+ Reply
Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2796

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hello! Here's one of my icons BiteSMS for the GlassDock.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello!
    Here's one of my icons BiteSMS for the GlassDock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-bitesmsicon-2x.png  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stim_too For This Useful Post:

localboy (09-23-2010), rebraun (09-23-2010)

Thanks

Default Some Icons
    Well here are some icons for the theme

GENESIS A.D. +
    SNES A.D. +
    OpenStreamer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-genesis-.d.-.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-snes-.d.-.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-openstreamer.png  

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godrigos For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (09-23-2010), toyvan (09-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone localboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stim_too View Post
    Hello!
    Here's one of my icons BiteSMS for the GlassDock.
    Thanks for sharing
    I can't use paintshop so I used this one

Thanks

Hey guys, does font swap work on ip4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just got this app and everything works nicely. the only problem i have is that my calander and weather icon are invisible?

Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a.t. View Post
    Hey guys, does font swap work on ip4?
    Only for the lockscreen.

Greg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tpeter View Post
    Just got this app and everything works nicely. the only problem i have is that my calander and weather icon are invisible?

Any ideas?
    Read post 1
    They're blank intentionally.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by localboy View Post
    Read post 1
    They're blank intentionally.
    I see something that says.. Fixed and issue where icons were transparent.

Why would he intentionally want icons i cant see?

how do i fix.

Thanks

IMPORTANT!! When you enable the Weather+Date option in winterboard the stock Weather & Calendar icons become transparent. The reason for this is so you can put those icons behind their respective widgets and when pressed those apps will launch. Therefore, on the home page you will need to put them in the following order: Weather, blank, blank, Calendar.

NOTE: If you have WeatherIcon installed DISABLE IT/TURN IT OFF when using the Weather+Date options!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm thanks for post man. Not sure i still understand what i got to do but i will figure it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@localboy

There is a segment of the population here that are under the assumption that themes are plug and play like an app. The fact is that while G.O.C. HD, as well as other themes do work out of the box, the fact is that in many if not most instances the result will not look exactly like the pictures in the screenshots, by which they decided to purchase the theme.

There is also a frightening amount of newer users that in reality have no business jailbreaking a phone in the first place.

Just saying. I would never have the patience it would take to deal with LANRs, a term I've coined as "lazy assed, non-readers". :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rebraun For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-23-2010)

Thanks

I don't mind helping out if I can
    I hadn't a clue a few months back and and I found people helping out
    On forums to be invaluable to me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to localboy For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfreak26 View Post
    Lol i just read a few reports saying that backgrounder is the conflict with rename..

i have that installed. do you?

Thanks
    Just wanted to drop a note to everyone trying to use Rename II and have Backgrounder installed. You don't have to uninstall Backgrounder instead disable the enable at launch feature then make changes in Rename II then re-enable the feature if you like.

Hey TV where would I go to remove Apple's loading pages?
    Last edited by AtlBuc; 09-23-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AtlBuc For This Useful Post:

Trist@n (09-23-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregatgmail View Post
    Only for the lockscreen.

Greg
    Instructions for changing font are in FAQ at the bottom of Post 1

Font Swap does not work on system fonts so you have to manually change fonts.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Donut View Post
    Don't know if anyone has this issue or if it's even an issue at all but when I activate the glass dock I get a black background when I open a folder. Here is a pic of the dock off
    And with the dock on its weird like I said don't know if it's normal but I don't like it especially since it lags when I close the folder
    You are using an Iconoclasm Template. If you use just the stock settings and NOT one of the download or custom creations, this problem will go away. I no longer use Iconoclasm and have purchased Gridlock which is far far better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorinthe60s View Post
    Is the weather widget suppose to update on it's own or is there a time frame on how often it updates to weather conditions?
    The weather widget currently updates every 25 min. This is posted in the instructions on Post 1

Quote Originally Posted by tpeter View Post

Any ideas?
    This is NOT a problem, please read Post #1 and it will explain why and how to set them up. This theme is designed to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by gerillaski View Post
    beautiful theme, i love it!! but, i am not good with SSH or all the other things that needs to be done, in order to use this theme fully, so i say if there is a video that explains how to setup all this stuff that you wrote, it would be much much better, and more people will buy the theme, i know i will... that's the only thing that keeping me buying this nice theme. and i know its easy for some people but!! not for me and I'm sure there are more people like me out there. i hope you will make a video or some one will... thank you very much.
    Anytime that someone jailbreaks, there are going to be things to learn if you want to use themes, features and Cydia apps.

The first thing you need to do is loose the fear of learning how to ssh and start changing code. When you ssh in to a file that is given by instructions, the first you do is drag a copy of that folder to your desk top and keep it as the backup. Then you follow instructions that are very easy to follow and are step by step. Make the changes and then respring. You will see things change as directed. If there is an error, then you delete the folder you changed, drop your backup back in and you are still good to go.

There are tutorials all over the internet on how to ssh in, install WinSCP and set it up.

It is next to IMPOSSIBLE to brick an iPhone as long as you make backups and follow instructions. If you screw it up, restore, using your blob and you are still rolling.

If you continue to fear ssh and going in and trying to change code, then you will never be a happy jailbreaker and may want to just stay with stock.

ALL themes that have weather and time widgets require you to ssh in. Follow step by step instructions, lose your fear, and have fun
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-23-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Instructions for changing font are in FAQ at the bottom of Post 1

Font Swap does not work on system fonts so you have to manually change fonts.

Good Luck

You are using an Iconoclasm Template. If you use just the stock settings and NOT one of the download or custom creations, this problem will go away. I no longer use Iconoclasm and have purchased Gridlock which is far far better IMO.

The weather widget currently updates every 25 min. This is posted in the instructions on Post 1

This is NOT a problem, please read Post #1 and it will explain why and how to set them up. This theme is designed to be this way.

Anytime that someone jailbreaks, there are going to be things to learn if you want to use themes, features and Cydia apps.

The first thing you need to do is loose the fear of learning how to ssh and start changing code. When you ssh in to a file that is given by instructions, the first you do is drag a copy of that folder to your desk top and keep it as the backup. Then you follow instructions that are very easy to follow and are step by step. Make the changes and then respring. You will see things change as directed. If there is an error, then you delete the folder you changed, drop your backup back in and you are still good to go.

There are tutorials all over the internet on how to ssh in, install WinSCP and set it up.

It is next to IMPOSSIBLE to brick an iPhone as long as you make backups and follow instructions. If you screw it up, restore, using your blob and you are still rolling.

If you continue to fear ssh and going in and trying to change code, then you will never be a happy jailbreaker and may want to just stay with stock.

ALL themes that have weather and time widgets require you to ssh in. Follow step by step instructions, lose your fear, and have fun
    Well I do not have Iconoclasm installed so I have no clue why its doing it. Thanks for the response, do you have any more suggestions by any chance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @localboy

There is a segment of the population here that are under the assumption that themes are plug and play like an app. The fact is that while G.O.C. HD, as well as other themes do work out of the box, the fact is that in many if not most instances the result will not look exactly like the pictures in the screenshots, by which they decided to purchase the theme.

There is also a frightening amount of newer users that in reality have no business jailbreaking a phone in the first place.

Just saying. I would never have the patience it would take to deal with LANRs, a term I've coined as "lazy assed, non-readers". :-)
    Totally agree with what you say my friend and it can get very annoying! However, we believe in total customer support and attempt to help experts to noobs equally but it all starts with directing them to do the obvious and that is: READ Post 1 first, then if you have questions, post. Many do not seem to understand or even read the threads. They see 50+ or 100+ posts and do not even THINK to at least read the first post which in this Forum is always the instructions and descriptions of the thousands of themes that are available.

We will continue to support, and help all users of this theme, but will direct them to READ first...it is not being mean or cutting them down like other forums do, but it is teaching them to follow instructions first, then ask for help

By the way...thanks for all the help that you continue to offer

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBuc View Post
    Just wanted to drop a note to everyone trying to use Rename II and have Backgrounder installed. You don't have to uninstall Backgrounder instead disable the enable at launch feature then make changes in Rename II then re-enable the feature if you like.

Hey TV where would I go to remove Apple's loading pages?
    All of the loading pages are located in their respective bundles.

If you want to remove the loading pages then I recommend renaming the [email protected] in the bundle that you want to change.

This should get you going

Well I do not have Iconoclasm installed so I have no clue why its doing it. Thanks for the response, do you have any more suggestions by any chance?
    You have an app or theme installed that affects your springboard. This app is either a springboard app placement program or a folder type program. Turn it off or uninstall it and the folder problem will stop. This has nothing to do with the G.O.C. HD theme. It is one of the other programs that you are using and it is not iP4 compatible.

I was using Iconoclasm w/template and discovered that it was the culprit for the same problem you have. I uninstalled it and the problem was gone.

That is all I can help you with...Good Luck
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-23-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you want to remove the loading pages then I recommend renaming the [email protected] in the bundle that you want to change.

Yes I have deleted all the G.O.C. loading pages but wanted to know where apples stock loading pages are and if they can be deleted. Thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBuc View Post

Yes I have deleted all the G.O.C. loading pages but wanted to know where apples stock loading pages are and if they can be deleted. Thx
    I do not mess with Apple stock programming and highly recommend you do not unless you are an advance highly knowledgeable programmer. This is why we use themes and programs that OVERRIDE current stock themes and programs, this way we do not mess with the code. If you want to not have anything, create a blank png named [email protected] and drop it into those bundles and now you have nothing loading.

I know this is not the answer you are seeking, but it is the best that I can offer as I do not think you should mess around with the native areas of the iOS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    I do not mess with Apple stock programming and highly recommend you do not unless you are an advance highly knowledgeable programmer. This is why we use themes and programs that OVERRIDE current stock themes and programs, this way we do not mess with the code. If you want to not have anything, create a blank png named [email protected] and drop it into those bundles and now you have nothing loading.

I know this is not the answer you are seeking, but it is the best that I can offer as I do not think you should mess around with the native areas of the iOS.
    Ok cool, Thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Just thought I'd share a couple of wallpaper overlays that you guys can drop your own custom backgrounds behind. You will need photoshop or some other image editing software so u can put a layer beneath the WallpaperHD layer..looks best with the PROweather widget
    Not sure why, but every time I try to save these to my desk top, they are saving at 67x100, should they be wallpaper size?
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-23-2010 at 11:30 AM.