Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 20 606869707172 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Now you have access to an iPhone Jay, will there be a carrier image coming? The Zeppelin tweak is good for not having to rename folders due to different carriers and it's only three images. Technically one x3.

I'm not aware of what Zeppelin is - I'll look into it

Ok, I did a quick test of a Neurotech Zeppelin theme: works flawlessly.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Making a Zeppelin theme is super easy, but what to make? I guess I could just do some... design, or something. Any ideas?

How about an AndroidlockXT neurotech theme? The documentation on how to make one is included with AndroidlockXT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Making a Zeppelin theme is super easy, but what to make? I guess I could just do some... design, or something. Any ideas?
    No clue. But I know it's going to be amazing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-11-2012)

Default How To Make Custom Neurotech Icons!
    Hey guys, make your own Neurotech glowy icons! After comparing the original version to the Photoshop method (which I detail in this tutorial), I think the Photoshop version may be better! Of course, there are still advantages to using 3D so I'll stick with that. Oh, and I've never made a tutorial before - they're really kinda hard to make!

You can download a PDF version of the tutorial here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ue2dg4n9adhu880

How to find Folder and Icon names:

*I use iFile mostly - you can also use AppInfo on Cydia, but it fails to locate icon names a lot.*

The icon name: To get the name of the icon you need to find the app folder. Apps from the AppStore are found in /var/mobile/Applications. Apps from Cydia are located in /var/stash/Applications.

Open the corresponding app folder and find the folder that is a .app folder. For example: AngryBirds.app

In this folder you can find the icon png. You'll need the name of the icon for the iPhone 4, which usually ends in @2x ([email protected] is the most common - if @2x isn't there, it may just be named icon.png or Icon.png)

Important: You'll need the name of the icon file EXACTLY as it's spelled, capital letters, dashes, etc., exactly or it won't work.

The BundleIdentifier: This one takes a little more sleuthing. Inside the .app folder, the same place the icons are located, is a file called info.plist.

In iFile, open this info.plist file and in it you'll find a line that says:

Code:
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    Underneath this line you'll find the information you need. Usually it starts with "com."

For Angry Birds it's com.clickgamer.AngryBirds

Like the icon, this must be spelled perfectly, with the capital letters, dots, etc. It may not start with "com.", but it's ALWAYS the string below the CFBundleIdentifier string.

And lastly, this is the "WinterBoard" way of theming icons, as opposed to the old Summerboard way where you make a folder called icons. The new WinterBoard way is far more efficient, and is the way that it will be done in most themes moving forward.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-17-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Updated Tutorial to v1-1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Chaingun (02-11-2012)

Thanks

Nice I may guve this a try someday. I have no experience with themes or photoshop
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Awesome jahooba do you have a file with all the icons all ready made ?

Yeah it's called Neurotech HD you can find it on Cydia

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Jose31704 View Post
    Awesome jahooba do you have a file with all the icons all ready made ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    Yeah it's called Neurotech HD you can find it on Cydia

Haha, you beat me to it, Chaingun.

Really though, as I tried to explain to someone on Twitter, I don't use Photoshop all that much - really I only use it for compositing on a few UI elements. All the icons are rendered in my 3D rendering program directly into the theme folders.

The Photoshop method of creating icons is very similar to the Glasklart method. It really produces fine results, I must say! However, building the models in 3D means that I can fine-tune a lot of the artwork and create versions for any resolution I may need - the only other way to do this is with vector lines (using vector programs such as adobe Illustrator).

The complexity of your Photoshop-created Neurotech icons will depend solely on the artist's skill with Photoshop. Unfortunately I can't teach how to become a proper artist - it took me some 20 years to discover that I'm pretty good at it.

I thought about adding various dots, lines, and shapes to the PSD files, so that one can sort of build their own Neurotech icons using parts from other icons. Let me know if you like this idea - I could probably whip something together.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Great tut Jay!

I've been using a similar process in photoshop for icon creation and color rendering. Can't wait to give this a shot, man do I have some ideas haha.

sorry for these long posts but I'm having a problem with all my wallpapers on my springboard. I got the clock widget to work perfectly but when I tried to go back to a normal wallpaper my screen remains black? if anyone knows anything about this please help..

does the clock widget have it's own default background? you may have to delete it or replace it with a transparent png to see the iphones background... not sure what else would do that

thanks for the reply. I just tried that but I'm not very good with any of it so I probably did it wrong.it's a bit frustrating.. can you set your own wallpapers through winterboard easily through ifile?

Thanks

Thanks for the tut Jay! It's so easy! Can't believe how much I was over complicating things try to copy your style. I don't really need any more icons, but made a Santander one (a Spanish/UK bank). Also I don't know if some of you have seen my 'Wings' Carrier image? Well I injected some Neurotech into it!

Name:  wingsbackground.png
Views: 426
Size:  8.6 KB-untitled-1.png

Bundle id - uk.co.santander.santanderUK

icon - [email protected]

We should so do a darkside Neurotech!

-darkside.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -icon.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KraXik; 02-13-2012 at 02:48 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-13-2012)

Any one have a icon for espn score center thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Thanks for the tut Jay! It's so easy! Can't believe how much I was over complicating things try to copy your style. I don't really need any more icons, but made a Santander one (a Spanish/UK bank). Also I don't know if some of you have seen my 'Wings' Carrier image? Well I injected some Neurotech into it!

Name:  wingsbackground.png
Views: 426
Size:  8.6 KB-untitled-1.png

Bundle id - uk.co.santander.santanderUK

icon - [email protected]

We should so do a darkside Neurotech!

-darkside.png
    These look really good

Remember to give enough room around the edge of the image for the glow - if the glow is clipped by the edge then it may look a bit weird.

I also think that maybe I'll update the tutorial with version numbers. That way I can make some changes, have a change log, etc. Sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose31704 View Post
    Any one have a icon for espn score center thanks
    Sure, I'll add it to my list. I think I'm going to start on icons tomorrow

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Chaingun (02-14-2012)

Since the icons created with the tutorial are user content would you be ok with us posting them here? I plan to finish out my entire icon set by the end of the week

Of course, Chain

We should find a way to organize them. How do other themers handle user-made icons?

I should probably start a new thread just for them. Or let me know is you have any ideas

Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 20 606869707172 80 120 ... LastLast