+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [collaborative CONCEPT] Metro

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Well, let me start out by stressing the fact that this is, as of right now PURELY A CONCEPT. None of this is even running on a phone yet, it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default [collaborative CONCEPT] Metro
    Well, let me start out by stressing the fact that this is, as of right now PURELY A CONCEPT. None of this is even running on a phone yet, it is just a mockup I made in GIMP. \

I have always been better at coming up with ideas than implementing them, so I was hoping this could sort of turn into a collaborative project, combining the skills of everyone here to make this come alive.

NONE OF THE ACTUAL ARTWORK IS MY WORK
    if anyone who is the creator of the pieces I am using would like it removed from this theme, just PM me, I'd be happy to oblige

the clock widget is from the free beta of Signature by Bluemetal (beautiful theme btw, you should check it out)
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-every-os.html

the icons are from a WinMo 6.5 theme by mobilitynews
    Windows Phone 7 Series Metro Iconset v0.91 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone.

as I'm sure you have noticed, the concept for this theme comes from WP7/Zune devices

most of the design is fairly straightforward...it is designed to be a single page theme, with the dock containing a single "folder" (probably would have to be done with categories) that launches into an app launcher, and then the very bottom row of icons would be sort of a "dock" . I was thinking that the icons inside the app launcher would be all text, similar to the UI of a zune HD

the facebook RSS could probably be modded from an existing RSS widget (or made new, if someone is up to the task). I am gonna look into modding one, but I'm not too good at that type of stuff, so I don't know how far I'll get on my own

This is just a mockup, so obviously there are some errors, its just a rough draft. I know the icons wouldn't be that close to the dock, etc.

The icon pack can be downloaded from that second link for anyone that wants to mess around with it

Hopefully theres some interest in this, and we can get working on a really nice collaborative theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [collaborative CONCEPT] Metro-photo.png  

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

looks pretty nice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Agree looks nice

Thanks

thanks

does anyone know a good rss widget that can be modded to fit this purpose?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

i want those icon for the dock they look very nice !!! are they already done ??

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

cool concept. id like to see ya pull it off!
    ]

Thanks

the icons can be downloaded from the link in my initial post
    theyd have to be renamed to work, and i dont know how theyd work, seeing as i havnt actually tried any of this on a phone yet

havnt really done any work on this yet, still trying to find a suitable rss widget, and havnt had much time to focus on the hunt

just had an idea for this, but does anyone know if its possible to have larger than standard icons with the @2x inside the .app folders?

when ive tried it, it shrinks them down to the standard size
    Last edited by dccorona; 10-24-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i like the zune hd concept, sounds promising, love the theme mockup