+ Reply
Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2594

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech [HD]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Nayan712 Just updated to an ip5 past weekend, i feel so lost without Neurotech :[ Yeah I know what you mean - when I pick up my
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nayan712 View Post
    Just updated to an ip5 past weekend, i feel so lost without Neurotech :[
    Yeah I know what you mean - when I pick up my mom or my sister's iPhone and turn on the screen I recoil in horror. With these colorful icons on the springboard it doesn't strike me as a machine of the future. The icons on an unthemed iPhone make it look more like a billboard stuffed with advertisements. It's like a tiny version of Time Square with each tiny, rounded square vying for your attention like some cheap corporate siren.

But then I look at my iPod with Neurotech installed and it's gentle glowing lines soothes my brain. I'm a bit biased, though

I honestly don't think I'd own an iPod or iPhone if I couldn't jailbreak.

Which reminds me - I just read an article in which the author lays out why it's the end of Apple. It's an understatement to say he's premature in his analysis, what with Apple raking in the dough still, but it's kind of interesting. Even more interesting, I thought, was my reply, which I've copied below in case you're bored.

The iPhone 6 won't wow: 6 reasons why | Crave - CNET

I don't think Apple fans are as die-hard as they used to be, not with the design approach of Samsung. Samsung's designs are rounded and pretty and feel good in the hand. Apple is sticking to right-angles for some reason I don't understand. Not that the iPhone isn't a svelte, amazing device - it just doesn't have that glamorous look to it anymore.

Actually, Samsung seems to have taken the rounded Apple design that many of us liked in the early iPods. When I think about the 3rd gen iPod that I bought, it had a white, rounded design that looked futuristic in its day. The design made me fantasize about a future where shiny, white, rounded devices and robots where the norm. When the iPhone 4 hit my heart sank - it was entirely the wrong direction, I felt.

Now I get that same feeling, but when holding the Galaxy Note 2. It looks and feels like the future. Right angles were a nice experiment, but now Apple has to move away from that.

I also have to agree that Apple's iOS needs to change. I've been making themes since the 2nd gen iPod touch. I make themes because I hate the UI of iOS. There's ugly wood veneer textures and dull, rounded buttons everywhere, and a horrible blue linen texture that hovers behind everything. It feels like my grandmother's sewing room.

Apple is trying to maintain a cohesive design language throughout its product line, and I understand that appeal to some, but they've painted (and textured) themselves into a corner. They've made themselves inflexible with their rigid adherence to their own design rules. Those rules have undoubtedly brought them far, and it wasn't totally unpleasant, but the industry is changing, people are changing, and with that change Apple must re-consider and re-invent their rigid design philosophy.
    I may be wrong about Apple fans not being as die-hard. They may be just as loyal as they've always been, but the thing that's changed recently, or so I've gathered from all that I've read, is that Apple fans are not as vocal as they once were. It's not that they aren't loyal, it's that they know a good design when they see one, and there are some fantastic phones out there now. It used to be that Apple was the only name in town when it came to sleek, well-crafted smartphones. Over the past year that has been turned on it's head. The competition has caught on to exactly what it is that consumers like about the iPhone: the tiny details. Designers are learning to focus on even the smallest of crevasses, buttons, and latches. A speaker is no longer a mere hole that outputs sound - now it's a tiny, beautiful work of art.

I feel that consumer electronics have turned a corner recently. A couple weeks ago I stepped into a Verizon Wireless store and I was completely in awe of all the beautiful phones on display. That's never happened to me before. I have a keen eye for design, and up until that moment, every time I've walked into a VW store I was disappointed. Now, every one of the phones on display were amazing.

And then there's the issue with Apple's UI. I touched on this a little in my quote above, but I know how Apple can turn it around: allow user-made themes on the App Store. Why not? In fact, not only should they accept such a thing, they should encourage it. They should release tools for iOS designers. I can envision a tool that displays every graphic and all the designer has to do is create the largest iteration of that image (for a Retina iPad), then hit a button and the program will resize and rename that graphic for every device resolution. I have no doubt that Apple has something like this internally.

I would absolutely love for theming to be my official job. There's simply not enough money in it, though, not for the amount of work involved, and no for so small an audience; theming is only available to jailbreakers. It makes me sad. I can only imagine the millions of people that would love to try my theme but can't. People spend hundreds of millions a year on cases for their device because it personalizes their purchase - it makes it their own in a small, comforting way. Theming is exactly the same. Probably the only reason they won't make it official is because of copyright - everyone would be stealing and using everyone else's designs. There would have to be severe limitations as to what would constitute a theme on the App Store. Fortunately I could create unique designs for each icon. I can imagine on the more popular themes (in my App Store fantasy), app creators could buy an icon for their favorite themes. App developers could pay a dollar or two to have their app icon themed. That way I could either hire someone to make icons or do it myself, time permitting - which would keep the theme in development. There could be an entire theming sub-economy. It would be amazing.

Unfortunately there's no clear path to make such a fantasy a reality. I doubt such a reality will ever come to be, or if it does it will probably be long after I'm dead or gone. But, it's a good dream
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-19-2013 at 09:58 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-19-2013), Nayan712 (01-23-2013), recklesstryg (01-31-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TheAmazingLawzi's Avatar
    Thanks

What we need is the ability to Digitize humans. I mean, who doesn't love the idea of human form in a digital space? It's biodigital jazz!

Thanks

Jailbreak is coming. :3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingLawzi View Post
    Jailbreak is coming. :3
    Shouldn't be long now - the latest beta is nearly identical to the GM. I wonder if this kind of delay is strange, or if it's business as usual.

Thanks

Hey guys (and girls?),

This has nothing to do with my theme, but I know a lot of you are TRON fans. Part of the reason we all like TRON is because of all the cool glowing stuff in the movies.

So, I've been looking for a way to make such mood lighting around my house and I stumbled across this at Costco:

Amazon.com: Sylvania Mosaic Flexible LED Light Kit: Home Improvement

The alternative to this are expensive and hard-to-mount, hard-to-find-locally LED string lights. These are small and can mount behind or under furniture, it's really bright, comes with a remote, and can illuminate an area in one of some 15 colors.

I feel like I just fed you a commercial or ad, but trust me this stuff is really cool - I've been looking for something like this for a long, long time!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

TheAmazingLawzi (01-28-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ello gents, it's been a while. I'm back from a stint of 15+ hours a week overtime. J i'll be getting an Iphone 5 within the next month, and i'd be more than willing to test Ntech on it to see what will need to be changed, i imagine once the jailbreak on 6.1 is delivered winterboard will still be able to do a dump of un-themed files. I'll also get you a copy of the extracted .artwork file as soon as it's possible to do so. In other news anybody seen or preordered one of these bad boys? Pebble It's a BT watch that interfaces with iPhone and Android and WP8 devices with customizable watch faces apps and more. Also I'm not sure if i've posted this one before but J check out leapmotion.com. It's a motion capture device with a sensitivity of 1/100th of mm designed for use on pc and mac. imagine setting it up in front of your monitor and having it configured to use with keyboard shortcuts in your drawing / digital art program of choice. rather than drawing on the screen you can draw in the air.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), Jahooba (01-28-2013)

Thanks

Sunday is funday :d

Thanks

Chaingun, if I need someone to test for me then I'll come to you first, thanks

If the Pebble allows custom UI artwork I may have to do a little research into it.

Thanks

It looks as though Apple is going to make the next iPad with the rounded design of the iPod Touch.

Personally I think this is a good design. I really like the tapered edge of my iPad 3, but it's not very comfortable to grasp. The rounded edges on the new design should fix that. And it's black! How cool is that? The new iPod Touch looks fantastic in black, and maybe the New New iPad will come in other colors as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The pebble does indeed alow custom artwork, however it appears to be black and white only using the epaper technology. it does have a backlight tho so i suppose if it's like the old school green glow that might look cool lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    The pebble does indeed alow custom artwork, however it appears to be black and white only using the epaper technology. it does have a backlight tho so i suppose if it's like the old school green glow that might look cool lol
    I don't have a problem designing in black and white

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I don't have a problem designing in black and white
    No one does it better (Accept maybe Kevin Flynn himself )

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013), Jahooba (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nayan712 View Post
    Just updated to an ip5 past weekend, i feel so lost without Neurotech :[
    Me too

Haha, that's awesome! Is that an LCD screen? You want me to make a larger version for you, one that's dark, maybe? The light blue is a little hard to see.
    That would be awesome.

I printed it out on a Transparency sheet. The actual version is just a sheet of plastic. There is a piece of clear plastic with three LEDs on the edges that light it from behind.
    Neurotech [HD]-xb-og.png
    Actual
    Neurotech [HD]-01xb.png
    Mine
    Last edited by recklesstryg; 01-31-2013 at 10:52 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to recklesstryg For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Here you go - these are a bit higher res, though I'm not sure what it will look like when it's printed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neurotech [HD]-siri-ntech.png   Neurotech [HD]-ngauge2.png   Neurotech [HD]-ngauge3.png  
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-31-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added Dark Version

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013), recklesstryg (02-01-2013), TheAmazingLawzi (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Those Siri images look sick Jay!

Can't wait for this weekend for the untethered jb!
    Feels like its been forever

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayan712 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-31-2013)

Thanks

So, what are some must-have icons for Neurotech? Any broken icons you've noticed? Let me know!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Hip5 (02-02-2013), Nayan712 (02-02-2013)

Thanks

So, what are some must-have icons for Neurotech? Any broken icons you've noticed? Let me know!
    Well, it's not an icon, but I'd think it'd be cool to see a blueprint/blackprint styled background for Neurotech. Neurotech [HD]-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359785279.445304.jpg

As far as icons go, the majority of apps that I use have been Neurotech'd out, so I think I can live with what's available.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAmazingLawzi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Jahooba,
    Just found this theme. It looks awesome and will be one of th1st on my IP5 soon as the JB drops. I am in the process of going through all the posts. I will probably, have a few icon requests in a few days. Original icons would look out of place on this. Lol. Can't wait for the JB and this. Is BSMS themed the answer is probably in the thread please don't flame I will look through all the pages tonight just curious.

Thanks ; HIP5

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hip5 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Jahooba (02-02-2013), Nayan712 (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Thanks HIP5 - for the next update I'm probably dropping the price for a while, so you may want to hold off purchasing until the next update.

BiteSMS is themed. There are a couple buttons I haven't themed, I just noticed.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-02-2013), Hip5 (02-02-2013), Nayan712 (02-03-2013), recklesstryg (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Here you go - these are a bit higher res, though I'm not sure what it will look like when it's printed out.
    Neurotech [HD]-xb-jahooba.png
    I am going to print it out tomorrow.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to recklesstryg For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-03-2013)