+ Reply
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
The consensus is that the iPhone 5 will be announced on Oct. 4th, and then released on Oct. 5th. Or within a week thereafter. I'm sure jailbreakers are hard at
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

The consensus is that the iPhone 5 will be announced on Oct. 4th, and then released on Oct. 5th. Or within a week thereafter.

I'm sure jailbreakers are hard at work exploiting the iOS 5 beta. If we're lucky they'll have it out soon after iOS 5 goes public.

But these are all just rumors. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new iPhone sometime soon. I don't think I'll make the initial launch - maybe for Christmas? I will absolutely skip out on a new iPhone if my lowly budget came down to either that or The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

My excitement for the new iPhone isn't as high as it used to be. I can use 95% of all iOS programs on my iPod Touch, yet lately I've hardly used it. Maybe a new iPhone will pique my interest again. If there's no 4" screen on the new iPhone then I'll have even less interest in it. But, knowing Apple, they'll probably come out with a 5" screen and 1920x1080 resolution, or something equally as amazing/ surprising

Thanks

Is anyone here good at auto-skinning icons? For the life of me I can't figure this out. Contact me and I'll send you the files if you think you're up for a challenge

UPDATE: Nevermind. Got it
    Last edited by Jahooba; 09-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Is anyone here good at auto-skinning icons? For the life of me I can't figure this out. Contact me and I'll send you the files if you think you're up for a challenge

UPDATE: Nevermind. Got it
    Ooooooo! Your such a tease Jahooba! Do I smell an update?

Thanks

Just been foolin' around a bit - well, maybe a little more than foolin' - what I can tell you is that it's not Neurotech related - it's an entirely new art style

Here's another teaser:

Neurotech [HD]-photo-8-.png

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

KraXik (09-25-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Daddy likes it looks like a mutated version of neurotech, not a completely different animal which is a very good thing. We could gerry both themes and mix and match different parts until we get exactly whtat we want

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    Daddy likes it looks like a mutated version of neurotech, not a completely different animal which is a very good thing. We could gerry both themes and mix and match different parts until we get exactly whtat we want
    The background actually isn't part of my recent efforts. That's an old purple Neurotech one I made back in the day. The new theme is all chromes and metals, but still retains the 'tech-y' look

I'm still working on nailing down a style that I like. This is the stage that takes tons of trial and error, but after I 'crack the code' to the visuals, it will be relatively easy to pump out new elements.

I'm working on geometry and rendering at the same time to find a good balance. Here's a render test I just made to see how reflections and light are handled by different shapes - in these early stages I go through hundreds of renderings until I find what I like (this isn't final):

Neurotech [HD]-experiment-lockscreen.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Just been foolin' around a bit - well, maybe a little more than foolin' - what I can tell you is that it's not Neurotech related - it's an entirely new art style

Here's another teaser:

Attachment 548911
    It's like Nuerotech with a virus. Or maybe Nuerotechs evil twin brother (maybe that would need more red).

Glad your working on themes though. Your CK is still the best in Cydia!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (09-27-2011)

Thanks

I know some of you are TRON fans (you better be!) - check out this Rinzler statue from Sideshow Collectibles:

Rinzler Maquette Photo Gallery And Pre-Order Information! | Sideshow Collectibles

Pretty cool - Personally I think I would kinda rather see one of the Black Guard (can't find a good picture of them, but they're badass):

Last edited by Jahooba; 09-27-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

Can't help but feel that your none-to-impressed with the new iPhone Jahooba?

Thanks

Hehe, I don't think anyone is impressed, really. This gives Android phone manufacturers time to catch up. By this time next year Samsung and HTC will have phones that make the iPhone as 'cutting edge' as a Casio watch.

Now it's not Apple's prerogative to innovate and bring in new customers - now they're simply trying to dangle the carrot out in front of those that have already purchased an iPhone in the past. They simply have to keep those people coming back every two years and they'll stuff their coffers with more billions, easy.

But, on the bright side, now that Apple has thoroughly disappointed interim adopters such as myself, I'm looking at getting a new Kindle Touch with the money I've saved. Nothing can pull you out of the no-iPhone blues like lots and lots of books!

Oh, and Elder Scrolls Skyrim is coming out next month, so I'll have some cash for that, too

Thanks

I just don't like how people got hooked into the rumors. Its like no one realized how apple does stuff

Initial release
    2G minor
    3G major
    3GS minor
    4 major
    4s minor

Thanks

I personally love the iPhone 4 design. The sleek lines and glass back, IMO, are very elegant and gives the phones a sense of expense to them. I wouldn't wan a bigger screen as I don't want a bigger phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I personally love the iPhone 4 design. The sleek lines and glass back, IMO, are very elegant and gives the phones a sense of expense to them. I wouldn't wan a bigger screen as I don't want a bigger phone.
    I don't get why people have this obsession with a bigger screen. It's a mobile device made to be portable. Some of theses android phones are so big they might as well be a mini tablet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I have some issues with the design, but I come from an industrial design background so I tend to over-analyze these things - so as a trained designer here's my opinion on it:

Making both sides of the phone glass was a mistake, or rather a trade-off. Sure, it adds weight and a feel of quality to it, but it makes it heavy and thicker than it needs to be. If they were so concerned about weight they could just add in a steel plate or two for 'ballast', or whatever. A phone is a thing to be used, not rubbed in your hands like a metal-and-glass statue or religious idol of some sort - it's held up to your head or up to your face for long periods of time - MAKE IT AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE. Trim everything off that's non-essential.

There are also multiple edges that are unneeded. They could smooth out the design so that the edge-to-edge transitions are seamless, or at least minimized. On the iPod Touch 4 you'll notice a little plastic flange between the glass and backing, which is brilliantly simple and effective by bridging the gap between glass and metal.

Apple hasn't give the iPhone the curved-back design yet because they can't. They don't have the technology. The iPhone 4 is so stuffed with electronics that they NEED the 90 edges. Unfortunately, those 90 edges also show off the buttons popping out on the sides, which Apple doesn't like - I know they don't like it because they eliminated them from the Touch 4 and iPad 2, rightfully so!

The iPod Touch 4 and iPad are simply superior designs, but they can afford to be. The iPhone can't. Not yet. The design of the iPhone 4/ 4s is just not where it wants to be. When I look at the iPhone design I can't help but see Apple being backed into a corner, creatively. I see the limitation of the design, and because of those limitations the iPhone is not the phone that it could be, or that I want it to be, or that Apple wants it to be.

So with the 4S, instead of fixing these little problems they decided "F*k it, it's not even worth it." Does that sound like the actions of a company that loves their design? Not to me. To me it sounds like the design of the iPhone 4 isn't even worth correcting. Better to just save the time and energy for the improved design that will surely come with the iPhone 5.

I was hoping they would be more inclined to fix the flawed iPhone 4 design this year, considering how they already fixed the iPod and iPad. I'm guessing that they have a prototype of the rounded-back design but it's still too thick. From a business perspective it's OK that they didn't release the iPhone 5 - giving the current iPhone 4 twice the power is a good move. It means that they can add in $10 in upgraded electronics and sell it for $200 more! And people will eat it up.

Knowing what Apple knows now about which direction to take their designs, it seems like it's all coming down to the PentiPhone for me. The iPhone 5 will probably be what makes me MUST HAVE an iPhone. Hopefully it will be that intersection between usability, design, and the digital lifestyle. I know that the iPhone 4 is already those things for a lot of people, but a lot of people aren't poor designer-types

Price has a factor in my opinion, but only as far as it comes to design. I like things that are designed well, and most of the time things that are affordable will be designed well because they were designed to be affordable(!). Neat, huh? There's no reason for Apple to be making a 40% profit on their design - that's just bad design. Or, rather, it was designed to 'feel' a better device than it needs to be. They artificially designed added worth. From a business standpoint this is brilliant, and exactly what a lot of companies would love to do. I see things a bit differently, though, because I love the digital lifestyle so much that I want everyone to partake in it - I want electronics to be cheap enough so that everyone is walking around with a mini supercomputer in their pocket - the world at their fingertips. Apple is in a position to offer us just that, but they're more interested in making a profit. Profit is not a bad word, and I'm happy for their successes (despite the best interests of consumers), but it's a roadblock for my vision of an amazing, science-fiction-like future. It's just not there yet.

In 10 years the computational equivalent of an iPhone 4 will be dirt-cheap and wafer-thin. Perhaps devices in the future will just be a thin bracelet one wears. Or maybe it will hold up your pants in the form of a belt, and simply beam the information to a lightweight screen in your hands. It could be powered by your body heat/ movement and electronics woven into your clothing. Walking in the sun for 5 min will be enough to power your device for 20 min. Furniture will have inductive circuitry embedded in them so you only have to set your device on your kitchen counter for it to start charging. In the future worrying about batter life will be laughable. If you don't own conductive, photovoltaic clothing you'll be seen as some kind of back-woods hillbilly.

Anyway, I could go on all day about this stuff. I wish the future would just get here already.

Thanks

Can i get an AMEN?

i personally love my iphone 4 but i like it even more with my exolife battery case. i like a heavier phone it's a bit easier for my larger hands. i use a bluetooth headset so holding it to my head isn't a concern. I agree that this new iteration of the iphone is a lackluster upgrade, but then the inbetween versions always are. I'd like to see a 5 inch screen on an iphone as an option maybe one with the standard screen and one larger model next year. With google directly producing their own androids now apple will have to up their game by next year or they will start falling behind.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-12-2011)

Thanks

So iOS 5 sounds pretty awesome. As soon as an unteathered jailbreak comes out for it I'll be pretty busy updating Neurotech.

Is there any iOS 5 element you're particularly looking forward to being themed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neurotech [HD]-jobs-bite.jpg  
    Last edited by Jahooba; 10-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Chaingun (10-08-2011)

Thanks

i'm interested in seeing what the notification center is going to bring to the table, but most of us here will be running into one issue, we don't have the 4s so skinning for the Siri voice app will be next to impossible. I believe it will eventually unlocked on the 4 though... other than that the "200" new features seem to be mostly background stuff. It is nice to finally see an apple supported wifi sync, but will the notification center be better than quick reply? or will the two be able to work together

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-15-2011)

Thanks

I'm worried that they can't make a tethered jailbreak. iOS5 has been out in beta for a long time. Imagine the publicity if as soon as it was released it was jailbroken. I have faith in the guys but I guess I'm just nervous!

Thanks

from what i understand there is a team already working on an untethered jailbreak, i'd wager they left some easy ways to jailbreak it in the beta software then closed them up on release. even if they don't jailbreak ios5 for a while i'm happy with my phone as is

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-16-2011)

Thanks

I heard they have like 6 exploits but they might have to chain them together

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-16-2011)