+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Hi-Res icon Collection, add or grab.

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
So okay, now i got it: you want to replace the low-res app icons. But i think every update of any app in the future will install autmatically high-res icons.
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

So okay, now i got it: you want to replace the low-res app icons. But i think every update of any app in the future will install autmatically high-res icons. Its just a question of time till this issue is solved. I was the same on ipad (72x72 p). All apps or updated apps now have this ipad size included.

Thanks

shapewriter pro icon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 Hi-Res icon Collection, add or grab.-ikonka-2-.jpg  

Thanks

I say should be for Cydia apps that are high res and along with their bundle identifier. If you get into 250K plus app store icons everyone has their own taste which will make this thread enormous.... Just my two cents

Thanks

Feel Free To Upload Any Cydia App Icons

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

So as we need Cydia icons and i could not find a highres Winterboard icon i just made it on my own.

You can use it for whatever, no credits needed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

stocis (09-10-2010)

Thanks

I use folders for the icons instead of bundles

Easy way to get your icon names is to open ssh or i use iphonefolders got to the main directory and you will see a folder called applications open this folder and you will see all your apps stock and cydia each folder has the icon name in it just copy the names of the folders into a folder called Folders then make your icons 118x120 then add the icon to the folder it goes in then copy the Folder named Folders into your main theme folder work awesome with all my apps

Most of them are icon.png or [email protected] but some throw a loop in there and capitalize the I like this Icon.png and [email protected] the only one i found different is ifile which is the same as posted above by Tcentex and it work great!!

in the applications folder in each folder the icon will be there with the name of it.

In the attached is a pic of my folder names that I use

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment....1&d=1283135719
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 Hi-Res icon Collection, add or grab.-untitled.png  
    Last edited by holdemdogg; 08-29-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    anyone have a good alternate youtube for retina iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    So okay, now i got it: you want to replace the low-res app icons. But i think every update of any app in the future will install autmatically high-res icons. Its just a question of time till this issue is solved. I was the same on ipad (72x72 p). All apps or updated apps now have this ipad size included.
    This is incorrect.

What you mean to say is that non-lazy devs will update to hi-res icons.

TweetDeck updated their app a couple of days ago, and it's still a terrible low-res icon on my iPhone 4.

TomTom still uses a low-res icon. So does Weather Channel. So does Shazam. So does WoW Armory. So does Google Earth. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Considering that we are months past release of the iPhone 4 and a massive amount of major app icons still look like %#@# It's obvious that if we want a completely hi-res look on our phone, we are going to have to do it ourselves.

On a side note, if anyone wanted to replicate the Apple Fully Loaded icon pack in HD I'd love you forever.
    Last edited by Bitlovin; 08-31-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or you guys can just pull artwork for iTunes apps from here iExtract - iTunes App Artwork Extractor and resize/mask/shadow/havesexwith it yourself. If you can't photoshop to save your life just ask someone to do it. I also don't see the point in posting every single app store icon in HD in a thread unless it's been requested but it's nice that you're helping the community.

Thanks

Basically, I'm Just Uploading The Icons That I Have Made/Use Myself, Since I've Already Gone Through The Effort, Like BitLovin Said Only Non-Lazy Developers Change Their icons, Even Resident Evil 4, Which Updated A Few Days Ago Changed My Hi-Res Icon Back Down to A Pixelated Mess

P.S Sorry For The Lack of Updates, Work Is Getting A Bit Hectic At The Moment But I'll Have A Nice Pack & A Few More Cydia App Icons Uploaded By The End Of The Week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 Hi-Res icon Collection, add or grab.-winterboard.png  

Thanks

What do you do in photoshop to make an image high res?

Thanks

I want to know can you use different colors besides black and white for the iconoverlay and iconmask?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

so how do we put these icons on our phones...i get the whole cydia icon placement but where are these bundle folders located once we are ssh'd into our phone...i did some general browsing and didnt run across them

iPhone? More like MyPhone kevin.e.white's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    so how do we put these icons on our phones...i get the whole cydia icon placement but where are these bundle folders located once we are ssh'd into our phone...i did some general browsing and didnt run across them
    iphone standard apps and cydia/rock apps are in /var/stash/Applications.
    go into the app you want ,they will usually be called [email protected].
    i just edit the name and put a "." after png then rename chosen app with the one you just changed.

appstore apps are in /var/mobile/Applications

hope ive helped in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barquey View Post
    What do you do in photoshop to make an image high res?
    because the display is @2x you would create an icon at 118x120 (twice the usual size) then once its named "example" icon@x2
    ^
    this will scale it down twice
    without loosing any of the detail.

i hope i am right and apologise if im wrong.
    Last edited by kevin.e.white; 09-08-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevin.e.white For This Useful Post:

bgattis (09-10-2010), Ticko (09-08-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSonic View Post
    Basically, I'm Just Uploading The Icons That I Have Made/Use Myself, Since I've Already Gone Through The Effort, Like BitLovin Said Only Non-Lazy Developers Change Their icons, Even Resident Evil 4, Which Updated A Few Days Ago Changed My Hi-Res Icon Back Down to A Pixelated Mess

P.S Sorry For The Lack of Updates, Work Is Getting A Bit Hectic At The Moment But I'll Have A Nice Pack & A Few More Cydia App Icons Uploaded By The End Of The Week.
    this icon has a white border around it instead of transparent...do i need to resize it or something?

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Found some great Hi res icons online, they are primarily for themers who dont own an iPhone 4 so cant grab the Stock Icons...
    Attached Files Attached Files

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

bgattis (09-10-2010), joshjen10 (01-01-2011), kevin.e.white (09-10-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

great work. keep it up guys
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    this icon has a white border around it instead of transparent...do i need to resize it or something?
    Which Icon Is That Mate?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSonic View Post
    Which Icon Is That Mate?
    winterboard

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

iExtract - iTunes App Artwork Extractor Get all stock icons high res from here