Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite PRO HD [ RELEASE ]

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    Thank you Sir!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Famebound's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys, major issue I've just come across after installing this theme. My data usage went from using about 2gb-3gb in one month, to using OVER 10gb and it's only halfway through the month!!! I am using the EPHDiOS5_SB_World Clock and EPHDiOS5-NativeWidget b2 (GPS) themes, and I have a feeling they have something to do with it. My world clock theme was set to refresh every 10 minutes (not that big of a deal I would think) and my NativeWidget looks as though it was set to refresh every 20 seconds (within the GetLocation_Weather.js)!!!!! I opened up the Main.js, and it says "updateInterval*60*1000", but I'm not sure what the increment of that is? Can anyone help me out on this? I'm at the point now that I want to do a restore just to keep my data manageable, as I don't have unlimited data sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Famebound View Post
    Guys, major issue I've just come across after installing this theme. My data usage went from using about 2gb-3gb in one month, to using OVER 10gb and it's only halfway through the month!!! I am using the EPHDiOS5_SB_World Clock and EPHDiOS5-NativeWidget b2 (GPS) themes, and I have a feeling they have something to do with it. My world clock theme was set to refresh every 10 minutes (not that big of a deal I would think) and my NativeWidget looks as though it was set to refresh every 20 seconds (within the GetLocation_Weather.js)!!!!! I opened up the Main.js, and it says "updateInterval*60*1000", but I'm not sure what the increment of that is? Can anyone help me out on this? I'm at the point now that I want to do a restore just to keep my data manageable, as I don't have unlimited data sadly...

Is this a fresh jailbreak? Keep in mind that after a fresh JB you download all sorts of things from
    Cydia. Some people don't realize just how much data is being used by those downloads. Also, the file size of The mods you download from mediafire, etc is directly correlated in data usage. Native weather refreshes only by the setting you have selected in the WeatherIcon tweak settings panel. The widget ITSELF is not causing data usage. No matter what the refresh time on the widget is, that's simply how often the widget pulls the TEXT data from the lib weather file already on your phone. the Widget itself is not pulling weather data from the web.

This is how native weather widgets work
    1) liveWeather tweak pulls the weather information from the web on the schedule you have selected in the settings pane OR when you manually open the stock apple weather app. And writes the text information to the libweather file on your phone. **THIS uses data**

2) the weather widget then pulls the information from the text file on the WIDGET's refresh rate in the js, or HTML. **this is a completely local, internal process. This does not use data. Your phone is only accessing your own phone's files.** this is why it doesn't matter what the refresh rate of the widget itself is. They are coded to refresh frequently, so whenever the ACTUAL weather is refreshed, (step one above) you're not waiting forever for the widget to grab that info that's been pulled.

3) your widget then displays the info that it retrieved from the text file. **no data usage here either**

So, while downloading a widget from Cydia or the web consumes a lot of data, actually running the widget doesn't use much (unless LiveWeather is refreshing too frequently--like every minute)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (09-07-2012), Famebound (09-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Is this a fresh jailbreak? Keep in mind that after a fresh JB you download all sorts of things from
    Cydia. Some people don't realize just how much data is being used by those downloads. Also, the file size of The mods you download from mediafire, etc is directly correlated in data usage. Native weather refreshes only by the setting you have selected in the WeatherIcon tweak settings panel. The widget ITSELF is not causing data usage. No matter what the refresh time on the widget is, that's simply how often the widget pulls the TEXT data from the lib weather file already on your phone. the Widget itself is not pulling weather data from the web.

This is how native weather widgets work
    1) liveWeather tweak pulls the weather information from the web on the schedule you have selected in the settings pane OR when you manually open the stock apple weather app. And writes the text information to the libweather file on your phone. **THIS uses data**

2) the weather widget then pulls the information from the text file on the WIDGET's refresh rate in the js, or HTML. **this is a completely local, internal process. This does not use data. Your phone is only accessing your own phone's files.** this is why it doesn't matter what the refresh rate of the widget itself is. They are coded to refresh frequently, so whenever the ACTUAL weather is refreshed, (step one above) you're not waiting forever for the widget to grab that info that's been pulled.

3) your widget then displays the info that it retrieved from the text file. **no data usage here either**

So, while downloading a widget from Cydia or the web consumes a lot of data, actually running the widget doesn't use much (unless LiveWeather is refreshing too frequently--like every minute)
    Bingo! I think shes right about your fresh restore data usage. I use tons everytime i restore and reload everything to my liking. If you really think it's a problem grab a data usage monitor or start watcing it from settings>General>Usage>Cellular Usage>Cellular Network Data and keep an eye on it for a day or 2. If its back to normal you will see that mamaJaay's theory fits.

Thanks

@MamaJaay

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. With that being the case, now I'm even more concerned because I don't know what is causing this data usage. If you look at the attached, however, you'll see that every 10 minutes, I'm downloading an average of 3.5mb! This is just a small timeframe too. I can scroll though this list for the entire day, and it looks the same. What's worse, is I'm uploading quite a bit too. I really hope that I'm just grossly misunderstanding these readings, but my 10gb overage and my $60 bill from AT&T say otherwise. Let me clarify as well that I haven't been manually downloading anything. My phone has literally been sitting inactive all day. All of this started the day that I downloaded this theme, and I haven't downloaded anything else that I can think of. I will also go ahead and attach a few screenshots of the Cydia tweaks I have installed, perhaps that will help.
    -img_0483.png-img_0484.png-img_0485.png-img_0486.png-img_0487.png-img_0488.png-img_0489.png-img_0490.png-img_0491.png-img_0492.png-img_0493.png-img_0493.png-img_0494.png-img_0495.png-img_0496.png-img_0497.pngAttachment 610834Attachment 610835Attachment 610836

Quote Originally Posted by .ZIP View Post
    Bingo! I think shes right about your fresh restore data usage. I use tons everytime i restore and reload everything to my liking. If you really think it's a problem grab a data usage monitor or start watcing it from settings>General>Usage>Cellular Usage>Cellular Network Data and keep an eye on it for a day or 2. If its back to normal you will see that mamaJaay's theory fits.
    The problem is, this isn't a fresh restore. I've had this image now for months and this has been going on for 3 weeks now.
    Last edited by Famebound; 09-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Do u have any big filed games running in background? I ask this because once my son kept Tiger Woods running and it used a ton of Data

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    Do u have any big filed games running in background? I ask this because once my son kept Tiger Woods running and it used a ton of Data
    Nope. I've used SBSettings and the stock Apple Mutlitask bar to close EVERYTHING I have open. Even with this, it is still getting massive downloads all day long. (I've just said eff it and turned my data off for now.)

Thanks

Nope. I've used SBSettings and the stock Apple Mutlitask bar to close EVERYTHING I have open. Even with this, it is still getting massive downloads all day long. (I've just said eff it and turned my data off for now.)
    I think IntelliscreenX refreshes Facebook, Twitter, Ticker, and any RSS feeds you have setup. Maybe turn them all to "manual Refresh"?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .ZIP For This Useful Post:

Famebound (09-06-2012), ShioN915 (09-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .ZIP View Post
    I think IntelliscreenX refreshes Facebook, Twitter, Ticker, and any RSS feeds you have setup. Maybe turn them all to "manual Refresh"?
    Damn, I think that's it. They were all set to 1 minute! :S Much appreciated!!

.ZIP beat me to it. Intelliscreen does a lot of auto refreshing unless you set it to manual. Try that first. Also get rid of any cracked software. Your version of Gridlock isn't - well -- from the authors.. LOL!!! I've had cracked software do all sorts of PHISHING things on my phone. The cracked versions are NEVER identical to their legit counterparts. Spyware is one of the most common 'stow aways' within cracked code. Those are my two best bets.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Famebound (09-07-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tomme11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    get rid of any cracked software.
    Well, I have bad news guys... Get rid of that ios-version you're using... It's cracked...

Hi everyone,
    I'm using iphone4, IOS 5.1.1, updated EPHDiOS5 and using EPHD2012 MP LS, I having issue on the LS. It showing 2 sliders, does anyone know have the same issue or just me? Does anyone know to to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sam

-photo.png

Quote Originally Posted by foreverjoe2012 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm using iphone4, IOS 5.1.1, updated EPHDiOS5 and using EPHD2012 MP LS, I having issue on the LS. It showing 2 sliders, does anyone know have the same issue or just me? Does anyone know to to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sam

-photo.png
    Is the lock mod the TOP thing in your winter board

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

foreverjoe2012 (09-07-2012)

Hi Mama.Jaay, I just moved the lock mod to the top in the winter board and it work!! Thank you so much bro!
    Last edited by foreverjoe2012; 09-07-2012 at 08:09 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone erwine's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi there... is there any avaliable GPS weather LS for ipad 3???
    Thanx 4 response!

Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 581 Posts

Hey Chevy,

On your ultimate multi touch lock the slide show is still not showing? Everything else is set to false? I did notice when I lock my phone and press home button I see the as for a second then get the grey wall? Also see in the screenshot when I select seconds to false the clock on the slide duplicates, but is fine when set to true?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darrenrooster For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-07-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenrooster View Post
    Hey Chevy,

On your ultimate multi touch lock the slide show is still not showing? Everything else is set to false? I did notice when I lock my phone and press home button I see the as for a second then get the grey wall? Also see in the screenshot when I select seconds to false the clock on the slide duplicates, but is fine when set to true?

Let me check something D.

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Link is fixed now Darren, but you can, in the CSS change #fadein z-index:-11; will do the trick. Thanks bro.
    Last edited by chevymusclecar; 09-07-2012 at 09:39 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (09-07-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

I have married together. iWidgets by by Chevy and Durben.

These would look great for ELPHD.

I can share if the guys don't mind
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 581 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post

Link is fixed now Darren, but you can, in the CSS change #fadein z-index:-11; will do the trick. Thanks bro.
    Thanks Chevy. But the touch times still duplicate when I set the seconds to false?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Darrenrooster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by erwine View Post
    Hi there... is there any avaliable GPS weather LS for ipad 3???
    Thanx 4 response!
    I'm kinda partial to this one I suppose it could be because I made it. haha

All in one LS for iPad.zip

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-07-2012), erwine (09-08-2012)

Page 2738 of 2938 FirstFirst ... 1738 2238 2638 2688 272827362737273827392740 2748 2788 2838 ... LastLast