+ Reply
Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
After reading for a bit it looks like there are 5 userland(read: not hardware) exploits that have been worked into an untethered jailbreak, however these can be rendered invalid as
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After reading for a bit it looks like there are 5 userland(read: not hardware) exploits that have been worked into an untethered jailbreak, however these can be rendered invalid as soon as the firmware is updated again in any case I believe we'll see something with a week or two

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 851 Posts

Hey guys, this weekend was pretty crazy. Lots happened, the biggest of which was my little sister getting married. Good times were had by all

And more good news: my mom now owns an iPhone 4S, so once a jailbreak comes out for it it will be roughly 800 times easier to theme - as most of you know I've done all my theming up to this point without direct access to an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    After reading for a bit it looks like there are 5 userland(read: not hardware) exploits that have been worked into an untethered jailbreak, however these can be rendered invalid as soon as the firmware is updated again in any case I believe we'll see something with a week or two
    How about those micro-updates that Apple promised - are they the dire threat to jailbreaking we all thought they were going to be? Hear anything new about that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (10-19-2011)

Thanks

As far as i know there is no way to force us to update besides pushed updates from the carrier which i don't think will be done but that's just my opinion, it's as simple as not upgrading firmware unless there is something worth upgrading for. With the Dev teams talent i don't think we'll ever be without a jailbreak for very long.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Can't wait. Just ordered my iPhone 4S should be shipped on the 28th. I hope there will be an untethered JailBreak out by then so i can put Neurotech [HD] on it.

I can't wait to see what you have planned for the Notification Center.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-17-2011), Nayan712 (10-19-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Mega, I'm glad you're still posting here

I have to admit that I use Neurotech as well. I should, at this point, be coming up with some new themes or something, but I just can't get enough of the glowy glow niceness of Neurotech. It's just so easy on my eyes.

As some of you may know, I was theming a long time before Neurotech was even invented - it's the culmination of years of planing, years of schooling, and years of appreciation for all things futuristic and forward-thinking. I just know that at some point someone is going to create an operating system that is based solely on stark contrasts and hard lines... it's going to look exactly like Neurotech!

Every design is boiling down to their most basic elements. Apple, for instance, has boiled their design down to rounded corners on a "golden ratio" screen. For now Apple's design is based on cute, bubbly graphics as if they're from a children's story... but at some point their screen graphics (aka, their User Interface graphics) will have to follow along the same line as their physical designs. This means that the graphics will, at some point, be deconstructed to their most basic elements: shapes. This is where Neurotech steps in.

Neurotech is years ahead of the coming design wave.

I'm glad you guys understand the visual language that I'm speaking - the rest of the world will simply have to catch up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (10-19-2011)

Thanks

lol agreed, hey check this out gents FastUnlockiPhone.com Fast Unlock iPhone Team Unlock iPhone 4/3Gs/3G 4.3.5/iOS 5.0 - jailbreak iPhone 4/3Gs/3G iOS 5.0 seems like the first untethered ios5 jb is here everything but the 4s and ipad2 is claimed to be broken untethered but i'm a bit scared to give it a try to be honest don't wanna lose my ability to go back to 4 if i need to also they seem to be charging for this..... I've never paid for a JB and i'm not starting now especially without anyone to vouch for the software.
    Last edited by Chaingun; 10-18-2011 at 10:20 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-19-2011)

Thanks

DO NOT TRUST IT. A jailbreak will come from the community and it will be free. We just need to be patient

That website has 'scam' written all over it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Yeah do not try it. This is a scam. Apparently they just use redsn0w and tell you to wait for the jailbreak if redsnow can't jailbreak it yet.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-19-2011)

Thanks

Soo, I know the 4S isn't too physically different from the 4, and just slight modifications to the processor and camera was made...BUT I WANT IT! Lol...Anyways, looking forward to the great work Jay

Also, today after I updated winterboard and some other things from Cydia, I noticed the winter board icon went back to stock
    Noticed this with some of the other apps as well after I updated them individually...slowly the masterpiece is falling apart haha, so I am extremely excited for an update.
    If you want, Jay, I can provide you with the list of app icons that have reverted to stock in case you would want to update those as well?

I know you have your work cut out for you, but I hope the new arrival of the 4S in your household will help ease some things
    Again, let us know if we can help in any way. I too have a bit of work ready for me once you're done with the update, my blue glow and custom icon glows are also "breaking" after being updated from the app store because of the IOS5 updates... and I'm still running iOS 4.1!
    Last edited by Nayan712; 10-19-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

most likely the apps icon name was changed when they updated you just need to rename the icon in neurotech to get it back to the correct theme unless i'm mistaken. This worked for me on a few apps that had reverted when i used Glasklart HD anyways.

Thanks

Yeah, I noticed a few of mine have changed/ been updated as well. If you find any icon that was themed before but now isn't, please let me know and I'll fix it for the iOS 5 update

Thanks

It looks like something went apeshit with winterboard, i lost the neurotech icon for it and all of my icon labels and i'd never used any label skins... gonna delete and redownload winterboard maybe that will fix it

Thanks

nope as soon as i reloaded neurotech it dropped the labels again...

edit had to reorder some of my stuff in winterboard but most everything is working, however the Neurotech no undocked icon labels is what caused my problem
    Last edited by Chaingun; 10-20-2011 at 07:59 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-20-2011)

Thanks

Yeah, I had the same problem, unfortunately for me, since I changed my font colors within the Neurotech file, just disabling the "No docked item labels" from Neurotech isn't enough :/. For anyone else who has this problem, and rearranging things in Winterboard doesn't work, I found a temporary work around, search Cydia for "Label Fix" it is a Winterboard theme/application, keep it at the first available slot in Winterboard and your icon labels should be back.

Hey Jay, I've only seen a few of the icons change, but here's what I've got so far:
    Twitter
    Winterboard
    Words With Friends

There may have been one or two more, but after realizing I never used them anyways, I just deleted them.
    Let ya know if any more pop up or if I remember :P

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayan712 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-20-2011)

Thanks

About themeing icons.

I know not many theme makers use the summerboard mode in winterboard but it's really good. It makes changing any icon so easy.

You just turn on summerboard mode in winterboard. Then in your theme add a folder called Icons.

Inside the folder put your icons they just need to be named whatever the app label is called. None of that folder name rubbish and then icon name rubbish.

Then if an app updates and changes the extensions then the icon won't change. Unless they change the name of the app. Which doesn't happen too often.

Bluemetal (theme creator) uses summerboard mode for icons and I'm not sure why others don't. It's so easy!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (10-20-2011)

Thanks

Thats very interesting KraXik,

I messed around with Summerboard once through the Winterboard settings, but as far as I could tell, it changed all of my icons to a different format, and I wasn't able to edit the icons individually after that :/... So that's my first and bad experience...but who knows, maybe I was just using it the wrong way

Btw, finally got the labels to come back, although still cant figure out how to only get rid of the docked icon labels. Trying to manually edit plist files, but it keeps getting rid of all labels...oh well, least I got my colors back

Neurotech [HD]-photo.png

Thanks

let us know if you figure it out i don't know enough about themeing to poke around with it, my only thought is that winterboard must have changed the way it handles all of the icon lables to be the same instead of being seperate entities... maybe they'll release an old version of winterboard before the update

Thanks

Ok, every so often I have to explain to people the difference between Summerboard and Winterboard modes. If you're not interested in how it works (or my horrible explanation for it) then skip all the stuff written below and just know that WinterBoard = Fast, and SummerBoard = Slow.

So here we go:

The biggest difference between WB and SB are how icons are identified and placed into memory. WB is faster in that it takes less CPU cycles in order to identify which icons belong to which program.

SummerBoard, in order to know which icon it needs to replace, scans the "Icons" folder, then scans the application folder to find the app ID, then matches that with the application folder name, then scans that folder and finds the icon file it needs to replace. It's like 3 or 4 different steps that must be take in order to show any one icon on the springboard.

By contrast, WinterBoard simply matches the app ID with the icon name and poof - done. It's 2 steps. This makes shuffling icons in and out of memory less CPU-intensive, which not only cuts down on respring/ reboot time, but reduces battery drain.

Of course, this only really affects themes with custom icons (especially themes with LOTS of custom icons, like Neurotech) - many artists choose to auto-skin their icons, which isn't a bad thing, it simply won't achieve the same degree of visual uniqueness.

Theming icons the WinterBoard way is a little bit more technical, but not by much: the only difference is instead of finding JUST the icon name, I also have to find the folder name (Summerboard icons only need one folder). Actually, the hardest part about finding folder names is that I have to download the program in order to test to see if the icon works. This can take a long time. There are lists out there to use but I've found that the information (which is gathered by users) is often times wrong, or the information has changed and the list wasn't updated.

Make sense?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (10-20-2011)

Thanks

It does make sense. However try and see the difference on an iPhone 4. I can't. I have 120 icons in the icon folder so 60 icons. I could delete a few of them as I'm pretty sure I don't have 60 apps. So let's say roughly 30 themed icons.

There is no perceivable slow down. Widgets are more of a slow down problem. This is on the iPhone 4 too! Imagine the 4s!!

It is slower. Fact. Noticeable though? Not in my opinion. Try it for yourself!

Thanks

So, why take extra time to theme properly, even if users don't notice?

I guess you've highlighted the difference between a good themer and a poor one.