+ Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
looking cool just need to fix the weather icon now
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    Thanks for the wallpaper. I was trying to get just the glass shelves without the frame. See how the pic of the one i posted up looks? Just those shelves but in glass. Actually i like the ones you put up. I'm gonna see if i can use just the glass shelves on the first page and the ones you just put up on the other pages. You think that can work? Is it possible to do? In any event, i'll switch between the ones you did and the shelves minus the frame. Thanks again.
    here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-wallpapershelvesnobkgrd1.jpg   1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-wallpapershelvesnobkgrd2.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post

i think that's probably due to the "light rain showers" text pushing it over to the right.. if the weather condition read "fair" for example, it wouldn't nudge it over...

might need to reduce the font size of the weather condition

Banned
    Thanks

I keep saying thanks in every post, but I appreciate your help. I'll try the latest ones and hopefully they look the way i expect they should. I'll let you know what happens.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTattooKid For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-26-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    i think that's probably due to the "light rain showers" text pushing it over to the right.. if the weather condition read "fair" for example, it wouldn't nudge it over...

might need to reduce the font size of the weather condition
    i ment the stock weather icon lol but i see what you mean loving it so far tho TCcentex...it always rains in london lol

Thanks

thanks for helping me this theme is the best ive seen for i4 yet, love the ui sounds

yeah, that's a tough one i've been dealing with since releasing the low-res version a couple months ago... i tried to darken the SMS background si it would be more visible but it ended up not flowing with the rest of the colors in the theme, and even tried making the background the blue color like on the wallpapers but that looked VERY fail... i don't even think the font color can be changed for that application... if you'd like, i'd be more than happy to make you an alternate, darker SMSBackground.png that you can use.. just let me know my friend

I beleive you're looking for this: goes into private/var/stash/ 1derful iphone4.theme/ folders/sprigboard.app..

i made it transparent in the theme, so just overwrite the current one
    it didnt work :/ it gave a weird white square to the left of the icons and shifted them al right. you dont have to make another one... if you could tell me the file that would be great though
    Last edited by cocotherat; 08-26-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love this theme TC.. can't wait for more.
    Here is a HD wallpaper I made tell me how you like it... added a frame to it.

Also TC can you post PSD version of the frames... I want to change the colour to my own needs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-wallpaper-4.png   1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-wallpaper-5.png   1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-wallpaper-2.png  

Thanks

the thing that controls the shdow when an icon is pressed is IconDarkeningOverlay@2x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cocotherat For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-26-2010)

Thanks

No worries on that SMSbackground TC...you've got bigger fish to fry! =)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck1969 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-26-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

1. Is the weathericon app in cydia working for everyone? Need to have that in order to get weather working and displayed like everyone has in their screen shots? Can't get mine onto my home screen. Nothing shows up...

2. I have one last request as far as the wallpaper goes...
    TC, the last one you did with just the shelves and no background per my request (well uh, hehehe) can you put a black background on that please? Or if someone else that has the know how and would like to save TC some time and effort, can chime in if they'd like.

Thanks.

edit...yeah, just the three glass shelves look sweet. Just need a black background or maybe various backgrounds to choose from. As soon as it's done i'll post up screenies.
    Last edited by TheTattooKid; 08-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks

hey guys -- keep it coming... i might not respond immediately, got a full-time, a wife and kid (that's home sick with an eye infection)... but I have no problem whatsoever helping you all in any way i can -- remember, this is what beta-testing is... you guys are my guineau pigs to get this thing just right before releasing it and having hundreds of folks addressing the same issues the few of us are...

Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post
    i ment the stock weather icon lol but i see what you mean loving it so far tho TCcentex...it always rains in london lol
    I've got the weather AND Cydia icon all figured out... i'll send out another beta (v1.0.1) in the next couple days.. if you have the ability and the know-how, I'm pretty sure the issue is that there are two folders for each app, one in the bundles file (com.apple.weather & com.saurik.cydia) and the other in the folders file (Weather.app & Cydia.app)... YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IN THE BUNDLES (com.xxxx.appname) FOLDERS ARE COPIED OVER TO THE CORRESPONDING "FOLDERS" FILES (appname.app)... THEN DELETE THE BUNDLES VERSIONS, leaving just the "folders" versions... hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by singh224 View Post
    Love this theme TC.. can't wait for more.
    Here is a HD wallpaper I made tell me how you like it... added a frame to it.

Also TC can you post PSD version of the frames... I want to change the colour to my own needs.
    Those wallpapers look sweet! nice car

and i've always felt weird about releasing psds with the complete layer effects and everything applied.... if there's a particular color you're looking for i can work on something for you... is that cool?

Quote Originally Posted by cocotherat View Post
    the thing that controls the shdow when an icon is pressed is IconDarkeningOverlay@2x
    glad you were able to locate it

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    No worries on that SMSbackground TC...you've got bigger fish to fry! =)
    mmmm... fish -- i might be breaking for dinner soon, i'm suddenly craving something...

1. Is the weathericon app in cydia working for everyone? Need to have that in order to get weather working and displayed like everyone has in their screen shots? Can't get mine onto my home screen. Nothing shows up...

2. I have one last request as far as the wallpaper goes...
    TC, the last one you did with just the shelves and no background per my request (well uh, hehehe) can you put a black background on that please? Or if someone else that has the know how and would like to save TC some time and effort, can chime in if they'd like.

Thanks.
    The weather widget appearing at the top of the springboard is not associated with any other app, and does not require another app to operate.. it's truly a plug-and-play weather widget. Weathericon is an app that adds a stock icon to the springboard (like the phone, messages, app store ICONS) with the current weather image and temperature appearing in the icon only (can also be posted on the status bar real tiny..).. AND.. weathericon is not currently supported on the iphone 4 - it will crash the springboard if activated -- David Ashman (the creator) is working on a solution as we speak, but has not come up with it just yet - weathericon needs an update to work on the iP4.

This is all you need to do... access the "read me" file in the theme folders you downloaded from the link i sent you and follow the instructions for the widget setup -- once you run through it, let me know if you have any questions
    posted the solution for the weather & cydia icons up top...

As for the black background, can you provide a screenshot or a description? Do you want it textured to look like metal, carbon fiber, etc... gradient, shadowing, etc?

Banned
    Thanks

This is how it looks now (kinda weak). I wanna put weather widget on the bottom plus i have a few other ideas.
    Maybe you can do one carbon fiber only, one gradient only, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-img_0447.png  
    Last edited by TheTattooKid; 08-26-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I got a black background. Glass shelves under the icons would fit perfect for me, if u could hook that up TC. And i finally got the weather widget to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1derful HD for iPhone 4 AND IPHONE 5-img_0455.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

woot

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xbins00 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (08-27-2010)

Thanks

i find the file... but the shadow you gave me had a white background, and it needs to be transparent cause it didnt work :/

Thanks

I got a black background. Glass shelves under the icons would fit perfect for me, if u could hook that up TC. And i finally got the weather widget to work.
    i'll come up with a few options for you and post them here in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by xbins00 View Post
    woot
    woot right back atcha'

Quote Originally Posted by cocotherat View Post
    i find the file... but the shadow you gave me had a white background, and it needs to be transparent cause it didnt work :/
    i'll post the transparent one in a bit so you can put it back in... if you have photoshop or gimp you can erase everything on the image or reduce the opacity to zero then save and throw it back in yourself if you'd prefer..

--------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE:
    I'll be releasing 1derful HD beta v1.0.1 within the next 24-hours with these updates:

- option for weather widget to appear on the bottom of the springboard

- added instructions to the "Read Me" file for changing the temp from celcius to fahrenheit, changing language from English, 12-hour to 24-hour clock...

- all loading screens have been pulled out of the main theme and made into their own "1derfulHD LoadingScreens.theme" that you check off in winterboard above the base theme (i noticed i was pushing almost 70mb with the Loaders in there, and I still have a lot to add as far as themed images -- seperating the loading screens into their own theme dropped the main theme down to about 25mb)

- revised/improved buttons and graphics

- NO MORE SUMMERBOARD MODE! I deleted the base theme's "Icons" folder (pretty much the only culprit requiring summerboard mode), and all icons will reside in their corresponding "Bundles" folders as they should

... then i've got to theme the Weather app, Phone app, Settings app and clean some stuff up and we should be ready to release!

TC
    Last edited by TCcentex; 08-27-2010 at 09:38 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

norbertstumpe (08-27-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

keep up the good work TCcentex looking forward to beta 1.0.1

Banned
    Thanks

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Splitroaster's Avatar
    Thanks

[ weathericon is not currently supported on the iphone 4 - it will crash the springboard if activated -- David Ashman (the creator) is working on a solution as we speak, but has not come up with it just yet - weathericon needs an update to work on the iP4.
    He has an update on his beta site which so far looks to be working I can get the temp on status bar or have it on the weather icon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Splitroaster View Post
    He has an update on his beta site which so far looks to be working I can get the temp on status bar or have it on the weather icon
    Yeah, I've been following Jim on twitter and know he's making progress, but I'm going to wait until all the beta testing is done and weathericon for iP4 is available on Cydia... I've had that mod on all my themes and I miss it...