+ Reply
Page 103 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93101102103104105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2796

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
mine do the same thing. i've trying to get help. somebody help
...
  1. #2041
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    mine do the same thing. i've trying to get help. somebody help

  2. #2042
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    I'm trying to figure it out...

    I copied all the files over to the laptop and examining all the files. It may take a while because i still need to figure out how it all works.

  3. #2043
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    Ill be the first to ask this stupid question...


    Any updates on this theme getting updated to work on 4.2.1???


    1. I'm running it now and I cant get the wallpaper to work no meter what i do, only get the little blue square with ? in it...
    If I open folder the wallpaper appears but only till i close folder.

    2. MAPS, PHOTOS and CAMERA icons are no longer round.

    3. Icon shadows are there for the iblank icons (should not be there)


    Everything else seems to work.


    Will Post more here when I find something else.


    EDIT:

    Most of the theme works great...
    you are not alone man,im havin the same problem like you,i wrote TV about it,but still lookin in to it,i think he needs to update the theme for it to work normal on 4.2.1,i was about to restore my phone but now i know im not the only one with this problem,any progress let me me know. Thnax

  4. #2044
    Master Theme Creator toyvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,732
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by barryson77 View Post
    no im talkin about the original iphone 4 camera app n photo app from apple,i reinstall the theme but still the same

    and i was talkin about just the optional theme wallpapers i dont have bosspaper
    email [email protected] and I'll send you some links

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    Ill be the first to ask this stupid question...


    Any updates on this theme getting updated to work on 4.2.1???


    1. I'm running it now and I cant get the wallpaper to work no meter what i do, only get the little blue square with ? in it...
    If I open folder the wallpaper appears but only till i close folder.

    2. MAPS, PHOTOS and CAMERA icons are no longer round.

    3. Icon shadows are there for the iblank icons (should not be there)


    Everything else seems to work.


    Will Post more here when I find something else.


    EDIT:

    Most of the theme works great...
    Quote Originally Posted by barryson77 View Post
    you are not alone man,im havin the same problem like you,i wrote TV about it,but still lookin in to it,i think he needs to update the theme for it to work normal on 4.2.1,i was about to restore my phone but now i know im not the only one with this problem,any progress let me me know. Thnax
    I guess I should of started with the obvious and asked what firmware u guys were on..duh!!

    As of right now I haven't updated my devices to 4.2.1 so I have no way of addressing/fixing these issues until a reliable untethered jb is released.

    However, I appreciate you guys reporting these issues! There is always something to fix when apple updates crap - Cheers!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

    beaniesegal (12-03-2010)

  6. #2045
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    i guess we gotta wait long time for that

  7. #2046

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

    barryson77 (12-03-2010)

  9. #2047
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    I am in the same situation as ToyVan and will NOT update my iPhone to ANY updates until there is an untethered jailbreak released. I will NOT tie myself to a computer with tethered jailbreaking. I have tons of patience and 4.1 works just fine along with the theme.

    I have recommended to everyone to just wait and have patience. So at least for me, until you see an untethered jailbreak released, I cannot assist or troubleshoot for those that have moved to 4.2 and higher updates.

    Sorry, but I have lots of patience

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

    barryson77 (12-03-2010)

  11. #2048
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    that's true, but i was not able to resist... i work and always have a laptop with me so i said what the hell.


    I'm currently working on the icon stuff and the rest.
    so far im trying to figure out how it all works.


    if i find anything i will post it here asap.
    as for the icons i think apple just changed the strings or capitalized something (if its case sensitive).

    im sure ill figure it out.

  12. #2049
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Just noticed that the lockscreen clock hide does not hide the date on the lockscreen but it does hide the clock.

    Also in the slide lockscreen the wallpaper does not appear.

    I'm still playing with all the file hoping to find something to help getting this resolved... There is just a whole lot of files to look over, knowing what to look for would help. But this is just the necessary step in learning.

  13. #2050
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    i figured out the icons...

    for maps:

    rename the icon the the theme from icon%2x.png to Icon%2x.png

    for photos:

    in mobileslideshow rename the icon%2x-Photos.png to icon%2x.png

    From the same folder you need to move icon%2x~Camera.png to its own folder com.apple.camera and paste it there and rename it to Icon%2x.png


    Hope this helps. Ask if you have any problems.

    P.S. Dont forget to clear the iconcache... then reboot.


    Looks like im not as dumb as i thought...
    Pic Included...

    EDIT:

    OMG, i HATE this tethered boot crap...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-img_0001.png  
    Last edited by wolvorine4424; 12-04-2010 at 10:21 AM.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolvorine4424 For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (12-06-2010), Trist@n (12-04-2010)

  15. #2051
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    i figured out the icons...

    for maps:

    rename the icon the the theme from icon%2x.png to Icon%2x.png

    for photos:

    in mobileslideshow rename the icon%2x-Photos.png to icon%2x.png

    From the same folder you need to move icon%2x~Camera.png to its own folder com.apple.camera and paste it there and rename it to Icon%2x.png


    Hope this helps. Ask if you have any problems.

    P.S. Dont forget to clear the iconcache... then reboot.


    Looks like im not as dumb as i thought...
    Pic Included...

    EDIT:

    OMG, i HATE this tethered boot crap...
    Thanks for you work and posting the results, this will make the update release much easier and quicker once an untethered jailbreak is released.

    Your final sentence is the exact reason I am very happy where I am at for now

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  16. #2052
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Im making a zip file so everyone can just extract it in the G.O.C. UPDATES folder without changing anything in other folders. sense the G.O.C. UPDATE is on top in winterboard it should apply all the changes without any file modding for the users...


    Ill add the zip to this post as soon as i test it...
    Reinstalling the Theme now.

    Hope it works.


    EDIT:

    I messed something up in the iphone 4... Try out this ZIP and see if it helps you...

    Post if it works or not. I'm restoring my phone now and will test it after
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wolvorine4424; 12-04-2010 at 11:22 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to wolvorine4424 For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (12-06-2010)

  18. #2053
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
    How have you got keyboards themed on an iphone4? I thought iacces didnt work on iphone4 yet?
    hmm. well I hadn't heard that. Hybrid HD actually encourages it. you'd have to install China iOS4 of course.
    Surprisingly, the only hiccups I have with it is in default SMS. in any other app or SMS hack app it works perfectly. So I just turned it off for Apples SMS app and try not going in there now...
    Last edited by natrev; 12-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.

  19. #2054
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Just tested it...

    Copy the folders in the ZIP file into:

    /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/G.O.C. HD_UPDATES.theme/Bundles/

    This will fix the 3 square icons (Camera, Photo & Maps) under 4.2.1.



    Ill play some more, maybe i can find something else.

    After you get to updating this theme, just add this to your Updates Package.

    Zip file is 2 posts back.
    Last edited by wolvorine4424; 12-04-2010 at 01:25 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to wolvorine4424 For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (12-06-2010)

  21. #2055
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    i figured out the icons...

    for maps:

    rename the icon the the theme from icon%2x.png to Icon%2x.png

    for photos:

    in mobileslideshow rename the icon%2x-Photos.png to icon%2x.png

    From the same folder you need to move icon%2x~Camera.png to its own folder com.apple.camera and paste it there and rename it to Icon%2x.png


    Hope this helps. Ask if you have any problems.

    P.S. Dont forget to clear the iconcache... then reboot.


    Looks like im not as dumb as i thought...
    Pic Included...

    EDIT:

    OMG, i HATE this tethered boot crap...
    thnnx man i finally got the icons working i just followed ur instructions, keep it coming thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-img_0872.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-img_0873.png  

  22. #2056
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    im glad it helped someone...

    i think the rest is a little out of my understanding. im still looking over all the files and hopefully ill figure it out.


    im not even sure what to look for, the icons was easy to figure out after i knew what i was looking for.



    ToyVan:

    What app do you use to do the themes. it cant be the Xcode and iOS SDK 4.2 thats on the iphone dev site, is it?
    just need something that will help me look over the files faster, i use ifile on the iphone now.
    i used ifile to figure out the icon problem and found a way to fix it.
    Last edited by wolvorine4424; 12-05-2010 at 12:26 AM.

  23. #2057
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    im glad it helped someone...

    i think the rest is a little out of my understanding. im still looking over all the files and hopefully ill figure it out.


    im not even sure what to look for, the icons was easy to figure out after i knew what i was looking for.



    ToyVan:

    What app do you use to do the themes. it cant be the Xcode and iOS SDK 4.2 thats on the iphone dev site, is it?
    just need something that will help me look over the files faster, i use ifile on the iphone now.
    i used ifile to figure out the icon problem and found a way to fix it.
    I use WinSCP for working with the code and files and if I want to work with png and wallpaper then I use iFunBox. Of course this is for Windows 7 but I believe they have Mac versions. Can't remember what T.V. uses and he wont be back on until tomorrow.

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  24. #2058
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phila, PA & Tokyo, Japan.
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    i currently use iFile on the actually iPhone and iPhoneExplorer on the mac.

    I guess im good for now till i get better and actually know what im doing. lol

  25. #2059
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    i currently use iFile on the actually iPhone and iPhoneExplorer on the mac.

    I guess im good for now till i get better and actually know what im doing. lol
    I just installed iPhone Explorer and it is definitely a good replacement for iFunBox but you can not edit the HTML and CSS files. I still have to keep WinSCP on my laptop to edit code. It is much easier to edit code on a computer then it is using iFile although I do use it occasionally.

    You can edit 95% of all code using WinSCP and the rest you will have to resort to iFile.

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  26. #2060
    Master Theme Creator toyvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,732
    Thanks
    2,261
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    I use WinSCP for working with the code and files and if I want to work with png and wallpaper then I use iFunBox. Of course this is for Windows 7 but I believe they have Mac versions. Can't remember what T.V. uses and he wont be back on until tomorrow.
    I use winscp 99.9% of the time and ifile for the rest

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts