Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    Hey J I just noticed that I can't see the lyrics in the music player with the theme on. Is this a winterboard problem?

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    What lyrics? Can you post a screenshot?

Here is a pic with the theme off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-18-2011)

What about with the theme on? How do you see the lyrics, anyhow? I've never seen that before.

Also, is that the Neuropolitical font?

It won't show up with the theme on. In iTunes if you right click on a song choose get info a window appears and there is a tab for lyrics. When you add them you can see them on your iPod by taping the album cover in the player once and they should show up.

It's neuropol idk if there's a diff.

Yeah, I'm not sure man. My theme shouldn't affect anything like that. 99.9% of my theme is simply replacement pictures. This may be a glitch in iTunes or the jailbreak.

I think its winterboard because if I turn off all the theme it works.

First, I love this theme. great job on it. i have just a few quick questions.

1: any update on 4.2.1 now that there's an untethered jailbreak? and any chance of getting the lock screens to work?

2: do you have an area of new icons? there are tons on my phone i'd like to have. just curious if there was a seperate ftp or something for new icons not included in the theme DL. even ones for common apps like amazon, ebay, paypal, maps... or is my theme just not showing them all because of 4.2.1?

thanks for the help, and once again, very nice theme.

one last question, do you have the lock screen images as a seperate file we can save like the background ones? i could just save the same way as the background as set it as my lockscreen pic.

thanks again
    Last edited by Lord Elhaz; 02-19-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Elhaz For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-19-2011)

Hey Lord Elhaz,

Well, I've decided not to upgrade for 4.2, it doesn't offer anything new over 4.1, and only succeeds in breaking things that work on 4.1.

Really the 4.2.1 jailbreak is just for people that purchased their iDevice with 4.2.1 installed. It would be pretty dumb for people to upgrade if they had 4.1 working great, like me.

I don't know why the lockscreens don't work on 4.2.1. I'm guessing it has something to do with WinterBoard, which means Saurik needs to fix it. Saurik, however, hasn't touched WinterBoard for a really long time. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an update.

All the icons I've ever made for Neurotech are included. I've toyed with the notion of making auto-skinning icons, but that would destroy the look I've achieved with my transparent icons.

I've made over 100 icons for this theme, which is plenty enough for a homescreen, and since 4.0 comes with folders, all your other icons you can just place in the folders.

Icons are on hold for the moment. I don't know if I want to do any more. It took me about 40-50 hours of work to do 80 icons, but financially and mentally it's exhausting. To run my quadcore for that amount of time in itself costs me more than I'm getting in return for the sale of my theme. It's just not sustainable.

As for the Maps icon, I'm not sure why it's not working. It should have been 4.2.1 compatible. I have no way of testing it, so if you find the answer let me know and I'll make the changes for the next update.

I never thought to put the lockscreen images into one file, but there's only 3, and they're really easy to find. The Wallpaper images, however, were only found online, so I thought to include them in their own folder.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-19-2011 at 01:16 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (02-19-2011)

yeah, i bought my phone and it came 4.2.1 so I dont have a choice. I messed with it a bit and got my lock screen to work by saving the png files, emailing them to the phone and then saving as the lockscreen. a band-aid fix, but it worked. i also saw that there are alot of icons included in the theme that arent working. maps, ebay, light. so im guessing it's a 4.2.1 issue. i even tried to delete the cache folder, but it wont let me. i keep getting an error. did you mention once an app or program that can automaticly wipe it?

but thanks for your quick reply and keep up the nice work.

There's a program called iWipe Cache. I've never tried it (it takes two seconds to do it manually), but the concept is sound.

If you use iFile you can send the images straight to your pictures app, it's way easier than mailing them to yourself.

I'm not sure why Maps doesn't work. I just tried Flashlight from Cydia and that works (I assume that's what you meant by 'light'). I don't have an icon for ebay. I made one before but the ebay logo is pretty dumb (the graphic artist that made a fortune off of it should be punched, lol), so I trashed it.

Ok, I just spend the last half an hour trying to get the ebay icon to work. For some reason it wont. If you're smarter than me I hope you can figure it out! I've attached it below. Place it in /var/stash/themes/Neurotech [HD]/Bundles, then wipe your cache and reboot. Or, at least, that's how it used to be done?
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (02-19-2011)

Thanks. I tried the iwipe and it didn't seem to do anything. And no matter what I do to the maps icon it doesn't show. But it's no biggie. I just put it in a folder. And yeah, I meant flashlight. that doesn't show either. Just the standard apple version. Again, no biggie. Everything else looks great.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elhaz View Post
    Thanks. I tried the iwipe and it didn't seem to do anything. And no matter what I do to the maps icon it doesn't show. But it's no biggie. I just put it in a folder. And yeah, I meant flashlight. that doesn't show either. Just the standard apple version. Again, no biggie. Everything else looks great.

Thanks again for your help.
    Try this for the Maps icon:

Go into /var/stash/themes/Neurotech [HD]/Bundles/com.apple.Maps rename [email protected] to [email protected], then wipe your cache and reboot.

If that doesn't work, capitalize the "I" in the other file, icon@2x~iphone.png and then wipe cache and reboot.

Tell me if either of those works! (I can't test this myself)

Oh, for the Flashlight app, try uninstalling it, wipe cache/ reboot, then reinstall?
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-19-2011 at 09:04 PM.

I found out a while ago to make the maps icons show you have to capitalize all the file names.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Megaorange For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-20-2011)

Default Minor Neurotech 1.3 Update
    1.3 Change Log:

• Added in-call dialpad.
    • Slightly changed Wallpaper 2 (in the wallpaper folder of the main Neurotech [HD] Theme folder)
    • Added an extra folder in said (above) wallpaper folder for alpha masks. Overlay these images on top of your own pictures or patterns to make your own Neurotech wallpapers.
    • Fixed Maps App icon to be compatible with 4.2.1 (I hope) - inside Neurotech [HD]/Bundles/com.apple.Maps/4.1 you'll find the old icons that worked with 4.1. Move these into the com.apple.Maps folder if you're on 4.1.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (02-20-2011), Nayan712 (02-20-2011)

Awesome updates Jay!
    When will the update be out?

Ryan-

Sent from my iPhone.

I uploaded the update just moments before I made that post. Usually it takes about 24 hours, but it's a holiday weekend so whenever Kyle gets around to it, I guess. If it's not out tomorrow definitely Tuesday, I would say

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (02-21-2011), Nayan712 (02-20-2011)

Great!

I'm excited for the in-call dial pad haha, seems like the final thing to totally "Neurotech" my phone out :P

Thanks,
    -Ryan

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayan712 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-20-2011)

That's funny, cause I just got the maps icon to work!

My only observation after using the theme for a week or so now is I don't personally care for the notification badge color. The bright red seems outta place with the white/blue glow of everything else. But thats just me being overly picky.

Anyway, thanks for the update. It seems so many other theme makers abandoned theirs with 4.2.1. It's nice to see people keep current. I look forward to more down the road.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Elhaz For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-21-2011)

Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast