when reading the paper horizontally, the desired icon should be next to its corresponding page number. Now use ifiles to navigate to Library/Themes/etched glass (@2x).theme/Folders. In there are shortcut folders numbered 0-4 and a springjumps icon folder
    6) put the correct icon in the correspondingly numbered folder. For instance, if you first desired dock icon is "media", and it's corresponding page number is 3, put the media icon in the 3rd shortcut folder. To do this, go to springjumps icons folder, copy the media icon, go back one folder and paste it. Then rename it "Icon.png". Then cut it and paste it in the 3rd shortcut folder, overwriting the existing icon file.*
    7) repeat step 6 for all pages.

18) My icons arn't themeing even though I've enabled the icon set(s) in Winterboard. What Am I doing wrong?
    -This theme requires the use of Summerboard mode in Winterboard. Make sure it is enabled when opening the Winterboard Application.

-If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
    Tutorials:

Original Icon Set Icon Creation
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFUl-b6UWaA[/ame]

Masked Icon Set Icon Creation
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vua7KxxX11A[/ame]

Future Features:

-SD Version of theme (no animated WW)
    -In app Customization for all Stock Apps
    -More Lockscreen and UI customizations
    -iAcces Keyboard
    -Custom Stock App Loaders and Template
    -SBSettings Customization
    -Custom UniAW Animations
    -Masked Icons for the Stock Apps
    -Mask Template for Creating custom Icons
    -More Custom Glass Icons to Come
    -And any more requested features...

Thanks to Ian Nicoll for his awesome work UniAW and the advice he has given me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -large-sig.png   -wallpaper.nopi.png  
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 03-29-2011 at 11:33 AM.

iDevice Theme Developer: Engraved Wood, Etched Glass

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

b0zz0 (03-15-2011), dakkota (03-11-2011), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2011), iMaC 74 (03-11-2011), littlelisa63 (03-11-2011), lostinthemes (03-11-2011), mossdef (03-12-2011), ricgo (03-10-2011), SnowLeo (03-27-2011), The6uest (03-10-2011), togomaku (03-10-2011)

Looks amazing
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Looks amazing
    Thanks!

I think i want to give it ago

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    I think i want to give it ago
    Haha, Awesome! Well its submitted to you guys so I hope yall can get it live soon. Hoping more people feel the same as you

I am sure they will

Hey guys. Help spread the word by nominating Etched Glass for Cydia's Featured Theme
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 03-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Will do

My iPhone is a Part of Me mossdef's Avatar
    Thanks

i want this theme please where i can make the donation

thanks

I've been waiting fir thus theme. would love to try it out. is there a donate option?

i want this. it looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dakkota View Post
    I've been waiting fir thus theme. would love to try it out. is there a donate option?
    Not till after the release, but if its prefered. I generally dont recommend it cuz its easier to distribute updates through cydia purchases

Quote Originally Posted by mossdef View Post
    i want this theme please where i can make the donation

thanks
    Same as above. But if for some reason you cant get it through cydia, email me at [email protected] and we will figure out special arrangements
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 03-10-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

chm80 (05-19-2011)

Looks great as I knew it would!

Nice...Very Nice!!!

Etched Glass is accepted and will be going live within 3 hours!!!
    Contest winners being decided now! Good luck!

__________________________________________________ _______

Congratulations to iPhoneFreak2010 and bao_ge ! You two are the winners of the free copy of Etched Glass! Please contact me at [email protected] to figure out how to claim your prize!Thanks Everyone for participating! Hope you all enjoy the theme!!
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 03-10-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

b0zz0 (03-13-2011), dakkota (03-10-2011)

Downloading from Cydia now.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkota View Post
    Downloading from Cydia now.
    Great! Enjoy the many minutes of setup ;-)
    Gimme feedback. Its still mostly just couple WWs, but ill be adding alot more VERY soon. This is mostly so people can start making springjump requests

Thanks
    Thanked 21,490 Times in 4,308 Posts

Congrats on the release pal and thanks for the credit.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-11-2011 at 01:22 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

really amazing...
    great hard work and brilliant art...

Terrific theme. thank you. Your instruction videos were fab....especially the last one....as I was puzzling about the weather. Thanks.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast