+ Reply
Page 111 of 222 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4427

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Dreamboard] Buuf∞ iOS5 [release]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by lzhihao Hi wanna check is the Buuf ∞ Icon Update 3_30_2011 links down? sorry about that! yes - it was down!! [I had linked to a modmyi
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lzhihao View Post
    Hi wanna check is the Buuf ∞ Icon Update 3_30_2011 links down?
    sorry about that! yes - it was down!! [I had linked to a modmyi attachment for that pack for some reason - perhaps MMi's recent site upgrade changed links or something?] anyway - it's now fixed on the wiki [it's now a mediafire link] click here for the Buuf Infinity Icon Pack [through 3_30_2011] Release1 Beta2

PS - I am almost done packing up our more recent icons and I've started adding them to our original icon pack and the update pack, renaming them and testing them as best I can - so I will upload a full set of buuf infinity icons hopefully tonight - I also made a few more icons and made a few changes to a few of our older ones... [still not too many - in total, I think around 150 ]

I may not finish the new icon pack until tomorrow.

I also started writing a long response to Doreen - I know how much she loves those!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!!!! U're the great!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    I also made a few more icons and made a few changes to a few of our older ones... [still not too many - in total, I think around 150 ]

I may not finish the new icon pack until tomorrow.

I also started writing a long response to Doreen - I know how much she loves those!
    hehe! Noooo whitebelt I'm way too tired to be beaten up by your long post! (And I'm very tired from my day)

You already know how we feel. And the reason you only have 150 icons for your theme is the very point of my flipping out over this issue. You have not spend the time it takes to create over 1500 icons like we have it takes months and months of hard work to create them and it is very difficult to be creative to match the apps. In due time you will have hundreds but to think you have a right to take our hard work is really upsetting to us. However now that you know the hard work it takes first hand trying to create your own Buuf theme for ppl you should understand and respect our feelings. As we would never take your work okay.

Have a good evening (I'm completely tired from my day and too tired to argue this point any further tonight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Thank's pisquito but right now I just got home and read this forum and I feel like throwing up. It sickens me to death that though me and Stereo have worked our behinds off since August of last year creating this theme spending countless hours of work to accommodate the request of individuals both here and by private email around the clock. I cannot even count the two faced ppl that are now over in the other thread but still have the audacity to come to me by private email (away from the forum where nobody can see) how much they ask of me to help them w/ free custom work and 50 million questions that they need help with and I was stupid enough to do it. I used to love theming it was a way to relax and enjoy helping ppl customize their phones but now it makes me sick that ppl don't have respect for the hard work that is required to assist ppl day and night both in the forums and privately to theme "their" phones not mine but theirs! I cannot believe this!
    Common sense ppl have some respect! I would never even suggest that I would go take gadezu and whitebelts hard work without their Blessing and their personal permission "never" and still whitebelt keeps playing this game w/ us over here...

It is "these threats and remarks" that are totally disrespectful one minute you mind your own business and the next minute you make post where you try to egg ppl on to tell you to ignore Stereo's request? Are you looking for some backup? What in the world is wrong w/ you? How many times are we going to tell you we are not giving you permission to take our hard work (and we would never think of taking yours) because we do have respect for the time it takes to create these themes "Period"

By the way "Thank you again sjbtax" your hard work never goes unappreciated or unnoticed over here.
    "Thank you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    mrpresto it had nothing to do w/ you it was whitebelt's comment that so called made me flip out?

He keeps searching for some backup to do the dirty deed. And if you spent hours and days and months working to fulfill everyones request under the sun and then someone wanted to simply come take your work (when you told them not to) I think you might flip out too if it was against your will right?

I never ignored your request in our thread but because I do have a life I did not see it because when I come home from a long day at work I'm not as alert. (your image did not even post as I informed you so that I could assist you)

Thanks alot it really feels great when you read this stuff after you've been trying to assist them...
    Mr presto and everyone else should not need to care about and research the history of who made what Buuf icon or Buuf ui element. This is part of the point of the creative commons license (read below)... All you need to know is that if you distribute anything Buuf you need to give mattahan credit if it contains mattahan's Buuf art (because of our rules on our wiki and our first post here - it is understood and assumed that mattahan gets credit for everything here! So there is no need to mention it with every post)

No one is denying that Doreen and stereo89 put in a lot of hard work (and excellent work!) but this is not some regular copyright!! Think of all of the hard work that mattahan put in to the Buuf set! Now realize that he offers all of it for free. Mattahan says that anyone can make changes and repackage buuf however they want to. The only rules are that you can't sell it and you must allow others the same freedom to modify and redistribute. Doreen is disrespecting the whole idea of buuf by trying to break the only two rules that apply!!

No one is trying to steal anything nor take credit for anything that anyone else made or even modified. why don't you understand this? for example: if somebody makes an android buuf theme and uses an icon that is in buuf infinity - why would we care???* that would be cool!!* as long as they give mattahan credit [and we would love a mention too!!] why in the world would we care? I mean seriously - we used free art to make them!* sure - a lot of time is spent making this stuff. I don't think you would disagree that clearly I too spend A LOT of time and energy and creativity into the many buuf creations that I create and share and troubleshoot….* revisions. feedback. research. testing. etc. it takes lots of time and energy. but ultimateley it includes art that I got for free under the creative commons share alike license and I understand [and really like the fact] that anyone can reuse it. I am happy to always provide my photoshop PSDs, or any advice or help in furthering to improve Buuf.

IF something someone wants to post is an image that does NOT contain buuf images and therefore it is someone else's original creation [other than mattahan]- [and nearly nothing I've ever seen posted on any Buuf forums are ever original creations except for the original app artwork by the original app developer which is usually and perhaps wrongfully ignored by myself as well], then you should give the artist credit or depending on the content you need to first ask permission.

Part of the idea of creative commons share alike artwork is that anyone can make changes to the originals and then someone else can take it and make more changes and so on. Anyone can then repost these derivatives. With this special case artwork - no one needs to worry about who made what - it's only important that the original artist get credit- in our case that person is always mattahan. This being said: it is always nice and common courtesy to thank or mention the people that helped make the versions that came before yours but it is not required.

Some people may make other demands regarding the use of their Buuf modifications and *derivatives but you can just ignore those demands because the only rules that apply are those rules put forth by mattahan and the creative commons license he attached to his Buuf art set.

Unlike with many other creations : we are all totally free to use any Buuf artwork in any way we want to, as long as it's for non commercial use (it is so ironic that the only person violating the license is Doreen by charging money for some of her buuf themes. Doreen claims to have mattahan's blessing on this - I actually didn't believe that - in fact I asked mattahan and he said that he may have "accidentally" told Doreen it was ok - I am certain that he did not realize that she was "demanding" a donation as opposed to "accepting" a donation for some of her buuf themes- Doreen please prove me wrong on this or please stop charging money for Buuf)

Mr presto- You did nothing wrong- as Doreen stated it was my response that made her "flip out"... But I just reread that response and I really believe I was demonstrating respect for Doreen and stereo by asking you not to post it here but rather to pm me. Doreen- I guess you just didn't like the longer explanation I gave? Next time I will just tell people to go ahead and post it. It is Doreen that should feel guilty for still not reading the license and understanding about the freedoms afforded to all of us (including to Doreen) because of mattahan's work and his license. They go hand in hand and it's not mumbo jumbo.

Here is some interesting reading on this topic for anyone that actually reads and wants to do a bit of research :

Here is the license that mattahan includes with his buuf artwork*(really pretty easy to read and understand):

Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic — CC BY-NC-SA 2.5

Important part:

Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

(meaning that you must continue to allow others to "share-alike" and remodify or improve or change your work/derivative, and then you must allow them to redistribute the work- just like the original artist's rules)

Here is some slightly more difficult reading on this topic:

https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8213

I really suggest reading that website and reading about the creative commons share-alike non-commercial license that mattahan/Paul Davey chose for buuf and all of it's derivatives...

Buuf is not like some other copyrighted works! The reason we are ALL here working on buuf themes is because this awesome artwork was released under a special license that ensures the freedom of buuf and it's derivatives. *The least that people can so is to read and respect this license!!

Summary:

The fact that people spend a lot of time (and creativity) modifying mattahan's art, does not give people the right to restrict the use of any distributed buuf derivatives. All that is required is to give credit to mattahan. It would be common courtesy (although not required) to also give credit to those that helped adapt or modify the original work.

A few key excerpts from the above link:

• the freedom to use the work and enjoy the benefits of using it
    • the freedom to study the work and to apply knowledge acquired from it
    • the freedom to make and redistribute copies, in whole or in part, of the information or expression
    • the freedom to make changes and improvements, and to distribute derivative works

... the ShareAlike requirement becomes active when an adaptation of a licensed work is distributed.

...All versions and ports of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licenses MUST satisfy the definition of a Free Cultural License set out in the Definition of Free Cultural Works.

...For its content licenses, Creative Commons calls the copyleft requirement ShareAlike. This requirement protects the freedoms of all users by requiring that adaptations of works licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike to also be distributed under an Attribution-ShareAlike license,

"...In other words, if you make a derivative work based on the Share Alike-licensed work, you must release it under the same terms under which the original was released, either using the appropriate CC license or an approved compatible license. As of this writing, CC has not approved any licenses for compatibility, so for all intents and purposes, the Share Alike license requires you to license derivative works under a CC license. If you cannot apply the appropriate license to your derivative work, or do not wish to, then you usually shouldn’t adapt Share Alike-licensed works."

...When a copyleft license is widely used, it not only protects essential freedoms for all users, it fosters the spread of those freedoms. This occurs when people who may not know or care about Freedom as understood by the Free Software movement, but merely wish to use works that happen to be Free, release adaptations under a Free license in order to fulfill the requirements of the license.

...While every work that expands the universe of Free or Libre content is important, Free licenses play an especially crucial role for works with many collaborators. Unless each collaborator agrees to contribute under the terms of a Free license, the work rapidly becomes unusable by anyone, as past contributors must either be tracked down, or their contributions excised, before the work may be distributed or built upon (except as permitted by fair use and other limitations on copyright).

(that last quote there is just demonstrating a "what-if"... Luckily buuf does not have separate licenses - only the creative commons share alike license.)

When you spend time making and then distributing buuf images and you use mattahan's totally free images to make them - you must release them with the same rules and the same freedoms that mattahan released them with.

I just can't understand how you think that you can take someone's unbelievable and totally free artwork set, make some changes [that yes: take lots of time and creativity] and then try to restrict its use! If it was originally restricted [by mattahan] you wouldn't be using it 2-3 hours per night to unwind and none of us would be enjoying buuf at all!! Why would you try to deprive other people of this when mattahan didn't deprive YOU and he specifically chose a license that allows people to keep on working on his work and all derivatives…** DOREEN IT IS SO CLEAR!!!

once again doreen - you speak of common sense… please stop relying on your common sense to understand the creative commons license. just read it. Because clearly you either have no common sense or you just don't understand that it doesn't apply in the way you think it does.

Ps- Doreen- obviously, you don't need our personal permission to use anything from Buuf ∞ Infinity (I'll give it to you though if you want it) -- anyone may use anything Buuf that we post in Buuf infinity for any non commercial purpose!! (we'd appreciate a mention and of course: always give credit to mattahan)
    Last edited by whitebelt; 05-26-2011 at 11:54 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

alexeiei (05-27-2011), BlueG6o (05-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helenkeleronyay View Post
    Nice.

Could you also make a matching SMS background using the same background?
    That would be sweet.
    IS this what you want? please let me know if you'd like something different...

I also made some folder enhancer backgrounds... [I didn't test these nor the SMS background - let me know if they are ok or if you want something different]

A few more icons when possible..

App Name - Homescreen Display
    Reckless Racing - Reckless Racing
    MetalStorm Online - MetalStorm
    Labyrinth 2 - Labyrinth2
    Redbox - redbox

Could you do these with a squared background that you have done before.

Thanks

ICONS

As always everyone - Please let me know which version is your favorite or please make a suggestion for improvement.

[ps - I will try to get to labyrinth soon - but I keep getting side tracked - I will try to post the full buuf infinity icon pack tonight as a theme]

Reckess Racing

redbox

MetalStorm

@Runt made us a few ImageShack icons - THANKS! what do you guys think about this version? I put the frog in the AWESOME ice cube that gadezu made from mattahan's emoticon dice!

ImageShack

IM+ & IM+ Pro [Here's another version - is this better than the one I posted the other day?]

Bible & Holy Bible & KJV-Bible [can someone please confirm these names - and let me know if there are others that would work for these as well]

Last edited by whitebelt; 05-27-2011 at 10:13 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

helenkeleronyay (05-27-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone helenkeleronyay's Avatar
    Thanks

Reckess Racing

redbox

MetalStorm

These are the ones I vote for.

The SMS backround does not seemed to be sized correctly.
    Last edited by helenkeleronyay; 05-27-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    "A O Yayo"

Yayerrr

9. The Following User Says Thank You to helenkeleronyay For This Useful Post:

Mimh (05-28-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This probably has been answered before but I can't find it. I need some help getting my icons all set up. I have the theme that has all the extra icons and I have moved them into the Icon section of the buuf theme im using but its not making the change when I respring. What am I missing? Example I moved the MLB.tv, Plant vs Zombies and Soundhound icons into that folder but nothing changed. They also dont change when i selected additional icons on my winterboard.

Thank you!

Also is there a Netflix icon any where?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenkeleronyay For This Useful Post:

alexeiei (05-27-2011), whitebelt (05-27-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Where can I find the correct app name to make sure it matches my icon name?

I found this post on a way earlier page and was following these instructions.

Save the icon image from the forum using safari download manager (open the image in a new tab first)
    Using iFile move the icon to the Icons folder of your theme.
    Rename the icon [email protected]
    Create an empty file in iFile (press the plus sign and choose regular file instead of directory)
    Name the empty file NameOfYourApp.png

Thanks

These are the ones I vote for.

The SMS backround does not seemed to be sized correctly.
    yeah I see that now - sorry, I just tested it - I'm now playing with different ideas for the SMS background [it's a tricky spatial reasoning/photoshop challenge because both the portrait and landscape background share the same 960x960 image file! ]

Quote Originally Posted by brittonzfor1 View Post
    Where can I find the correct app name to make sure it matches my icon name?

I found this post on a way earlier page and was following these instructions.

Save the icon image from the forum using safari download manager (open the image in a new tab first)
    Using iFile move the icon to the Icons folder of your theme.
    Rename the icon [email protected]
    Create an empty file in iFile (press the plus sign and choose regular file instead of directory)
    Name the empty file NameOfYourApp.png
    the correct app name is the name as it appears on your homescreen/springboard [the name/label that shows under the icon or in your device's spotlight search - be sure to copy the name PRECISELY as it appears]

Example:

these are wrong:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    you [email protected]

It must be:

[email protected]

because that it is the way it is spelled on the homescreen.

and you must also have in your icons folder:

YouTube.png

another example:

For the app What's On - you must have two files in your Icons folder named precisely like this:

What's On?@2x.png

&

What's On?.png

not
    [email protected]
    Whats ON?@2x.png
    What's [email protected]
    What's On? @2x.png

You shouldn't need to search through the 140 something pages of this forum to find most answers... I have put together a wiki which is linked to in the first post of this thread .... if this was not easy to find please help me make this easier for everyone

here is the relevant page ... http://buufinfinity.wikispaces.com/H...nge+Your+Icons ]

.... PLEASE CHECK OUT THE WIKI!!

here are the directions on our wiki. [if this is not helpful or you are still having trouble please let us know... let's help the next person avoid any trouble too!]

How To Change Your Icons:

We highly recommend iFile: with it you can do all of this easily right from your iDevice... [or you can ssh from your computer]

* If you want to download icons posted on the forum, make sure you right click on the icon to open a new tab/window and THEN download the image.

* Place the icon in the Icons folder inside of

/var/stash/Themes.xxxx/Buuf∞ Icons HD.theme

* Rename the icon to:

[email protected]

* You will also need to create an empty file [a 0kb file] in your icons folder named:

TheNameOfTheApp.png

The easiest way to create an empty file is to duplicate one of the empty files already inside of the Buuf∞Icons folder.

[you may also simply use a duplicate of the icon itself - just be sure to have both the @2x.png and the .png files for each app]
    Last edited by whitebelt; 05-27-2011 at 12:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Icons
    [Dreamboard] Buuf∞ iOS5 [release]-photo-1.png[Dreamboard] Buuf∞ iOS5 [release]-photo-2.png[Dreamboard] Buuf∞ iOS5 [release]-photo-3.png

Im attaching pics, what did I do wrong?

Thanks

Attachment 527007Attachment 527008Attachment 527009

Im attaching pics, what did I do wrong?

A couple things I notice...

1) follow what helenkeleronya just posted before me - and be sure to be careful for all of your app spellings/punctuation/capitalization.... Rename all of those apps with an @2x as described in my previous post

2) it appears that the icons you are finding and trying to use are from the older buuf2 theme - those icons are 64x64 - if you are on a retina device you want 128x128 (what device do you have?)

3) it makes it so much easier to theme if you use the paid version of iFile- you'll be able to see the thumbnails (but be aware that strange things happen when you have an @2x.png and .png version- they will both appear as the @2x image in the thumbnail even when they are different images or even if one is just an empty file)

Also - when you get the icon for plants vs zombies (PvZ) to change- will you please confirm for us if the app actually works and loads correctly. I remember that (very strangley) most of the popcap games do not work if you change the icon using the bundle method - I THINK you'll be fine if you use the Icon folder as you are doing- but please confirm if it works... Thanks!!
    Last edited by whitebelt; 05-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is not a space between the 11 and the @, it might look like it but I just went in to double check. I have a Iphone 3gs by the way, not a 4. So besides the space that is not a space, looking at my earlier images what could be wrong?

And thank you so much for all the help!

Also what did you mean the paid version of iFile? because i did pay for it.....

Thanks

There is not a space between the 11 and the @, it might look like it but I just went in to double check. I have a Iphone 3gs by the way, not a 4. So besides the space that is not a space, looking at my earlier images what could be wrong?

And thank you so much for all the help!

Also what did you mean the paid version of iFile? because i did pay for it.....
    Oh! On non retina (SD) devices, you do not need the @2x images nor the empty files nor any duplicates etc. (I should definitely make this clear in the instructions- sorry!)

So simply make sure you have one file for each app in your Icons folder. Name each one "exactly as it appears on the homescreen".png

64x64 images.

Make sure SummerBoard mode is turned on in winterboard.

For iFile- oh, ok- good! So I suggest doing this...

Last edited by whitebelt; 05-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Victory!!!

Ok I got that to work, Thank you!

Also I had thumbnails on but my thumbnail limit was set to 10, i put it at 1000000 like you had and it changed the look.

By the way I was able to update my plant vs zombie Icon and the game works, I know you mentioned that to me earlier.

Thanks again!

By the way, do we have a Netflix Icon to use?

Thanks

Victory!!!

Ok I got that to work, Thank you!

Also I had thumbnails on but my thumbnail limit was set to 10, i put it at 1000000 like you had and it changed the look.

By the way I was able to update my plant vs zombie Icon and the game works, I know you mentioned that to me earlier.

Thanks again!

By the way, do we have a Netflix Icon to use?
    I'm glad you got it working!

Sorry but no there is not a netflix Buuf∞Infinity icon yet - but it's on my todo list and I will make one soon [if someone doesn't beat me to it] [next week]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I know this is the Buuf∞Infinity forum but do you also do the 24 hour buuf theme? I been using that as my background all though I run Buuf∞Infinity, BabaBuufery, Buuf2 iOS as well. I combined them and use pieces of each one. Are they all done by you guys or are different buuf's different people?

Thanks

So I know this is the Buuf∞Infinity forum but do you also do the 24 hour buuf theme? I been using that as my background all though I run Buuf∞Infinity, BabaBuufery, Buuf2 iOS as well. I combined them and use pieces of each one. Are they all done by you guys or are different buuf's different people?
    those are all different themes by different people...

please try our Buuf ∞ widgets here: [they do change wallpapers along with the time, and they animate along with your local weather] [new public beta version coming soon]

http://buufinfinity.wikispaces.com/Downloads+-+Widgets

and you may also like to try the Buuf ∞ Infinity Weather Elements beta3 theme here -

http://buufinfinity.wikispaces.com/B...Elements+BETA3

[there are some screenshots on the beta1 page of the wiki]

enjoy!

stay tuned!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

OK everyone.... Here is a "theme" with all of the Buuf ∞ Infinity icons to date (if I missed any please let me know!!)

Please try this icon pack and go through the files and tell me:

1) are all of the icons that I've included actually working? Do any names need to be changed?

2) I included some alternative versions. Are any of them better than the one that I made active? (most of the versions we posted on this forum are included) Do you have a suggestion for an improvement or an altogether different looking icon?

I will try to be more detailed about the changes I made and I'll make some notes about "same-named" apps etc. I'll post this info and these icons on the wiki after everyone helps me properly name them.

I will have very little time this weekend (especially with a computer)

∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞

Click here to download all of the Buuf ∞ Infinity Icons through 5_26_2011...

∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞ ∞∞∞∞∞

Copy this to your themes folder.

In winterboard, place this theme above your other themes and make sure SummerBoard mode is turned on. Activate and respring. Enjoy and give feedback.

This theme should work with both SD and HD devices and on all firmware versions.

If you have other icons in other themes you can keep those themes active as well [themes above other themes in winterboard get priority - so place this new icon pack on top ]

You may disable any of our other icon update packs or the icon themes included with our main theme from here or from cydia. This pack replaces all of our other icon packs.

If you have other icons in those themes I suggest making a new "theme" for your icons - this way when we make these updates your icons are not affected

see this pages for more info...

http://buufinfinity.wikispaces.com/H...nge+Your+Icons
    Last edited by whitebelt; 05-27-2011 at 05:15 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

Mimh (05-28-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mrpresto's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple things I notice...

1) follow what helenkeleronya just posted before me - and be sure to be careful for all of your app spellings/punctuation/capitalization.... Rename all of those apps with an @2x as described in my previous post

2) it appears that the icons you are finding and trying to use are from the older buuf2 theme - those icons are 64x64 - if you are on a retina device you want 128x128 (what device do you have?)

3) it makes it so much easier to theme if you use the paid version of iFile- you'll be able to see the thumbnails (but be aware that strange things happen when you have an @2x.png and .png version- they will both appear as the @2x image in the thumbnail even when they are different images or even if one is just an empty file)

Also - when you get the icon for plants vs zombies (PvZ) to change- will you please confirm for us if the app actually works and loads correctly. I remember that (very strangley) most of the popcap games do not work if you change the icon using the bundle method - I THINK you'll be fine if you use the Icon folder as you are doing- but please confirm if it works... Thanks!!
    popcap gams DO NOT WORK if you change the icon or even the name of the app