Page 2847 of 2938 FirstFirst ... 1847 2347 2747 2797 283728452846284728482849 2857 2897 ... LastLast
Results 56,921 to 56,940 of 58750

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite PRO HD [ RELEASE ]

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Well, almost every single one of the alphasquad including myself have updated the thread. We may not speak FOR Bars, but we speak TO Bars.
    Understood. "I" get it. And yet some keep on with how you described. Was just wondering what might be the difference between this and, let's say, one of Blue's theme threads. Only diff --> Blue 'himself' checks in daily. Just musing at to why people might respond differently here even though the Alpha team is keeping us well-informed.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (03-02-2013)

Hows it going Elite squad Hope everyone is doing well!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iskariotA For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), EricB78 (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), TaJr12 (03-03-2013)

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), EricB78 (03-02-2013), Hip5 (03-02-2013), iRyanKGT (03-02-2013), iskariotA (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), silverstang22 (03-02-2013), TaJr12 (03-03-2013)

Is the beta repo still the same? I know it's a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by iskarioT View Post
    Hows it going Elite squad Hope everyone is doing well!!!
    What's up bud? Doing very well. Thanks

Well, I'm drunk. Don't mind me.
    Haha. Nice MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Is the beta repo still the same? I know it's a stupid question.
    The repo for iOS5 is still the same. There isn't a repo for iOS6 yet. Bars and several others are hard at work getting this awesome theme ready for release.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (03-02-2013), iRyanKGT (03-02-2013), iskariotA (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), TaJr12 (03-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

I will gladly donate again I have had my phone Iphone 4 since the begining with Elite and I will gladly donate to keep my look I have not upgrades since IOS 4.2 should I bite the bullet and do it now. I am running an Iphone 4 with OS 4.28 Everything works awesome but I need to update my os I know I am going to lose my Jailbreak and Elite is it hard or possible to jailbreak after an upgrade to 6.1? and do you have to go all the way to 6.1 can you go like to 5.2 or something. I know this is off topic but I am petrified to do this update thing and lose my perfect phone. Thanks for any help or advice you can share on this.

Well, first, I would backup all of your themes, and other jb stuff that you wouldn't want to lose. If you connect your phone to iTunes and it says that the current update is 6.1.3, the JB doesn't work for it. If it's 6.1.2, you're golden. The JB works great. You just plug your phone in, hit JB, and it does everything for you. If you need more help, or have questions, feel free to PM me.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-02-2013), Hip5 (03-02-2013), iRyanKGT (03-02-2013), silverstang22 (03-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Understood. "I" get it. And yet some keep on with how you described. Was just wondering what might be the difference between this and, let's say, one of Blue's theme threads. Only diff --> Blue 'himself' checks in daily. Just musing at to why people might respond differently here even though the Alpha team is keeping us well-informed.
    Each themer does their own thing man. If some want to hang out daily in their threads great, if not, no difference as long as they are working. Robs working.
    And really, Rob don't need to pop in to say anything.
    Elite6 is a new theme. And he will get posting when he's ready.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-02-2013), bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), Darka5sa5sin (03-02-2013), EricB78 (03-02-2013), Hip5 (03-02-2013), iRyanKGT (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), TEK_2012 (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,357 Times in 1,494 Posts

When it is released we will know.

Nobody owes us anything. This thread has revolutionized itself from tweaks to widgets. Icons to wallpapers and so on.

As long as we are here together as a community and help each other out, The thread will keep going. Of course Elite is a nice theme. That's why we keep coming back. I like other themes but for some reason Elite is always still there.

Just cuz we donate doesn't make us a personal tester. Hell everyone donated. You know how much work that'll be hearing hundreds of email on " This don't look right" This and that. Let him do his thing with the ones that are testing. Once they are satisfied we will truly know and can get the new Elite6.

Couple 10 pages back (I think) someone complained about Bars not coming on here. Whoopty woo. Everyone is still here and knowledgable to help out with most fixes or requests. I'm sure he reads it and knows the thread moves a long nicely.

Okie sorry for the rant.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (03-03-2013), EricB78 (03-02-2013), Heine (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), Korazu (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), TEK_2012 (03-02-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013)

Just to give everyone an idea of the quality of work getting put into the new version. This is the inner part of a camera icon that I did. This is only my version if that tells you anything.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-02-2013), Brewko (03-03-2013), G-weezy (03-02-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), jjk454ss (03-02-2013), Korazu (03-02-2013), NewdestinyX (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013), TEK_2012 (03-02-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013), wakeenaushad (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,357 Times in 1,494 Posts

Looks good boss. I was working on a lens as well lol.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

TEK_2012 (03-02-2013)

You're welcome guys. I just can't stand when people start getting "entitled" and "holier-than-thou" and start demanding things.
    Excuse me but wouldn't the term "holier-than-thou" be like the post where you preached about on how you are part of the AlphaSquad? Don't bother responding, you're no one special in this world just because you can put someone in their place or have something others don't yet.
    Give me a break

22. The Following User Says Thank You to erikjames For This Useful Post:

wrussell1989 (03-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by erikjames View Post
    Excuse me but wouldn't the term "holier-than-thou" be like the post where you preached about on how you are part of the AlphaSquad? Don't bother responding, you're no one special in this world just because you can put someone in their place or have something others don't yet.
    Give me a break
    Just so you know, alphasquad simply means the group of initial testers. Before you get to beta testing you do alpha testing. The squad part comes from someone who nicknamed the core group of people that were contributing on this thread over a year ago. Seeing that you only joined the forum this February, I'm guessing that you hadn't seen all of the "squad up" quotes that went on in here a lot last year.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), Korazu (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-02-2013), TEK_2012 (03-02-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Just so you know, alphasquad simply means the group of initial testers. Before you get to beta testing you do alpha testing. The squad part comes from someone who nicknamed the core group of people that were contributing on this thread over a year ago. Seeing that you only joined the forum this February, I'm guessing that you hadn't seen all of the "squad up" quotes that went on in here a lot last year.
    This.

The term "AlphaSquad" spawned out of the fact that before a theme goes into beta testing it is alpha tested.

The members of the "AlphaSquad" we're chosen because we have been here since day 1, since Elite Pro HD released and those who are personal friends to Bars. We have practically signed a blood contract to keep it completely under wraps.

Like I said before, it's worth the wait.
    Last edited by Raaj FX; 03-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raaj FX For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), Darka5sa5sin (03-03-2013), EricB78 (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Raaj FX View Post
    This.

The term "AlphaSquad" spawned out of the fact that before a theme goes into beta testing it is alpha tested.

The members of the "AlphaSquad" we're chosen before we have been here since day 1, since Elite Pro HD released and those who are personal friends to Bars. We have practically signed a blood contract to keep it completely under wraps.

Like I said before, it's worth the wait.
    It's cool. "I" totally understand but to some it could seem 'elitist' - this alpha squad thing. And in all the tech worlds I've been in "alpha" level is usually the designers themselves - no outsiders. What's being termed here as "alpha" team is usually a group of beta testers who all sign NDA's. (non disclosure agreements). But Bars' theme has been called Beta for a very long time. So I guess he just thinks of alpha and beta differently.

It's all good. We'll get an amazing update when he's ready.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by erikjames View Post
    Give me a break
    Never claimed to be "someone special" and out of respect to the people who frequent this thread, the gold members of this forum, the contributors that carry this thread through thick and thin, the alpha squad, bars, and anyone else who happens to stop in, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over as YOU said my "putting you in your place" (your words, not mine) I will simply correct your misconceptions. Firstly, I did NOT preach anything. I made simple, truthful statements and attempted to answer a question that has been asked MANY times on this forum and many others since iOS 6 and the evasi0n jailbreak were released. Secondly, asking the same question multiple times when it has been asked and answered many times in the last 12 or so pages leads me to believe that you do not read the threads before posting blindly. Such is the nature of a thread, and it is expected and common etiquette to read recent posts before you post. Thirdly, if stating that the alpha squad, (or alpha testers -- if that is a term you are more comfortable with..) are thoroughly Testing things and giving our opinion to Bars, as well as other "alpha testers" are making widgets and icons, is something you consider "preaching," then I suggest you find a different church. It was a simple statement and a simple answer to a question that was asked in this forum. Now, you may have misunderstood my earlier post, and if that's the case, then so be it. However, most of the people that know me, also know that you are getting a much "gentler" response than I am known to give when I get ticked off. I am not usually a woman that holds my tongue or my FIRE (EricB, KOH, tajr, newDestiny ... You know what I mean and have seen me first hand )... But as previously stated, I am toning down my reaction out of simple RESPECT. My suggestion-- take it or leave it, of course-- is that you also learn to show some respect for your fellow forum members. As you have clearly proven that you have nothing valuable to contribute, at least for my personal viewing, I will be muting you out of further respect for MY fellow forum members.

Enjoy your day.

Also... For updates on the theme, for those of you that don't understand that the very REASON Bars isn't here in the forum chatting you up, is BECAUSE he really is working around the clock on this refresh... He is on twitter at @BarsOverBeats. Suggest you follow him there if you need constant updates from the boss himself.

***Eric that camera icon is BEAST***

It's cool. "I" totally understand but to some it could seem 'elitist' - this alpha squad thing. And in all the tech worlds I've been in "alpha" level is usually the designers themselves - no outsiders. What's being termed here as "alpha" team is usually a group of beta testers who all sign NDA's. (non disclosure agreements). But Bars' theme has been called Beta for a very long time. So I guess he just thinks of alpha and beta differently.

Also, most of the "alphas" are also designing things as well. Some icons, some widgets, some lock screens, so yes there is one chief (Bars) and a few Indians (alphasquad)
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), Carvensno (03-02-2013), CSK25 (03-03-2013), Darka5sa5sin (03-03-2013), EricB78 (03-02-2013), Heine (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), iskariotA (03-03-2013), NewdestinyX (03-02-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013), Toproaster (03-03-2013)

I am not usually a woman that holds my tongue or my FIRE (EricB, KOH, tajr, newDestiny ... You know what I mean and have seen me first hand )... But as previously stated, I am toning down my reaction out of simple RESPECT. My suggestion-- take it or leave it, of course-- is that you also learn to show some respect for your fellow forum members. As you have clearly proven that you have nothing valuable to contribute, at least for my personal viewing, I will be muting you out of further respect for MY fellow forum members.

Enjoy your day.

Also... For updates on the theme, for those of you that don't understand that the very REASON Bars isn't here in the forum chatting you up, is BECAUSE he really is working around the clock on this refresh... He is on twitter at @BarsOverBeats. Suggest you follow him there if you need constant updates from the boss himself.
    Well said MJ! This guy got off easy.. Lol!! Well done
    Also, most of the "alphas" are also designing things as well. Some icons, some widgets, some lock screens, so yes there is one chief (Bars) and a few Indians (alphasquad)
    Understood. I'll follow him there.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 750 Posts

Never claimed to be "someone special" and out of respect to the people who frequent this thread, the gold members of this forum, the contributors that carry this thread through thick and thin, the alpha squad, bars, and anyone else who happens to stop in, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over as YOU said my "putting you in your place" (your words, not mine) I will simply correct your misconceptions. Firstly, I did NOT preach anything. I made simple, truthful statements and attempted to answer a question that has been asked MANY times on this forum and many others since iOS 6 and the evasi0n jailbreak were released. Secondly, asking the same question multiple times when it has been asked and answered many times in the last 12 or so pages leads me to believe that you do not read the threads before posting blindly. Such is the nature of a thread, and it is expected and common etiquette to read recent posts before you post. Thirdly, if stating that the alpha squad, (or alpha testers -- if that is a term you are more comfortable with..) are thoroughly Testing things and giving our opinion to Bars, as well as other "alpha testers" are making widgets and icons, is something you consider "preaching," then I suggest you find a different church. It was a simple statement and a simple answer to a question that was asked in this forum. Now, you may have misunderstood my earlier post, and if that's the case, then so be it. However, most of the people that know me, also know that you are getting a much "gentler" response than I am known to give when I get ticked off. I am not usually a woman that holds my tongue or my FIRE (EricB, KOH, tajr, newDestiny ... You know what I mean and have seen me first hand )... But as previously stated, I am toning down my reaction out of simple RESPECT. My suggestion-- take it or leave it, of course-- is that you also learn to show some respect for your fellow forum members. As you have clearly proven that you have nothing valuable to contribute, at least for my personal viewing, I will be muting you out of further respect for MY fellow forum members.

Enjoy your day.

***Eric that camera icon is BEAST***

Well said MJ!!! I have respect for everyone that contributes and helps out people and myself. I'm don't have photoshop and appreciate the help I get when making a request for help on making a icon, or someone is Sharing a widget, LS's and etc.... I support Rob plus a little extra every time he refreshes his theme. He is one of a few that keeps his theme updated and can't wait to see what he has for us this time. From hearing what's is being said? Sounds like it going to be awesome as usual!! Rob works in perfection and that can't be rushed.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Well, first, I would backup all of your themes, and other jb stuff that you wouldn't want to lose. If you connect your phone to iTunes and it says that the current update is 6.1.3, the JB doesn't work for it. If it's 6.1.2, you're golden. The JB works great. You just plug your phone in, hit JB, and it does everything for you. If you need more help, or have questions, feel free to PM me.
    So helpful...you help every single person in here no wether their questions are advanced, completely noob or anywhere in between. You've helped me several times. Just wanted to shout out and say thanks in a way that was more telling than the thanks button.

I don't usually post on here that often. I check in and read often but don't usually chime in unless its a question or answering a question of someone else's that my Intermediate knowledge and ps skill is capable of helping. With the tiny bit of drama in the last couple of pages I just wanted to say thank you to MJ, Eric, and whoever else is in alpha squad for their help here on the thread and on the theme. As someone who has tested video games as an occupation for quite sometime I understand the difference between alpha and beta. Both are conducted by third party companies usually not just the developers themselves. Even that being said, it is up to the developer to include or not include others in that testing so there really is no set rule on how that is supposed to work. If you want to be apart of everything in beta testing, go buy any windows product. Their **** is always in beta testing. Apple makes clean products because they usually don't prematurely release stuff, USUALLY! I like themes that do the same thing. Personally I don't wanna take my $200 I5 and put a piece if crap broken theme on my phone that makes me restore my phone or look at an incomplete UI. So I'm glad to wait. Bars, Eric, MJ and the rest...just let me know when it's done. I'm glad to wait for quality! I deal with incomplete crap all day.
    Last edited by silverstang22; 03-03-2013 at 12:10 AM.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silverstang22 For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Well said MJ!!! I have respect for everyone that contributes and helps out people and myself. I'm don't have photoshop and appreciate the help I get when making a request for help on making a icon, or someone is Sharing a widget, LS's and etc.... I support Rob plus a little extra every time he refreshes his theme. He is one of a few that keeps his theme updated and can't wait to see what he has for us this time. From hearing what's is being said? Sounds like it going to be awesome as usual!! Rob works in perfection and that can't be rushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstang22 View Post
    So helpful...you help every single person in here no wether their questions are advanced, completely noob or anywhere in between. You've helped me several times. Just wanted to shout out and say thanks in a way that was more telling than the thanks button.

I don't usually post on here that often. I check in and read often but don't usually chime in unless its a question or answering a question of someone else's that my Intermediate knowledge and ps skill is capable of helping. With the tiny bit of drama in the last couple of pages I just wanted to say thank you to MJ, Eric, and whoever else is in alpha squad for their help here on the thread and on the theme. As someone who has tested video games as an occupation for quite sometime I understand the difference between alpha and beta. Both are conducted by third party companies usually not just the developers themselves. Even that being said, it is up to the developer to include or not include others in that testing so there really is no set rule on how that is supposed to work. If you want to be apart of everything in beta testing, go buy any windows product. Their **** is always in beta testing. Apple makes clean products because they usually don't prematurely release stuff, USUALLY! I like themes that do the same thing. Personally I don't wanna take my $200 I5 and put a piece if crap broken theme on my phone that makes me restore my phone or look at an incomplete UI. So I'm glad to wait. Bars, Eric, MJ and the rest...just let me know when it's done. I'm glad to wait for quality! I deal with incomplete crap all day.
    I want to start with a heartfelt thank you to Carvensno and Silverstang for the appreciation. I do what I do because of people like you. It NEVER bothers me to help people that I know appreciate it. Now, Glenn, I understand your viewpoint. You may feel that MJ sound "elitist", which first off cracks me up, since the theme is "elite". You need to understand that alpha doesn't mean "elite". It simply means that testing-wise, Bars felt that with having, at the moment, an incomplete theme, he could trust us to help him get this theme to the masses as clean and complete as possible. Also, I 100% agree with how MJ responded to Host Killers' post. I got a PM from him with essentially the same message. "I've donated 3 times to this theme. Send me the port you did for the iPad. I deserve it." I'm not saying that's exactly how it was worded, but that is how it came off. Me, being the nice person that I am, sent him the port for the new iPad that I did. I personally spent a lot of hours porting this theme to the new iPad and making a CK that was even close to being "elite". Do you know what kind of response I received after sending him the port? Yes, that's right. NOTHING. Not a donation. Not a, "Hey, awesome job on this port. I appreciate it." Not even a thank you. So, you know what? No more help from me for Host Killer.

Glenn, I might not always agree with the things you say, or how you say them. However, I know you appreciate the help. So, I will always offer my help when asked. There are only three other people that I will not help again. One couldn't even take the 2 seconds to hit the thanks button even after I mentioned it. One got caught with pirated themes. Now, we can add Host Killer to that list. Just the way things go sometimes I guess.

Just wanted to end this with another icon that I have made that will be posted in the frame once this theme has dropped.

And thanks MJ for the compliment on my camera icon.
    Last edited by EricB78; 03-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (03-03-2013), Carvensno (03-03-2013), iRyanKGT (03-03-2013), Krima (03-03-2013), rumcajs (03-03-2013), The_Durben (03-03-2013)

Page 2847 of 2938 FirstFirst ... 1847 2347 2747 2797 283728452846284728482849 2857 2897 ... LastLast