Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

iPhone? More like MyPhone recklesstryg's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I upgraded to an iPhone 4 and got this theme from Cydia, Paid.

Jahooba- If people wanted to send you their mods, you could possible approve the mods and post them on Cydia. Sort of like a mash up and you would be the final say to what got on Cydia with your work involved in it. Just a thought, no offence intended.

Great theme. Awesome execution. Great Graphics. Love the influences, I designed a bed I made based on a Frank L Wright chair I saw in a book. Keep up the good work for as long as YOU find it to be a hobby not a annoyance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to recklesstryg For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-07-2011)

Hey reckless, Thanks! But I'm not really sure I follow you on the mash up thing -- in general I've never used anyone else's resources in my themes (aside from some free widget code). The stuff I do kinda takes a long time, which is why I'm reluctant to give my time and energy away for free, and it's unique enough where it doesn't really mesh well with a lot of other artwork.

Nah, I don't find theming to be an annoyance at all. It's one of the great joys of my life! It's hard to explain the feeling of seeing your own artwork on that incredible Retina Display (and to see the look on peoples' faces when I show it to them and tell them I made it).

You've got to send me a picture of that bed, it sounds awesome! I made some furniture for school, so I've had experience with woodworking -- I never thought about it but making my own bed could be an great project, and useful!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (01-08-2011), recklesstryg (01-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Will this work on a 3Gs with 4.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

Okay J, Love the theme so far. Followed the instructions at the OP. Only a few things I need help with to get it "smoking" like in the video.

How do I get the animated switching (what app do I need?) I thought it was that roll one but I think I missed something in the thread. So, not sure about and dont want to mis-buy something.

Another, getting those labels to go away so I can unfolder my apps soon.

Updated with new setup. Works great so far... got an idea for you heavy VWall modders for this theme... Perhaps make the lit up parts have light shine movement through it while in the background? Just a thought.

Gah!!! NVM about animating. I read the thread up a few posts. bummer. =( Another thing... I think I divided by zero accidentally. I put folders inside of folders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by gdd2010; 01-10-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks

Hey! Anyone have a good icon for the app "Uber Social?". I really hate the twitter bird. For that matter, anyone got a roadkill version of the twitter bird?

Quote Originally Posted by greekgodchaos View Post
    Will this work on a 3Gs with 4.1?
    Ah, sorry. It was conceived and built with the Retina Display of the iPhone 4/ Touch 4g in mind, exclusively. As of right now I have no plans to port it to older devices.

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Okay J, Love the theme so far. Followed the instructions at the OP. Only a few things I need help with to get it "smoking" like in the video.

How do I get the animated switching (what app do I need?) I thought it was that roll one but I think I missed something in the thread. So, not sure about and dont want to mis-buy something.

Another, getting those labels to go away so I can unfolder my apps soon.
    For that animated springboard you'll need a program called Barrel. I've never tried it myself (I imagine it will consumer more battery than I would prefer, simply to advance the homescreen). I'm not sure what you mean by unfoldering your apps -- you say you put a folder inside a folder, but I think you can only do that with FolderEnhancer. In which case drag the icon down to the bottom of the page (toward the dock) and it will switch back to your homescreen so you can drop it there. Hope that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Hey! Anyone have a good icon for the app "Uber Social?". I really hate the twitter bird. For that matter, anyone got a roadkill version of the twitter bird?
    I haven't themed Uber Social yet, but it's a shame it uses that Twitter bird mascot. I too am against cutesy little animals as mascots. I've never drawn one while dead before, but if anyone here wants to draw one I'll Neurotech it for you and make it 'official' (assuming it's well done, of course)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (01-13-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    So, a long time ago I made a video wallpaper. I'm not sure if you guys can do anything with this but here it is

It's only 480x320, but I hear that's the only resolution vWallpaper will work in atm.

I also added a gif I made for an Evga contest (makers of graphics cards), and you can see the Tron influence -- I didn't win, which boggled my mind because it was absolutely the coolest one!

I really wish video wallpapers and video lockscreens actually worked. I would love to integrate an animation, especially on the Retina Display. Actually, one of the Neurotech lockscreens was conceived and built entirely to be animated, but when I found the limitations of vWallpaper (my battery drained 50% in one hour, and the screen was off!), I scrapped it as an animation and remade it as just a regular wallpaper.
    Dude! I would love to have that as a battery charging screen... Wouldnt have to worry about battery drain then. Also, I've read that as long as the vwalls are installed into the "videowall app" the battery issue didn't exist. Idk. Maybe you know more about this.

Still, would love the vid as a battery charging screen. =)

I have some issues:
    1. My springboard icons still have labels (dock icons don't)
    2. Are there supposed to be sounds? Because if there are then I'm not hearing them...
    3. Music controls in the second music player thing (Press home twice and slide to the left to see what I'm talking about )
    4. Where do I put the 3rd party loading screens?
    5. I think they're called badges but those little notification things over apps, are they supposed to be themed? Not seeing anything ...
    6. Statusbar themes? Damn I hate iOS 4.2.1...
    7. Could you make a Grooveshark icon? (i.e. http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/best...on-256x256.png)
    8. I don't have a 'Maps' icon themed...
    9. The multitasking panel (um... press Home twice) still has icon labels...
    10. You are pure awesome.

I rebooted... still nothing.

Maybe because iOS 4.2.1 just sucks b*lls... but apparently it's possible.
    Any help will be GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, appreciated.

Also, if there aren't any sounds, could you link me to a download of just the themes from iTron HD? Or use them with the author's permission? Those are my fav. iPod sci-fi winterboard theme songs...

This theme is pure awesome.
    You are a god.
    Last edited by wongjmeng388; 01-13-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Clarification and not sounding stupider than I prolly already am
    If I helped you, hit Thanks!

Jailed iPhone: I've seen a user pay for apps. Men have made FaceTime calls and hit nothing but a dead zone. Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.
    Jailbroken iPhone: What are you trying to tell me, that I can screw around with Apple?
    Jailed iPhone: No, JB'd iPhone. I'm trying to tell you that you won't have to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wongjmeng388 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-14-2011)

Hey there!

I've been running on 4.1 so my advice might not work 100%, but I faced similar issues when I installed the theme for the first time. I don't have answers for all your questions, but i do know this theme has not incorporated any sounds yet ...For the icons, try deleting the cache, Jahooba has instructions on how to do this via SSHing in the first post of this thread (an alternative I recently found out about is "iwipecache" app from cydia).

Hope it helps
    Sorry & best of luck if it didn't :P

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayan712 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-14-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by wongjmeng388 View Post
    I have some issues:
    1. My springboard icons still have labels (dock icons don't)
    2. Are there supposed to be sounds? Because if there are then I'm not hearing them...
    3. Music controls in the second music player thing (Press home twice and slide to the left to see what I'm talking about )
    4. Where do I put the 3rd party loading screens?
    5. I think they're called badges but those little notification things over apps, are they supposed to be themed? Not seeing anything ...
    6. Statusbar themes? Damn I hate iOS 4.2.1...
    7. Could you make a Grooveshark icon? (i.e. http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/best...on-256x256.png)
    8. I don't have a 'Maps' icon themed...
    9. The multitasking panel (um... press Home twice) still has icon labels...
    10. You are pure awesome.

I rebooted... still nothing.

Maybe because iOS 4.2.1 just sucks b*lls... but apparently it's possible.
    Any help will be GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY, appreciated.

Also, if there aren't any sounds, could you link me to a download of just the themes from iTron HD? Or use them with the author's permission? Those are my fav. iPod sci-fi winterboard theme songs...

This theme is pure awesome.
    You are a god.
    Uh, ok first Thank You for the compliment and your patience, my internet isn't working right and i have some kind of sinus thing, so I'm not working right either

Neurotech doesn't offer 'official' support for 4.2.1 yet - It has been strongly cautioned not to upgrade until there is a stable jailbreak. I know, this kind of sucks for people that have jumped the gun and took a risk with 4.2.1 (or those that recently purchased an iDevice). Since I rely on my device I don't want to risk upgrading and losing my jailbreak.

So, that takes care of 1, 3, 5, and 9.

2. There are no sounds. I find custom sounds to be cheezy 98% of the time. I have very little experience with sound creation as of right now (I may pick up this skill in the future as it sounds fun). Because of copyright issues I'd need to either pay for the rights or create my own sounds, and per the second sentence I'd have to really work on this to get it right.

4. 3rd party loading screens go in your themes folder which you would then activate in WinterBoard. You can also put them in the main Neurotech folder but that may cause conflicts with the update process or get deleted with an update.

6. I hear ya, everyone is having trouble with 4.2.1 - I'm thinking the jailbreak cycle will kick back into high gear with 4.3 due to the much-wanted tethering feature. 4.2.1 features just aren't worth the time and energy for a jailbreak, especially considering that a jailbreak 'trick' can be 'used up' once Apple patches it.

7. Sure! I added that to my list

8. The Maps icon should work - you may need to wipe your icon cache. I cover that on the first post of this thread if you scroll down to the "Transparent Icons" section.

10. "Not From Concentrate"

As for the iTron HD theme, I'm not really familiar with it. But, you can always strip what you want from that theme and use it with resources from mine to create your own Frankenstein theme. There should be a folder called UISounds in the main folder of the theme. Simply transfer this to the Neurotech folder and respring.

I hope that was at least a little helpful. You can also search this website for theme changes for 4.2.1 and see what others have found if you need more specifics. I was going to post a link to the thread I go to, but I see you've already posted there

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (01-15-2011), ryanstylee (01-14-2011)

lol I have mixed the keyboard and sounds from that theme as well, its iTronHd made by mk321024

also, i find sometimes, after making alot of changes, its best to completely unselect everything in winterboard, respring, then reboot, then turn back on in winterboard, just in my opinion, sometimes it helps to have winterboard load from stock, esp if you change alot of elements often.
    Last edited by ryanstylee; 01-14-2011 at 09:08 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanstylee For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-14-2011)

Hey Ryan man what can you tell me about keyboards? Your device listing thingy says you're on 4.1 iPhone 4 - is the keyboard for your 3GS? I wasn't aware of themed keyboards being possible on iOS 4.1+, but I'm not so sure now.

I did it a different way, but this video will you how to get it for free.

I did mine a while back, did a slightly different process, but I think this is the process everyone is using now.

YouTube - willitos323's Channel

follow @iphonemaster323 he has a video for everything

and i'm working, but i can give more info later

and if you were following me on twitter, you would have seen this last night hahhaha (GUILT HINT HINT)

change ur iacces default chinese keyboard 2 the best in the game please, from @junesiphone

Last edited by ryanstylee; 01-14-2011 at 10:22 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanstylee For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-14-2011)

Hi jahooba i really love your theme. can you please make icons for:
    photos, MxTube, Skype, eBuddy and twitter
    and the theme would complete if there was a sbsettings theme

Quote Originally Posted by redmomo View Post
    Hi jahooba i really love your theme. can you please make icons for:
    photos, MxTube, Skype, eBuddy and twitter
    and the theme would complete if there was a sbsettings theme
    Hey, thanks! There's already an SBSettings theme you simply have to activate it through SBSettings.

There is also a Skype and Twitter icon, you may need to wipe your icon cache (directions on front page of this thread).

I'll add MxTube and eBuddy to my list, thank you

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (01-15-2011)

what about photos icon?

Thanks

Hey J, I know you have a lot on your plate and by all means, take your time, but when do you think you'll have the next update available? Thanks bro, take care

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by dReAdLoKdEmOn View Post
    Hey J, I know you have a lot on your plate and by all means, take your time, but when do you think you'll have the next update available? Thanks bro, take care
    Hey, good question. I've had a small update ready for about a week. I've taken a break from icon creation until I decide on the future of my theming ambitions.

Since full themes are a ton of work for little to no profit, I may switch to making just a lockscreen/slider/battery combo and sell it for a dollar.

Right now the new update is just the in-call dialpad.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (01-16-2011), ryanstylee (01-17-2011)

Thanks

That's still a good update, I think atleast. Is there anything we could do besides donate more money to help with your theming? Talent like yours can't be ignored bro!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

30. The Following User Says Thank You to dReAdLoKdEmOn For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-16-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Hey, good question. I've had a small update ready for about a week. I've taken a break from icon creation until I decide on the future of my theming ambitions.

Since full themes are a ton of work for little to no profit, I may switch to making just a lockscreen/slider/battery combo and sell it for a dollar.

Right now the new update is just the in-call dialpad.
    That's a good idea

Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 118 ... LastLast