Page 3 of 492 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doreen,

i think theoretically you don't have to resize the 128x128 icons. here's why I think that. checkout how I switched the biteSMS icon to the stock SMS icon on iPhone 4. here's the path of how the theme was formatted:

bitesmstostocksms.theme/Bundles/com.bitesms/icon.png

i used this png file below, it's a 118x120 resolution but with the path above it resized the icon to an appropiate size and looked highres on the 4

does anyone know why this path resized the icon. it might shed some light on using the 128x128 icons with manually resizing in photoshop beforehand

Thanks
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,194 Posts

There are two ways of doing this but going this method from what I've read is better since it causes no lag on your springboard however, it seems that it will take foreverrrr to create a directory for each icon rather than just tossing them all in one folder.

http://suavehd.xengi.org/cfbundleidentifiers.php

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    I am clueless with photoshop resizing images etc otherwise I'd help but I applaud your efforts. If its any relief why not charge a couple bucks for the theme that way you are at least paid for your work/time put in. You can count me in and im sure numerous others.
    Thanks for that thought it is appreciated but since the Jailbreaks are free and they put alottt of work into getting that out to us I think we should put out decent free themes in repayment to the community. Also mattahan worked his behind off to make these icons so there is no way on earth I would take a penny for using his work to make this theme.
    Last edited by Doreen; 08-10-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

makes me think of PvZ.

The few icons I made for my springboard are retina display ready. It's a very long process and takes alot of tries to figure out what folder path all the icons need in order to work. That's why I personally only changed the few that were displayed and not in folders. It's not extremely hard just very time consuming. Here's a post that helped me understand how to make my buuf icons display properly if anyones interested
    MacThemes Forum / iPhone4 themes - icons appearing HUGE

Thanks Doreen I didn't catch that link you put up for the folder paths. I was looking for something like that
    Last edited by lunercrab; 08-10-2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmm another problem i found.
    i figured out how to resize all my buuf icons to work on retina display. however... when i place a mis-shapen icon (most buuf icons are) theres a dark transparent square behind each icon placed on the DOCK only. when i move the icon onto the sb page the transparent square goes away (it seems to be there when you place your finger on the icon)

where can i find this image in the directory, and just get rid of it?

heres a pic with the square behind the iPod icon in the dock

iPod icon out of dock

Figured it out!!
    i just used the com.apple.springboard folder and edited the WallpaperIconDockShadow files as blank files (both small and 2x)
    Last edited by KiraXD; 08-10-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    There are two ways of doing this but going this method from what I've read is better since it causes no lag on your springboard however, it seems that it will take foreverrrr to create a directory for each icon rather than just tossing them all in one folder.

http://suavehd.xengi.org/cfbundleidentifiers.php

Thanks for that thought it is appreciated but since the Jailbreaks are free and they put alottt of work into getting that out to us I think we should put out decent free themes in repayment to the community. Also mattahan worked his behind off to make these icons so there is no way on earth I would take a penny for using his work to make this theme.
    Right agree, was just a thought if anything the earnings would go to all involved in creating the theme but i see what youre saying. Giving back to the community is a nice gesture for the scene and not a lot of that is around anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KiraXD View Post
    Figured it out!!
    i just used the com.apple.springboard folder and edited the WallpaperIconDockShadow files as blank files (both small and 2x)
    i had a similar issue with the black behind the icons but it seems only on apps that were purchased from the app store and that they were a deeper black backing. i tried looking for the original png in the springboard.app and found two possible culprits ([email protected] and [email protected]). when i tried to insert blank ones into doreen's theme, i found that she already replaced them. any idea which/where the png is showing up from?

oh, and thanks doreen for the links to the "cfbundleidentifiers". saved me some trouble

Last edited by callmetuan; 08-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by callmetuan View Post
    i had a similar issue with the black behind the icons but it seems only on apps that were purchased from the app store and that they were a deeper black backing. i tried looking for the original png in the springboard.app and found two possible culprits ([email protected] and [email protected]). when i tried to insert blank ones into doreen's theme, i found that she already replaced them. any idea which/where the png is showing up from?

oh, and thanks doreen for the links to the "cfbundleidentifiers". saved me some trouble

I have the fix for the Wallpaper icon shadow in the main theme folder: Buuf iPhone 4 theme.zip (It's in the springboard directory folder)

I just noticed something why is it that with Winterboard installed and a theme enabled all the text on the App icons lose the shadow behind them? If you can see all the screenshots posted - why does text not have a shadow behind it like the stock lettering does?

Edit: not sure if this is specific to this theme, all themes or winterboard in general just thought i'd ask
    Last edited by bobright; 08-10-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks

I take the text off my icons on my Springboard but from what I've gathered there are several issues still being worked on in regards to Winterboard on iPhone 4. In due time I'm pretty sure all the kinks will be worked out, I'm trying to update the Dialer for iPhone 4 but I cannot get the top portion to skin it still remains the default blue. I've got the depressed button states working though so far.

Last edited by Doreen; 08-11-2010 at 12:07 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

bobright (08-11-2010)

Would the "Springboard Stuff" folder go into the "Library/Themes" folder, too? Great theme!

You'll go to the root directory of your phone then: "Library/Themes" Then extract the zips and just drop the individual folders in the Themes folder until I can bundle everything up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nailerpa View Post
    Would the "Springboard Stuff" folder go into the "Library/Themes" folder, too? Great theme!
    No I had posted that earlier before I bundled everything up in the theme folder basically that has the shadow fixes and matching Buuf folders. The reason I'm leaving things separated is so anyone working on new themes for iPhone 4 might possibly benefit from looking at those files...

I'm still waiting myself for someone else to post a good dialer skin for me to disect and find out how to skin the default dialer for the iPhone 4 it's like learning all over again from scratch. *sigh*

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Doreen is god

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ufcsean For This Useful Post:

Doreen (08-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    Doreen is god
    If I was God I certainly would not be having all this trouble trying make a simple little theme. hehe!

Thanks

Howcome it hasn't got High res icons???

Thanks

Cuz I'm not God? hehe

Actually it's cuz when I toss the 128x128 icon in the correct bundle though they show up high res they shrink small and I want them bigger but when I toss them in the Icons folder in a larger size they look fuzzy.

Still working on this though...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (08-11-2010)

Thanks

Cuz I'm not God? hehe

Actually it's cuz when I toss the 128x128 icon in the correct bundle though they show up high res they shrink small and I want them bigger but when I toss them in the Icons folder in a larger size they look fuzzy.

Still working on this though...
    You are god! ha. Well you would be if they came out in high res

Looking forward to seeing some progress!

hey what about the original dialer from the other buuf theme....you think we can fix it to work with the ip4?

oh an i got a very few icons i started to make in hd, if i can figure out how to upload them anyone is welcome to them, so far i've only did maps,phone,sms,safari,clock and camera...and sorta calendar, though i need to figure out how to fix the date properly
    Last edited by lunercrab; 08-11-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks

That dialer is driving me crazy but as soon as someone is kind enough to share an example first then we can do it. Here is what I have the Buuf in HD. The only way to get HD is creating a bundle for each individual icon which is rediculous. http://img823.imageshack.us/f/003ua.png/

yep it is very time consuming putting the icons together...are you working off the original buuf retail set off deviant art? i hate cause all my other buuf icons form the original theme i can't upsize and there was so many good ones...we u able to upsize any of the originals? i'm guessing there's no way to upsize and keep em' clear....

Page 3 of 492 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast