+ Reply
Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
@megaorange : I would have added the Autobot image a long time ago, but I'm not entirely sure if I can legally sell it in my theme. On the one
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

@megaorange: I would have added the Autobot image a long time ago, but I'm not entirely sure if I can legally sell it in my theme. On the one hand, I'm already releasing icons based on the design of others, so why not one that's larger. On the other hand, the last thing I want is to feel the wrath of Hasbro! This wouldn't be a problem if Neurotech was free, of course. And even though the design is familiar, I rebuilt it in an artistic way, so doesn't that make it fan art? I'll ask Kyle.

(edit: even if he says no, I guess I could always release a free theme that adds them to Settings->Wallpaper. Hmm, not a bad idea...)

@KraXik: Thanks for adding the info - Flipboard seems like a cool app, too
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-21-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

In the first instance of copyright infringement/litigation you will get a 'cease and desist' letter. That's when you need to change the image. I wouldn't worry until then though.

One talented theme maker on MMi made a dreamboard theme of the Kindle Fire UI. He even called it 'Kindle Fire'. Amazon's lawyers sent him a letter asking him to change the name. So he changed the name of the theme and that was it.

You always get a warning first.

Thanks

Was it on the Cydia Store, or was it free? Repos have their own rules, on MMi I can't sell a theme that contains artwork that isn't mine. But I'm unaware of how this is handled, because the artwork itself belongs to me - I made it by hand. There's a lot of gray area there.

But like I said, even if they say I can't add it to Neurotech, I can always make a free theme addon.

Thanks

Just thought of something - with the 4S jailbreak out, my animating skills will make modding Siri very easy. Most of the mod makers here are graphic designers, not animators. Siri's microphone is 100 frames, which is a daunting task if you do each frame by hand, but for me it's fairly easy.

I think it's going to be fun to make - I like setting up animations. I'll probably release it as a free theme to promote Neurotech, but also include it in the paid theme. Hmm...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

dReAdLoKdEmOn (01-23-2012)

Thanks

Oh ya I didn't think about that. A free add-on might work or we could just gather them up up and put them in the first post

I could test the Siri on my 4S
    Last edited by Megaorange; 01-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks

Default Anyone have a Mac that can help me with something?
    I need to try and extract .artwork files, but I need a Mac to do it.

If you'd like to help, there's some brief instructions and a link to the program here:

iPhoneShop 3.0 (import/export artwork files 3.0)

The program should be able to extract and then compress images, but I'd first like to try and extract the images from the new Siri color theme to test if the program works.

Here's the .artwork that I need extracted: AssistantMic.artwork

I know you'll need Java installed. You'll want the .artwork file in the iPhoneShop folder with the .bat files, then run the export.bat - the program should then place the extracted files into the four folders in the iPhoneShop folder.

Anyone think they could try this for me?
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-21-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

I don't have a mac.

I know your not a fan of widgets Jay, but I really wish you would give UniAW5 a try. The coding is beyond good. The whole widget fades in when it loads up after a respring, the second hand doesn't tick, it's smooth, like a Rolex. I have zero lag and you can easily change so much. Ian Nicoll has written the code so even an idiot like me can just look at it and change whatever they want.

Comparing my photoshop skills to yours is like trying to compare a donkey to a hover car. I'm trying so hard to mimic your style but I can't do it. The only thing stopping me throwing my phone or laptop out the window is that I can't choose which one to throw first! Lol! I know your busy but if you fancy making a sweet Neurotech clock face and hands I will love you forever!

UniAW5 is free so I can upload the couple of images if you needed. Anyway, here's my crappy attempt -

Edit: This is my 1000th post! Yay!
    Last edited by KraXik; 01-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Amir Aji (05-01-2012), cavman2004 (02-27-2012), Jahooba (02-09-2013), jsnx (03-13-2012)

Thanks

Send me the clock face and hands and I'll take a look at it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Amir Aji (05-01-2012), KraXik (01-21-2012)

Thanks

PM sent. This is gona be so awesome! I'm nearly wetting myself!

Thanks

The iOS 5 jailbreak is out for Windows users

Thanks

If I downloaded Neurotech a few days ago do I need to download the Neurotech iOS 5 fixes? The only icon that is not changing is the newsstand icon.
    Last edited by celeron; 01-22-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    If I downloaded Neurotech a few days ago do I need to download the Neurotech iOS 5 fixes? The only icon that is not changing is the newsstand icon.
    Neurotech 2.5 includes everything - you don't need the separate Fixes files. Those files are now simply "Neurotech iOS 5 Addon" in the main theme.

The Newstand icon is a pain in the *** - I'll have to attempt to re-theme it when I'm not mad at it

Thanks

Ah ok thanks. Btw, I'd love to have a clock in the center of the screen like Kraxic pic
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Neurotech 2.5 includes everything - you don't need the separate Fixes files. Those files are now simply "Neurotech iOS 5 Addon" in the main theme.

The Newstand icon is a pain in the *** - I'll have to attempt to re-theme it when I'm not mad at it
    What problem are you having with it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Comparing my photoshop skills to yours is like trying to compare a donkey to a hover car. I'm trying so hard to mimic your style but I can't do it. The only thing stopping me throwing my phone or laptop out the window is that I can't choose which one to throw first!
    lol That is exactly how i feel. I have made some stand in icons for myself by using the Glasklart method and adding some blue effects but they pale in comparison to the original icons

Thanks

I took a look at the Glasklart icon making process, and it would probably work for Neurotech. You would instead leave the background transparent, then add a glow.

Since the icons are selected and pulled from a larger image (500x500, I assume), that should make the edges fairly nice when shrunken down to 120x120.

Comparing my photoshop skills to yours is like trying to compare a donkey to a hover car. I'm trying so hard to mimic your style but I can't do it.
    LOL - keep in mind that I don't use Photoshop to make my icons - I use an involved process of building a 3D model of each icon, then I export/ import it into another program where I add textures and render it directly into the theme files.

Making them in Photoshop can be done fairly convincingly, I believe, but I've never attempted it. The Glasklart tutorial posted above can get you most of the way there - all you really need to know is how to create the glow, which should be relatively easy. I use photoshop to add glow to all kinds of stuff, including the lockscreen images. The effect is subtly different, so I don't use it on the icons in order to make them all uniform.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can never get the glow right in photoshop tbh, like i said the ones i make are just stand ins until you get your request list down a bit lol, if that every happens with the zillion apps available between the app store and cydia it would be impossible to ever do them all.

Thanks

Can you send me an icon you made, including the photoshop file? I'll see if I can make the glow better and send it back, then tell you how I did it.

I suppose I could write up a tutorial.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The newsstand icon is different to standard icons because it has two parts: a background and a border.

NewsstandIconBackground~iphone.png = 57 x 57 px
    NewsstandIconBackground@2x~iphone.png = 114 x 114 px

NewsstandIconBorder~iphone.png = 57 x 57 px
    NewsstandIconBorder@2x~iphone.png = 114 x 114 px

Bundle id = com.apple.springboard

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    I can never get the glow right in photoshop tbh, like i said the ones i make are just stand ins until you get your request list down a bit lol, if that every happens with the zillion apps available between the app store and cydia it would be impossible to ever do them all.
    +1. Or what I do is rename some other icon that Jay made and I'm not using for an app that is similar. Like I use an icon of a shoe for Sonic.