Page 142 of 172 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132140141142143144 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3423

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Mods] OS7 - w/Live Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by yourenemysfrend View Post
    I created a generic info.plist and Tile.html file to add to each folder. This way, in the Tile.html file you can change the background color using the hex color codes. Just to be safe, I always rename my original info.plist before I replace it with the new one.
    how do i add a background to each tile@2x? do i just go and move a background from the first page of this thread and name it tileoverlay?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Yeah 3Gs are totally outdated. Apple actually has forgotten about them and I hope you get your 3GS back if you havent already
    Probably won't get the 3GS back. Might be lucky enough to get an iphone 4 though. Have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    the tiles overlay is for all of them.. If you go into each individual bundle and give the tile a background they will all be different.. like this.
    how do i give them each a background do i actually go into gimp and put one on the tile? or do i just put a background from page one of the thread and name it background?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crystina Stafford View Post
    how do i give them each a background do i actually go into gimp and put one on the tile? or do i just put a background from page one of the thread and name it background?
    You have to give the individual tile a background.. if you use one of the tiles from the first page it will change them all

You have to give the individual tile a background.. if you use one of the tiles from the first page it will change them all
    how do i give them each an individual one?

Thanks

The icons packed with this theme have a transparent background.. So you can use your favorite photo editor to give it a background. Then that tile will be a different color than the rest of them.. I gave my icons a colored transparent background. I hope it makes sense
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tile@2x.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	524438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tile@2x1.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	524439  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

69andreaTaxi (08-12-2011)

What photo editor would you recommend? I can't seem to give the tiles a background on gimp..

Thanks

What photo editor would you recommend? I can't seem to give the tiles a background on gimp..
    I personally use photoshop I have never used gimp, although I am trying to learn it today..

how do i add a background to each tile@2x? do i just go and move a background from the first page of this thread and name it tileoverlay?
    In the Tile.html file, there's some HTML where it says (body bg="#999999") - Just change the numbers to whatever color you want. To find the number/color, just google HTML Hex Codes.

This way requires no editing of the tiles, it just uses HTML to color them.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

In the Tile.html file, there's some HTML where it says (body bg="#999999") - Just change the numbers to whatever color you want. To find the number/color, just google HTML Hex Codes.

This way requires no editing of the tiles, it just uses HTML to color them.

Hope that makes sense.
    This is way easier!

Just change the numbers in the red circle.

This is assuming you copied the two files I posted into the desired bundle's folder.

All of this can be done from your phone, using Dropbox and iFile. Download the .zip I posted earlier, put it in Dropbox (assuming you have DB), and then open the zip with iFile on your phone. Then you can copy the info.plist and Tile.html into the Bundle who's background you want to change, and then set the color you want! Then respring or unpin/pin the tile you just edited and it will be changed.

Name:	Photo May 20, 10 29 28 AM 2.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	524444  

Thank you both so very much ! (:

This is way easier!
    Yeah, I wanted a solution where everything could be done on the phone, and not need another program (like to edit background photos). I was doing all this while at work, so I needed to improvise.

Thank you both so very much ! (:
    You're welcome!
    Last edited by yourenemysfrend; 05-20-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This is assuming you copied the two files I posted into the desired bundle's folder.

All of this can be done from your phone, using Dropbox and iFile. Download the .zip I posted earlier, put it in Dropbox (assuming you have DB), and then open the zip with iFile on your phone. Then you can copy the info.plist and Tile.html into the Bundle who's background you want to change, and then set the color you want! Then respring or unpin/pin the tile you just edited and it will be changed.
    I wish we had hex codes for transparent colors, but this is an easier way to change the background tiles.

okay, whats dropbox?
    and do i delete the original plist?
    oh and do i put both in the info.plist and tile.html into every different one?

I created a generic info.plist and Tile.html file to add to each folder. This way, in the Tile.html file you can change the background color using the hex color codes. Just to be safe, I always rename my original info.plist before I replace it with the new one.
    i downloaded the plist you attached but when I change the color numbers it just turns my tile black again..
    Last edited by Crystina Stafford; 05-20-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does anyone have a basic mobile sms tile i still never was able to get one to work. please and thankyou

also i downloaded 360 live in order to use that dope xbox live tile but i couldnt get it to work. am i using the wrong app for it or is there something i need to do to the file? please help i really want that tile
    Last edited by diamondlace; 05-20-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do I uninstall this properly, because now I got a black homescreen but I can swipe to the left and at least see the application drawer (OS7 still running even tho I uninstalled BackBoard and removed the theme from User/Library)

Quote Originally Posted by xephyrrr
    How do I uninstall this properly, because now I got a black homescreen but I can swipe to the left and at least see the application drawer (OS7 still running even tho I uninstalled BackBoard and removed the theme from User/Library)
    Disable the OS7 MS.

Sbsettings > more > mobile substrate addon >

In this list will be an OS7 on. Turn it off.

Pii

okay, whats dropbox?
    and do i delete the original plist?
    oh and do i put both in the info.plist and tile.html into every different one?

i downloaded the plist you attached but when I change the color numbers it just turns my tile black again..
    Dropbox is free (or paid if you want) cloud storage. Sign up at the website (Dropbox - Simplify your life) and there's also an app in the app store for it.

Just rename the original plist. For simplicity's sake, I always just add "og" to the file extension. That way it's quick and easy to add/delete.

Yes, you place both files into each bundle that you want to change the background for.

IMPORTANT: It just occurred to me that this is only for tiles that are not active - if they are active, they will already have a Tile.html file, which you can just add the HTML for bg color to in the <body> section.

If you have trouble, just compare info.plist files from other bundles - if you only want to add this function to the existing .plist, just pick and choose what you want. Comparing the code will help you understand what you're doing.

Name:	Photo May 20, 4 30 57 PM.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	524526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo May 20, 4 31 13 PM.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	524527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo May 20, 4 31 26 PM.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	524528  

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlace View Post
    does anyone have a basic mobile sms tile i still never was able to get one to work. please and thankyou
    It's in the "OS7 Icon Bonanza" Pack, but here ya go anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 142 of 172 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132140141142143144 152 ... LastLast