+ Reply
Page 2 of 492 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Any idea why the wallpaper isnt showing, or none of the icons like safari, ipod, lock rotation etc arent showing correctly? pop-ups/folders/sms all work perfectly
    Thanks

Any idea why the wallpaper isnt showing, or none of the icons like safari, ipod, lock rotation etc arent showing correctly? pop-ups/folders/sms all work perfectly

Last edited by bobright; 08-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks again for the start. I was able to find some icons and finally figured out how to apply them. Although I manually had to change the textfree app through ssh since I couldn't figure out that ones fold pattern. Here's what I got so far

Hey I noticed you change stuff in your status bar. Is there a tutorial on here on how to do that?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

Doreen (08-09-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    Thanks again for the start. I was able to find some icons and finally figured out how to apply them. Although I manually had to change the textfree app through ssh since I couldn't figure out that ones fold pattern. Here's what I got so far

Hey I noticed you change stuff in your status bar. Is there a tutorial on here on how to do that?
    do you care sharing how you got the background + icons to show up or are those from a old theme not optimized for iPhone 4?

i looked through all the zip packages myself and none of the icons or wallpaper could be found inside the folders, am i doing something wrong or are the icon screenshots from the OP not supposed to be included?
    Last edited by bobright; 08-09-2010 at 08:15 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My 3gs has been buufed for a long time. I mixed some things with it all the icons go great with the woodshelves wallpaper from ispazio. Soon as I get the four I'm goin to buuf that thing!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post

Download from the first post "Buuf iPhone 4 theme.zip" (which has everything to get you guys started)
    Last edited by Doreen; 08-09-2010 at 11:18 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

bobright (08-09-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

do you care sharing how you got the background + icons to show up or are those from a old theme not optimized for iPhone 4?

i looked through all the zip packages myself and none of the icons or wallpaper could be found inside the folders, am i doing something wrong or are the icon screenshots from the OP not supposed to be included?
    The icons there I made myself from the original buuf icons downloaded off deviant art. The trays the op made herself and were included in the original post. The background was something I grabbed off google.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

bobright (08-09-2010)

Thanks

edit: got it working icons wont show if Summerboard Mode is enabled that was the culprit, thanks everybody.
    Last edited by bobright; 08-09-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks

Hmm, is the pop-up, Rotate Screen and music controls skinned? I see the badge is? Try to do a quick reset.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hmm, is the pop-up, Rotate Screen and music controls skinned? I see the badge is? Try to do a quick reset.
    See above edit they are skinned now, but if u see i have a shadow behind safari, the ipod etc can i get rid of that? Or is that normal?

Thanks Doreen

Thanks

I thought I put the fix for all the shadow issues, let me poke around and see if I left that out of the file by mistake...

Yup my mistake, re-download the Buuf iPhone 4 theme file again and install and respring and let me know if I got that fix in there right okay. Thanks
    Last edited by Doreen; 08-09-2010 at 09:30 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

bobright (08-09-2010)

Thanks

Yaay all working....now i just need to hunt down a twitter icon to at least complete the front page =)

BTW I dedicate my 1,000th post to Buuf and Doreen lol
    Last edited by bobright; 08-09-2010 at 09:57 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

Doreen (08-09-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I installed all the packages but for some reason the icons still not change on my iphone 4???
    Last edited by Om3r; 08-09-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks

Did you download the file I just posted? Buuf iPhone 4 theme.zip?

Also per bob:

edit: got it working icons wont show if Summerboard Mode is enabled that was the culprit, thanks everybody.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thx it worked now.. only my Settigns and Weather are not updated. This is because my iphone is in french and Settings(Réglages) and Weather(Météo). Is there any way to change icons for an app with character like é â è???

Thanks

Sorry I think the only immediate way would be to use an app whereas you could browse the directories on your iPhone and directly rename the icon from within your iPhone using your iPhone's keyboard.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thx. just downloader Rename II and it worked.. in Icons folder i did not find icon for Stocks and Map app. if someone can share it would be appreciated. thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    thx. just downloader Rename II and it worked.. in Icons folder i did not find icon for Stocks and Map app. if someone can share it would be appreciated. thx
    didnt notice that, using stock as those arent included as of now..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi doreen, thanks for the effort btw. i downloaded the 128x128 icons from your megaupload link. i put them in the icons folder but the icons were supersized. i appended the files name with @2x before the .png extenstion but no go. any way around this besides creating a com.appnamegoeshere folder in the bundles folder?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to callmetuan For This Useful Post:

Doreen (08-09-2010)

Thanks

Unfortunetely this looks like it's going to be a painful project but hopefully everyone will jump in and and begin to offer up the resized icons until I get around to making the set. So far I've just been trying to re-learn all the new UI Image sizes and placements and skinning the iPhone's default apps and recently I've been trying to skin the iPhone's default Dialer but to no avail cuz "everything" has been resized, renamed and some directories are now restructured.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Unfortunetely this looks like it's going to be a painful project but hopefully everyone will jump in and and begin to offer up the resized icons until I get around to making the set. So far I've just been trying to re-learn all the new UI Image sizes and placements and skinning the iPhone's default apps and recently I've been trying to skin the iPhone's default Dialer but to no avail cuz "everything" has been resized, renamed and some directories are now restructured.
    I am clueless with photoshop resizing images etc otherwise I'd help but I applaud your efforts. If its any relief why not charge a couple bucks for the theme that way you are at least paid for your work/time put in. You can count me in and im sure numerous others.