+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elite PRO HD [ RELEASE ]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
@ companyboss thanks for your help anyway, you solved the 24 hours problem @schnedi it didn't work, I replaced the code but still, the year won't show up I'll try
    PyD
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ companyboss
    thanks for your help anyway, you solved the 24 hours problem

@schnedi
    it didn't work, I replaced the code but still, the year won't show up

I'll try to add the code for the year

Thank you for your help

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shortysos7 View Post
    Man no power and no AC because of the thunderstorm. Lol but what made me even more mad was when I looked at my gps widgets none of them were doing lightning.......-_-
    Same here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Ive changed some things around, added overlays, and included Waverleys timed background modded by Durben. The wallpaper changes according to the time of day. What do you think so far??

Oh and added the "new" animated weather by subywrex and Durben
    How many wallpaper images are involved for it to change according to the time of day?

Looks nice!

BTW, right now (11:09am) in So. IL it's 97 w/34% humidity.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 798 Posts

CMC Inbox is full

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,575 Times in 4,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tajr12 View Post
    CMC Inbox is full
    It almost always is He's a popular guy.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012), TaJr12 (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,032 Times in 4,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shortysos7 View Post
    Man no power and no AC because of the thunderstorm. Lol but what made me even more mad was when I looked at my gps widgets none of them were doing lightning.......-_-
    this is, sadly, the most distressing thing about using Yahoo weather for most of the weather widgets we have available to us on these forums. Yahoo weather is just simply the worst weather reporting company in the world. The only three things I ever see on my weather widget regardless of the weather outside is fair, cloudy, partly cloudy. Occasionally if it's raining for three days in a row you'll see light rain for a few hours on one of the days.

It's really why I stopped using animated weather widgets, because the only cool weather widgets are the ones with rain. But yahoo weather never reports rain to my phone no matter how hard it's raining outside or for how long. All these weather widgets need to be rewritten for weatherchannel.com or Google weather. And then we'd all have accurate representations on our phones of what's really going on outside our windows. I've never once seen the lightning animation on any of my weather widgets and we've been through many many storms in the last several months since I started modding. I wonder why you programmers were drawn toward Yahoo as your favorite weather service. They're just really awful.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    this is, sadly, the most distressing thing about using Yahoo weather for most of the weather widgets we have available to us on these forums. Yahoo weather is just simply the worst weather reporting company in the world. The only three things I ever see on my weather widget regardless of the weather outside is fair, cloudy, partly cloudy. Occasionally if it's raining for three days in a row you'll see light rain for a few hours on one of the days.

It's really why I stopped using animated weather widgets, because the only cool weather widgets are the ones with rain. But yahoo weather never reports rain to my phone no matter how hard it's raining outside or for how long. All these weather widgets need to be rewritten for weatherchannel.com or Google weather. And then we'd all have accurate representations on our phones of what's really going on outside our windows. I've never once seen the lightning animation on any of my weather widgets and we've been through many many storms in the last several months since I started modding. I wonder why you programmers were drawn toward Yahoo as your favorite weather service. They're just really awful.
    I can't venture to guess about why Yahoo is used, but I can say that just about every time it rains where I am, I see rain displayed in my weather widgets. Although, I would agree, I have not seen lightning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that mine lit up one night when we were having t-storms here in So. IL.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    I can't venture to guess about why Yahoo is used, but I can say that just about every time it rains where I am, I see rain displayed in my weather widgets. Although, I would agree, I have not seen lightning.
    Yahoo reports weather in Canada pretty well. I never see lightning pics. Once a year maybe. We just don't get thunderstorms here. I see rain and cloudy pics a lot though. Pretty much all it does in my city 7 months out of the year lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,032 Times in 4,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Have you ever seen FOG? WINDY? LIGHT SHOWERS? (different from LIGHT RAIN), HEAVY RAIN? These are all images that the widgets can show and these conditions have all existed since I started Modding. You go to WeatherChannel.com and you see it - you go to Yahoo.com and it just says one of the three things - year around - not matter what the weather!! :-)

Now I have a theory. When I changed my MyLocation.txt to a fixed lat/long for Philadelphia (big city) rather than let the GPS function find my 'smaller town'. THEN that was the first time I saw Heavy RAIN when it was actually HEAVY RAINING and then LIGHT RAIN a few hours later. It seemed to 'update quicker' and more accurately. I think you're in MapleShade (NJ?) - right? Then you're close to me. I'll bet if you changed it to Philly or Trenton - you might also experience more accurate weather. My guess is that Yahoo reports the conditions of only 'larger cities' to any towns within a 25 mile area. Where these other weather services are more accurate down to the little town you're in. Only a theory....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012), The_Durben (06-30-2012)

Thanks

Have you ever seen FOG? WINDY? LIGHT SHOWERS? (different from LIGHT RAIN), HEAVY RAIN? These are all images that the widgets can show and these conditions have all existed since I started Modding. You go to WeatherChannel.com and you see it - you go to Yahoo.com and it just says one of the three things - year around - not matter what the weather!! :-)

Now I have a theory. When I changed my MyLocation.txt to a fixed lat/long for Philadelphia (big city) rather than let the GPS function find my 'smaller town'. THEN that was the first time I saw Heavy RAIN when it was actually HEAVY RAINING and then LIGHT RAIN a few hours later. It seemed to 'update quicker' and more accurately. I think you're in MapleShade (NJ?) - right? Then you're close to me. I'll bet if you changed it to Philly or Trenton - you might also experience more accurate weather. My guess is that Yahoo reports the conditions of only 'larger cities' to any towns within a 25 mile area. Where these other weather services are more accurate down to the little town you're in. Only a theory....
    I have noticed for the south Jersey area where I am accu weather is a better forcast then yahoo but I have seen different weather condidtions in my area fog, light rain, thunderstorms ect but I am 10 minutes from wilmington de just on the Jersey side.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks

So how much work is involved in coding a different weather forecaster?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC View Post
    So how much work is involved in coding a different weather forecaster?
    Depends on the widget and the coding. but it is not super hard to do as long as you know coding.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012), JGKC9AYC (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks

So...where can I find an "Idiots guide to coding"?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JGKC9AYC For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012)

Thanks

You're correct. I'm in Maple Shade, NJ. I probably could change it to Philly, since it's only maybe 5 miles from me. Where are you? I'm guessing on the Pa side?

So...where can I find an "Idiots guide to coding"?
    Ha. If you find it, please share

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

JGKC9AYC (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Champ Rollo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post

Oh and added the "new" animated weather by subywrex and Durben
    Hi MamaJaay,

can you share it ? Itīs so good.

Thank you very much !
    http://modmyi.com/forums/avatars/3451123.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1295777943

Thanks
    Thanked 19,203 Times in 4,219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tajr12 View Post
    CMC Inbox is full
    Cleared out my bro!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-30-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012), TaJr12 (06-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Rollo View Post
    Hi MamaJaay,

Thank you very much !
    Don't worry bud. She's going to. She just wants to get it all cleaned up first.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Champ Rollo (07-01-2012), King_O_Hill (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

How many wallpaper images are involved for it to change according to the time of day?

Looks nice!

BTW, right now (11:09am) in So. IL it's 97 w/34% humidity.
    It's like 8 images.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Rollo View Post
    Hi MamaJaay,

Thank you very much !
    Yes I am going to share as soon as I clean up the code some.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Champ Rollo (07-01-2012), EricB78 (06-30-2012), mymonkeyballs (06-30-2012)

PyD
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

companyboss: thank you for solving the 24 hors problem
    schnedi: it did not work, I will try different things but thanks anyway