Page 48 of 140 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 58 98 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    Great website. I can't choose. Dusting off Boss Paper!!!
    I thought u were no longer jailbroken..??!!

I want to thank everyone for their help!! I can now do pretty much everything I want with this theme (dock specific icons, change font, adjust sizes, blank weathereye icon etc).

This is the best theme out there and we need to pass the word around so TV can be rewarded for his hard work. This is the first theme I have ever bought because I wanted to support the creator.

Special thanks to everyone else who replied to my posts.

Edit: if anyone has a cool pic for the phone dock, could you please post?
    Last edited by Arkaine; 09-20-2010 at 10:38 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arkaine For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-20-2010), Trist@n (09-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have a reprieve until October 1. Playing with reckless abandon for 10 more days. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaine View Post
    I want to thank everyone for their help!! I can now do pretty much everything I want with this theme (dock specific icons, change font, adjust sizes, blank weathereye icon etc).

This is the best theme out there and we need to pass the word around so TV can be rewarded for his hard work. This is the first theme I have ever bought because I wanted to support the creator.

Special thanks to everyone else who replied to my posts.
    You're welcome! and on behalf of this great community, ditto and thank u

Since you brought it up, you guys can email nickhesson @ [email protected] and vote for G.O.C. HD! You can also visit the "theme of the week"(link below) thread and nominate G.O.C. HD..this will at least get it some front page exposure in the "News" section. However, I think email is the preferred method..Cheers!

"Theme of the week thread":
    Theme Of The Week - Vote, Nominate, Submit
    Last edited by toyvan; 09-20-2010 at 11:27 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

Trist@n (09-21-2010)

i can't find where the var locale in Ifile so i can change my weather. anyone pls help.

Just thought I'd share a couple of wallpaper overlays that you guys can drop your own custom backgrounds behind. You will need photoshop or some other image editing software so u can put a layer beneath the WallpaperHD layer..looks best with the PROweather widget

EDIT: Moved to first post
    Last edited by toyvan; 09-27-2010 at 02:30 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

Trist@n (09-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregatgmail View Post
    Two questions:
    I've just downloaded 1.3 and...
    1. The Glass Dock doesn't show--I'm using BossPaper--does this matter?
    2. I want a small clock icon in the Glass Dock (the icons do change)--where is the Clock icon & what is it called, so I can make a version for, and a bundle for the Glass Dock folder?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Wow--replying to my own request!!

No answer yet.
    1. Glass dock is showing, but is so faint as to be almost invisible. It is an interaction with Boss Paper 'cause with BP turned off it shows fine! How do I intensify it? I am OK with Pagemaker, so I'll visit that first, but a hint would be lovely.

Answered.
    2. The Clock ikon is in the <com.apple.mobiletimer> folder, called "[email protected]" and putting an identically named folder in the GOC Dock folder with only the modified icon in it works fine.

Greg

Looks like G.O.C. HD got a bit of well deserved recognition during the Rock shutdown. I just opened up the Rock app after I got an update for it today and what do I see but this. Congrats TV.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-3-.png  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-21-2010)

Pls help. I open widget html and went through several times, but still can't find var locale.

Thanks

Awesome stuff!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck1969 For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by cuti_75 View Post
    Pls help. I open widget html and went through several times, but still can't find var locale.
    Are you in the right folder
    Pro HD weather
    The var locale is at the top inside widget.html

17. The Following User Says Thank You to localboy For This Useful Post:

Trist@n (09-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@gregatgmail

Using BossPaper on iOS4
    Here is how to make BossPaper work flawlessly in iOS4 -

- in Cydia, download "bosspaper transparent background"
    - Open BossPaper and turn on the "under winterboard" setting (this will also allow you to see the multitasking toolbar while using bosspaper).
    - in Winterboard, enable the "bosspaper transparent background"

Everything should be working fine after this.
    Last edited by rebraun; 09-21-2010 at 08:23 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebraun For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-21-2010), Trist@n (09-21-2010)

can anyone help here
    Im trying to sort out my browser for the dock (mercury browser)
    I tried getting the bundle identifer and placing in the theme folder
    but it wasnt coming up.

I replaced the icon in mercury.app
    thing is now its orbed lol

is there any way to de-orb it?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @gregatgmail

Using BossPaper on iOS4
    Here is how to make BossPaper work flawlessly in iOS4 -

- in Cydia, download "bosspaper transparent background"
    - Open BossPaper and turn on the "under winterboard" setting (this will also allow you to see the multitasking toolbar while using bosspaper).
    - in Winterboard, enable the "bosspaper transparent background"

Everything should be working fine after this.
    Yup--doing all of this. I've tried every combo of off/on and order in WB. My issue is that the beautiful Glass Orb Dock is basically invisible while running BossPaper, and nothing I've tried (even mods in Photoshop for the icon itself) works to make it like it is without BP. I can't help it, I'm greedy and want both the Dock and my rotating wallpaper!

Any help most appreciated.

Greg

localboy,

You need to put the unorbed icon in a folder (with exactly the same name as the original folder containing the icon in the app), and then put that folder in the Glass Orb Dock bundle folder. Then do a hard re-start.

It works for the Clock, so it should be fine.

Greg
    Last edited by Gregatgmail; 09-21-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by localboy View Post
    can anyone help here
    Im trying to sort out my browser for the dock (mercury browser)
    I tried getting the bundle identifer and placing in the theme folder
    but it wasnt coming up.

I replaced the icon in mercury.app
    thing is now its orbed lol

is there any way to de-orb it?

thanks
    Easy fix, put your icon in the Dock Theme folder, not in the HD Theme bundles folder.

Good luck

I'll echo the sentiment many others have made and say this is easily the best theme out there. In fact, with the possible exception of memory hogging things like active wallpapers and live widgets, I'm not sure how this could get any better.

That said, I've run into a problem I'm hoping someone can help me solve. Before I hear it from the peanut gallery, yes I've searched... and read... and searched. Unless I'm either blind (or stupid) (neither of which I've ruled out yet) I have yet to find the answer I'm looking for.

Here's the thing... when I go to change my wallpaper (via the settings) I'm able to change the lockscren wallpaper (with a respring) but not the homescreen. Oddly, the homescreen wallpaper is a wallpaper that I PRIOR to the latest release of GOC HD. The previous release (sans the cool dock) allowed me to change the homescreen wallpaper. Though it didn't bother me much, it may be relevant so I'll mention it... I couldn't have different homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers. It still doesn't give me that option so I'm not sure what that's about. I remember my non-jailbroken iPhone giving me those options. But I digress.

I've tried reinstalling... I've tried uninstalling THEN installing. I've disabled every other theme. I've uninstalled every other (relevant) theme. Nothing seems to be working. Needless to say, it's rather frustrating. It would be one thing if I actually liked the wallpaper it's giving me but... not so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Despite all this... I'm super impressed with what this guy has done. Even more impressive is the fact that he's apparently quite the musician and not the stereotypical computer nerd held up in his mom's basement. I just hope his efforts are worth it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JPSalerno For This Useful Post:

toyvan (09-21-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPSalerno View Post
    I'll echo the sentiment many others have made and say this is easily the best theme out there. In fact, with the possible exception of memory hogging things like active wallpapers and live widgets, I'm not sure how this could get any better.

That said, I've run into a problem I'm hoping someone can help me solve. Before I hear it from the peanut gallery, yes I've searched... and read... and searched. Unless I'm either blind (or stupid) (neither of which I've ruled out yet) I have yet to find the answer I'm looking for.

Here's the thing... when I go to change my wallpaper (via the settings) I'm able to change the lockscren wallpaper (with a respring) but not the homescreen. Oddly, the homescreen wallpaper is a wallpaper that I PRIOR to the latest release of GOC HD. The previous release (sans the cool dock) allowed me to change the homescreen wallpaper. Though it didn't bother me much, it may be relevant so I'll mention it... I couldn't have different homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers. It still doesn't give me that option so I'm not sure what that's about. I remember my non-jailbroken iPhone giving me those options. But I digress.

I've tried reinstalling... I've tried uninstalling THEN installing. I've disabled every other theme. I've uninstalled every other (relevant) theme. Nothing seems to be working. Needless to say, it's rather frustrating. It would be one thing if I actually liked the wallpaper it's giving me but... not so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Despite all this... I'm super impressed with what this guy has done. Even more impressive is the fact that he's apparently quite the musician and not the stereotypical computer nerd held up in his mom's basement. I just hope his efforts are worth it.
    Welcome to the G.O.C. family! The issue you are describing is covered in the instructions in post 1. The order that you list themes and widgets in Winterboard affects how things operate. In this case you should have G.O.C. HD GlassDock at the very top, then G.O.C HD UserWallpaper next. Also insure that Summerboadd is UNchecked. After selecting your wallpaper for homescreen in settings, you must respiring for it to change.

Good Luck

yeah... I did all that already. lol

like some of my 'other' issues with this theme... I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the theme and something to do with one of the other JB apps I have. figuring out which is causing the conflict is somewhat challenging. not sure I'm willing to risk losing the benefit of said app so I might just stick with it the way it is.

Yea I tried putting it in the dock folder
    Worked fine for bitesms but not this

I realize this isn' the place for this so forgive me... but I just gotta say. I miss Rock. Real shame it's gone. Cydia's ok... but it's no rock. Carry on

Page 48 of 140 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 58 98 ... LastLast