+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is how to make your widget display your city right...

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by KillTrend Yes. Just make it the right size and follow the instructions in my earlier posts. I've already read your instructions, but 320x480 is not HD. A
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KillTrend View Post
    Yes. Just make it the right size and follow the instructions in my earlier posts.

I've already read your instructions, but 320x480 is not HD.

A true HD wallpaper would be 640x960 on the retina display, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm asking if there's a way to actually use a HD wallpaper, not downsizing a wallpaper to SD.

I'm aware that winterboard currently doesn't support HD wallpapers, but I'm wondering if there's a way around it while using this widget.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am looking for a very unique skin for my ipod nano from a very long and i just got one from here. It is very easy to apply like a
    sticker and can easily be peeled off, Indeed, it gives a very cool look to nano.

Ipod nano

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Berbers? You spammer.

Anyway, with this widget, the background goes black. Can't be overlaid. Um. All I can say is stay away from widgets if you need a retina display wallpaper. There are plenty hd images you can resize that won't look terrible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm guessing no one figured out how to remove the wallpaper altogether on this one. I would love to keep the widget itself (date time weather icon city) but be able to switch wallpapers. I've tried so much to no avail. Even transparent wallpapers don't work.
    any thoughts?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bamboozle's Avatar
    Thanks

Just adding the question too, how to use this with your own background?
    Or is there another Weather "app" that is neat?

I would also like to know how to go from AM/PM clock to a 24h clock.
    No(R)Way Is Heading down and under.
    Just a few decades and you will see and understand!

Thanks

for the 24hr clock you need to go to widget.html
    // Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
    var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

// Convert the hours component to 12-hour format if needed
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;

put a // in front of the lines that don't have it (or delete that portion)
    it shows up twice in the file.
    THat may work I haven't tested it.

for wallpaper you can replace the wallpaper.png file with your own (you may have to canvas resize to 320x480 though :/ ) but I'm hoping to figure out how to use the native wallpaper function with the phone. almost have it too. If I could figure out how to convert the theme to allow hi def (@2x) wallpapers then I may just have it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have this weather widget and I've noticed the weather doesn't update unless you restart the phone, is anyone else having issues like this?

Thanks

It is set to update every 50 minutes by default. You can change that in the configureme.js (there are 2 of these)
    at the very bottom you'll see the time interval. Change to whatever you wish. I don't know how that would effect battery if it would.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    It is set to update every 50 minutes by default. You can change that in the configureme.js (there are 2 of these)
    at the very bottom you'll see the time interval. Change to whatever you wish. I don't know how that would effect battery if it would.
    Thanks, I found the file and changed it every 15 min. So we'll see how it goes. Not to worried about battery life since I plug it in through out the day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Hey I have just purchased a iphone, Since I am considering it to be jailbreaked, please tell me will this widget work with that ? Can you please help me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sofia, if you posted here first, you should read some basic threads first on jailbreaking. What works with your phone. What doesn't. Also consider reading this entire thread, because if you want this widget, the answers are here to make it work.

As for battery life with a short duration of refresh: just refresh the weather page x amount of times where x is the amount of times your phone will. It's not a huge drain at 50. Maybe a percent. Or two.

Thanks

I get between 4-5 min per 1%. I have a lot installed not just this. Heck, without this widget I'd still get that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I changed the refresh time and it still doesn't refresh, it's been 90* since yesterday and it hasn't changed yet. Colorado doesn't stay 90 24 hrs a day lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol. Try double checking your yahooWeather line. Also check no other winterboard widget I'd interfering. I hate to say "check if it's plugged in" but... Check. Lol. If nothing else works, uninstall, reinstall. Edit the location. Turn everything off but that then respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realisticmind1 View Post
    I've already read your instructions, but 320x480 is not HD.

A true HD wallpaper would be 640x960 on the retina display, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm asking if there's a way to actually use a HD wallpaper, not downsizing a wallpaper to SD.

I'm aware that winterboard currently doesn't support HD wallpapers, but I'm wondering if there's a way around it while using this widget.
    Same problem for me !

My original 640*960 wallpaper of my theme is downsized to a quarter (320*480) = Awful
    On my former iPhones, i had weather widget, but on my iPhone 4, without WinterBoard update, it looks blurry... We loose all Retina interest...
    Weather Widget is fine, but not adapted to retina for the moment...

What we have to do ? Wait for a Cydia update ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, switch to iweather. It allows regular setting of background with a fix to respring and see it! Try it out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KillTrend For This Useful Post:

luminou (09-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you tell me why the time/date is displayed in capitols when the code is clearly initial capital, do not like the capitals, thanxs :-)

found the line of code in the widget.html under td#date, changed the the line text-transform: uppercase; to text-transform: capitalize;
    Last edited by paulq13; 09-09-2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

My city name doesn't show up. What shall i do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bahtiar View Post
    You must have WinterBoard and iFile installed to follow this guide.

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Install the weatherFurikiOs4 widget from Cydia.

2. Now open this website Weather Location Codes/IDs

3. On this site in the search field put the city that you want to have in your widget and after you will get the code with 8 number write it down so you can put it later in the configureMe.js

4. Now open iFile from your iphone and go to this folder /Library/Themes/weatherFurikiOs4/Private/WeatherWidget/Private/ and in this folder you will find configureMe.js file that you have to edit

5. Now open and start to edit this file and go to this line var locale = "here you have to put the 8 number code".

6. After you do all this procedure restart your iphone and thats it you'll get what you were asking for.
    Thanks this worked perfect for me on my iPhone 4 4.1

Thanks

I keep getting Cocoa error 513. Any Idea why? I'm using XHD weather widget.
    Last edited by akward silence; 10-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    mod edit/link removed.