Page 5 of 492 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Hello Doreen, great theme you made here! I was waiting for this theme to come out for the new iPhone 4. I just have one problem:
    -Anyway to put the names of the apps available under the app?

Other than that, LOVING IT.
    Also, some app requests:
    Echofon
    The impossible quiz

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 673 Posts

@ToastedIpad

Echofon (x2), The Impossible Quiz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -echofon.png   -echofon1.png   -theimpossiblequiz.png  

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

Dara (08-27-2010), Doreen (08-17-2010)

Hi Guys

manage to edit some details for IPHONE 4...
    attach is the results....still finding ways to solve the KEYPAD...

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0228.png  

Default Help!?
    Please don't send me mean emails saying to google it because I did! I'm BRAND new at this whole SSH thing and jailbreaking.

So I love the Buuf theme and in particular what you all have done to make this iphone 4 compatible...! But I can't get it to work because I'm about clueless!

I installed the SSH program and Winscp. I found the themes folder on my iphone in winscp and transferred the folders from the original zip file into the Themes folder. Then I went into Winterboard and unclicked my old themes and clicked on the new themes and resprung...but now my iphone goes back to stock with my user wallpaper.

What did I miss???
    Thanks!!!

hey guys.. this is an awesome theme.. btw, i installed this theme on my iphone 4 and it looks great, just that the icons doesnt really look HD.. izzit normal? any ways to make it sharper?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,573 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedIpad View Post
    Hello Doreen, great theme you made here! I was waiting for this theme to come out for the new iPhone 4. I just have one problem:
    -Anyway to put the names of the apps available under the app?
    Rename the info.plist file to something else since it is that file that has removed your icon titles.

Quote Originally Posted by nooyenp View Post
    maybe this is useful?

iPhone 4 GUI PSD (Retina Display) | Teehan+Lax

there is a link with a psd for the iphone 4 artwork.
    Thank you for that post. I only wish I had a decent graphic app that would open up layered .psd's but it might help another person here.

Quote Originally Posted by pasturepony View Post
    Please don't send me mean emails saying to google it because I did! I'm BRAND new at this whole SSH thing and jailbreaking.

So I love the Buuf theme and in particular what you all have done to make this iphone 4 compatible...! But I can't get it to work because I'm about clueless!

I installed the SSH program and Winscp. I found the themes folder on my iphone in winscp and transferred the folders from the original zip file into the Themes folder. Then I went into Winterboard and unclicked my old themes and clicked on the new themes and resprung...but now my iphone goes back to stock with my user wallpaper.

What did I miss???
    Thanks!!!
    Nope you've done everything correct just go into your iPhone's settings and tap on Winterboard and in those settings make sure you have "SummerBoard Mode" set to "ON"

Quote Originally Posted by vincent199188 View Post
    hey guys.. this is an awesome theme.. btw, i installed this theme on my iphone 4 and it looks great, just that the icons doesnt really look HD.. izzit normal? any ways to make it sharper?
    For the iPhone 4 you need your icons to be 128X128 and placed individually in directories inside the Bundles folder (very time consuming so it will take a long time for everyone to start pitching in here. Check this out for further info regarding that: http://iphone.xengi.net/cfbundleidentifier/

Default help again?
    Thanks for the quick reply!!

I did as you said and tried both ways with Summerboard Mode. Neither way is working for me.

Is there an order these files should be in in Winterboard? Just dragging and dropping them into the "themes" folder was good enough or was I supposed to place them in particular folders within "themes". BTW my "themes" folder wasn't under Library, it was under Private/Var/stash. Does that make a difference? All of the files should be checked, right?

Anything else you can think of?

Thanks again!!!

Thanks

First redownload the file from my first post in this thread since I have updated the file and put everything into (1) theme folder so as not to confuse some ppl.

Unzip that file and place the (1) folder named "Buuf iPhone 4.theme" in this directory: /<root> "Library/Themes"

You need to make sure you're at the root so yes that may be the trouble also make sure you have Summerboard Mode set to "On" and then make sure you have the theme ontop of everything else in Winterboard and also that it is checked on and then respring.

Default help
    Ok, so one question...I don't have a "themes" folder under Library. Should I create one? ALL of my themes I've downloaded via cydia are in the var/stash not in root.

Ideas?

Thank you so much for all of the help!!

Thanks

Hmmm you should, are you clicking on the topmost folder of each directory in winSCP? which should take you all the way to the root where you can't go any further? Max your window double check your scrollbars (sometimes they hide) but I'm pretty sure I checked and I have both directories the one you mentioned and the one I normally go to when manually installing my themes...
    Last edited by Doreen; 08-17-2010 at 04:38 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

pasturepony (08-17-2010)

Hey stereo your pretty awesome with the icons man and rediculously quick to make them.

On another not do you all think this thread will eventually get 500 post like buuf2 did haha I keep lookin for a theme to replace my buuf since I've had it for like six months but I just love it to much.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aliquippakid For This Useful Post:

Stereo89 (08-18-2010)

Outstanding!! That helped and I got it to work! ;-))
    So for the couple of icons such as craigsmobile, google, solebon, maps, stanza, contacts, etc that doesn't yet have a new icon yet, can I manually take them from my old buuf2 folder to the new buuf folder with icons? Do I need to change anything? Same for the background/wallpaper..?

And if I want the icons to have names under them I remove that plist thing?

Thanks again for taking time out to help a newbie!!

Quote Originally Posted by pasturepony View Post
    Outstanding!! That helped and I got it to work! ;-))
    So for the couple of icons such as craigsmobile, google, solebon, maps, stanza, contacts, etc that doesn't yet have a new icon yet, can I manually take them from my old buuf2 folder to the new buuf folder with icons? Do I need to change anything? Same for the background/wallpaper..?

And if I want the icons to have names under them I remove that plist thing?

Thanks again for taking time out to help a newbie!!
    Hi

yes you can....u can take those old icons and re-use again.
    Just put in the ICON folder. Do it the same for background and wallpaper, but place it in the THEME/XXXtheme folder.

cheers

================================================== ==============================================

Hi Doreen

any chance u able to Buuf the battery when iphone4 is charging?
    it seems that the icon size & name have changed in Iphone4...

Cheers
    Last edited by warrior888; 08-17-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    @ToastedIpad

Echofon (x2), The Impossible Quiz
    Thanks dude!

hey doreen, the link that has 128x128 icons doesnt seem to have all the icons.. eg. the youtube, safari

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vincent199188 View Post
    hey doreen, the link that has 128x128 icons doesnt seem to have all the icons.. eg. the youtube, safari
    If you need some icons, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    If you need some icons, just ask!
    hey stereo, thanks a lot.. maybe u can help me make the setting, youtube, ifile, phone and safari?

Sorry if its too many..

CHEERS!!

Thanks

@vincent199188

Settings, YouTube, iFile, Phone, Safari

Do you like them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -setting.png   -setting1.png   -youtube.png   -ifile.png   -phone.png   -iphone.png   -safari.png  

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

chad daddy (02-24-2011), Dara (08-27-2010), mg855n (01-06-2011), Scarch (10-28-2010), shellbell1471 (11-27-2010), vincent199188 (08-19-2010)

OMG STEREO, U R THE MAN!!

This is awesome dude!

PS: May have more request!! HAHA!!

Dear Stereo,

Sorry to bother u again but can i request for weather, camera, and stocks icon in 128x128?

thanks a lot!
    Last edited by vincent199188; 08-19-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@vincent199188

Weather, Camera, Stock

Do you like them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -weather1.png   -weather.png   -camera.png   -camera1.png   -stocks.png  

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

chad daddy (02-24-2011), Dara (08-27-2010), It's Mi (03-22-2012), Lobi_Earl (02-12-2013), Scarch (10-28-2010), shellbell1471 (11-27-2010)

Page 5 of 492 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast