Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 276

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [WIP] Imagine an entire world on your iDevice. 266 Metropolis. Coming soon.

  1. #41
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^Oh really? Maybe that was just my experience with summerboard mode on my ipad before I got my V-iP4. This is great news thanks!
    No worries bro. I only just started using Summerboard mode again with reeco's iNav and it works beautifully. It really is easier just to throw the icons with the right name (duplicated with and without the @2x) into the Icons folder instead of getting the right bundle / folder name and path.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  2. #42

  3. #43
    Hmmmm... Interesting. Maybe this could live unto what it was originally meant to be! Cheers guys.

  4. #44
    I imagine this will blow my mind. radically beautiful work my friend.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Li-ion For This Useful Post:

    jonny79 (03-08-2011)

  6. #45
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny79 View Post
    Hmmmm... Interesting. Maybe this could live unto what it was originally meant to be! Cheers guys.
    I can't wait to see if you can pull this off bro. Has MASSIVE potential!
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    jonny79 (03-08-2011)

  8. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny79 View Post
    Hmmmm... Interesting. Maybe this could live unto what it was originally meant to be! Cheers guys.
    Not to sound like a bummer but you will have a large black shadow over the large icons every time you press them. Not sure if you want this. Apple has implemented the IconDarkening file into the icons themselves. It simply takes the dimensions of the icon image file, reduce the scale slightly (adding a little blur effect) and covers the icon. This is for the icons in the "Icons" (summerboard mode) anyways. I have searched long and hard for a solution but with no luck.

    But from what I can see so far (and the possibilities my mind imagines knowing your previous work and this idea) I have to say this will be AMAZING. Looking forward to seeing more screenies!! =]

    Oh and I was just thinking, maybe you could have sections to the town (either default or as an additional option). Say a park in the town so you can have the photos app or what ever in the park and maybe the phone/mail/messages app(s) in a built up area with say a communications tower to the side. Or MAYBE (geeez the creative juices keep flowing) you could set up a perpage wallpaper (using perpagehtml) of different areas to ONE city. So it's like a panoramic of a single city. You can have the main build up city on the first page with the main apps like phone, messages extra then have a road (maybe like a little bus stop with a sign to "theme park" or whatever) and then have the second page continue to a theme park where people can place their games applications. Then next you can have a industry section with a jail area for the "jailbroken" apps like cydia and that. AHHH you inspire me lol. And this works the same for the widgets, on the first page with the main city area you can have a clock tower or something that has a clock widget on it and when you press it you go into the clock app. I understand you want the theme to be fully flexible, in that the user selects everything (and fully agree with this), so I would be very interested to see how you go with this. You could also try fiddling with Wynd's "in front of the icons" mod or whatever it's called you have parts of the wallpapers overlapping the icons for a more 3d look (haven't tried anything like that but if widgets can go over it then I'm sure a html linked wallpaper could).

    So yeh.... lol.... sorry for the ear full =P. I'm just really excited for this theme! I can't wait to see what you do with this and I hope you consider some of the stuff I said (otherwise I will go off and do it... grrr no time though hahaha).

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

    GaN-MaN (03-08-2011), jonny79 (03-08-2011), lao3hero (03-08-2011), SnowLeo (03-08-2011)

  10. #47
    @unoimkll

    haha, I'm glad you're so excited by it all.

    It's been something I've wanted to put together for nearly 2 years now but haven't had the time.

    All of your suggestions are great, the panoramic was my first idea on this but there's endless possibilities. The different sections of the city are a good idea, I like the theme park for games.

    This will be as flexible as possible. I'd like the option of widget behind and in front of the icons. Definitely going to need some live weather in front of the buildings.

    I prefer a one page springboard for my day to day use with folders in the dock and my main apps above. I've already thought of how this could work too. The background would have a cliff where the dock starts (edge of the world type of thing). Folders would be little floating islands in the sky off the edge of the cliff, then (using FolderEnhancer backgrounds) when you open the folder, a new world opens up!! It would be great if FolderEnhancer gained the ability to use different backgrounds for different folders. This way you could create a really dynamic world!

    I'll throw some rough screenshots together tonight to illustrate what I mean.

    266 Metropolis. The people are gathering...!!

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonny79 For This Useful Post:

    chrisangel13 (03-08-2011), GaN-MaN (03-08-2011), lao3hero (03-08-2011), unoimkll (03-08-2011)

  12. #48
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    Not to sound like a bummer but you will have a large black shadow over the large icons every time you press them. Not sure if you want this. Apple has implemented the IconDarkening file into the icons themselves. It simply takes the dimensions of the icon image file, reduce the scale slightly (adding a little blur effect) and covers the icon. This is for the icons in the "Icons" (summerboard mode) anyways. I have searched long and hard for a solution but with no luck.

    But from what I can see so far (and the possibilities my mind imagines knowing your previous work and this idea) I have to say this will be AMAZING. Looking forward to seeing more screenies!! =]

    Oh and I was just thinking, maybe you could have sections to the town (either default or as an additional option). Say a park in the town so you can have the photos app or what ever in the park and maybe the phone/mail/messages app(s) in a built up area with say a communications tower to the side. Or MAYBE (geeez the creative juices keep flowing) you could set up a perpage wallpaper (using perpagehtml) of different areas to ONE city. So it's like a panoramic of a single city. You can have the main build up city on the first page with the main apps like phone, messages extra then have a road (maybe like a little bus stop with a sign to "theme park" or whatever) and then have the second page continue to a theme park where people can place their games applications. Then next you can have a industry section with a jail area for the "jailbroken" apps like cydia and that. AHHH you inspire me lol. And this works the same for the widgets, on the first page with the main city area you can have a clock tower or something that has a clock widget on it and when you press it you go into the clock app. I understand you want the theme to be fully flexible, in that the user selects everything (and fully agree with this), so I would be very interested to see how you go with this. You could also try fiddling with Wynd's "in front of the icons" mod or whatever it's called you have parts of the wallpapers overlapping the icons for a more 3d look (haven't tried anything like that but if widgets can go over it then I'm sure a html linked wallpaper could).

    So yeh.... lol.... sorry for the ear full =P. I'm just really excited for this theme! I can't wait to see what you do with this and I hope you consider some of the stuff I said (otherwise I will go off and do it... grrr no time though hahaha).
    You can easily get rid of that shadow - on 4.1 at least (not sure about 4.2.1).
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  13. #49
    I don't think it matters if the icon turns dark when clicking on it.
    4.1 uses a graphic file but as unoimkll says 4.2.1 uses the icon itself.

    I'm keen to see if Apple keep the WallpaperIconShadow in 4.3 as this gives a lot of extra scope to the possibilities with this theme.

  14. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    You can easily get rid of that shadow - on 4.1 at least (not sure about 4.2.1).
    Yeh 4.1 is all dandy for themers but Apple decided to be a ***** in 4.2.1. I genuinely believe some of apples changes were simply to piss off jailbreakers. >.<

  15. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    Yeh 4.1 is all dandy for themers but Apple decided to be a ***** in 4.2.1. I genuinely believe some of apples changes were simply to piss off jailbreakers. >.<
    Definatley. The fact that they've started really hiding some of the new features of the OS artwork like that damn Facetime icon on the phone pad when calling someone! Where the **** is that?!!!

    I think it may get more and more difficult for us in the future.

  16. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny79 View Post
    @unoimkll

    haha, I'm glad you're so excited by it all.

    It's been something I've wanted to put together for nearly 2 years now but haven't had the time.

    All of your suggestions are great, the panoramic was my first idea on this but there's endless possibilities. The different sections of the city are a good idea, I like the theme park for games.

    This will be as flexible as possible. I'd like the option of widget behind and in front of the icons. Definitely going to need some live weather in front of the buildings.

    I prefer a one page springboard for my day to day use with folders in the dock and my main apps above. I've already thought of how this could work too. The background would have a cliff where the dock starts (edge of the world type of thing). Folders would be little floating islands in the sky off the edge of the cliff, then (using FolderEnhancer backgrounds) when you open the folder, a new world opens up!! It would be great if FolderEnhancer gained the ability to use different backgrounds for different folders. This way you could create a really dynamic world!

    I'll throw some rough screenshots together tonight to illustrate what I mean.

    266 Metropolis. The people are gathering...!!
    I like the idea of the cliff and the islands (though I feel that floating islands would take away from the whole "metropolis" feel by adding that surreal element).

    BUT PLEASE PLEASE give us the OPTION of single page or multipage. I personally HATE having nearly a hundred icons in one folder (even if I can have sub folders) - again all about flexibility .

    I was also thinking AND THIS WILL DEADSET MAKE THIS THEME "BEST THEME TO DATE" is if you could have an animated wallpaper/widget (even multiple ones that could change the loop times - shouldn't be hard) that had:
    - mini cars going through the streets (maybe a police car with its sirens on from time to time - you could use the multi-animated wallpaper idea here),
    - people subtly moving (not a lot because it will look silly as a loop, but just moving to one spot then a bit later move to another spot and s on),
    - planes that play over the metropolis,
    - birds (like the flying V) aslo fly over,
    - trees swaying in the park to give a realism factor

    AND SO ON.

    WHAT DO YOU THINK??

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

    GaN-MaN (03-08-2011)

  18. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post

    BUT PLEASE PLEASE give us the OPTION of single page or multipage. I personally HATE having nearly a hundred icons in one folder (even if I can have sub folders) - again all about flexibility .

    Definitely! It's all about flexibility!

    Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    I was also thinking AND THIS WILL DEADSET MAKE THIS THEME "BEST THEME TO DATE" is if you could have an animated wallpaper/widget (even multiple ones that could change the loop times - shouldn't be hard) that had:
    - mini cars going through the streets (maybe a police car with its sirens on from time to time - you could use the multi-animated wallpaper idea here),
    - people subtly moving (not a lot because it will look silly as a loop, but just moving to one spot then a bit later move to another spot and s on),
    - planes that play over the metropolis,
    - birds (like the flying V) aslo fly over,
    - trees swaying in the park to give a realism factor

    AND SO ON.

    WHAT DO YOU THINK??
    That's the top end of the idea that I've always wanted this to be.
    With html 5 & javascript all of this is possible.

    I even want the sun to rise in the morning and it turn to night in the evening based on the users location!

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonny79 For This Useful Post:

    GaN-MaN (03-08-2011), unoimkll (03-08-2011)

  20. #54
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    I like the idea of the cliff and the islands (though I feel that floating islands would take away from the whole "metropolis" feel by adding that surreal element).

    BUT PLEASE PLEASE give us the OPTION of single page or multipage. I personally HATE having nearly a hundred icons in one folder (even if I can have sub folders) - again all about flexibility .

    I was also thinking AND THIS WILL DEADSET MAKE THIS THEME "BEST THEME TO DATE" is if you could have an animated wallpaper/widget (even multiple ones that could change the loop times - shouldn't be hard) that had:
    - mini cars going through the streets (maybe a police car with its sirens on from time to time - you could use the multi-animated wallpaper idea here),
    - people subtly moving (not a lot because it will look silly as a loop, but just moving to one spot then a bit later move to another spot and s on),
    - planes that play over the metropolis,
    - birds (like the flying V) aslo fly over,
    - trees swaying in the park to give a realism factor

    AND SO ON.

    WHAT DO YOU THINK??
    I think all that sounds incredible!
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

    GaN-MaN (03-08-2011), unoimkll (03-08-2011)

  22. #55
    Damn it, this makes me want to only work on this!!

    Unfortunately my clients may not be too happy if I did. 9.20am in UK and I should really get on with client work... back to this tonight!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to jonny79 For This Useful Post:

    unoimkll (03-08-2011)

  24. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny79 View Post
    Definitely! It's all about flexibility!



    That's the top end of the idea that I've always wanted this to be.
    With html 5 & javascript all of this is possible.

    I even want the sun to rise in the morning and it turn to night in the evening based on the users location!
    YES YES YES

    Now to watch the new family guy ep WOOT

  25. #57
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny79 View Post
    Damn it, this makes me want to only work on this!!

    Unfortunately my clients may not be too happy if I did. 9.20am in UK and I should really get on with client work... back to this tonight!
    Dude, just tell your clients what you're working on and they'll understand. Maybe one or two of them are MMI members? LOL
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  26. #58

  27. #59
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,377
    Thanks
    3,954
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

    OK, this is the roughest mock-up in the history of mockups (it took me about 10 mintues) but it illustrates that larger icons in the form of buildings etc can and will work with this. The 5 buildings on that springboard are all different apps and the wallpaper is the roughest cut of simcity background ever. I think if this is done properly with animated sb widgets showing traffic and animated weather this will be AMAZING!! You could also have your animated SB have more people around during the working day and when night comes the lights come on the buildings and lights on cars come on etc.. A game changer.

    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

  28. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    totes needs to be done eBoy style!!! That would be AMAZING!!!!!!!! pixelized buildings and little cars all around, sweetness! Graphics could look super crisp and still very minimalistic. (just thinking about it in my head, have no idea of the actuall work that goes into making a theme! Im sure its very time consuming!)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •