+ Reply
Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Not much more to do at this point. Tomorrow I'm finishing up the iPhone 4 dialer - I've added a cool glow effect to the keys when they're pressed. After
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Not much more to do at this point. Tomorrow I'm finishing up the iPhone 4 dialer - I've added a cool glow effect to the keys when they're pressed.

After that I have a folder with about 50 buttons (all the same type) that I can knock out pretty quickly if I do them all in one marathon-go. Or, now that I think about it, I may do those in the post-release update.

The new lockscreen will be the last big thing. I've already started it, but like all my major designs, this one is starting out rough. Once the little stuff is out of the way I can focus on it and progress will quicken. I can always tweak and refine it after I release it

Should be quiet around here tomorrow, so hopefully ill get a lot done!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TheAmazingLawzi's Avatar
    Thanks

Chain, I see your meme, and raise you:
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1362545797.313100.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default My thoughts on everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I've been fixing and adding hundreds (thousands?) of files for the past three weeks - If I were you I wouldn't attempt it yourself, lol, not when it's this close to release.

Most of the big stuff is done, now I mainly have to tweak it and test it out a bit. You can follow my Twitter for progress updates. There is no release date set, but it feels like it will be very soon now.
    Ok, Thank you very much!!
    I can't wait!
    By the way, I tried out the clock widget (which was free I hope... Since I found it somewhere in the forum) And I can't seem to be able to use a wallpaper with it, maybe I used an old version?

P.S. I was wondering are Cydia transactions secure? Since I know this will be a paid theme. But I can't seem to get myself to trust an app that is at its core illegal...
    P.S.2. The... Everything about this theme seems amazing! I thank you in advance for the epicocity! (I even already downloaded all the other needed apps/tweeks so when it goes out I won't have to waste time)
    P.S.3 You should make a DeviantArt account and show images of your work there... Great creations get really respected in that artist community and they get the popularity they deserve, it is actually from there that I got to here: Neurotech Modifications by ~recklesstryg on deviantART

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ddepu For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Too bad its not funny-soon-noon.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If just the updates that have been put into the Bitesms app and the previews on twitter were all of it i'd be happy lol, as it stands i'm not sure how J has any sanity left... when i sit down to do icons i pull mine from existing images for the most part, this creating stuff from scratch is way out of my level of ability at the moment

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    If just the updates that have been put into the Bitesms app and the previews on twitter were all of it i'd be happy lol, as it stands i'm not sure how J has any sanity left... when i sit down to do icons i pull mine from existing images for the most part, this creating stuff from scratch is way out of my level of ability at the moment
    Actually, if you saw how I really make this stuff, you'd think me even more insane, lol.

For the dialer, for example, I create the line drawing (drafting), and from that I extrude geometry, save the geometry as an obj file in parts depending on what layer it will be - I then import that into Cinema 4D and add textures and render it, then I export that as a png, then import that png into photoshop where I measure out the image to the correct pixel size, organize the layers for pressed and unpressed buttons, add glow, cut the image into parts, export the parts as the correct image names, and then import all the new files into the phone via iFunbox for testing. Then I find that all the images were messed up because of a blending layer I forgot to flatten, so then I do it all again. Then I have to do exactly the same thing for the smaller iPhone 4 screen size.

Neurotech proper is around 3,000 images and growing, and for most of them I save and organize all the files from the above steps. And on top of all this I need to have the exact file names, folder names, and know the corresponding WinterBoard folder name - basically I have to actually make it work. Sometimes I can't believe it does!

Then I need to organize it into an upload for Cydia, manage descriptions and market it.

Sometimes I finish stuff entirely, but after some testing I find that a little change here or there will look better, so I have to go all the way back and edit the original line drawing. This happens all the time.

And then you get to enjoy the exact same thing on your device for $2. Insane, right?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-09-2013), Nayan712 (03-06-2013), TheAmazingLawzi (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ddepu View Post
    Ok, Thank you very much!!
    I can't wait!
    By the way, I tried out the clock widget (which was free I hope... Since I found it somewhere in the forum) And I can't seem to be able to use a wallpaper with it, maybe I used an old version?

P.S. I was wondering are Cydia transactions secure? Since I know this will be a paid theme. But I can't seem to get myself to trust an app that is at its core illegal...
    P.S.2. The... Everything about this theme seems amazing! I thank you in advance for the epicocity! (I even already downloaded all the other needed apps/tweeks so when it goes out I won't have to waste time)
    P.S.3 You should make a DeviantArt account and show images of your work there... Great creations get really respected in that artist community and they get the popularity they deserve, it is actually from there that I got to here: Neurotech Modifications by ~recklesstryg on deviantART

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it! Some people, like me, respond really well to glowing lines. I think it's that part of the brain responsible for edge-detection. If there's one thing I don't like it's a fuzzy or ill-defined shape - the glow only serves to pull your eye towards the edge itself

Maybe I will do the DeviantArt thing - it seems there are a lot of like-minded artists there. There's a real tech-geek vibe on the site, I'd probably fit right it
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

Cydia is perfectly legal, you own your device, what you choose to do with it is up to you. It is "technically" illegal to jailbreak any new iPad ( an ignorant exception in the new dmca) however older tablets and all phones are still fair game. As far as security, I have been buying jailbreak apps on cydia since the 3G came out and I have 0 issues to date.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

TheAmazingLawzi (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Cydia is perfectly legal, you own your device, what you choose to do with it is up to you. It is "technically" illegal to jailbreak any new iPad ( an ignorant exception in the new dmca) however older tablets and all phones are still fair game. As far as security, I have been buying jailbreak apps on cydia since the 3G came out and I have 0 issues to date.
    He is correct. For transactions, Amazon or Paypal are used, and both are secure. As for Cydia's legality, Apple wishes it to be illegal, but hilariously enough, they draw from it in order to add to iOS. It will never be completely illegal.

Thanks

Jailbreaking will never be illegal as in you'll be ticketed or penalized in court - it's only "unlawful" in the sense that Apple can legally void your warranty if you jailbreak - which means you give up your right to sue Apple if your jailbroken device catastrophically malfunctions.

Jailbreaking is a wonderful thing - don't let any person or any law tell you otherwise!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-09-2013), TheAmazingLawzi (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Technically on ipads it's as illegal as pirating movies and music as it's part of the same law the digital millennium copyright act aka that annoying thing on google that takes away half of your search results. of course you see how many people are pulled out of their homes by the RIAA gestapo lol. I highly doubt that it will ever be something the general public needs to concern themselves with

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Technically on ipads it's as illegal as pirating movies and music as it's part of the same law the digital millennium copyright act aka that annoying thing on google that takes away half of your search results. of course you see how many people are pulled out of their homes by the RIAA gestapo lol. I highly doubt that it will ever be something the general public needs to concern themselves with
    Hah, yeah - a law is only valid if it's enforced, so jailbreak away!

Can someone send me a screenshot of the voicemail window (in the phone app)?
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

Default Voicemail from Phone App [IPhone 5]

Neurotech [HD]-image.png

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nayan712 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-06-2013), recklesstryg (03-07-2013)

Thanks

I feel like the update is looking pretty good as I have it right now.

I'm now working on the lockscreen, which is probably going to be the hardest part! I've gone through two versions of a lockscreen already and scrapped them, as they weren't up to my standards.

For tomorrow's effort I have an idea to cannibalize some of my past, unreleased designs and smash them together into something new.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

TheAmazingLawzi (03-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jahooba can u theme out podswitcher! That would be dope!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xSourStarx View Post
    Jahooba can u theme out podswitcher! That would be dope!
    I took a look at Podswitcher, and it's already fairly Neurotechy with the white transparent icons. Also, the backgrounds are changed by code, so what can be themed is a bit limited.

Some mods just don't lend themselves to the Neurotech style - like Auxo. I really don't like the little switcher previews messing up the Ntech less-is-more design approach
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-09-2013), Nayan712 (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Gettin ancy for the update

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-09-2013), TheAmazingLawzi (03-10-2013)

Thanks

Gettin ancy for the update
    Dude, me too! I'm looking forward to taking a day off when this is done

Did you see how my new lockscreen is progressing? I put some images on my Twitter. It looks a bit different now that I've worked on it a few more hours.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (03-10-2013), TheAmazingLawzi (03-10-2013)

Thanks

So stoked J. I've been following your progress, and its just golden.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-10-2013)

Thanks

Neurotech is in final testing - if all goes well it should be out this week

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Nayan712 (03-10-2013), recklesstryg (03-11-2013)