+ Reply
Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I was thinking about iOS 7 and how it seems to render the UI (It appears to be code-based). I was a little bit worried about what that meant for
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 857 Posts

I was thinking about iOS 7 and how it seems to render the UI (It appears to be code-based). I was a little bit worried about what that meant for theming (it's kind of a disaster for themers), but it's a great direction for iOS.

The flat design means they can now use a tiny bit of code to render menu bars instead of loading image files when the phone is rotated, and that means that screen size is not going to matter to the iPhones or iPads of the future. In other words, Apple's GUI will be resolution-independent: turn the phone and the menu doesn't switch images, the code simply extends the portrait-sized graphic to fit the landscape resolution. This could potentially allow for any number of screen sizes and resolutions - leaving it up to the developer to design their apps around such a standard (the way it should be), and it would also save battery because image file sizes are large and the more the device displays the more battery power it takes to make it happen. Flat user interfaces should be incredibly efficient. This could account for at least some of the extended battery life in the iPhone 5s w/ iOS 7.

Screen size is the one thing that Steve Jobs got wrong with mobile devices. At first, limiting the screen size was a fantastic way to bring in developers - they didn't have to worry about what their product would look like on a bunch of different screens and resolutions. But I think we can now comfortably say that screen size absolutely matters. We now know it was a mistake for Apple to miss jumping on that boat. Perhaps they cornered themselves with their own marketing - "You can reach any part of the screen using the phone with one hand," for instance. Now that we've all used smart devices for years, we now know that most users simply use two hands when on their device, or just hold the phone slightly differently in order to reach farther. It seems Apple was limiting the screen size in order to create a standard way to hold your phone - this is what "antennagate" was all about - it showed such a rigidity in thinking it's fascinating - they didn't even bother to test the phone in different hand grips!

A resolution-independent, code-based GUI for a closed operating system will (or should) also allow Apple to pursue themes. Imagine going into the Setting screen and choosing which colors you want for the interface. Perhaps it will allow a color-picker so you can choose the color of the flat graphic, the text, and the highlights.

It boggles my mind that Apple still doesn't allow this. Perhaps iOS 7 is a step in this direction. I really, really hope it is. Even if such themes don't offer the crazy-cool graphics that themers can dream up, at least it gives the user some amount of personalization.

If you've ever seen that movie "Jobs", there's a scene where he goes ballistic over how the computer doesn't allow the user to change fonts. He knew that the user would absolutely want to change the fonts to ones that they liked - he knew it, definitively. Personalizing the fonts, in my book, is an equal alteration as the menu colors.

Maybe Jobs wanted themes, I don't know. Perhaps he fought for it but the logistics of it were too much. Or maybe he was a megalomaniac and didn't want to see anyone's artwork but his own - he was sort of backed into a corner with his singular vision. It worked at the time, but the landscape of mobile computer is changing, and fast! Apple needs to keep up, but they're perfectionists in a world of hungry consumers that just can't wait. Android is allowing the market to flush with low-cost crap and that's keeping the pressure on. An Apple product is a reward for patience in an increasingly impatient world. Hmm.

As of their latest phones, Apple's stubbornness may finally be becoming a detriment to the company - maybe. Supposedly we'll know after this financial quarter closes. If there's one thing I'm sure of, though, it's that Apple has enough money to withstand a failed product here or there - and it's not like they were risking all that much to begin with here - the 5c is just a new case, and the 5s hardly changes the appeal of the last iPhone, but is absolutely a huge upgrade for the 4s owners at the end of their two year contracts.

Just some thoughts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (09-21-2013), recklesstryg (10-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TheAmazingLawzi's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like we need some life in this thread. 0.0
    Anyone got thoughts on the iPads? I bought a 32g Air this morning. Should arrive by the 8th.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (11-02-2013)

Thanks

Oh, sweet! The Air is one fine machine, I wish I had one

I'm thinking of selling my iPad 3, 32 gig and getting an iPad Mini Retina, but I'm really hesitant to sell my iPad for a non-jailbroken device.

The very idea of wiping out my jailbreak makes me uneasy - it's kind of the same feeling one would get being faced with having to put down a beloved pet!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Oh, sweet! The Air is one fine machine, I wish I had one
    Yes it is! I've been using it now for about 3 weeks, and it's just glorious. Pure strength in a pencil thin aluminum case. (I can even hold it with one hand)

I'm thinking of selling my iPad 3, 32 gig and getting an iPad Mini Retina, but I'm really hesitant to sell my iPad for a non-jailbroken device. The very idea of wiping out my jailbreak makes me uneasy - it's kind of the same feeling one would get being faced with having to put down a beloved pet!
    Tbh, I thought initially that the air would be too much, and was gunning for a mini. But, the air's lightness makes it perfect over the mini (and for my own particular uses, mainly school). In the end it boils down to what you want to use it for. If you want a more compact experience, then Def mini. But if you want more real-estate, but don't want the weight increase (and like me, have large hands :P) then Air full tilt.
    And in terms of jailbreak, for me at least, I have very few qualms with iOS 7 , mainly because the control center gives me SBSetting, the tweak I use the most. (Mind you, I do quite miss dat 'Tech interface tho hope I can see it on both devices someday! )
    Overall, I would say upgrade if you've got the monies. The A7+M7 is a HUGE leap from anything any predecessor has had to offer. The experience is fluid.
    Only downside I've found is that the 64x architecture still isn't perfect, and things crash. :/ (Rarely tho, so it's not too much of an impact on experience.)

And that's Lawzi's 2. Hope I helped!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (11-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok wondering if I can get a hand, I've tried everything to get the youtube icon to theme but I can't get it to go. I've tried adding all icon names to no avail, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life TeddyDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,974 Times in 917 Posts

Try this: Icon_2x.png for the icon. See if that helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (11-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingLawzi View Post
    Yes it is! I've been using it now for about 3 weeks, and it's just glorious. Pure strength in a pencil thin aluminum case. (I can even hold it with one hand)

Tbh, I thought initially that the air would be too much, and was gunning for a mini. But, the air's lightness makes it perfect over the mini (and for my own particular uses, mainly school). In the end it boils down to what you want to use it for. If you want a more compact experience, then Def mini. But if you want more real-estate, but don't want the weight increase (and like me, have large hands :P) then Air full tilt.
    And in terms of jailbreak, for me at least, I have very few qualms with iOS 7 , mainly because the control center gives me SBSetting, the tweak I use the most. (Mind you, I do quite miss dat 'Tech interface tho hope I can see it on both devices someday! )
    Overall, I would say upgrade if you've got the monies. The A7+M7 is a HUGE leap from anything any predecessor has had to offer. The experience is fluid.
    Only downside I've found is that the 64x architecture still isn't perfect, and things crash. :/ (Rarely tho, so it's not too much of an impact on experience.)

And that's Lawzi's 2. Hope I helped!
    Thanks Lawzi - I think I had come to the exact same conclusion. The Air seems like the all-around better deal for only $100 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimal View Post
    Ok wondering if I can get a hand, I've tried everything to get the youtube icon to theme but I can't get it to go. I've tried adding all icon names to no avail, anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    You've tried all, um... thirteen of them? Wow, I wonder why so many!

Double check the spelling, and double check the location and spelling of the youtube folder in Bundles. It should be com.google.ios.youtube

Edit: Okay, I got it. Just rename it to Icon_2x.png in //Neurotech/Bundles/com.google.ios.youtube and then respring using WinterBoard
    Last edited by Jahooba; 11-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (12-08-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanstylee View Post
    this contains 4 colors of the stream png, thx to Wim66 I believe

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

i used the white. I can most likely work with the colors when i get home to see if we can find a nicer blue if anyone wants. i really like the white tho

if you want me to post them separately, I can if you dont want to dl the zip
    Can you re upload the file plz? I want this so much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thought i would share some new icons i just made.ImageUploadedByModMyi1386056611.604014.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1386056618.034669.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1386056623.040512.jpg

Appaddict, airmiles, lemon wallet

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodimal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-03-2013), Jahooba (12-03-2013), Nayan712 (12-08-2013)

Thanks

So iOS 7 has been jailbroked. And Saurik posted the following:ImageUploadedByModMyi1387741025.666494.jpg
    Yay.

Merry Christmas everyone

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-22-2013), Jahooba (01-07-2014), recklesstryg (01-13-2014)

Thanks

Oh, nice! Thanks for the heads up - ill be watching where this all goes.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

recklesstryg (01-13-2014)

Thanks

Oh, nice! Thanks for the heads up - ill be watching where this all goes.
    Mind you, I posted that before I realized all the sht that went down. I'm gonna wait a week, see where it goes.

Thanks

I'm now on iOS 7 and jailbroken

Gah, what a damn ugly interface
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

recklesstryg (01-13-2014)

Thanks

I'm now on iOS 7 and jailbroken

Gah, what a damn ugly interface
    Don't worry J, I don't doubt you'll change that sooner or later. ;P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingLawzi View Post
    Don't worry J, I don't doubt you'll change that sooner or later. ;P
    Well, my computer is all primed to at least get the icons up and running, but I've been curtailed by illness for the past... oh, 12 days now. 2014 has just been one food poisoning followed by the flu followed by a fever followed by a cold and now maybe back to a fever again. My white blood cells are a bunch of little jerks, I tell ya.

I'll post a screenshot to my twitter feed when I get at least a page of icons done.

Thanks

Damn, sorry to hear that dude :/

Thanks

Get well soon bro and replenish your electrolytes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Winterboard for has been updated to iOS7 and is ARM64 compatible!
    Any word on if Neurotech will work for the 5S? Currently, I'm getting an "Unable to Purchase - This product is not currently certified to be compatible with your device." error.

As always, great work Jahooba, and thank you for creating my favorite theme. (:

Thanks

Dear Jahooba,

I hope you are recovered now and will have sometime to work on the Neurotech IOS7 version. I am waiting for this since updated to IOS7. I even do not mind to purchase a new version just for IOS 7, as it mind be a lot of work for you.

So let as please share your plans for your theme on IOS7 and how we can support you.

Thanks
    Chaka

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Chakamad For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

Thanks

Default iOS 7
    The theme works for:
    Icons ( new format from updated apps goes away from the [email protected] to "appname"72.png, I can send you an IconTheif Zip)
    Load Screens
    Dosen't work on:
    Keypad
    Calculator
    Settings
    popup windows
    Dock
    Status bar
    Badges
    Folder Icons
    11926941195_b4d00b91a0_c.jpg
    But Great work Jahooba. I too will pay for an upgrade.
    Last edited by recklesstryg; 01-13-2014 at 04:51 AM.