+ Reply
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
SALE!! Engraved Wood is now on sale for 50% off to celebrate Etched Glasses success! Be sure to grab it while it's at it's Lowest price of $1.25!!! Version 7.0.0
    Thanks

Default Engraved Wood HD v7.0.0 Full
    SALE!!
    Engraved Wood is now on sale for 50% off to celebrate Etched Glasses success!
    Be sure to grab it while it's at it's Lowest price of $1.25!!!

Version 7.0.0 Full!

Presenting: Engraved Wood
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcPkYMeR0Q[/ame]

LIVE in Cydia through ModMyI
    Or alternatively available through...
    iThemeSky:
    SD VERSION
    HD VERSION
    Theme It:
    SD VERSION
    HD VERSION

*Supports iPhone 4. For pre-retina screen iDevices, look for Engraved Wood Standard coming soon*

From the makers of Zelda SoundFX, Lunar Battery, Tinted Glass Icons, and Nerves, come a new theme fully optimized for the new Retina Screen of both iPhone and iPod Touches. Based on classic icons, this theme contains icons that are polished to look as though they were engraved expertly into a wooden plate. After continuous experimentation, I've found the best way to get this done fast, making this theme look amazing and be capable of having potentially hundreds of icons. View the screen shot for examples.

I will happily make icons on demand by e-mail and add them to future updates. Additional requests will be met on an individual basis. I will happily communicate with all who purchase this app.

Theme includes a blank icon that can be used for creating your own icons. They can be forwarded to the developers e-mail and, if good, can be added to the theme package.

Includes
    -Full Retina Screen Resolution!
    -Over 320 icons based on their original counterparts, along with customized icons for those who wish to change the appearance of some icons (for example, changing iRealSMS3 icon to the classic Messages icon; icons must be changed in the theme folder using SSH or iFiles)
    -Custom folder icons and backgrounds and multitask bar
    -Many Cydia app customizations: lockinfo, switcherplus, irealsms3, folder enhancer, overboard, biteSMS, snappy, live clock/weather plugins, etc
    -In-App Customizations for most stock applications: Appstore, Clock, Phone, Messages, iPod, Mail, Safari, Calculator, Voice Memos, Calendar, Notes, Maps, Camera, Photos, Settings, etc.
    -By using a new method of UI Themeing, UI themeing of 3rd party applications like facebook and others are now included!
    -Full Media kit customizations
    -Custom Smaller icons for Settings.app
    -Complete Universal UI Interface including statusbar, inapp taskbars, etc.
    -Custom Weather Widget for lockscreen with striking weather images with added textures depending on weather, custom sliders, and is lockinfo equipped (download "HD Engraved Wood Lock Weather Widget" from Cydia (free add-on)
    -Custom weather widget for homescreen equipped with great weather images with added textures depending on the weather and a customizable dock (download "HD Engraved Wood Weather Widget" from Cydia (free add-on)
    -Customized SBSettings (download "HD Engraved Wood SBS" from Cydia (free add-on)
    -Default images to some applications
    -optional parts for fonts, wallpapers, opennotifiers, multimusicinfo, and more
    -Also Optional Additions and Alternate Colored Parts: Read "Read Me.txt" for a compiled list and directions.
    -Much Much More (check Update Logs)
    Update Log:
    v1.0.0: 9/25/2010
    -Initial Release
    -Standard iPhone/iPod Touch icons
    -Custom Folder Icons and Backgrounds

v2.0.0: 9/27/2010
    -Upgraded "Notes" icon
    -Added 83 NEW Custom Made Icons!!! Game icons coming soon!
    -Created custom "Torch" icons for customization with SwitcherPlus
    -Smaller icons in Settings.app (cydia app small icons to come)
    -Added Custom Status Bar (still working on some bugs with certain apps)
    -Chat bubble color customization; background to come soon when I can figure out how to get full resolution
    -Overboard Customizations: custom pages and backgrounds

Also included are some optional additions which must be manually added by SSHing into the theme. These were not added directly due to the fact that some may not be preferred by all users. Directions on how to set the optional parts are included in a Read Me.txt file in the package folder. These include:
    -14 Custom Made Wallpapers!
    -Additional color options for Overboard and 2 AWESOME Additional icon substitutions (one for general apps, one for games) for Overboard pages (feel free to request custom ones).

v3.0.0: 10/7/2010
    -Fixed a few icons
    -Added Custom Backgrounder Badges
    -Added Numerical and UI badges
    -Added Media controls for multitask bar
    -Added HD SMS Background
    -Added lockinfo customization (section headers and some status bar customizations)
    -COMPLETE universal UI interface! (UIImages)
    -Added Default images to some apps
    -Lockscreen slider
    -Plenty more that I havent mentioned

v3.2.0: 10/23/2010
    -New Shadow/Masking
    -Requested Icon pack containing 40+ icons (keep them coming)
    -New and improved UI pack for 4.1 update (HD Coming soon)
    -Old UI (for those still 4.1 and before) will be contained in theme seprately
    -Optional SMS Backgrounds
    -Fix for 4.1 changes (sms, folders, etc)
    -icon list in word document in the theme

v4.0.0: 11/12/2010
    -Redesigned Lockscreen: Battery, improved UI, Lockinfo interface changes
    -Password Keypad
    -All new HIGH DEF UI with a nicer GameCenter feel (old UI is archived in "Optional Pieces" folder; a lighter colored High Def version of the Nav and Task bars is also archived in "Optional Pieces")
    -Includes Fonts for theme (manual installation nessessary: read the "Read Me.txt" file for directions). I will try and make a separate package for easier installation.
    -New Action Menu button customization
    -Status Bar customization for everything!
    -Newer and Cooler looking Defaults (still improving)
    -In-App customization for the Phone, Safari, Maps, Messages, and Calendar

v5.0.0: Submitted 12/8/2010
    -iPod and Mail customizations
    -Media Kit customizations
    -Custom iAcces Keyboard
    -New SMS bubbles
    -Lots of UI changes including:
    -pinstripe background customizations
    -3rd party App Color skinning (for applications like facebook, appshopper, etc)
    -UI White Buttons (testing as they can't be changed from white)
    -Much much more!

v5.2.0
    -Icon pack: brough total icons up to over 300 custom mad icons
    -repackaged in the Icons folder of theme (helped to allow themeing of icons properly while using iRetiner or RetinaAppIcons)

v7.0.0 (finalized release): 1/10/11
    -HD Engraved Wood Lock Weather Widget release with updated keypad and text fields (available in cydia)
    -customized voice controls
    -live weather/clock customizations
    -Icon bundle add-on (containing over 50 icons)
    -In-app customizations for voice memos, calculator, clock, notes, and camera
    -New font (Note This) for the notes application
    -redesigned folder enhancer layout and background for new update (needs manual iconoclasm update for layout)
    -Several Alternate carrier additions
    -Settings app Small icons for Cydia Apps (requests needed for additional icons)
    -Facetime customizations
    -Carrier icon in settings app now themed
    -4.2.1 compatability (untested)

v7.0.1
    -4.2.1 fixes
    -New wallpaper/dock designation (setting as wallpaper wont do it anymore).
    -Installation Videos to help users set up (see bellow for links).
    -A couple added icons
    Here are 3 great Installation Instruction Videos to help guide you in Installing Engraved Wood (for v7.0.1 HD and v3.0.0 STD: coming soon)

Part 1/3:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxzhmgnn8Q[/ame]

Part 2/3:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbS9xnqrGU[/ame]

Part 3/3:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl4m0xK7APg[/ame]

Icon Creation Tutorial:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHsCxPz-idU[/ame]

Reviews:
    ModMyTech
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqmdT_me44[/ame]

iDevice Daily

Feel free to message me at [email protected] or on my twitter

Future Plans:
    -Icon Requests
    -Requested Features
    -Updates to Firmwares
    Both HD and STD available in Cydia through the ModmyI repo, iThemeSky, and ThemeIt for $2.50 USD. All add-on's are free.

The Cydia Store

Thanks for the support. Don't forget to vote for next week's Theme Of The Week. Also nominate for Feature status in cydia!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-1edit.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-blank.png  
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 03-29-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Newupdate

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

AuStynburg (05-21-2011), CaptainNegatory (03-06-2011), Frenchthug (02-24-2011), ifones (03-11-2011), iMaC 74 (02-14-2011), kevin.e.white (01-28-2011), kormos (02-26-2011), lao3hero (01-10-2011), Laxu (07-05-2012), lostinthemes (01-10-2011), matiu (01-22-2011), mossdef (02-18-2011), nomercy413 (01-21-2011), REINSTALL (01-07-2011), TheEnigma (02-27-2011), togomaku (01-11-2011), toyvan (01-19-2011), ufcsean (01-07-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that looks really good, nice and complete theme, can't wait to try it out.
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i bought your theme but,he miss more icon,ibluenova,winterboard...can you create more icon please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus maximus View Post
    i bought your theme but,he miss more icon,ibluenova,winterboard...can you create more icon please?
    There should be a winterboard icon for HD Engraved Wood v2.0.0. However, if it doesn't seem to be working and you have v2.0.0, please let me know. Additionally, feel free to send me a list of ANY icons you would like to see for this theme and I will be happy to work on them for you

Also, any other ideas for further progress with this theme are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your support! You can reach me by replying to this thread, private messaging me, or emailing me at [email protected].

Sincerely
    Foundforgood89

A Free Beta version has been opened that will contain only Icons in order to compile a list of commonly requested icons for themeing. If you wish to participate, please find details here: BETA TESTING: HD Engraved Wood v2.0

NOTE: the beta will not be updated. In order for you to GET the icons you wish to have themed, you MUST purchase the full version on Cydia. It is only $0.99!

Also note, a standard definition version will be releasing for beta soon. If you wish to participate, please click the link above and follow the directions
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 09-27-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for this theme i wait the sbsettings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf the black View Post
    thanks for this theme i wait the sbsettings
    Np, glad you enjoy it :-)
    Just so people know where i am standing on the theme, im currently trying to figure out status bar theming. I wish i could get the status bar to theme in full quality, but its much more difficult than i anticipated. :-/ other themes such as CLASSified were clever and did it by using images with no curves, only corners. Im trying to figure out the best way to do it.
    Next update will contain
    -Backgrounder Badge customizations
    -Other badge customizations
    -Multitask bar media customizations

Keep sending me icons you all want to see themed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i wait my internet connection on my pc,and i sent my request the sbsettings is ready or not?
    i love this theme. thanks

Thanks

I think there is also a problem with MMI messaging as I haven't received any requests for beta access except by email. I have only 10 BETA spots for the HD version left! If you want Beta access, have questions or concerns about the theme, or icon/feature requests, please email me here. DO NOT PM me on ModMyI.

I am beginning Standard version (pre-retina screen) BETA's now. If you are interested, please contact me at the email above!

I think there are hold ups with saurik. I sent in the SBSettings theme about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully it will be released soon. I apologize for the wait.

GOOD NEWS!
    3.0 will be released soon (probably some time this weekend) and will contain a huge chunk of the UI completed. The only things I have left to do are the individual app UI's (phone, calculator, weather, etc.) The app will be released soon

Thanks for the support. Don't forget to vote for next week's Theme Of The Week.

Thanks guys

also, for those of you who use ibluenova, I need to know the source by which you get it, as I do not see it on the ModMyI or BigBoss source. Please Email me at [email protected] with that information
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 10-05-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Version 3.0.0 submitted

My iPhone is a Part of Me mossdef's Avatar
    Thanks

buy again on cydia for the sbsettings???? are you serious???? i'm very dissapointed to you,he miss 3 png on your sbsettings,DockNoUse,NoUse,and SettingsNoUse,please fix the problem

Thanks

The basic theme I submitted was already only 99c: usually a dollar or two less than most other themes. Instead of submitting the app for 2 or 3 dollars and making the sbsettings free, I thought I'd make the original significantly cheaper and make the sbsettings 75c (still only totalling in 1.75 for the whole theme: cheaper than ALoT of others). I appologise if this is an inconvienenve for anyone and if there's anything I can do to make either theme more suiting, please let me know.

I do appologise for the missing parts in sbsettings. I will make the updates for sbsettings asap.

Thanks for your support.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Instead of submitting the app for 2 or 3 dollars and making the sbsettings free, I thought I'd make the original significantly cheaper and make the sbsettings 75c (still only totalling in 1.75 for the whole theme: cheaper than a lot of themes.
    I'm sorry but that's a load of bs. I have sold my themes for 99c and I make themes that are much much more complete than this. Charging any thing for the extra sbsettings is totally ridiculous. TCCENTEX has one of the most complete themes here and heade the sbsettings free to download separately! What you are doing is not fair to your customers and if you would like to get repeat customers I may recommend not being greedy like that :/ .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

This would be awesome... if you could make the icons look like they were carved more realistically.

My latest theme - -

Thanks

Look my friend i paid 1,58$ for both themes and from the sb settings missing 3 parts,from the other theme there is no wood icons inside and the folders not working. i'm very dissapointing with this!!!

Thanks

I am sorry to everyone who is so upset about this situation. I really did not think that all of my decisions on pricing would be treated with so much argument. I initially intended to charge 1.75 for the theme, but I didn't know if modmyi could package the sbsettings and winterboard theme into a single package. I could have made the winterboard one 1.75 and the sbsetting one free, but I didn't decide to. I'm sorry if this seems so wrong. At the time I didn't see the harm in the decision. I can assure you that I will make the sbsettigs one free from now on in all future themes (standard version included). I am in communications with modmyi about pricing now to see if I can change them.

As for the complaints on completeness of the theme: I am still HEAVILY working on the theme. I have proven that with the updates I have been providing. Every day I make new parts and usually weekly I update it. There ARE plans on making EVERY part of the phone themed, and I will try to theme EVERY request I get! Again, I could have waited till most of the theme was completely done, but again I didn't decide to. I will not make that mistake again (more reason the standard version isn't released yet)

I want my themes to be known for accommodating EVERY request. If there is something specific you want, I will HaPPILy do it. Even if it's something I don't plan on implementing it into the official theme, I will make the changes and send them to you personally. If this isn't satisfactory enough, please contact me so I can try and help out in every way possible.

I will fix the glitches and submit updates asap. Again, I'm sorry for all the inconvienience.

Ps. If I am successful at changing the price, I will be raising the winterboard theme from 99c to 1.74 and lowering the sbsettings to free. I have not made any decisions about refunds of any kind yet
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 10-09-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

First off, I have submitted an update for SBSettings to add the missing png's I apologize for that mistake. If there's anything else that's missing, or there's any toggles that you want custom made for the theme, please let me know.

So I have talked to the guys at ModMyI. I am able to change the price of the application. However, they said the refund process was difficult as it is hard to get refunds issued without Cydia taking the 30% they are entitled to for sales. So here is what I am proposing.

Option 1: I can change the prices: the HD Engraved Wood Winterboard theme can be changed from 0.99 to 1.74 and the SBSettings theme can be changed from 0.75 to Free. This means that the grand total of both themes is still the same, however the original paid theme will represent the full cost with any additional changes (for instance SBSettings) being free addon's. It seems like that was the issue that was bothering most people.

Here's the catch: If I do this, I will be incapable of giving refunds as I cannot account for the 30% that Cydia will take. Also, the people at MMI say that giving away promotional copies of the theme is very difficult. So this is all I can offer IF I WAS TO CHANGE THE PRICES:
    -if you bought both themes, I can offer you a copy of my next theme (yet to be decided because of all the issues I am having with this one) free (by request only).
    -if you bought the SBSettings theme, but not the Winterboard theme, I will offer a full 75c refund at my own expense (this can't be issued until payments begin six weeks from now. If I was to do this, I would only take requests from purchases before the date that I change the prices. Also, again, It would be by request only). This is done so you can either keep the 75c or use it to partially pay for the full Winterboard theme.
    -If you bought the Winterboard theme but not the SBSettings theme, you are in luck. You will keep the winterboard theme after the price change and get the sbsettings theme for free, saving you 75c.

Option 2:
    The other option I have is what the representatives at MMI have recommended I do: just leave everything as it is for now and live and learn from this.
    Whether I leave the prices or change them, I PROMISE none of my future theme would be neither released before it is mostly complete or charge for addon's such as SBSettings. I give my word on that

I will leave it to you guys. Please contact me at the following email address ( [email protected] ) and let me know what you would like me to do. I will go by popular vote. Again, thanks for understanding, and I truly hope this mishap will not hinder you from looking into my themes in the future. I promise this won't happen again.

Thanks
    FoundForGood89

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Yes that makes more sense. SBSettings should ALWAYS be free. It takes me all of 10 minutes to make them and so I would never ask money for them, don't know why anyone else would then...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Yes that makes more sense. SBSettings should ALWAYS be free. It takes me all of 10 minutes to make them and so I would never ask money for them, don't know why anyone else would then...
    I understand. It was a poor choice I wish I never made. Hopefully this option will make people happier. I really hope this doesn't dampen my theme, I have been working very hard on it and really like its high quality and professional feel. To me, its worth the full 1.74 price, but I can totally understand why the total price should be presented in the WinterBoard and not split across the addons. I just want everyone to understand that issuing everyone refunds is not only difficult to do and will cost me alot personally, but kinda meaningless since I will be changing the price equally for both themes. As long as it's ok that refunds arn't issued, then I'll gladly change the prices for everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mossdef's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks foundforgood for the icons very good work,i can post screenshot very soon awesome theme my friend

enjoy for request foundforgood is here

Last edited by mossdef; 10-18-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

update coming: 3.2
    -New Shadow/Masking
    -Requested Icon pack containing 40+ icons (keep them coming)
    -New and improved UI pack for 4.1 update (HD coming soon)
    -Old UI (for those still 4.1 and before) will be contained in theme seprately
    -Optional SMS Backgrounds
    -Fix for 4.1 changes (sms, folders, etc)
    -icon list in theme

Also, Ive changed the prices on both the Winterboard theme (to 1.74) and SBSettings theme (to free). Hope this resolves alot of the problems people were having with the theme
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 10-23-2010 at 11:21 AM.