+ Reply
Page 49 of 130 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 99 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
The iPhone 5. Spotted.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

The iPhone 5. Spotted.

Last edited by Jahooba; 08-03-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

A 3GS?!

I'm sending you an email in a second Jahooba. I apologise now for how long it is.... :/

Thanks

3Gs-like, for sure. The device he's holding is distinctively thinner than the 3Gs.

It looks to be an iPhone 4 with slightly tapered sides and a glass back plate. What I'm imagining is basically the same as the iPhone 4, but the glass back plate is slightly smaller and curved at the edges, allowing for the right-angled sides of the iP4 to taper in to meet it. Know what I mean?

If this is the case, the iPhone 5 will be far more attractive and easier to hold than the 'brick-like' iPhone 4.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 08-03-2011 at 03:23 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

KraXik (07-29-2011)

Thanks

I'm a little sceptical of the volume buttons. Apple don't seem to be the type that would revert backwards. Of course if that is the next iPhone it's a prototype and they could always change them back to iPhone 4 like buttons.

Thanks

So Jahooba, what plans do you have for the theme in the future or is there a new project in the works? Any teasers if so?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-03-2011)

Thanks

Well, I have a bunch of icons to make (still), and I have a couple UI things for Neurotech, but other than that I'm not really sure what the future will bring.

iOS 5 should bring some enhancements, and then there's the question of jailbreaking it. Rather than start on a whole new project and be forced to abandon it if there's no iOS 5 jailbreak, it would be best just to wait and see.

I have an addon theme for Neurotech that is more than half way complete, but I'm not so sure if it's even worth the time to finish it and complete it. Piracy is really, really bad. Going from the numbers, my theme is pirated roughly 12x more than it's purchased. It's been stolen thousands of times and bought only hundreds.

I'm pretty good at actual 3D modeling - Neurotech is like modeling in 2D, really - So I may take some time and start designing things that are practical, like architecture, vehicles, products... you know, stuff I'm suppose to be doing with my industrial design degree. I thought about learning UI design, but the only way I'll get a job in that is if I cross over from artist to engineer and learn HTML, FLASH, and CSS design - and that stuff seriously bores me. I'm a visual kind of person.

As much as I would love to live off of theming there's just no money in it. It seems as though the only people that jailbreak are kids and people that want stuff for free. I have plans for an iOS 5 update but after that... we'll see.

There's also a possibility I could get into fine art. A lot of the elements that go into Neurotech is created using a fine art process - it's what makes Neurotech so visually unique. I may expand upon that, then create a website and use it to sell my artwork on posters, t-shirts, etc. Of course, this would require me to learn about managing a business, but that shouldn't be too hard. The only problem is, like most businesses, I would need some start-up cash to invest, which means I would need a real, paying job first. I'll need to make money to make money, essentially. It's kind of like priming an engine before the vehicle will start. Once I pick up speed it will get easier. Right now I'm just trying to get the engine started, but it's tough. Considering the hours I've spent on Neurotech, I'm only making less than minimum wage. Way less than.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 08-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

KraXik (08-03-2011)

Thanks

Try not to let the pirates get you down. If a billion pound music industry is helpless to them then what chance does the little guy have?

Is this theme your sole income?! If so it can't be doing too badly. Maybe try making a theme for the masses. Although it's easily my favourite theme, Neurotech is a little 'techy' (not a bad thing). For instance take a mechanic - all day he fixes other peoples car then in his free time he fixes his own car. Your car is Neurotech, your customers cars are the mass market theme. Sorry, crude analogy.

Have you given any serious thought to your own art online shop? You could take on commission work so there's no initial outlay from yourself. You wait for the orders and the cash then work from there.

Thanks

I found for status bar items
    Black_XXX.png is now WhiteOnBlackShadow_XXX.png (status bar item when in notification slide down)
    Silver_XXX.png is now ColorOnGrayShadow_XXX.png (status bar item when in app)
    WhiteOnBlackEtch_XXX.png (Status bar item when on springboard)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-12-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Mega

I'm not sure what these correspond to, though. (are these iOS 5 compatibilities, or new status bar items?)

Thanks

These are to fix status bar items in iOS 5
    ex) [email protected] --> [email protected]
    [email protected] ---> [email protected]
    [email protected]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-12-2011)

Thanks

Cool, thanks. Now we just need the name of the loading gears.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 08-13-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Cool, thanks. Now we just need the name of the loading gears.
    This is VERY important. Best loader ever!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-26-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you all remember the iphone 4 that was found on a barstool, was in a case that made it look almost identical to a 3gs, though from what i understand it's supposed to keep the same physical dimensions as the iphone 4 with more features and possibly a bigger screen. Also with the quality of work you do jahooba, you can do anything you want design wise i'm sure, to be honest the first time i saw this theme i thought about getting it the wrong way, but after seeing the quality of work you put into it on the youtube preview i immediately bought it
    Last edited by Chaingun; 08-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-26-2011)

Thanks

Yeah, you're right. It would seem pretty foolish for some dude to just be using a prototype iphone out in the open like that.

Then again, the guy who took the photograph said he owned both a 3Gs and iPhone 4, and that the one the man held was different than either of them, and looked like an Evo, I believe he said, referring to the screen size.

Only a month or so to go before we find out for sure

I don't think I would want the iPhone if it's not a fresher design, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 998 Posts

It's gonna be like a 3Gs. Nothin' special but faster & better camera..

Thanks

You're bringin' me down, man!

Would this alter your opinion: Steve Jobs is in fairly poor health - do you think that may have an effect on the new design? A good effect or bad?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You're bringin' me down, man!

Would this alter your opinion: Steve Jobs is in fairly poor health - do you think that may have an effect on the new design? A good effect or bad?
    If they have a new design, then that would be cool but the iPhone 4 is the smallest smart phone so they wouldn't bulk it up, they don't wanna go backwards. We'll see what they'll do. But would be a waste if you already have an iPhone 4. Like for me I had the 3G & didn't bother to buy the 3Gs. Was a waste & just waited for the 4. & now I'm gonna wait till the 6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DefJammable View Post
    If they have a new design, then that would be cool but the iPhone 4 is the smallest smart phone so they wouldn't bulk it up, they don't wanna go backwards. We'll see what they'll do. But would be a waste if you already have an iPhone 4. Like for me I had the 3G & didn't bother to buy the 3Gs. Was a waste & just waited for the 4. & now I'm gonna wait till the 6
    The rumors that i'd hear( i'm unable to find the source ATM but i'm still looking) is that the next model will have a 5 inch screen to compete with the larger screen android phones, as well as the same processor as the ipad 2 with more memory etc, they are also pushing the whole cloud thing. I for one think apple needs to do something and fast, Google has purchased Motorola Mobility to directly produce their own phones:Google buys Motorola Android assets, snubs Samsung Galaxy S2 launch : Beatweek Magazine

scratch that here's info from PC world it's supposedly a 4 inch screen though it is an old article iPhone 5 to Have 4-inch Screen, Report Claims | PCWorld
    Last edited by Chaingun; 08-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks

Is anyone else here gonna get hit by a massive hurricane? It's going to land in Jersey on Saturday night.

I'm right by the ocean and there's some kind of mandatory evacuation going on here, so I have to relocate myself and my computer. Really my computer is the only thing worth saving aside from my dogs.

I have a feeling that it's going to break up and turn into a tropical storm by the time it reaches us, but as of right now the evacuation is mandatory. Mandatory means that if I choose to stay in my home, no one will be sent to help me if I need help.

This could get interesting...

Thanks

get the hell out of dodge, hurricanes in jersey are nothing to play with, i used to live near red bank and got hit badly a few times

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-26-2011)