Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP/Preview] Serenity HD

Default [WIP/Preview] Serenity HD
    Hey guys...

I have a few themes I like and cycle around, but I got bored and decided to look into making my own. That being said, progress may be slow as I intend to theme as much of the GUI as I can - again this is my first attempt.

The concept behind the theme is to be minimalistic and simple, while being good to look at and easily find what you are after. I've not seen many icon sets where the app name is on the icon itself - this allows you to disable the icon labels and hence let things look a bit more simple.

As you may notice this is 100% an early WIP (started work on it last night). I am trying to reverse engineer the MP2 theme since it has been very deeply themed and it's helping me understand things, so right now *some* elements are MP2 right now and I do appologise to FIF7Y if he is unhappy about this - again, all elements will be reworked and i've simply not got around to theming the dock icons yet.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woohoomoo For This Useful Post:

blast123 (10-06-2010)

New preview image. Icon designs themselves were done from scratch but some of the icons inside them (eg, the telephone, the envelope etc) are not original artwork - depending on the reception I get they will be reworked from sratch - they are intended only for preview purpose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woohoomoo For This Useful Post:

blast123 (10-06-2010)

they look nice u should put a black wallpaper on to make ur icons stand out more

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blast123 For This Useful Post:

woohoomoo (10-06-2010)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cocotherat For This Useful Post:

woohoomoo (10-06-2010)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

woohoomoo (10-06-2010)

Thanks guys. I've posted a similar topic on another forum (not sure I can mention their name here?) purely just to get as much input as possible. Again i'm new to doing my own themes so critique (good & bad) is most welcome.

On the other forum though someone mentioned the black 'border' around the icons needed work. It's very subtle but the docked icons have a slight black 'glow' to try and ease away any jaggies - does the edges on the docked icons look better? Get rid of them? Another colour?

Basically... how would you make this better?

PS. Does anyone know of any sounds I can use for lock/unlock, battery charging, clicks etc that would fit well with this theme? Must be 'freeware' or based around the creative commons 2 licensing (Creative Commons — Attribution 2.0 Generic)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Woohoo ye. Try some grass shuffling for unlocking.

That's all I can think of xD